Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Trip JJJ, if MBIII was getting the benefit of Julius's Jones then why does MBIII YPC increase by 37% and Julius only increase by 7.5%? Maybe b/c MBIII runs better?

Would it not stand to reason that if JJ is softening them up and MBIII is laying the hammer on soft wood that JJ would get more than 4.3YPC?? MBIII goes up 37%!

This is a silly argument. Only the willfully blind homer would argue JJ is even in MBIIIs league. I am not even sure I understand their is a point to this argument. Yes. Julius has lower numbers b/c he gets the first series of a game.

But please -- we are talking 16TDs to 3TDs. 5 YPC carry versus 4.

Pull all the stats you want the fact is the Coaches put MBIII in and magic happens. Julius causes this O to sputter. Just look at the drives this season where we score points.
Yet when Marion gets the ball in the first half, his average is lower than Julius'. The reason Marion's average is better in the second half is because of the type of runner he is: more powerful.

And being a homer has absolutely nothing to do with liking Julius over Marion. They're both on the same team for crying out loud...and I root for the Cowboys. It's not like I don't enjoy it when Marion puts it in the end zone. In fact, unlike you, I root for the entire team, not just my favorite little pretty boys.

I'm done with this argument. Say all you want, I won't see it.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trip J, you must be a ND guy or something.

Saying MBIII has a higher YPC in the second half because he is powerful makes no sense.

With JJ 's breakway speed and a "tired D" he should be able to rack up some big runs too.

Agree, to let it go.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trip J, you must be a ND guy or something.

Saying MBIII has a higher YPC in the second half because he is powerful makes no sense.

With JJ 's breakway speed and a "tired D" he should be able to rack up some big runs too.

Agree, to let it go.
He does... He just doesnt do it often enough... And more often then not Marion is working the 4th Quarter...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
He does... He just doesnt do it often enough... And more often then not Marion is working the 4th Quarter...
Circular reasoning....

JJ would have more longer runs in the 4th if he played .... but he would play if he had better runs in the 3rd/2nd/1st.

When you get as much playing time as JJ and you are relgated to the bench it must be for a reason.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to clarify on the Carpenter issue, you should realize, MOTH, that Carp barely turned 24. He is more than 4 years younger than Akin, and 2-1/2 years younger than Bradie. Have our realistic expectations for him being a Pro Bowler completely disappeared? Not quite, but close. Usually if a guy is going to be a top tier player, he shows something through the first two TC and preseasons, which he really hasn't done. You keep referring to him being bad in TC and in practice, but I haven't seen or heard anything to that yet.

What I do know is that Parcells consistently referred to Carpenter has having outstanding physical tools. He stood by that to the end. So I'm going to have to go ahead and call BS on your calling him out for being slow and weak. Not true.

In the preseason, he showed me a few things that were encouraging. He filled hard in the hole against Houston a couple of times, and you can see that he has pretty good pursuit skills.

Still, all told, a 1st round pick is going to be given every opportunity to break into the lineup, and if he was impressive enough in practice, then he would have played more. We know that much.

However, you have to wonder if he might just be the kind of guy that needs to play in order to improve. There have been plenty of guys like that in the past. Brett Favre is the best example. All accounts are that he was HORRIBLE in practice during his year in Atlanta. His own teammates made fun of him. He was moved to GB, didn't really make that much of an impression in preseason or training camp.....but got into the lineup in the first couple weeks due to injury and he simply took off. There are a lot of players that need to be in there in order to succeed. It is possible that Carpenter is one of those guys. Given the fact that, at the end of the year, when he was getting consistent playing time, he improved ever single game.

It is not true that he didn't help with the pass rush. He got 1-1/2 sacks against Atlanta, and while he may not have been a dynamic threat, he certainly showed a pretty good array of pass rushing moves while playing the nickel DE spot. Then, of course, he gets his first start in the game against Seattle and we all know how well he played there.

