Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Our OL probably has a lot to do with how physical were playing. The talent on defense is just starting to show what it can do.
1) I made a point of this to a friend this weekend .... we are leading the league in creating Defensive injuries. That is a good sign.

2) Garrett to stay for 3 years while Wade coaches? Unlikely if we are scoring 30 points a game. Just not happening unless Garrett is silly enough to pass a HC job. Sometimes you only get one shot.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Does anyone else realize since Newman has been back we've allowed one TD on defense.
Trent Green, Rex Grossman and Injured Bulger.

I keep saying let us not get carried away.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have played some terrible teams so far.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
...and we play another terrible one this weekend.

I'm calling it now. 14-2 season baby!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
No Joke they suck. 3-13 and with Buf 4-16.

Yuck.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First real test will be the Pats... not sure if I want to make a prediction on that one yet.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First real test will be the Pats... not sure if I want to make a prediction on that one yet.
Here's my prediction...

COWBOYS WIN!

COWBOYS WIN!

COWBOYS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Here's my prediction...

COWBOYS WIN!

COWBOYS WIN!

COWBOYS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!

If your right, and I hope you are, I'm booking me reservations to Arizona :)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
...and we play another terrible one this weekend.

I'm calling it now. 14-2 season baby!
Who are the two losses from? Pats and GB?
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Not sure I get the 98 pt typeface but my two cents on the Pats game in Dallas.... I think we have a chance to blow them out. I don't think they match up well with us.

1) I think that D Line and O Line is a little weak in New England. We can out pound them. This is where we can hurt them IMHO.

2) Offensively we need to force them into bring in the Safety into the Box and use our TEs 10-15 yards downfield early on. If they stay in the 2 Deep (Cover 2) shell it is just very hard to throw the ball to the WR.

3) Julius maybe a better option than Barber. Someone who gets up on the Safeties quickly if the Line opens a hole. Bigg v Adalius is key. Colombo can control Vrabel.

4) Defensively, we can over whelm their OL in the passing game. Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware and Ellis with Spencer should have a good day. That OL is pretty good but they seem to miss any outstanding talent. We need our Front 7 to "out athlete them."

5) Pray we get a lead because if they pound the rock inside on Ratliff and Remi that could be a big problem. Maroney should be there and Sammie Morris ain't chop liver.

6) If our Front Seven can control the run early we should frequently play 3 Safeties. Cover 1 with Watkins or Hamlin shading over Moss. Use Roy as a LB / Rover keying on the RB. Get Burnett over Watson. Carpenter, Bradie and Ayodele rotating in and out and fresh to either blitz of play zone. Mix in zone and man.

Final Score 35-21 Cowboys.

I just don't think they are that good offensively. It looks to me like their O is about getting Brady just enuff time to throw the rock to Randy. You can disrupt Brady with pressure (duh) and you can stop Randy by pounding him early.

The other guys don't scare me unless Roy Williams is covering them.

(** Oh Bills ..... 28 - 7)
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Not sure I get the 98 pt typeface but my two cents on the Pats game in Dallas.... I think we have a chance to blow them out. I don't think they match up well with us.

1) I think that D Line and O Line is a little weak in New England. We can out pound them. This is where we can hurt them IMHO.

2) Offensively we need to force them into bring in the Safety into the Box and use our TEs 10-15 yards downfield early on. If they stay in the 2 Deep (Cover 2) shell it is just very hard to throw the ball to the WR.

3) Julius maybe a better option than Barber. Someone who gets up on the Safeties quickly if the Line opens a hole. Bigg v Adalius is key. Colombo can control Vrabel.

4) Defensively, we can over whelm their OL in the passing game. Ratliff, Hatcher, Ware and Ellis with Spencer should have a good day. That OL is pretty good but they seem to miss any outstanding talent. We need our Front 7 to "out athlete them."

5) Pray we get a lead because if they pound the rock inside on Ratliff and Remi that could be a big problem. Maroney should be there and Sammie Morris ain't chop liver.

6) If our Front Seven can control the run early we should frequently play 3 Safeties. Cover 1 with Watkins or Hamlin shading over Moss. Use Roy as a LB / Rover keying on the RB. Get Burnett over Watson. Carpenter, Bradie and Ayodele rotating in and out and fresh to either blitz of play zone. Mix in zone and man.

