Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess no one noticed the play the Lions had a 3rd and 9, and if completed teh game was over, Ware was the oen who got pressure and got his hand on Kitna's arm to force a bad throw...he was pretty invisible the whole game, but he came through and made a play when we needed it...

I know everyone here wants guys to play well every game but it wont happen that way all the time...I put some of it on Wade, I didnt see alot of movement on our D and exotic blitz packages, their tackles werent confused at all and we kept coming the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I get real connected to our players. I figure we could be just as successful, w/ out Crayton and it would obviously help in the development of the younger guys but, like i said...I always get connected. I really would hate to see him go. He's another one of those hidden gems, that we managed to find, and he has really stepped up this year. If i had to make a guess as to where he was playing next season...I'd say Dallas. We may be just as successful w/ out him but, that is not a certainty. JJ seems to want to keep our boys intact for the most part it seems and Crayton is a big reason why we have one such a fantastic offensive unit. Crayton seems like a loyal guy and the boys did give him his shot...I would be surprised to see us get a bit of a discount here.

I think he comes back, he is a local guy and has alot of pride playing for the Cowboys...he may not retire here but I still think he comes back, dont see him going after the big dollars quite yet, his stats will still be better here in Dallas as a #3 then alot of places as the main option...He is from Desoto, Texas, and seems like a guy who is proud to be playing for Dallas...I remember when I met him as a rookie he was so humble and quiet so you can tell he is coming out of his shell and into his own, but I dont get the feeling he wants to leave and i think Jerry can work out something where he stays next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wade Phillips said he should be blamed for the Lions racking up 152 rushing yards, almost twice their league-low average entering the game.

"It's my fault," Phillips said, noting that he prepared the Cowboys to face a three-wide, air-it-out offense and was surprised to see the Lions line up in a two-back or two-TE set so often.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...bad_run_d.html

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
He must not have got the memo that WR Roy Williams was not playing. Oh Wade you silly goose.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kinda have a mixed impression of this. On one hand, he admitted that his schemes were not up to par this week, which is something Parcells never did even when we would get shredded. On the bad side, every team in the NFL can run the ball when they can put pressure on the back 7, especially if they are physical. The Lions were much more physical yesterday than we were.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, for the ones who asked, here's the video with some plays in which Tank was involved. There aren't clips from the Redskins' games because he played just a few snaps in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlf5AjqR34M

In Bob We Trust

Old 12-10-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Merriman got 5.5 sacks of his total in two games, against Oakland and Kansas City... Ware, except for the game against the Lions, is having costant pressure on the QB registering a sack in almost every game...
So what? We just played a team who gave up the most sacks in the league and Ware didn't get any. We've played our share of poor o-lines too. Just because Merriman racked up 5.5 against 2 bad teams doesnt mean he doesnt deserve credit. Ware could of done it too but didn't.

I love Ware and I am glad we have him over Merriman. Im just saying in order for him to be DPOY, he needs to be smarter with his pass rush. He is One of the best in the league, don't get me wrong. Im just nit picking and reverting to the Merriman V. Ware because it is an argument that will always be around.

We need to use anthony spencer more though and sub him in for ware and ellis. I think wade is actually pretty stupid for leaving Ware in for 99% of the game. He effectivness is terribly minimized come the 4th quarter because he is so gassed from rushing every down. This wouldn't be a problem if we had ILB's who could make a play or 2 every now and then and get the D off of the field or if we subbed him out ocasionally to give him a breather....

a majority of merrimans sacks come in the 4th quarter. He smells blood and goes and gets it towards the end of the game, Ware cant do this because he seems to be in need of an I.V. by the time we get a few minutes into the 4th. A few minor adjustments between wade and the team and we COULD have the NFL's sack leader and DPOY.

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-10-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finally, for the ones who asked, here's the video with some plays in which Tank was involved. There aren't clips from the Redskins' games because he played just a few snaps in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlf5AjqR34M
I really appreciate the time and effort Modano. Really do. That song selection was so choice! That cracked me up. Perfectly appropriate! ;)

Saw some good and bad. I'll take many more looks at it when I have more time and comment again later. Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...F669A278D09505

Looks like Glenn is getting closer and closer to being back on the field. Even if we get him back, I don't believe he'll be up to full speed even by the super bowl. However, he'll be able to be a good deep threat and stretch the field out even further.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
gansevoort

[quote=cowboysforever;773190
2) Can we just get Burnett in full time please.?[/QUOTE]

Problem is Jerrah spent way too much for some pretty average to below average guys and he is stuck.

