Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Austin will be the third receiver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
u assuming Stanback runs better routes?
Nope, haven't seen him play too much. But i'd like to see some new talent.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO all you Marion Barber heroes... How do you feel now. Three victories with absolutely no rushing attack and Marion Barber getting the rock more times then JJ...

MB3 through the last three games

@ Phi
16 att 56 yards 1 TD

@ NYG
12 att 34 yards 0 TD

v Was
15 att 43 yards 0 TD

JJ

@ Phi
13 att 57 yards 1 TD

@ NYG
11 att 48 yards 0 TD

v Was
9 att 27 yards 0 TD

Does anyone see the common theme here? JJ has MB3's old rushing att's with way less yardage... While MB3 has JJ's attempts with only a slightly better(at best) ypc average.

Overall the Cowboys rushing attack is getting pumped and MB3 is not having the same impact later in the games. Go back to giving JJ the majority of carries and allowing Marion to dominate teams later in the game. It gives Dallas the best chance to win(instead of trying to give MB3 better stats)...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah some dude just came out w/ an article like that...I wouldnt mind giving the ball to Julius on more 1st and 2nd downs. As it is right now...Marion is more the "starter" than Julius and it hasnt been working very well. A lot of the blame has to be put on the O-Line though, we're not the greatest run blocking team...the holes havent always been there this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah some dude just came out w/ an article like that...I wouldnt mind giving the ball to Julius on more 1st and 2nd downs. As it is right now...Marion is more the "starter" than Julius and it hasnt been working very well. A lot of the blame has to be put on the O-Line though, we're not the greatest run blocking team...the holes havent always been there this season.
The holes havent been there since Larry Allen was there... We have had decent work from the RB's because JJ takes the punishment early in the game while he and the Passing game is softening up the D(and taking a beating on the stat sheet)... And Marion comes in and punishes a softer Defence far more then Julius is able to if given the opportunity and far more then Barber himself is able to if hes used all of his big play ability trying to break 8 yard gains on first down in the first and second quarter.

This was my argument all season. There was no chance in hell that Marion was going to be able to batter Defences like he was able to last season with more attempts.(not unless he was a super beast...)

I dont know... Maybe we have run up against good Run D's the last few games and Im overreacting...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
Nope, haven't seen him play too much. But i'd like to see some new talent.
Then start with the 6'3, 4.41 guy first who actually plays WR.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
The holes havent been there since Larry Allen was there... We have had decent work from the RB's because JJ takes the punishment early in the game while he and the Passing game is softening up the D(and taking a beating on the stat sheet)... And Marion comes in and punishes a softer Defence far more then Julius is able to if given the opportunity and far more then Barber himself is able to if hes used all of his big play ability trying to break 8 yard gains on first down in the first and second quarter.

This was my argument all season. There was no chance in hell that Marion was going to be able to batter Defences like he was able to last season with more attempts.(not unless he was a super beast...)

I dont know... Maybe we have run up against good Run D's the last few games and Im overreacting...
Not sure I buy all this but I think we do need to run more with conviction.

Just seems we do a running play to get teams off their pass rush more than anything else.

I can't remember a play where we rip of 10++ yards and we follow up with another running play or two.

Run blocking is about attitude and repitition. Just don't have the personality with Garrett.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5321983.html

Sammy Hurd baby!!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-22-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Garrett could get the HC job here before Wade's job is up, no guarantee he does the whole 3 years...and Garrett was more then likely promised the job here, almost had it before, no way he leaves after one season, this is the situation he wants to be in, has a great relationship with Jerry and Romo, and has a young qb who can run the offense the way he wants to, along with all those weapons we have, he knows he will be the HC here and thats the job he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah but, if San Diego come asking for him, it would be very hard to turn them down.
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

I must admit I was wrong about Austin today. He impressed.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

I know it was only one drive, but McQuistan looked really good, he is an athletic kid. Austin also impressed me today.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Not sure I buy all this but I think we do need to run more with conviction.

Just seems we do a running play to get teams off their pass rush more than anything else.

I can't remember a play where we rip of 10++ yards and we follow up with another running play or two.

Run blocking is about attitude and repitition. Just don't have the personality with Garrett.

agree completely, wish we stuck with the run a little more, its basically like you said we run to slow up their pass rush and thats about it and dont stick with it, thats pretty much how Garrett likes his offense to be run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Demarcus Ware didn't have a sack.. Now he's two sacks behind the NFC leader, Aaron Kampman.
With how many sacks do you think Ware will end the season? I think 16.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
I must admit I was wrong about Austin today. He impressed.
He blasts off the LOS when he runs routes. He has impressive acceleration for a 6'3 guy. Also loved he caught the ball with his hands.

He just looks the part.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
agree completely, wish we stuck with the run a little more, its basically like you said we run to slow up their pass rush and thats about it and dont stick with it, thats pretty much how Garrett likes his offense to be run...
Well yesterday it seems we finally ran with some conviction. Also, Romo was does not throw a wet ball too well. Under 50 and wet ... we need to run to avoid mistakes.

So .... we will need to get the OL into the habit of pushing. Get those legs driving forward.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After only seeing him play in a few games on special teams I'm ready to say that Courtney Brown will be a good football player. He really looks the part when he's out there and has done a nice job picking up the special teams game which usually translates onto defense.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
SweatThePipe
Rookie

SweatThePipe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, Courtney Brown IS our future FS. No need to draft one with him and Watkins.
SweatThePipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
After only seeing him play in a few games on special teams I'm ready to say that Courtney Brown will be a good football player. He really looks the part when he's out there and has done a nice job picking up the special teams game which usually translates onto defense.
Yeah, Keith Davis sure taught me that. LOL. JK.

I'm hopeful. Not yet ready to crown him. He has a nice skill set. Hopefully he has the smarts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

he's got an engineering degree, so im sure he is plenty smart
Old 11-24-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wouldnt be surprised if Courtney moves back to corner in time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....3080f272.html

Article on Canty.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, Keith Davis sure taught me that. LOL. JK.

I'm hopeful. Not yet ready to crown him. He has a nice skill set. Hopefully he has the smarts.
The difference is that Brown has the body to play in the secondary in the NFL. Look at the difference between him and Keith. They have much different ceilings.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
The difference is that Brown has the body to play in the secondary in the NFL. Look at the difference between him and Keith. They have much different ceilings.
He is very very likely the smartest player on the team. Engineering from California Polytechnic.... uh, yeah.

But he looks like such an athlete -- he like Austin -- just look the part. They move like super stars now they need to get the chance to produce.

Sourced>>
At a Pro Day held in March at San Jose State, Brown posted the fastest 40-yard dash time of 4.32 seconds as well as the highest vertical jump at 41.5 inches. In addition, Brown recorded the second-fastest 10-yard time of 1.46 seconds and was No. 4 in the short shuttle (4.07 seconds).

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-24-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I like Austin and Brown as much as the next guy but, there have been a bunch of players before them w/ outstanding measurables that never panned out. I wouldnt put them in the pro bowl just yet. All the talk about Miles as a #1 right now is a little ridiculous and quite premature...he's currently our 4th WR (5th when Glenn comes back) and if you believe some of the reports, he was very close to getting cut this year. Just gotta take it slow w/ these guys. Odds are normally against guys like them...they were drafted late or undrafted for a reason. I'm just trying to say...they may very well pan out but, don't get your hopes up too high.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS