Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
We'd have to be insane to trade away Romo.

I'd ask for 4 First-rounders and a serviceable quarterback.
Fixed it for you.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy if we replaced Romo with Colt Brennan. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
YES YES YES... Colt Brennan will be a GOD!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Andre Ware II?

OMG.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Nope. Don't replace a proven guy with a maybe.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a little carried away lsu...i was actually temped to delete it because it kind of scares me.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

That picture is guh-hay. He looks like Alex Rodriguez.

Plus it screws up my screen. Delet that cr*p.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know! He sooo looks like A-Rod!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit, Miles pic. lol

Spirited Practice
Playing on the road for the third time in four weeks, the Cowboys again practiced in their indoor facility,
better enabling them to simulate crowd noise with the use of loud speakers to prepare for Monday night's
atmosphere at an expected rowdy Ralph Wilson Stadium.
But since the speakers were already in place, the Cowboys decided to put them to use during the stretching portion of practice.
Phillips allowed a few songs to be played over the speakers, including a song by rapper Soulja Boy, which has been somewhat of a
theme for the defensive players. Several players, from Terrell Owens to Marcus Spears to Terence Newman, were dancing their way
through strength coach Joe Juraszek's intense stretching routine. And even Phillips had some fun, showing off a few dance moves,
though it was more in a joking manner. When asked after his press conference about having some fun during practice, Phillips said
Soulja Boy wasn't one of his favorites. "I'm more of a West Coast Rap kind of guy," he said. It was just another example of Phillips
having some fun as he prepares for this week's game, one that will actually be played on the East Coast.

I love our team...haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I wish the game was tomorrow. I hate waiting untill Monday night for the game.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that Austin pic was so close it was a little wierd and awkward to look at it lol....

anyway I heard something about us signing another db to the squad, Michael Hawkins who was previously cut from Minnesota...He was the top rated CB in Texas in the 2002 class and had offers from everywhere but signed with OU, made some great plays as a freshman, ran a int back for a td and was kicked off the team...He made the roster for the Dallas Desperados and played for 2 years and was taken in the 5th rd by Green Bay, thats considerably high for someone with not much college film...

Either way nothing set in stone, but it be a nice future signing, he's a big physical guy with long arms at 6'1 190, and ran a 4.2, and the only thing thats held him back have been injuries...but only being 23, id love to bring in a young, big phyiscal corner with experience and potential, especially for the league minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I wish the game was tomorrow. I hate waiting untill Monday night for the game.
I hear that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

OT: From Yesterday

1) Gresham and Kelley are so good at OU.
2) Is Loadholt (Boatload) the LT from OK better than Long right now??
3) Sorry, Dorsey is over rated.
4) Why does John David Booty play like 5th rounder but look and throw like a first? Guy look like Aikman/Palmer ... same motion, etc
5) Tim Tebow will never make the NFL as QB unless he learns how to pass the ball properly fromt the pocket -- this includes learing basic footwork. (** how does this kid get out of High School so poorly trained and so highly recruited? How does Urban M allow this to continue? God he is yuck in the pocket **)
6) I would not take any LB early in the draft except Selvie. 3rd year soph so he may declare.
7) Luv the UoSF Corners.
8) Fact Arkansas is not as good is hurting DMac and maybe helping us should we want him. Same for Slaton.
9) Thoughts on K Lardimore and Mendenhall from Maryland and Illinois respectively?
10) R Smith from OK looked pretty good to me yesterday.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
OT: From Yesterday

1) Gresham and Kelley are so good at OU.
2) Is Loadholt (Boatload) the LT from OK better than Long right now??
3) Sorry, Dorsey is over rated.
4) Why does John David Booty play like 5th rounder but look and throw like a first? Guy look like Aikman/Palmer ... same motion, etc
5) Tim Tebow will never make the NFL as QB unless he learns how to pass the ball properly fromt the pocket -- this includes learing basic footwork. (** how does this kid get out of High School so poorly trained and so highly recruited? How does Urban M allow this to continue? God he is yuck in the pocket **)
6) I would not take any LB early in the draft except Selvie. 3rd year soph so he may declare.
7) Luv the UoSF Corners.
8) Fact Arkansas is not as good is hurting DMac and maybe helping us should we want him. Same for Slaton.
9) Thoughts on K Lardimore and Mendenhall from Maryland and Illinois respectively?
10) R Smith from OK looked pretty good to me yesterday.

1. Kelly will come out this year and be a 1st rounder. Gresham is a true soph.
2. Loadhold is very good. J.C. transfer. Getting better and better.
10. Reggie had a pretty good day yesterday but still gave up some plays.
Just a Oklahoma perspective. Oh, and can somebody delete the big azz pic.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

R Smith played pretty good given what he was asked to do and versus whom.

That OK O team is going to have a few day 1 picks.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Not that im upset with anthony spencer, and not that we had a chance anyways, but I remember a bunch of you on this board telling me Aaron Ross was going to suck and I was out of my mind. Well he we a beast yesterday and BBD said hes been great all season. DROY candidate is what they are saying. Would be nice to have him right now, but we really did luck out with spencer being able to fill in for ellis so im happy.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I was also high on Ross...but if it makes you feel any better we would have had to move up to get him..it's not like we passed on him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's one game, you cannot really say Ross would've been better yet. Even though right now we could've used a CB more than an OLB. Spencer has started to play nicely.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't even want to think who the other OLB would be at this point if we didn't draft spencer. Glymph boy of boy.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't even want to think who the other OLB would be at this point if we didn't draft spencer. Glymph boy of boy.
Bobby Carpenter. We should consider trading him. He's a helluva player, and he would excel elsewhere, no doubt in my mind, but it doesn't seem like he's a fit for the Phillips 3-4.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a bust. I just think he's playing for the wrong team.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I agree on the Carp situation...but we all know we don't want to get that arguement up and going again.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we can get a 2nd rounder, I say keep him.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
doesn't seem like he's a fit for the Phillips 3-4.
based on what?
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
based on what?
He's slow and doesn't have the athleticism required to play in this defense. Probably play better in a tampa 2 in the roll of a hunter hillenmeier (sp?) or just a base 4-3 OLB... I dont know but IMO he is better suited for those types of teams.

About Ross, like I said im happy with spencer and we needed spencer more than we needed Ross to start the season. I just hope we can get a corner with good ball skills in this draft.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
based on what?
Based off BP drafting him as an OLB to play opposite of Ware and Phillips drafting an OLB (Spencer) to play opposite of Ware. LOL.