Obviously, patience is the best thing here. Making bold declarations--one way or the other--is just plain stupid. He still has it in him to be a very good player here, and its not out of the question for him to do so. There is plenty of time to let him earn his way. Remember Larry Johnson? 1st round pick, behind a superstar, MVP-type player who didn't appear to be slowing down. Went his entire rookie season without doing squat. Two-thirds of the way through his second year he still hadn't seen the field, and his HC was making diaper jokes about him. The, bam, Holmes goes down and LJ goes on a late season tear. The next season, there are still tons of questions about his maturity, future, and even--to a certain extent--ability. They share carries for half a season, with Holmes still being the #1 guy, and one nasty mid-season hit later, LJ is making history and dominating games. There is plenty of time. If Carp still hasn't make ANY noise at this time next year, I will begin to question the likelihood of him ever being a player in the NFL. Right now, all is well, imo.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've found a very intersting reading about a "weird package" we used some times against the Bears. Here's the link:

http://theboysblog.com/2007/09/27/chaos-reigns/

And here's a video of the plays mentioned in the blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MMSPLw_RU

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I've found a very intersting reading about a "weird package" we used some times against the Bears. Here's the link:

Very nice find. Cant wait till Newman gets back..Bring the heat!!!!
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post

good post..Love the way that sounds, that was actually more of what I was looking for with Wade instead of being so predictable...Id actually like to keep those plays to a minimum the next 2 weeks until we play Brady, we are going to need to do whatever we can to pressure him...

and its pretty obvious we need T New full speed that game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Circular reasoning....

JJ would have more longer runs in the 4th if he played .... but he would play if he had better runs in the 3rd/2nd/1st.

When you get as much playing time as JJ and you are relgated to the bench it must be for a reason.
And that would be the case... IF WE WERE ONLY PLAYING A SOLE BACK OFFENCE. Remember that first season where Jones came in late and proceeded to knock up 800 yards in no time whatsoever??? Because the Boys didnt bring in a guy to spell him late...

We are running a two back system which means Marion WILL get carries regardless. It just so happens that at this time Marion is getting the late carries as opposed to the 3rd quarter carries. I also personally feel that Marion's power and ability to break a tackle matches up better with a tired 4th quarter D then Jones speed and agility...

Julius wont play in the 4th unless he is tearing a team apart... Marion wont play in the 1st unless Jones is injured. WHY... Because we dont want to waste Marion's power game against a fresh defence that can actually stop him at the POC...

Now Marion may be a better RB BUT while we have both of them on the roster. The current situation is taylor made for success. There is no guarantee that Marion can get 20+ carries and be as aggressive and powerful as he is(now, late) as well as tear a D apart at the start of the game.

So given what we know of Marion's ability. I think hes in the perfect position to kick ass. Now why Julius over say Tyson Thompson???

Julius is at this point... A veteran on offence for the Cowboys. You arent teaching him how to run, hold the ball, fend correctly. He knows all this. Tyson Thompson on the other hand IMO is still a work in progress(something akin to Tony Romo)... Both can make the defence miss early in games due to there speed and movement...(Tyson could probably make more defenders miss)... But I think the staff trusts JJ's all around game moreso then Tyson's... i.e Run blocking, catching out of the backfield... as well as running with the ball smartly.(not dropping it on contact because the ball is being carried loosely)...

Now while alot of people use the excuse that Julius tires out the defenders for Marion to make plays. Its not in the sense that Julius actually runs into the defenders and you know... Puffs them out with big hits. Its in the sense that ANY player is going to tire them out. The offence tires the Defenders out. So while I'm partial to Julius starting for the Cowboys. You could practically swap Julius with just about any veteran back in the NFL and our offence would probably move at the same pace it does now.

But I will say this. If we ever reverted to a One back system... I would place more faith in JJ based on his 2004 success as a sole back over Marion who has as yet only TWICE had more then 20+ carries in a game. Though I hope we never EVER go back to that unless we get a player befitting that type of system. While Jones has shown in the past he can carry it... Hes not durable. And can go missing bigtime in games.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Just to clarify on the Carpenter issue, you should realize, MOTH, that Carp barely turned 24. He is more than 4 years younger than Akin, and 2-1/2 years younger than Bradie. Have our realistic expectations for him being a Pro Bowler completely disappeared? Not quite, but close. Usually if a guy is going to be a top tier player, he shows something through the first two TC and preseasons, which he really hasn't done. You keep referring to him being bad in TC and in practice, but I haven't seen or heard anything to that yet.

What I do know is that Parcells consistently referred to Carpenter has having outstanding physical tools. He stood by that to the end. So I'm going to have to go ahead and call BS on your calling him out for being slow and weak. Not true.

In the preseason, he showed me a few things that were encouraging. He filled hard in the hole against Houston a couple of times, and you can see that he has pretty good pursuit skills.

Still, all told, a 1st round pick is going to be given every opportunity to break into the lineup, and if he was impressive enough in practice, then he would have played more. We know that much.

However, you have to wonder if he might just be the kind of guy that needs to play in order to improve. There have been plenty of guys like that in the past. Brett Favre is the best example. All accounts are that he was HORRIBLE in practice during his year in Atlanta. His own teammates made fun of him. He was moved to GB, didn't really make that much of an impression in preseason or training camp.....but got into the lineup in the first couple weeks due to injury and he simply took off. There are a lot of players that need to be in there in order to succeed. It is possible that Carpenter is one of those guys. Given the fact that, at the end of the year, when he was getting consistent playing time, he improved ever single game.

It is not true that he didn't help with the pass rush. He got 1-1/2 sacks against Atlanta, and while he may not have been a dynamic threat, he certainly showed a pretty good array of pass rushing moves while playing the nickel DE spot. Then, of course, he gets his first start in the game against Seattle and we all know how well he played there.

Obviously, patience is the best thing here. Making bold declarations--one way or the other--is just plain stupid. He still has it in him to be a very good player here, and its not out of the question for him to do so. There is plenty of time to let him earn his way. Remember Larry Johnson? 1st round pick, behind a superstar, MVP-type player who didn't appear to be slowing down. Went his entire rookie season without doing squat. Two-thirds of the way through his second year he still hadn't seen the field, and his HC was making diaper jokes about him. The, bam, Holmes goes down and LJ goes on a late season tear. The next season, there are still tons of questions about his maturity, future, and even--to a certain extent--ability. They share carries for half a season, with Holmes still being the #1 guy, and one nasty mid-season hit later, LJ is making history and dominating games. There is plenty of time. If Carp still hasn't make ANY noise at this time next year, I will begin to question the likelihood of him ever being a player in the NFL. Right now, all is well, imo.

I dont think its really all that complicated. He just isn't that good of a player. Although Lawson was raw and lanky, he should have been the pick. Look at what AJ hawk has done in the NFL already and think about that ohio state D. Carp probably got rated better than he actually was due to the fact that he was just a piece of that Ohio State D puzzel, and he didn't have a to carry a D. He just not as athletic as I would hope out of a first round pick. The worst part about it is that carpenter has probably peaked as far as physical ability goes and only has room to improve in the mental aspect of the game where as Lawson still has room to grow in both areas.

Carp=JAG... i wish he wasnt, but we're going to have to bite the bullet on him and spears and call them what they are, which is a poor first round pick
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy was fined $12,500 for his horse collar tackle on Desmond Clark.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another interesting tidbit...

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who is in the final year of his contract, also shot down a report on profootballtalk.com said Romo's agent, Tom Condon, is asking for more than $30 million in guaranteed money on a possible contract extension. Consider that Super Bowl MVP quarterback Peyton Manning secured $34.5 million guaranteed on his last contract three years ago.
"That's not true," Romo said of the supposed offer by Condon. "I don't know where that came from. But I will take it, though."
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-30-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Here are my guesses at today's gameballs:

-Patrick Crayton: a very solid performance, both receiving and on special teams

-Marc Colombo: held off the Rams best pass-rusher in Leonard Little all game long

-Demarcus Ware: absolutely phenomenal

-Greg Ellis: looked pretty darn good after not playing for 2 months
Old 09-30-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
-Marc Colombo: held off the Rams best pass-rusher in Leonard Little all game long
Minus one play where his shoe was off. lol.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Minus one play where his shoe was off. lol.
And then McQuistan shut him down. Who says we don't have our future starting tackle already on the roster. The kid still hasn't allowed a sack...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Cowboy Thoughts from Today (Season)

