Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looking at the games ahead

@ NY Giants
New Orleans Saints
@ Atlanta
Philadelphia
Detroit
---------------

I would take us VS. the Giants and then either one or the other between the Saints and Falcons, and then I say we win two in a row at season's end making our record 11-5.....
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan

@ NY Giants
New Orleans Saints
@ Atlanta
Philadelphia
Detroit
---------------

I would take us VS. the Giants and then either one or the other between the Saints and Falcons, and then I say we win two in a row at season's end making our record 11-5.....
i personally think we go 12-4... the giants are beat up, the saints have no defense, atlanta is a wreck (all the criticism is starting to get to vick), philly cant tackle if their lives depended on it and detroit... well its detroit.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:

@ NY Giants
New Orleans Saints
@ Atlanta
Philadelphia
Detroit
---------------

i personally think we go 12-4... the giants are beat up, the saints have no defense, atlanta is a wreck (all the criticism is starting to get to vick), philly cant tackle if their lives depended on it and detroit... well its detroit.
I think you'll go 3-2 in those 5 games personally, possibly 4-1. New Orleans will be tough, as will Atlanta and NY on the road. Not un-winnable games but they'll be tough to win.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:

@ NY Giants
New Orleans Saints
@ Atlanta
Philadelphia
Detroit
---------------

I also think we have a good chance to go undefeated the rest of the regular season I just don't know how likely it is. I just want to beat New York right now.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Mitch

I'd be very happy with 4-1 the rest of the way and a 1st round bye.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young has my babies. He's once again a Texas' hero :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

In my mind, here are the chances we win each of our remaining 5 games:

-Giants: 40%. You can expect the Giants to come out hard, fighting for their playoff lives at home. With the possible return of Osi and Strahan, I think we could have some trouble handling the G-Men. But of all our remaining games, this is a must-win.

-Saints: 60%. We had their number in preseason, and we should again here.

-Falcons: 60%. The Falcons are fading. FAST.

-Philadelphia: 55%. You know that Philly will come out playing for pride, especially against a division rival.

-Detroit: 90%. Detroit will be TRYING to lose out...

That would give us 3 wins, putting us at 10-6, which should definitely make the playoffs.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sat next to a Giants fan for the whole 4th quarter of yesterday and it was quite a sight. As for next weeks game I think all we have to do is shutdown Jacobs and Barber and make Eli try to beat us. The Giants are really in disarray after yesterday's loss; especially on a player to coach level. I can tell the comments made by Coughlin after the game yesterday will definetly shake up that locker room. I mean Shockey ALREADY wants his coach's head on a platter. And after Coughlin publicly calling into question the thought process of his QB, (not that it wasnt an ill advised throw; but you talk to Eli about it, not the media) he is not one of Eli's closest companions either. Coughlin is doing his best to segregate himself from his players like usual. As far as the rest of the games, 11-5 is definetly a realistic goal. Our defense, just as our QB, has been on fire and they need to stay that way for the remainder of the season.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the season for the Giants. As weird as it sounds, I think if we win we are 1st again in the division? I don't know, don't quote me on that.

But its clear we're struggling right now. I think we're very close to anarchy in the lockerroom, and this game will be a good indicator of the character of our players and coaches. This is pretty much a must win for us.

Id say a must win for you guys too. I know its on the road, but the way we're reelling right now, theres no excuse to come to our house and lay an egg. The Cowboys confidence is at an all time high, and we're on our heels, so for the Cowboys this is the perfect oppurtunity to run away with the division.

I reserve judgement on the game until I find out whos playing. Short, Osi, Strahan, Madison, Emmons are all ?s for the game on defense.

And on offense, we still haven't given Whitfield any help on the blindside (horrible coaching) so Ware could feast on Eli if we continue to not make adjustments.

Quite simply, defensively you guys gotta stop our run game, offensively, we gotta wait and see who plays on our defense. Right now Dallas is clearly the favorite.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Romostud is playing on a Godlike Level. I've got myself a mancrush.

:D
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

As expected the Dec 10 game against New Orleans has been moved to NBC primetime 7:15 per dallasnews.com/ the DMN.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our chances, both in this upcoming game and in the remainder of the season. It is absolutely possible for us to run the table with the way the teams on our schedule are playing.

However, just as I cautioned myself and my fellow Cowboy fans not to get too low after the Giants and Redskin losses, we can't get too high right now, either. All it would take would be one big injury, a couple of turnovers or a player not preparing his best to cost us this upcoming game in disastrous fashion, and then next week everything would look different then it does now. All I can say is that we should enjoy our time on top right now, and hope for the best in the future. There is no need or call to go about boasting and strutting. Things are looking completely the opposite now of how they looked after the week 7 loss to the G-men, and they can flip back around just as quickly. Still,...I like our chances. Let's leave it at that for now.

A couple thoughts:

- I'm getting sick of us just lying back and playing ultra-conservative against bad teams. I mean, in games against the Cards, the Bucs, the Texans and the Titans - bad teams with bad protection and young, easily confused QBs - we have generated a total of 3 sacks. THREE SACKS! And it's all because we sit back in coverage and wait for them to make big time mistakes. I completely understand that it is the smart way to play the percentages, but it cost us 4 or 5 big plays, and we haven't had a lot of plays going the other way to counteract that. In contrast, our best pressure games have come against Washington (1st game), Indy, Philly and Carolina. All teams with good to great protection (Washington and Indy are 3rd and 1st in sacks allowed) and veteran QBs who know where to go with the ball and usually understand where the pressure is coming from. It might be the "high percentage" thing to do, but it doesn't generate huge plays defensively and it allows for the occasional breakdown in the secondary. It sucks.

- I am psyched that we were able to get JJ through the game with only 11 touches. That is something that Parcells has been very open about over the last two weeks - keeping some "gas in the tank" for the stretch run. I expect Julius to have at least one or two of his signature blow-up games in this 5-game stretch, and Barber should see a bit smaller work-load.

- At some point, I will be forced to believe in Romo, but right now I'm still in the denial stage. I mean, how often do you see a Cinderella story like that? QB is the single hardest position in this league to fill effectively over a long period of time. At any given time, there are usually only 8-10 teams that are secure in knowing their QB will be there performing at a high level for the next 6-10 years, and that knowledge almost always comes at the price of an extremely high pick + at least a year or two of development in which the team flounders. To have an undrafted guy who comes in without ever playing and immediately lifts the entire team is something that is nearly unheard of. I need to see it for at least a full year before I start believing his is a top-tier guy for years to come. It sure is hard holding back, though.

- Hatcher may end up being one of the 2 or 3 biggest steals of the entire draft. This guy is developing into a real pressure player, while still being big enough to anchor vs. the run and fast enough to string a play out. It's early, but he could end up being Parcells' best draft choice when everything is said and done.

- At some point in time, Parcells is going to have to go to Watkins as the guy at FS. Davis just does not see the field well enough, and has no recovery speed when he gets behind someone. Will we ever figure that spot out?

- Did you guys hear Aikman giving Newman some love? He said "some would argue that this guy is the best corner in the entire league". It's that kind of exposure that a CB needs to get his due, since Newman will never promote himself. Still, his play continues to show that he is a premiere player at his position. Once again, Galloway did nothing on the left side of our defense. Can't really say anything more.

- Can you believe that they called that Ayodele Int as incomplete? That was a hugely blown call, and our replay system deserves major props for correcting mistakes like that. It wasn't even close.

- The one concern that I came away with is our run defense. This unit has been playing subpar for the last two weeks, against two mediocre running teams. I'm wondering if we should be concerned, or if this is just a blip on the radar. I know the numbers aren't shockingly big, but imagine what a truly good running team like the Giants, Charger or Chiefs would do. I hope Parcells works on it big-time this week.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DMW, I don't really understand your frustration with playing it conservative against bad teams. Isn't it a good idea to save your good packages and good plays for when you need them instead of wasting them. The only real negative is not getting guys to the Pro Bowl and such, but that stuff takes care of itself when you're winning. People may tell you that Ware isn't good because he doesn't get enough sacks or Newman doesn't get enough INTs, but it doesn't matter as long as your team is winning.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
DMW, I don't really understand your frustration with playing it conservative against bad teams. Isn't it a good idea to save your good packages and good plays for when you need them instead of wasting them. The only real negative is not getting guys to the Pro Bowl and such, but that stuff takes care of itself when you're winning. People may tell you that Ware isn't good because he doesn't get enough sacks or Newman doesn't get enough INTs, but it doesn't matter as long as your team is winning.
Bingo Bango Jango.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quite simply this: being a fan a lot of times is about bragging rights. For the team, it might be the smart thing to do, but for the fans it sucks. It doesn't make the players any better or worse to do it that way, but it sure makes it easier when you're in an argument with a division rivals' fans and you need concrete evidence to back it up. Plus, I still think we win all those games against the Texans, Titans, Cards and Bucs even if we go crazy with blitzing, stunting and anything else we can throw at them. In fact, we probably win by even greater margins, unless some hack like Gradkowski or Carr can beat us multiple times without having the corresponding bad plays. It's just boring.

We could and should have had 5+ sacks in each of those games, instead we get to watch us rush 3 or 4 guys per play and a lot of incomplete or underneath passes, with the occassional big play after our rush doesn't get the QB and he runs around til our coverage breaks down.

I just don't like watching it, that's all. Of course, if I have to choose between stats and wins, it's no contest. But it sure would be nice to see one of those 7 sacks, 4 Ints, 2 FF kind of games that come from being aggressive. That's all.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

So who is going to be the new Cowboys kicker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Mason Crosby.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

According to Adam Schefter we have cut Vanderclank and signed Martin Gramatica. As much as I hated Vanderclank im not sure Gramtica is really any better.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For next year?

Hopefully Josh Brown, Josh Scobee or Mason Crosby
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Mason Crosby.
I'm talking about this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
According to Adam Schefter we have cut Vanderclank and signed Martin Gramatica. As much as I hated Vanderclank im not sure Gramtica is really any better.
You have a link?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
You have a link?
No but it's on the news ticker on NFL network.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Hmmm... I don't how to feel. We'll see how he kicks this coming week.

again I ask where is Billy Cundiff?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...I think BP pulled the trigger a little too quickly on this one. But then again, only the team knows what goes on in practice.

Thats a big hit financially, and they wouldn't do it unless he was at a point of no return most likely. Not going after Vinatieri hurts now for you guys.

I never thought he was good. I always said he sucks. Even in Indy, prior to last season I thought so. Hes never hit a clutch kick his entire career.

Having that said...I wish he was still on your team.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Ed Werder is also reporting Vanderclank being cut on ESPNews.

At least Gramtica should be a lot better on kicoffs right?