Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
I refuse to count out the Lions. Just remember, in order for the Lions to in 10 games this year (like Kitna said), they'll need to win out the rest of the season..

And I believed they could do it earlier this season. So this is NOT the team to sleep on.
Agreed. We almost always seem to have problems with the Lions, for some reason.

Let's also not forget that Kitna went on a Seattle radio show the week after last year's game and made some really derogatory remarks about the defense. The Dallas/FW papers are reporting that the defense is still fuming about those remarks. Kitna could be in for a really long day. I wonder if he would have opened his mouth if he had known they'd be scheduled to play the Cowboys again the next season?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I've almost finished with the Giants game too, I was very busy these days.
Before watching the Redskins game, I remember someone saying that Tank was in for only six plays. Do someone remember this?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal. Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry. "He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player." -- Dallas Morning News

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Cowboys owner-general manger Jerry Jones said he would like to lock up free safety Ken Hamlin to a long-term deal. Hamlin, who signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract in March, is tied for fourth in the NFL with five interceptions. That's tied for the team lead with cornerback Anthony Henry. "He has a lot of savvy," Jones said of Hamlin. "He understands what's going on, and the more he understands, it's all going to make Hamlin a better player." -- Dallas Morning News
Lovin' that news!!!

*crossing FS off my draft list* :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
While I like Hamlin at SS over Roy --- "long term deal" and Ken Hamlin seems like another reach for an average player.

Jerry is too close to his players, and it seems to me, over values his talent.

How many SS does one team need?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
While I like Hamlin at SS over Roy --- "long term deal" and Ken Hamlin seems like another reach for an average player.

Yea but the difference that Hamlin has made on our team has really showed, and he has put up numbers to go along with playing well...this was a tryout period for him, and he stepped up and has played very well and been a leader on our defense, it makes sense to sign him...its not like Jerry is throwing money around and not seeing what they can do, which is the reason when he signs guys like him and Tank its a short term fix at first unless he sees they can make an impact long term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:

In all honesty, I actually like his coverage skills. His tackling skills are .....eh.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...012228FE000B5A

Columbo could be out this week. If so, we'll be seeing McQuistan in live action.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McQ shouldn't miss a beat

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill have to keep an eye on him, see what the future looks like

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea but the difference that Hamlin has made on our team has really showed, and he has put up numbers to go along with playing well...this was a tryout period for him, and he stepped up and has played very well and been a leader on our defense, it makes sense to sign him...its not like Jerry is throwing money around and not seeing what they can do, which is the reason when he signs guys like him and Tank its a short term fix at first unless he sees they can make an impact long term
The improved safety play has as much to do with

1) Better Pass Rush
2) Roy Williams being eliminated from SS play on many passing downs
3) Watkins being a year older and wiser

Not saying Hamlin is playing poorly. I 100% feel he is a SS upgrade over Roy. He runs well. He is physical at the LOS. But most of the plays he has made are in front of him however (similar to Roy). And he does allow guys to get behind him rather easily (Welker v Cowboys).

But we still have a FS "skills" gap IMHO. I desperately want someone who can make a play with a ball over their head and who has the hip roll and pop to cover the Post pattern in Cover 1/2. We don't have that type of athlete unless Brown gets there.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 12-06-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I love seeing the young guys play.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Keep in mind, if we do sign Hamlin long term, it does allow us the freedom to try and trade Roy somewhere in the next couple of years.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

In addition to Fitzgerald hating the Desert it looks like Roy Williams in DET wants back to Texas.

Maybe the Cowboy can package some LB Depth and a Number 1 this year and solve this WR Youth issue over night.

How about Roy Williams WR and Detroit's Number 2 for Dallas's Clev Pick, Bobby Carpenter LB and Roy Williams SS/LB .. I would even throw in Burnett and move SS Roy to Nickel LB.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 12-06-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
In addition to Fitzgerald hating the Desert it looks like Roy Williams in DET wants back to Texas.

Maybe the Cowboy can package some LB Depth and a Number 1 this year and solve this WR Youth issue over night.

How about Roy Williams WR and Detroit's Number 2 for Dallas's Clev Pick, Bobby Carpenter LB and Roy Williams SS/LB .. I would even throw in Burnett and move SS Roy to Nickel LB.
When I first found out that Roy wanted out I thought about our team, but I never heard he wanted back in Texas, thats news to me...But im not sure how another big time wr would work with TO here, I mean I know he's changed and all now but that smells like a disaster waiting to happen the first time someone starts pouting...

But Id give up our cleveland pick, and carpenter for roy and their 2nd or 3rd whichever is fine...Id almost be willing to take him for no draft picks in return because I know how sick he would be in our offense, but he would have to let someone like Crayton or Adams walk...thats alot of money on that side of the ball, Roy is a top 10 pick also...I left out the part about Roy Williams because he wont get traded, especially not for the guy with the same name lol...it might take a few fans a long time before they knew what was going on with that

Im definately not into giving up Burnett, carpenter and our 1st should be enough...I think we pass enough to have two big time wrs like cincy or the cardinals

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
He'll scare away the defense with his ugly face.

But seriously, he's been on the team long enough to know what he's doing. He no longer gets the raw project excuse. I want great pass protection and great run mauling.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see. But I still have that image from the Preseason where he was beat horribly by Tim Crowder around the edge. Or was that Free? Pretty sure it was the Ginger.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams in Dallas is actually a possibility. The whole texas thing shouldn't be overlooked...I remember when I was at the Dallas game 2 years ago...the fans cheered and cheered for him in the pregame...throw in the fact that he always plays great against us has to mean something. What would it cost...I'm not really sure...but they need a LT...McQ would be awfully tempting for them...if we truly trust Free. But I think a LT is what it would take to get the deal done.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The uniform crew is going to hate Jerry Jones if he forces them to make two uniforms with "Roy Williams (D)" and "Roy Williams (O)" on the backs.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
The uniform crew is going to hate Jerry Jones if he forces them to make two uniforms with "Roy Williams (D)" and "Roy Williams (O)" on the backs.
Jerry signs their paychecks. They'll keep their mouths shut. ;)
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I think it could work yes, but who would we have to "not" resign, because we are going to have to let some guys go if we bring in roy williams payroll...and although our project guy is stanback he is the wr we would have to lose right? Hurd and Austin are further along in their development

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He'll scare away the defense with his ugly face.

But seriously, he's been on the team long enough to know what he's doing. He no longer gets the raw project excuse. I want great pass protection and great run mauling.
The mutant should be forced to where a visor, by rule. It's such an unfair advantage.

Also...to whoever said it...I seriously doubt McQ would be tempting to anyone in the trade market...former 7th round draft pick, zero career starts, do people even know who he is? He doesnt hold that much value to other teams at all, at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The former can go by his full name, Roy Williams Sucks. :p
Old 12-07-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think it could work yes, but who would we have to "not" resign, because we are going to have to let some guys go if we bring in roy williams payroll...and although our project guy is stanback he is the wr we would have to lose right? Hurd and Austin are further along in their development

Actually, of that group, I think we would be better off letting Crayton go if we are able to bring in Roy this offseason. But, again, I would prefer Fitzgerald.

The rotation would be TO, Roy, Hurd, Austin & Stanback. If Stanback progresses, that would be a very solid rotation. I also think we re up TO for two more years. He's a physical freak and takes very good care of his body.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 12-07-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick ? for you guys. What is the likely hood that Adams resigns?