1) Romo looks like league MVP so far. (Still hate those back foot passes, skipped pass and INT as example from today.)
2) If we get Ellis and Tank here -- we may have a great pass rush.
3) Still not sold on our Run D. We have been ahead by so many point hard to eval too critically.
4) Our Kick-Off and Punt coverage has been a little weak. Today is showed
5) Pass Protection looks really good. Looks like the group is working well together as much as anything else.
6) TO hands still make me want to puke. He has like 5 or 6 drops this season.
7) Looks like our backup WR and TE are pretty good.
8) Our Opponents are a combined 3-13. So, still would like to see us tested.
9) 4-0 is fantastic given we are integrating a new coaching staff.
10) Think Jerrah will let Garrett be an HC if Wade wins the SB? Just a ??
11) Love McQuistan today. Sure looked pretty good vs the Murderer
12) MBIII really brings juice to this team.
13) Other than Game 1, looks like Roy Williams is being put in the LB/Rover role on pass downs. That is a good thing and credit Phillips for at least doing this.
14) Hamlin has really convinced me. I thought he would help but he is exceeding my expectations
15) Ratliff can play. Still think he is a DE.
16) Hope Henry and TNew actually play together this year.
17) Reeves is pretty good.
18) We will miss Fergie in close, cold weather games when we need some run stuffing. Hope Tank can plug that hole with Ratliff.

League Thoughts
1) New Orleans is not a surprise.
2) San Diego and Chicago are a surprise. Bye Bye Norv.
3) D. Bowe and S Rice are making impacts right now nice. Peterson rookie of the year. Minnesota best draft so far (I repeat myself). They need a QB though.
4) Giants are back. 2 straight wins in the division means something.
5) Philly is not that good without Westbrook. Winston Justice sent Osi Umenyiora to the Pro Bowl tonite.
6) Seattle and Greenbay look like the competition in the NFC. Seattle's D is playing much better this year. GB has a good D too.
7) Cleveland and Oakland are much better than expected.
8) Deadskins D is back. O still is disjointed.
9) New England is not that good. They can be phsyically beaten up on the O and D line.... just can't be down 24 points in the second quarter to them.
10) Colts are going to the SB again barring injury. D is much better.

Anyway............
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
4) Our Kick-Off and Punt coverage has been a little weak. Today is showed
Still having horrible flashbacks to the Washington game last year... Rocky "Im a big unit and not very fast" killing our Kick coverage.

Im not completely sold on this season yet though... 4-0. You cant ask for anything better... But the records of the opposing teams hasnt impressed me...
Old 09-30-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

If there is any game to worry about as a trap game, it is the one next week against the Bills, a team that has started to play better, and can be easily overlooked in favor of New England the week after.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob I have the same questions about Garrett and Jerrah, along with what will happen to Wade. I can say that Garrett has proved to me he can handle it if needed. It's not like we don't have an experienced OC on our staff if Garrett was to move up anyways.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Garrett is in an excellent situation...I think he'll be content w/ staying as the OC for the 3 years and take over when Big Wade's contract is up. I'm sure he knew what the situation was when he signed w/ us...he will be the future HC...I dont think he would turn his back on Jerry.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wonder if someone tries to snatch him up...if that is the case we'll have no choice but to let him go or make him the HC.

On another note....we redid Ellis's contract over the weekend I guess. Didn't get the dollar details but he will be a cowboy for awhile longer...which is good for us since our OLB depth is so terrible.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We added to the long list of injuries we are causing...

Issac Bruce
Raonall Smith
Leonard Little
Adam Goldberg
Corey Chavous

All were injured in the game. I've never seen anything like this.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Does anyone else realize since Newman has been back we've allowed one TD on defense.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We added to the long list of injuries we are causing...

Issac Bruce
Raonall Smith
Leonard Little
Adam Goldberg
Corey Chavous

All were injured in the game. I've never seen anything like this.
Our OL probably has a lot to do with how physical were playing. The talent on defense is just starting to show what it can do.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm leading the goofball column I write for the paper with Isaac Bruce's guarantee that blew up in his face.

I figured T.O. would give me a money quote if I asked him about said guarantee. And No. 81 delivered, dramatically staring into the cameras after my question and spitting out this gem.

"Roger Goodell, you might want to get him drug tested," T.O. said, "because I don't know what he was thinking about."
Source: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

AHAHAHAHAH!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote