Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
D-Unit, I didn't know where else to put this, but do you remember the argument we had before the '05 draft about Justin Tuck vs. David Pollack? I know that the situation is kinda different...but you sure you wouldn't want Tuck now?
Was Pollack destined to have that injury or did it happen because he was at a certain time and certain place?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Woops!!! I have to admit, I would have taken Pollack also.

SHOWS WHAT I KNOW!!???!!!
not pollacks fault he injured his neck badly
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true. But if we could go back, I bet Cinny wouldnt take him again.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the good ole Tuck fued. That was pre 3-4 defense..you know it's old school then.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Was Pollack destined to have that injury or did it happen because he was at a certain time and certain place?
Obviously I realize that injuries change things, and we'll never know how good Pollack would have been without the injury, but my point really is that Tuck is LOADS better than everyone thought he was going to be.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Obviously I realize that injuries change things, and we'll never know how good Pollack would have been without the injury, but my point really is that Tuck is LOADS better than everyone thought he was going to be.
IDK, Cowboys fans would be freaking out...he didn't hardly see the field his rookie year...and then we he did see the field in his second year it was on the inside....I just don't think you can justify Tuck being loads better....especially when he is doing most of his work on the same line as Kiwi/Strahan/Osi.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
IDK, Cowboys fans would be freaking out...he didn't hardly see the field his rookie year...and then we he did see the field in his second year it was on the inside....I just don't think you can justify Tuck being loads better....especially when he is doing most of his work on the same line as Kiwi/Strahan/Osi.
To your point, Gimmicky D where the other 3 guys get more attention.

I am so not worried about that package. I think our line is so big as to render this LB unit ineffective. Maybe versus a ZBS team ....
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We Won
Redskins loss
And Browns loss

A pretty good day.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We Won
Redskins loss
And Browns loss

A pretty good day.
QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We Won
Redskins loss
And Browns loss

A pretty good day.
And I hit a 5 team parlay and my fantasy team won. GREAT DAY 8)
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
And I hit a 5 team parlay and my fantasy team won. GREAT DAY 8)
I picked up a 2 team parlay...and 2 other bets...up about 100 so thats a good day for me.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone see any reason why we wont be 11-1 heading into December? Next 3 games at home before we head to Detroit, Really shaping up to be a special year.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I love seeing Burnett on the field that much, other than the taunting call, I thought he showed his versatility in the middle and proved that he is worthy of some more PT.

Overall it was a good game by us, we showed up again on the road and won a big divisional game. This team is much more mature than it has been in the past few years. We hold onto leads and we turn momentum around even when we play poorly and have stupid penalties early.

Hopefully we keep rollin!
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Does anyone see any reason why we wont be 11-1 heading into December? Next 3 games at home before we head to Detroit, Really shaping up to be a special year.

Greenbay will be a big game. 10-1 going into it.

Good to see 10 days to prepare and heal plus a real pansie game v the NYJ.

That should be like homecoming game for Ohio State or LSU versus Baltimore College of Engineers.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^nope. too bad its exactly one week after thanksgiving. a thurs. game on NFLN
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great game, got to be excited afterwards, went into NY and beat a very good team for the 2nd time this year...i cant say we will just win out every game except for Green Bay because there are always let downs, teams will start giving us their best effort week in and out, and we have to take every game seriously...

anyone know what strahan and roy were getting into it about at the end of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Some interesting stuff from dmn blog
Quote:
Isn't it amazing how much better the Dallas defense played the second time around against the Giants? New York had 438 yards and 35 points in the opener, compared to 300 yards and 20 points today.

Of course, it's no coincidence that Terence Newman and Greg Ellis sat out the opener and played today.

"They made a big difference," LB Bradie James said.

Give Newman credit for Plaxico Burress being a four-catch, 24-yard non-factor. Newman covered Burress one-on-one a lot. When he didn't, he took Amani Toomer by himself, allowing the Cowboys to double cover Burress.

Ellis was a major reason the Cowboys were able to put a lot of pressure on Eli Manning. The Cowboys had five sacks, including one by Ellis, against a Giants team that allowed nine in the first eight games. Ellis also got in Manning's face and tipped the pass on Ken Hamlin's pick.
Quote:
I've mentioned before a defensive package that puts DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Greg Ellis on the field together. The Cowboys used that package -- featuring Ellis at left DE in a three-man front, with Ware and Spencer as the OLBs -- more today than any other game.

Ellis said that was a significant part of the Cowboys' game plan. Give Wade Phillips credit. It worked wonders.

Ellis beat a one-on-one block to get to Eli Manning and tip a pass that ended up in Ken Hamlin's hands. He got the one-on-one look because Ware was lined up on his outside hip. That pick set up a field goal.

Spencer beat a one-on-one block -- no way will any team slide protection to him with Ware and Ellis on the opposite side -- to get his sack in the second quarter. That forced a punt, giving the Cowboys good field position for their final drive of the half, which resulted in a TD.

"You try to create one-on-ones where you can," Ellis said. "It worked in our favor tonight."

Not sure why we didn't see more of this package against the Patriots. I'd expect to see a lot more of it when the Packers come to town in a few weeks.
Once again another game where our pressure was outstanding...we dominate teams on the los that don't get dominated on the LOS...this is something we do better than any team in the league and is the main reason we are the only logical team to have a shot against the pats.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who here doesnt have NFL Network? The upcoming Green Bay and Carolina games are on NFLN only.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Who here doesnt have NFL Network? The upcoming Green Bay and Carolina games are on NFLN only.
i just got the nfln and am disappointed. yeah the games are nice, but the rest is just junk. you can get the same stuff on nfl.com through the video section.

i was expecting the espn matchup show, but eh.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
In Dallas they will show the games on the local channels, the My Network affiliates I believe. So if you're not in the Dallas area or don't have NFLN, you're pretty much out of luck unless you can find a way online or a local bar that might have it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
i just got the nfln and am disappointed. yeah the games are nice, but the rest is just junk. you can get the same stuff on nfl.com through the video section.

i was expecting the espn matchup show, but eh.
Yah, i've had it since it first came out...the best thing about it, is the combine...everything else is just filler. Atleast, they have live games now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
...we dominate teams on the los that don't get dominated on the LOS
Yup, agree. Similar points made prior to the Pats game.

Quote:
this is something we do better than any team in the league and is the main reason we are the only logical team to have a shot against the pats.
Pats are not as physical a team anymore. Pass Blocking very good, Run Blocking OK. Pass Defense very dood. Run Defense ok. They are Air Coryell and better hope for good weather in the Playoffs. I think Colts can beat them if healthy.

Cowboys need to tighten up their Pass D to play with the Pats. If they do, they have a great chance for the reasons mentioned.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think I'll need to visit my parents for Thanksgiving. They've got the NFL Network... :)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use Yahoo NFL Game Pass so...no problem :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Did you see Jimmy at halftime yesterday? Its a good thing Keith Davis didnt have him for a coach because he would have been cut at halftime lol.