No question in my mind that our ILB and Safeties are average overall and bad in coverage.

We do need to turover this part of our lineup if we ever want to be a top end D.

I know that fans here are just about sick to death with Roy Williams poor run support and worse coverage. He looks 4.9 out there.

Ayodele is non existant and James is woefullu overrated for his mouthiness.

I have yet to see any of these guys cause a turnover all year? When have you seen them create a fumble with a hit? Or knock down a 3rd down pass?

Would prefer to see burnett, carpenter and watkins play -- take the groewing pains -- but have hope for drastic improvement.

But, too much money in those three.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats about what I saw from Tank...he is good when moving laterally...but really is just a hand fighter on the LOS...most players will play low and keep their knee bend...he explodes up...and if the C/G handle him he is done...if not he blows them up and gets into the backfield....got to love his athletic ability...but he definately needs technique work. Guys like Shaun Rogers...and Kevin Williams keep their knee bend so that they can direct and set up the guy the way they want too....I want to see that out of tank...I'm not sold he is anything outside of a spell guy tho.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Thats about what I saw from Tank...he is good when moving laterally...but really is just a hand fighter on the LOS...most players will play low and keep their knee bend...he explodes up...and if the C/G handle him he is done...if not he blows them up and gets into the backfield....got to love his athletic ability...but he definately needs technique work. Guys like Shaun Rogers...and Kevin Williams keep their knee bend so that they can direct and set up the guy the way they want too....I want to see that out of tank...I'm not sold he is anything outside of a spell guy tho.
I agree... He's playing good against the pass but tends to be push around during running plays. Did you see the play in which he had to cover the RB (or FB). He had some pretty good coverage.

In Bob We Trust

Old 12-11-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dunno if yall heard but glenn could start practicing on Wednesday another weapon for romo is just scarey for anyone facing the cowboys, but if he will be doing what he did last year is still questionable, but still with him on the field its still a threat

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_injuries.cfm

Last edited by bantx : 12-11-2007 at 01:43 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansevoort View Post
Problem is Jerrah spent way too much for some pretty average to below average guys and he is stuck.

No question in my mind that our ILB and Safeties are average overall and bad in coverage.

We do need to turover this part of our lineup if we ever want to be a top end D.

I know that fans here are just about sick to death with Roy Williams poor run support and worse coverage. He looks 4.9 out there.

Ayodele is non existant and James is woefullu overrated for his mouthiness.

I have yet to see any of these guys cause a turnover all year? When have you seen them create a fumble with a hit? Or knock down a 3rd down pass?

Would prefer to see burnett, carpenter and watkins play -- take the groewing pains -- but have hope for drastic improvement.

But, too much money in those three.
I think this is the first time a poster has responded to himself.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As predicted by me in the declaration thread:

We will go 12-4 (at worst) and win the NFC.

We will rack up 50 sacks for the year.

Romo will be named NFC player of the year.

We will draft a corner in the first round.

After being banned for the umpteenth time a new poster will appear.

We will resign Crayton.

We will sweep the Eagles.

T.O. will not have a blowup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Anybody else notice Ratliff making plays each time he went in. I think someone needs to start
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
Anybody else notice Ratliff making plays each time he went in. I think someone needs to start
Yeah and notice how TJ Ducket and Kevin Jones ran right past him up the middle? He's still very inconsistent. He'll make a big play to stick in people's minds, but get man handled on most other plays.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a guy who does a sports show here in dallas called DFW sports beat named Brady Tinker, not sure if any of you heard of him from doin blogs or what not but he made some good points on his show today...