Final Score 35-21 Cowboys.

I just don't think they are that good offensively. It looks to me like their O is about getting Brady just enuff time to throw the rock to Randy. You can disrupt Brady with pressure (duh) and you can stop Randy by pounding him early.

The other guys don't scare me unless Roy Williams is covering them.

(** Oh Bills ..... 28 - 7)
For us to win, I think Newman has to completely shadow Moss all game. None of that "shifting Newman to the slot" BS (unless Moss is there). I do think their O-line is pretty good. We also have to play a more balanced game-- running and passing. Can't expect to throw down-field all the time on these guys, cause they will be expecting it and probably scheme against it. Must disguise our blitzes better and fake some blitzes as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
For us to win, I think Newman has to completely shadow Moss all game. None of that "shifting Newman to the slot" BS (unless Moss is there). I do think their O-line is pretty good. We also have to play a more balanced game-- running and passing. Can't expect to throw down-field all the time on these guys, cause they will be expecting it and probably scheme against it. Must disguise our blitzes better and fake some blitzes as well.
Don't get me wrong, NE's O Line and D Line are very good. They are a great TEAM but watching last night, the Jets game and last year's two play off games -- they can be out physical"ed" on the D and out talent"ed" on the O. We happen to have a very physical O line and plenty of atheltes in the Front 7 D. I just think we match up well.

Newman can not cover Moss. We need to double him all game and absolutely aim to destroy him physically everytime he catches the ball. We need the corner to stay close, play the ball and if caught hold Randy up for a big shot.

Moss can not take punishment. He starts pulling off his routes. Just hit him as hard as you can a few times and take the penalties if need be.

Welker, Faulk, Stallworth are good players but I just have to assume we can check them as long as we don't put Roy in coverage down field.

If we get down 14 however, we are in trouble. New England plays great team coverage and has a good pass rush.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on hitting Moss, I think if Hamlin and Roy take some shots on him across the middle he will think twice, Im not sure T New can guard him man to man all game, but im also not sure Randy will murder him either, but its still alot smarter to have T New shadow him with safety help over top, makes him be able to play more aggressive...

Im probably more worried about Welker then anyone, he is in the slot, not like our 3rd db is anything to brag about(reeves right?), and they can spread the field on us with their starting 3 wrs very very fast...

But with that being said, its not really a bad matchup putting Henry on Moss, because T New seems like he would match up better with stallworth, maybe its just me but it seems like a better fit for us that way, stallworth could just as easily burn Henry if he got him in single coverage, id rather Henry get physical with Moss and have Newman lock down stallworth in man to man, Henry can get help over top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry is having a fine season but, i dont want him lining up against Moss. Moss would torch him all day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Henry is having a fine season but, i dont want him lining up against Moss. Moss would torch him all day.
not if he had safety help over top each play, thats what i meant...if we plan on doubling Moss id almost rather put henry on him and leave Newman on an island with stallworth, because watching him for the eagles last year he could easily burn Henry just the same on a double move, and he's looking like hes healthy out there finally...he's just as fast as Moss is, if not faster at this point

Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
not if he had safety help over top each play, thats what i meant...if we plan on doubling Moss id almost rather put henry on him and leave Newman on an island with stallworth, because watching him for the eagles last year he could easily burn Henry just the same on a double move, and he's looking like hes healthy out there finally...he's just as fast as Moss is, if not faster at this point
who are you saying is as fast as Moss?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
who are you saying is as fast as Moss?

dante stallworth

Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

K, that's what I thought...at first i thought you meant Henry...lol.

Anyway imo...we're going to be screwed no matter what we do. I don't see anyway Anthony Henry could cover Moss and constant double coverage is not an option because, they have tons of weapons. You just need to stick T-New on him and hope for the best, he has to follow him all over the field...be his shadow...where Moss goes, T-New goes. We're really going to need the best out of our pass rush because, stopping Moss is a near impossible task...our secondary is going to need all the help it could get.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
K, that's what I thought...at first i thought you meant Henry...lol.

