Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the Game today...I'm all for picking up a situational pass rusher in this next draft. I saw Spencer come in today for a play or 2...but he was blown up on the left side...so I want another body.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
After watching the Game today...I'm all for picking up a situational pass rusher in this next draft. I saw Spencer come in today for a play or 2...but he was blown up on the left side...so I want another body.
What we need is a DT who can push the G/C Combination backwards. It would make those edge rushers so much more effective.

Another rusher OLB? Ug........
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
What we need is a DT who can push the G/C Combination backwards. It would make those edge rushers so much more effective.

Another rusher OLB? Ug........
Well carring 4 OLB on the roster really shouldn't be a problem.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the 3-4....most of your pass rushing is going to come from your OLBs. I agree w/ Thule it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Look at the Giants they have 4 DE that they use , capable of starting on any team...I wouldnt mind bringing in some more pass rushing talent at the OLB position. It would be nice and a luxury to have a bit of a rotation there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-19-2007 at 12:36 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

I just don't want to turn into the Detroit Lions of OLB.

4th rounder, fine. A Brian Robison type. Sure. But I think we have other needs and I don't consider it a high impact role on this team.

But hey, Chargers look ready to explode. Maybe we can pick something up from that disaster in FA or via trade.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just don't want to turn into the Detroit Lions of OLB.

4th rounder, fine. A Brian Robison type. Sure. But I think we have other needs and I don't consider it a high impact role on this team.

But hey, Chargers look ready to explode. Maybe we can pick something up from that disaster in FA or via trade.
I'd give them a 2nd for LT :P

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'd give them a 2nd for LT :P
Funny enuff, I was thinking Norv for OC after he gets axed and Garrett goes to the Seattle Seahawks with Holmgren retiring. But hey, I am sure we can get some players too.

You know, LT for a second (and something else) is not crazy if LT forces a trade. He is not an AJ fan and seems ready for something new.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-19-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers are not going to unload...the talent is there to be among the NFL's elite...their coach is just a moron as a HC, he doesnt know how to run a team. Once they get someone new in there, they'll be just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Chargers are not going to unload...the talent is there to be among the NFL's elite...their coach is just a moron as a HC, he doesnt know how to run a team. Once they get someone new in there, they'll be just fine.

So what are the chances we swap our OC for their HC?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly as much as I love Norv, I really wouldn't want him here in any capacity. We don't need a QB guru coming in and messing with Romo.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Norv
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Garrett >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Norv
Well if Garrett leaves, I am not sure what your math equation has to do with the ?? I asked.

The ??? is probability that Norv comes if Garrett leaves.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I said it before...If Garrett does leave...we should stay in house. Maybe Sherman could step in there. I really dont think Garrett's leaving though, Wade only signed a 3 year deal...I think Garrett could wait that long.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Garrett wait? Hes hot NOW. If he gets a head coaching offer hes gone. Id love for him to stay just as much as the next guy but when a job comes open you have to take it. Asking him to wait wouldnt be fair to him or his family IMO. We will see but I cant imagine he's going to wait three years.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I doubt he'll go. He's still very young, he loves Dallas, and he's not going to find a better situation. JJ was ready to give him the job before we settled on Wade. Garrett knew the situation when he signed on to coach...he's been guaranteed that position 3 years down the line. The fact that he is hot really doesnt matter because, he has an enormous opportunity just a few years away. Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, I think he'll wait for it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Looks like Sam Hurd will most likely get the start on Thursday. Crayton went down w/ an ankle injury and will probably not play.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...abn4113630.htm

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
I said it before...If Garrett does leave...we should stay in house. Maybe Sherman could step in there. I really dont think Garrett's leaving though, Wade only signed a 3 year deal...I think Garrett could wait that long.
Sherman over Sparano?? Wow.

Sparano was refused the right to interview by Jerry for OC jobs.

Not sure Sherman is on anyone's radar screen.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like Sam Hurd will most likely get the start on Thursday. Crayton went down w/ an ankle injury and will probably not play.

Dying to see Austin play finally. In this sense the Crayton injury will give us a better read on the Sign or Not Crayton discussion.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Sherman over Sparano?? Wow.

Sparano was refused the right to interview by Jerry for OC jobs.

Not sure Sherman is on anyone's radar screen.
Both great candidates...Sherman has been getting a lot praise this season. Sparano would surely get first consideration but, Sherman has been a hot name this year as well. Not to mention he has a little more experience as an O Coord.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Dying to see Austin play finally. In this sense the Crayton injury will give us a better read on the Sign or Not Crayton discussion.
Speaking of WR injuries...I heard Coles is probably out for this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Watched the Pats Game again. I think in a rematch it should be a closer game than folks think here are some things I picked up.

Pats on Offense / Boys on Defense

1) They could not run the ball on our Base D. They got no push. Last drive masked that fact. I was surprised to see this. We even stopped them cold playing nickel.

2) If a Pats RB or TE Chips a DE -- the ball is going to the chipper. On a few key plays the Pats converted ... that was the case.

3) Brady had troubles with movement of the pass rusher .... particularly when we lined up two OLB over one of the tackles in a 7/9 technique .... he always went to a three step drop and quick shot to the WR. If we press, Brady ends up either eating it or throwing it away.

4) Faulk and Welker killed us. TNew needs to cover over Welker and Burnett neeeds to be assigned the RB. My version of a Box-and-1 from basketball. 9 guys play zone or rush. Two guys play man.

5) If Roy gets Watson he needs to jam him or the OLB needs to chip him. Watson blew past Roy a few times even with a 10 yard cushion.

Cowboy on Offense and Pats on D

1) We rant he ball well. We need to do it early and often to avoid 2 and 10. We got killed on 2nd and 10 all game.

2) No drops. Crayton and TO hurt us in the first half with this. Two three outs came from it and another drive died with Crayton slipping on third.

3) More Down and Outs to WR between the CB and S or in fron of the CB -- depends on hwo they play zone. Pats can't cover them as shown by the Colts when healthy. We got a few in and they where successful.

4) Get the Slot WR to attack the Safeties deep (like TO this Sunday) -- we did none of it. It is key to opening up the middle of the field which we did not do versus the Pats.

5) TO Short Crossing Routes -- their LB can't run with him and our WR should be able to block the NE Corners.

6) Forget those little passes in front of the LB in the zone. Pats eat those up.

Special Teams

1) Get three gunners in the game, hell four. Welker changed Field Position on us too often. Pats don't have anyone to get after the Punter.

2) Can Folk kick off better?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Why would Garrett wait? Hes hot NOW. If he gets a head coaching offer hes gone. Id love for him to stay just as much as the next guy but when a job comes open you have to take it. Asking him to wait wouldnt be fair to him or his family IMO. We will see but I cant imagine he's going to wait three years.
There is only ONE Dallas Cowboys Head Coaching job. You don't just pass that up for the first gig to pop up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it weren't clear that Jerry wants to make Garrett the HC in the future, then yeah, he'd probably jump ship for the first HC job available. However, JJ has made it clear. So basically, if Garrett sticks around, he goes from backup QB of America's Team to Head Coach of America's Team. It'll be worth the wait.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:

I heard this too. Will the 3rd WR be Austin or Stanback? I heard Stanback practiced this week at WR. I'm concerned about Austin's route running. I feel that he could evidently leave Romo hanging in some situations; kind of like Manning's God awful receivers (Moorhead, Fletcher, etc). Thoughts?
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
I heard this too. Will the 3rd WR be Austin or Stanback? I heard Stanback practiced this week at WR. I'm concerned about Austin's route running. I feel that he could evidently leave Romo hanging in some situations; kind of like Manning's God awful receivers (Moorhead, Fletcher, etc). Thoughts?
u assuming Stanback runs better routes?