Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,018
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Yeah, Flozell has been solid the past two games. His ass is gonna get tested this Sunday though. I think Belicheck is going to push him all game.
The right side of the Patriots defense is what is going to be exploited by us. Flozell should have a great game.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Siberia
Posts: 8,041
Reputation: 2272
JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Well after so many staff members quit/took buyouts/got fired, you'd think they would have some salary to hire new faces. This one looks like a keeper.
Albert Breer has really impressed me so far. Kind of reminds me of an older me...he is just as knowledgeable and unbiased and good-looking. And he used to live in Boston. Maybe he actually is me 5 years into the future.

On the Carpenter subject:

-Clearly our linebacking corps is talented. We've got 4 former first-round picks, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd (who was also a major free-agent signing), and a 4th (another big contract). Given the amount of talent that's already there, it doesn't totally surprise me that Carpenter isn't getting a lot of time.

-He has switched positions. A lot. He bounced back and forth between OLB and ILB last year. He's had to back up Spencer a bunch this year because of Ellis' injury. His versatility really is a big value to this team.

-Because of his position switches, it probably has taken him a little while longer to adjust. He's a very talented player, both athletically and mentally, but he does probably need more live snaps to get used to the NFL and be able to adapt. He really hasn't had that many at ILB.

In conclusion, I think that Carpenter will only get better with time. As we give him more snaps, he will begin to play a larger role in the defense, and he will progress as a player.
__________________
JJJ888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,018
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I ran across a nick name for Julius Jones today that I found funny. I will also be using this name for the rest of the season.

Julia Jones


hardy har har lol lewls sorry just had to get that out.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Uh, the facts are that Carpenter is obviously a physical specimen. People say he's slow because......actually, I don't know why they say he's slow. He has always looked fast to me, and I have seen him keeping pace in the open field with DBs and WRs in the past.

But Parcells doesn't slobber over his draft picks just to make himself look good. He never has and never will. If the guy he drafted is trash (Jacob Rogers, anyone?) then he simply refuses to comment on that player, or says something like "he's a young guy, we'll see". You shouldn't take shots at a HOF coach who did ass-loads to turn your favorite team around just because his opinion goes a long way in making you look stupid.

Carpenter is still a really good prospect. In the end, he just might be one of those cases where the end result is not consistent with the sum of his parts. But that won't change the fact that he has tremendous measurables, good football IQ, and works hard. That is true, and always will be. Stop hating.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
Parcells said that before Carp had even entered his first training camp, and you think he drafts Carp if he didn't like his physical abilities?

You don't think Spears is great physically? If you do realize how great he is physically why would you compare them? You are trying to argue Carp isn't physically capable, not if he can play right now. I never said Carp can play right now, I said he is a great athlete. Nevermind that Spears isn't even comparable based on play, because they are completely different situations, we don't see enough of Carp to form an educated opinion.

Anyways I am done, you have zero going for yourself here. I was hoping you could at least make some good points and have something to back it up. "Because I think so" doesn't prove a point.
I dont care what they look like, how much they can bench press, or how fast they are? Can they play football is all im worried about.

or would you rather rate players with the Achilles technique and go off of mesurables?

I did make good points, carp sucks when he is in the game (proven), maybe its because he doesn't process things quick enough(probably and has been noted), i dont know?

But instead of saying IF carp can process stuff quicker and IF carp gets more PT, why dont we take a look at what IS. Because IF I was 6'4'' and IF I ran a 4.6 40 and IF I was a half decent player, I too would probably get drafted into the NFL. But im not. Carp shouldn't be discussed with all these IF's, lets discuss what he IS.

What IS - He cant play. He gets no PT because he cant play. The second she got drafted, all of his draft status mesurables stuff went out of the window and it became time to step up. He hasn't and he wont. He,s hidden on this bench and barring injury he wont see any significant time.

Remember i called carp a bust. You will see who's right and who is wrong. BUST.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Uh, the facts are that Carpenter is obviously a physical specimen. People say he's slow because......actually, I don't know why they say he's slow. He has always looked fast to me, and I have seen him keeping pace in the open field with DBs and WRs in the past.

But Parcells doesn't slobber over his draft picks just to make himself look good. He never has and never will. If the guy he drafted is trash (Jacob Rogers, anyone?) then he simply refuses to comment on that player, or says something like "he's a young guy, we'll see". You shouldn't take shots at a HOF coach who did ass-loads to turn your favorite team around just because his opinion goes a long way in making you look stupid.

Carpenter is still a really good prospect. In the end, he just might be one of those cases where the end result is not consistent with the sum of his parts. But that won't change the fact that he has tremendous measurables, good football IQ, and works hard. That is true, and always will be. Stop hating.