One point was how well Romo actually played in between the numbers, Detroit took away TO and the deep ball all game and Romo didnt force the ball to him...When you see how Favre came out firing the ball into double coverage vs us and other qbs get bad habits who throw into double coverage, he seems to always take what the defense gives him...25 completions to Witten and Barber all the while managing to register scoring drives...Romo + Garrett=Beautiful

Another point was the defense having the mentality that our qb is better then the other teams qb so we will play alot of Nickel and Dime formations and hold the team to 20 points so we will win the game...You would like to think we would attack every game somehow but it seemed like the Washington game and this game, we have sat back and let him pick us apart slowly and let it happen all game...Where as other games with more potent passing attacks we attacked and it worked better

They also had Ryan Young on and he talked about how the offensive line gets a whole new mentality when Barber steps into the game...They love blocking for him and the offense gets a charge every time he comes into the game

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 12-11-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Tinker? I've always been a fan of his, and his rock hard shell of a hair due.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Brady Tinker? I've always been a fan of his, and his rock hard shell of a hair due.
lol yea thats him...that was a typo not Brad...shows pretty interesting

Quote:
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I saw our O-line open up some huge holes for JJ that he simply couldn't capitalize on.... He's such a lost cause. Im not sure how he ever produced the way he did his rookie season.

He started out with some big runs, but the holes for so freakin huge that I could have made atleast 5 yards and that is with my 5.5? speed.

Barber is far superior to Jones and it pisses me off when they show jones and his baby face on the sidelines or when I read a jones comment like "I wish I could get in a rhythm, but as long as we keep getting W's" -- Its like, come on Julius, you have no rhythm. You're on your way to being someones waste of a FA acquisition. We just need a decent speed guy in the second round to go along with Barber and this offense will be better than it is this year.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quick question for everyone on here.... How likely do you think it is that we resign newman? I love him, as do all of us on here, but does anyone think Jerry might make a strange move and let Newman go somewhere else?

X-Mas is right around the corner and my girlfriend is about to order me an authentic T New jersey (have to get it customized since they dont sell them) and I'm worried we wont resign him.

I'd probably still get the Jersey anyways because I will support Newman wherever he goes and he was awesome thus far as a cowboy, but those things do cost around $280 on the 'boys pro shop so Im trying to make sure I wont be pissed at myself later...

There is no reason for us to let him go, and I would actually hate Jerry for doing it, but it is possible. What are your guys thoughts?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Quick question for everyone on here.... How likely do you think it is that we resign newman? I love him, as do all of us on here, but does anyone think Jerry might make a strange move and let Newman go somewhere else?

X-Mas is right around the corner and my girlfriend is about to order me an authentic T New jersey (have to get it customized since they dont sell them) and I'm worried we wont resign him.

I'd probably still get the Jersey anyways because I will support Newman wherever he goes and he was awesome thus far as a cowboy, but those things do cost around $280 on the 'boys pro shop so Im trying to make sure I wont be pissed at myself later...

There is no reason for us to let him go, and I would actually hate Jerry for doing it, but it is possible. What are your guys thoughts?
Newman ain't going nowhere. It's more likely that Jerry will severely overpay him.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Newman ain't going nowhere. It's more likely that Jerry will severely overpay him.
I hope you're right...

any thoughts on why we wouldn't have tried to get an extension done yet? It seems like we are going to have to pay him more by letting him hit the market and receive offers from other teams who are looking to go on a spending spree.

Edit -- Also, what Jersey would you guys get. Im thinkin Im going to have to roll with a throw back. They are pretty sick.

and does anyone have experience with the sizing on the authentic ones? The come in numbered sizes instead of S/M/L and im not sure how to measure them up. Im 5'9'' and have no clue what size I should get.

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-11-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I hope you're right...

any thoughts on why we wouldn't have tried to get an extension done yet? It seems like we are going to have to pay him more by letting him hit the market and receive offers from other teams who are looking to go on a spending spree.

Edit -- Also, what Jersey would you guys get. Im thinkin Im going to have to roll with a throw back. They are pretty sick.

and does anyone have experience with the sizing on the authentic ones? The come in numbered sizes instead of S/M/L and im not sure how to measure them up. Im 5'9'' and have no clue what size I should get.

If the throwbacks are the ones with the Stars on the sleeves then yes those are the best ones, only one id want if I bought one...Really need to look into how much for the authentic Barber...what site did you use to check?

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 12-11-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If they throwbacks are the ones with the Stars on the sleeves then yes those are the best ones, only one id want if I bought one...Really need to look into how much for the authentic Barber...what site did you use to check?
It was on the cowboys pro shop or the nfl pro shop, I think those are the only places to get authentic customized ones.