Anyway imo...we're going to be screwed no matter what we do. I don't see anyway Anthony Henry could cover Moss and constant double coverage is not an option because, they have tons of weapons. You just need to stick T-New on him and hope for the best, he has to follow him all over the field...be his shadow...where Moss goes, T-New goes. We're really going to need the best out of our pass rush because, stopping Moss is a near impossible task...our secondary is going to need all the help it could get.
It will take some unique scheming to beat them on defense. Stallworth is also due for a breakout game.

At any rate, I think we should focus our energy on the Bills. This is a team on offense that has some weapons. Lynch is really starting to become a versatile threat.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just gonna add to my previous post...Henry might not even be able to go next week. Big Wade doesnt seem too confident at this point...Hopefully, it's minor but, there has been talk from him being questionable for this week to possibly missing 2-4 weeks. Let's hope Henry heals up fast...Jacque is def. improving but, we need our top guys on the field when we play the Pats.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

I am so not worried about Reeves with Welker. I am not worried about Stallworth. I worry about Roy in coverage -- even covering Vrabel.

But on the Pats .....

Brady is locking into Randy onto the shorter drops when looking middle-deep. Take away Randy with a double, make Brady go through his reads, hit him quick and watch a repeat of the SD game in the playoffs.

The weakness we need to exploit is the under-athletic O Line with our over athletic D Line and LBers. We should get there in 2-3 seconds every time.

We can't cover their receivers but only 1 guy has time to go deep and be thrown too if the QB has 2-3 seconds (Moss). 5 seconds another story -- Welker, the TE and Stallworth can exploit us deep if Brady has time.

Just a function of size and speed. Takes time to see smaller guys deep.

If Moss is being doubled Brady needs to move his eyes around, if he only has 2-3 seconds, he will be mostly throwing underneath with 3-5 step drops. He won't have confidence in Stallworth or Welker on a 7 step drop because the deep read takes more time.

I don't think I am explaining myself well. So let me stop ....

Point is get pressure, double Randy over the top, force the ball short, Stallworth and Welker can not burn you deep with 2-3 seconds, Brady won't find them, Brady can only find Randy for a big shot within the 2-3 sec window, then make sure we minimize RAC with Cover 1 or Cover 2.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Don't get me wrong, NE's O Line and D Line are very good. They are a great TEAM but watching last night, the Jets game and last year's two play off games -- they can be out physical"ed" on the D and out talent"ed" on the O. We happen to have a very physical O line and plenty of atheltes in the Front 7 D. I just think we match up well.

Newman can not cover Moss. We need to double him all game and absolutely aim to destroy him physically everytime he catches the ball. We need the corner to stay close, play the ball and if caught hold Randy up for a big shot.

Moss can not take punishment. He starts pulling off his routes. Just hit him as hard as you can a few times and take the penalties if need be.

Welker, Faulk, Stallworth are good players but I just have to assume we can check them as long as we don't put Roy in coverage down field.

If we get down 14 however, we are in trouble. New England plays great team coverage and has a good pass rush.
Yes, I don't think Newman will shut him down. But I think Newman won't give up the big play for a TD. Ive seen Newman chase down Moss before, even while Moss was ~5 yards ahead (Raiders game a couple years ago). We can't let Moss spread that field. Incorporating some double teams is a good idea. Being physical with him is a must. Cant allow him to get clean breaks off the line of scrimmage; he doesn't like that. He doesn't like going down the middle either, but we all know he is very very capable of doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin threw him a couple of cheap shots or hard hits just to try and break him down mentally. I do agree with Brady looking to find him almost every play. Moss gets a ton of looks. We have to be disruptive and mess up that timing/chemistry. I don't want Reeves on him because of that cushion he gives. I know Henry doesn't have the recovery speed needed to play against Moss. I know Reeves is just too inexperienced right now and probably doesn't have the awareness required. Reeves had a good game last week, but Moss is just too much for him. Reeves giving him 10 yard cushions will kill us. Newman still seems like the best bet with some safety help over top.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Newman has never been able to cover Moss.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Newman has never been able to cover Moss.
No one else on our team can cover him either. Guy's just a freak.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Well, for us, New England loss should still leave us 5-1 going into the NFC schedule.

This is where it really beings for us IMHO.