Never took a shot at Parcells but thanks for twisting my words. I was actually one of the Parcells supporters and still think he is greatly responsible for alot of out success this year.

Not hating on carp either, just stating some truths.

All you homers need to open your eyes. they dont all work out, you win some and you lose some and carp is a loser that we lost on.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I dont care what they look like, how much they can bench press, or how fast they are? Can they play football is all im worried about.

or would you rather rate players with the Achilles technique and go off of mesurables?

I did make good points, carp sucks when he is in the game (proven), maybe its because he doesn't process things quick enough(probably and has been noted), i dont know?

But instead of saying IF carp can process stuff quicker and IF carp gets more PT, why dont we take a look at what IS. Because IF I was 6'4'' and IF I ran a 4.6 40 and IF I was a half decent player, I too would probably get drafted into the NFL. But im not. Carp shouldn't be discussed with all these IF's, lets discuss what he IS.

What IS - He cant play. He gets no PT because he cant play. The second she got drafted, all of his draft status mesurables stuff went out of the window and it became time to step up. He hasn't and he wont. He,s hidden on this bench and barring injury he wont see any significant time.

Remember i called carp a bust. You will see who's right and who is wrong. BUST.
You couldn't prove your point so you switched to something completely different. Congratulations on looking like a complete idiot.

I was not the one that said physically abilities define the player, YOU DID. You said he could not play, because you physically was not gifted enough. I questioned that, because there is nothing to support that, everything leans the other way. You have provided ZERO to back your claim that he is a below average athlete. I have not once said that because he is a good athlete, that it makes (or will make) him a good player. All I have claimed is that he will NOT be limited in what he can be because of physical ability. YOU wanted a reason why he could be a good athlete and still under perform, and I gave you two.

Maybe with things standing out more you can actually process the information. What you have said will always be there, you can't pretend you didn't say it once somebody presents a strong argument against it.

You either need to swallow your pride and admit you are wrong, or actually provide support as to why you think he is below average physically. Everybody here can see past your childish misconstruing words tactics. This is why many of the guys that have been around for a while think this board is going down hill. If you make a claim be willing to back it up.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
You couldn't prove your point so you switched to something completely different. Congratulations on looking like a complete idiot.

I was not the one that said physically abilities define the player, YOU DID. You said he could not play, because you physically was not gifted enough. I questioned that, because there is nothing to support that, everything leans the other way. You have provided ZERO to back your claim that he is a below average athlete. I have not once said that because he is a good athlete, that it makes (or will make) him a good player. All I have claimed is that he will NOT be limited in what he can be because of physical ability. YOU wanted a reason why he could be a good athlete and still under perform, and I gave you two.

Maybe with things standing out more you can actually process the information. What you have said will always be there, you can't pretend you didn't say it once somebody presents a strong argument against it.

You either need to swallow your pride and admit you are wrong, or actually provide support as to why you think he is below average physically. Everybody here can see past your childish misconstruing words tactics. This is why many of the guys that have been around for a while think this board is going down hill. If you make a claim be willing to back it up.
He doesn't have the strength or quickness to shed blockers.
Doesn't have the quickness to get to the quaterback. Doesn't take good angles and lacks quickness to get to the ball. Doesn't have the tools to make it in the league. Physically or mentally. He just isn't as athletic as any of the other linebackers on the team. I hate to turn it into this but he white, and if you look around the league, you've got to be pretty special (Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, maybe AJ Hawk) if you want succeed. Carp is nothing like them, and he wont be.

Also I never said mesurable's make or break and athlete, in fact I have repetedly said the opposite. He is slow on the field, and he is weak on the field, so I dont care what he does off the field.

Like i said --BUST. We'll see who the idiot is by this time next year. You'll see he is a loser, nothing more than ryan fowler, rocky boimen, scott shanle or any other mediocre LB we've had... Surprisingly, those guys actually managed to get some PT
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,771
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Carp talk is irritating. As long as he's a Cowboy, I will cheer and hope for the best for him. I did it for Bradie James and he's come around.

People just love to overreact because he was a first round selection and they have every right to be upset. Unfortunately life is not perfect and no GM/HC in the history of the NFL ever was. Sometimes fans can be brutally unforgiving and I usually notice that the ones who are don't like to look at the whole picture. They just see what they want to see.

Carp is a good player. I don't think he's a bad player at all. There's no room for him to get more playing time, but that's the breaks. Put him on the Chicago Bears and all of a sudden people are calling the Bears geniuses.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,913
Reputation: 2009538
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I hate to turn it into this but he white, and if you look around the league, you've got to be pretty special (Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, maybe AJ Hawk) if you want succeed. Carp is nothing like them, and he wont be.
that pretty much lost all credibility in your argument right there, the little that was left anyway...I know your not telling me that if your white you have less of a chance to suceed? And I really dont know what makes you believe that he's not physically gifted, but whatever, some of these arguments around here get pretty old after awhile
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He doesn't have the strength or quickness to shed blockers.
Doesn't have the quickness to get to the quaterback. Doesn't take good angles and lacks quickness to get to the ball. Doesn't have the tools to make it in the league. Physically or mentally. He just isn't as athletic as any of the other linebackers on the team. I hate to turn it into this but he white, and if you look around the league, you've got to be pretty special (Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, maybe AJ Hawk) if you want succeed. Carp is nothing like them, and he wont be.

Also I never said mesurable's make or break and athlete, in fact I have repetedly said the opposite. He is slow on the field, and he is weak on the field, so I dont care what he does off the field.

Like i said --BUST. We'll see who the idiot is by this time next year. You'll see he is a loser, nothing more than ryan fowler, rocky boimen, scott shanle or any other mediocre LB we've had... Surprisingly, those guys actually managed to get some PT
you still haven't provided anything to support your argument, just an opinion. I never questioned you saying he won't turn out. I questioned why you said he wont.

Where did I say he would turn out? If I didn't say he would turn out (which I didn't), how am I proven wrong if he doesn't turn out to be a good player?

You can't even digest simple conversation, why are you on a discussion board?

Anybody care to provide this young man with the Parcells quote about knowledge dictating in game speed? I can't think of the exact wording.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,980
Reputation: 1614695
Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Did he really pull out the "White man can't jump" card?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

found it- "Knowledge is confidence. And confidence lets you play fast."
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I agree with Burns in that I hoped he would be on the field.

I disagree with Burns on his athletics. In fact, he is completely off IMHO. The kid has been a premier athelte everywhere he has gone and his 18th pick is indication of it.

I agree with Fryman that confidence and repitition breeds speed. He has been shuttled around too much and now playing under a new system not suited to his skills -- at all.

Put Spencer as a SOLB in a BP or Belichick system and he is not playing at all either. SOLB in the BP system need to be complete backers who can also cover. Spencer is wonderful and an excellent pass rusher but would you put him on a TE??? Oh dear Jesus no. I would however put Carp on a TE.

Carp has been screwed by circumstances. Yes he is a disappointment.

Who knows what the future brings but I am 100% sure Bill Belichick with his over the hill LB Corps would welcome Carp as an FA or via Trade. He would have been in NE if not for BP.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-13-2007 at 08:43 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

For what it is worth, ESPN just dogged TO and apparently Keyshawn heard from a mystery player that TO is about ready to explode. Won't make through the season without some drama.

I was so into this game and now I am bummed.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,018
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Got this from btb...Kinda makes you want to cut JJ right on the spot >_>

Quote:
The Cowboys haven't even gotten a first down on an opening drive since going 67 yards on 14 plays in the season opener for a field goal.
Quote:
Miami
1st and 10 at DAL 33(14:54) J.Jones up the middle to DAL 39 for 6 yards (J.Porter).
2nd and 4 at DAL 39(14:19) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Owens.
3rd and 4 at DAL 39(14:09) T.Romo pass incomplete to T.Owens.

Chicago
1st and 10 at DAL 20(12:54) T.Romo sacked at DAL 9 for -11 yards (M.Anderson).
2nd and 21 at DAL 9(12:16) J.Jones left guard to DAL 11 for 2 yards (A.Archuleta).
3rd and 19 at DAL 11(11:30) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass deep left to T.Owens to DAL 28 for 17 yards (C.Tillman).

St. Louis
1st and 10 at DAL 20(15:00) T.Romo pass short right to J.Witten to DAL 28 for 8 yards (C.Chavous).
2nd and 2 at DAL 28(14:22) J.Jones left tackle to DAL 28 for no gain (B.Chillar).
3rd and 2 at DAL 28(13:42) J.Jones right guard to DAL 29 for 1 yard (W.Witherspoon).

Buffalo
1st and 10 at DAL 2(10:47) J.Jones right guard to DAL 1 for -1 yards (K.Williams).
2nd and 11 at DAL 1(10:11) J.Jones left guard to DAL 2 for 1 yard (L.Tripplett).
3rd and 10 at DAL 2(9:31) T.Romo pass deep middle intended for J.Witten INTERCEPTED by G.Wilson at DAL 25. G.Wilson for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Receiver overthrown.

New England
1st and 10 at DAL 17(14:55) T.Romo pass short middle to J.Jones to DAL 19 for 2 yards (T.Bruschi; V.Wilfork). Shuffle pass.
2nd and 8 at DAL 19(14:18) J.Jones up the middle to DAL 21 for 2 yards (T.Warren).
3rd and 6 at DAL 21(13:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to P.Crayton. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 26 (*** closest defender).
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Thule, this is something more imagined than factual but my read on this issue is this.....

We are more committed to the pass than the run. Our OLine seems to come out passive and disinterested in running the ball.

The Steelers come to mind as a team walking out saying -- we will pound you.

When I see us running in the first quarter with JJ my feeling is that we are trying to "trick them" into thinking run. We are praying for a big run. When this does not happen we say "OK, enuff of that, now where are the receivers."

I feel we need to develop a personality on this team coming out of the hole. We are running. We are running at you down the middle. Stop us ... but you need to bring 8 in the box. And we keep running the ball.

I know when MBIII comes in we are going to run. Other teams get tight. They see this guy bull dozing people. Their is some element of respect. With JJ, 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

With that said, if we could committ to the run with JJ who knows. But frankly when he comes in I am saying to myself... one bad run into the back of Kosier and then we pass the ball........

I would be interested to see point scored when MBIII plays versus JJ.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 10-19-2007 at 05:51 PM.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,771
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Thule, this is something more imagined than factual but my read on this issue is this.....

We are more committed to the pass than the run. Our OLine seems to come out passive and disinterested in running the ball.

The Steelers come to mind as a team walking out saying -- we will pound you.

When I see us running in the first quarter with JJ my feeling is that we are trying to "trick them" into thinking run. We are praying for a big run. When this does not happen we say "OK, enuff of that, now where are the receivers."

I feel we need to develop a personality on this team coming out of the hole. We are running. We are running at you down the middle. Stop us ... but you need to bring 8 in the box. And we keep running the ball.

I know when MBIII comes in we are going to run. With JJ, just seems the fans, team and OLine are viewing it as a diversion.
I feel the same way.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,018
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The thing is....we can run the ball on 7 man fronts all day...we've been doing it too. Especially when teams try to nickel our 3 wide...they don't stand a chance at stopping us really. But yet we still try to run on 8 man fronts. I still don't understand why we aren't audibling out of these plays after romo gets to the los. Is there something that i'm not grasping...sure it might not be ideal to audible out of every 8 man front...but it is right the majority of the time I would wager to bet. Hell put Romo in the shotgun to start off...he is one hell of a QB when he gets to drop back...atleast get a drive going in the first half...3 and outs are going to kill us after the bye....we have some tough games that we need to be performing at a high level to win these throughout the whole game.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I feel the same way.

I knew in 1993 we where running the ball. I knew in 1993 that if they stopped us they needed to bring 8/9 in teh box. I knew if we could accomplish that ... Novacheck and Irvin would get big pass plays.

With this team..... I jus dunno what they are doing at any one time and I hate the fact those big fat guys are dancing like ladies protecting Romo in the first Q.

Fat men need to push to get the motor running and take the testosterone out of the opposing D.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: How 'bout them Cowboys?
Posts: 3,655
Reputation: 65176
Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The thing is....we can run the ball on 7 man fronts all day...we've been doing it too. Especially when teams try to nickel our 3 wide...they don't stand a chance at stopping us really. But yet we still try to run on 8 man fronts. I still don't understand why we aren't audibling out of these plays after romo gets to the los. Is there something that i'm not grasping...sure it might not be ideal to audible out of every 8 man front...but it is right the majority of the time I would wager to bet. Hell put Romo in the shotgun to start off...he is one hell of a QB when he gets to drop back...atleast get a drive going in the first half...3 and outs are going to kill us after the bye....we have some tough games that we need to be performing at a high level to win these throughout the whole game.
I had a whole post advocating going out in the shotgun to begin games. I don't understand the lack of audibles, though. Once we start using them, I think our offense could take off even more.
__________________
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Looks like Romo's new woman happens to be Sophia Bush...just thought I'd say...not bad. haha.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,771
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Looks like Romo's new woman happens to be Sophia Bush...just thought I'd say...not bad. haha.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE DOWNGRADE... But Tony was over his head with Carrie anyways. Sophia looks more his type... older... more ready to settle down right now...


Guess I'll take Carrie back now even though she left me for a little while there... :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Apparently he ended up dumping Carrie because, she was mad because, he loved football more than her and refused to put her first. ha.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 750
Reputation: 59
BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

That *****.
__________________
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.