Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Quick question for everyone on here.... How likely do you think it is that we resign newman? I love him, as do all of us on here, but does anyone think Jerry might make a strange move and let Newman go somewhere else?

X-Mas is right around the corner and my girlfriend is about to order me an authentic T New jersey (have to get it customized since they dont sell them) and I'm worried we wont resign him.

I'd probably still get the Jersey anyways because I will support Newman wherever he goes and he was awesome thus far as a cowboy, but those things do cost around $280 on the 'boys pro shop so Im trying to make sure I wont be pissed at myself later...

There is no reason for us to let him go, and I would actually hate Jerry for doing it, but it is possible. What are your guys thoughts?
I think the only reasons to let him go are:
1) Money
2) Age

I honestly don't know if hes staying for sure. Trufant is going to hit the market too I think. Trufant will be turning 27 on Christmas and Newman will be hitting 30 in September of next year.

As for jersey type, I absolutely love our blue away jerseys. If you are considering buying authentic you'll probably want to try one on in a store. The sleeves are cuffed and there some elasticity on the sides; near your rib cage. The collar is also kind of tight. So you definitely want to get the sizing right. Wouldn't hurt to see how it'll look on you too. If you decide to not take the authentic jersey route, theres always replithentic jerseys.

Last edited by dc4life : 12-11-2007 at 11:21 PM.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLshop has a buying guide...which explains the sizing chart...should be on the page where you are buying the jersey...I would look but don't feel like it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the hate that JJ gets...if he was willing to sign a cheaper deal...I would take him back. Is a scat back really going to be that much better after contact? More explosive in the open field? More decisive at the LOS? I really don't see any of this...plus you lose out on a very above-average blocker which I would consider JJ....with a scatback in the backfield and can show your play selection easier...than a versatile back that can catch and block.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
For all the hate that JJ gets...if he was willing to sign a cheaper deal...I would take him back. Is a scat back really going to be that much better after contact? More explosive in the open field? More decisive at the LOS? I really don't see any of this...plus you lose out on a very above-average blocker which I would consider JJ....with a scatback in the backfield and can show your play selection easier...than a versatile back that can catch and block.
I wouldn't want a scat back as in a Leon Washington type... Not sure what other on here are hoping for, but when I talk about bringing in a speed guy with either our second 1st rounder (which is probably too high but it depends on who is still around) or our second rounder I am looking for a Slaton type guy. Someone who can handle 10 carries a game and be fine.

I hadn't monitored the run blocking that everyone has been relatively critical of all year until the Detroit game and I actually saw some great blocking that JJ didn't take advantage of.

Maybe I just caught the o-line on a good day, but I noticed that JJ cannot plant and cut, he sorta just slows down and tries to change direction by shortening his steps to something that almost looks like a stutter step. If he had cutting ability, there was plenty of room for him to hit gaps and make it up to the second level. However, even if JJ did make it to the second level, its not like he could do much. Therein lies his next problem -- on the rare occasion that he does get past the linebackers, he can't make any moves 1 on 1 to get past the safety. The guy cant create anything for himself. He has to have the freakin golden brick road paved for him in order for him to do anything (saints game last year)

I just think a Steve Slaton type who has speed and isn't overly fragile (I know people have mentioned tashard choice, but he just doesnt seem to have great playing speed to me. certainly not break away NFL speed) would take advantage of those opportunities.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
I think the only reasons to let him go are:
1) Money
2) Age

I honestly don't know if hes staying for sure. Trufant is going to hit the market too I think. Trufant will be turning 27 on Christmas and Newman will be hitting 30 in September of next year.

As for jersey type, I absolutely love our blue away jerseys. If you are considering buying authentic you'll probably want to try one on in a store. The sleeves are cuffed and there some elasticity on the sides; near your rib cage. The collar is also kind of tight. So you definitely want to get the sizing right. Wouldn't hurt to see how it'll look on you too. If you decide to not take the authentic jersey route, theres always replithentic jerseys.
Well screw it...

Newman is star in my mind and even if he does leave ill rock his jersey. True boys fans will know whats up haha.

I think I'm going to go with the throw back though. I have a Roy throw back which is sick, except I dont like supporting roy so I hardly ever wear it.

I discovered I need a size 48(equivalent to a M) or 50(equivalent to a L). I tried on my roomates Authentic LT which was a size 50 and it was a pretty good fit so hopefully the pro shop stops acting *** and lets her actually place an order with the appropriate size.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I like Slaton alot in our offense. I think that we could be really creative with him on our team. However he doesn't run block and he isn't going to get you a lot of yards after contact. He isn't going to be successful running between the tackles..and it's not going to be as easy for him to get the edge in the NFL. So while I love his versatility....I'm not sold on him being a upgrade to JJ.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Slaton alot in our offense. I think that we could be really creative with him on our team. However he doesn't run block and he isn't going to get you a lot of yards after contact. He isn't going to be successful running between the tackles..and it's not going to be as easy for him to get the edge in the NFL. So while I love his versatility....I'm not sold on him being a upgrade to JJ.
Anyone in particular that you think is in our range and could be an upgrade? IMO they don't necessarily have to be anything special between the tackles, just adequate enough to keep the defense honest.

I just think a player with better vision than Julius would make a huge difference. Even though Julius goes down on arm tackles, if he knew how to cut and use a little vision he could still pick up 4 of 5 yards instead of the measly 2-3 he sticks us with.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anyone in particular that you think is in our range and could be an upgrade? IMO they don't necessarily have to be anything special between the tackles, just adequate enough to keep the defense honest.

I just think a player with better vision than Julius would make a huge difference. Even though Julius goes down on arm tackles, if he knew how to cut and use a little vision he could still pick up 4 of 5 yards instead of the measly 2-3 he sticks us with.
While I'm disappointed with JJ...I think he does stuff that a rookie can't. For instance blocking is huge...and JJ is great...parcells always talked about his backs in pass protection...JJ is great in this catagory. Not only this he can run between the tackles and on the edges. Whether he can bust a big play or not hasn't been seen recently...but he also has good hands.

So I guess the real question you have to ask yourself is....how much are you going to have to pay him to keep him around. If you feel like you can get him for a reasonable deal...which I think is do able....than you don't risk the draft pick and a rookie. Worst comes to worst....you switch the rotation....maybe there are some numbers cap wise that we don't understand. Bottomline is....there aren't a lot of upgrades from a rookie that we could see right away. And unless JJ is looking for starting money...which isn't easy on the FA market being a RB....he should be a bargin over a rookie..because he basically has no bust factor.

I really like Aldridge.....I love his ability to run anywhere....and his ability to contribute to special teams....which I think Slaton could do as well. But Aldridge is a good college pass blocker....playing in a pass happy scheme he has to be. I'm not sold Aldridge is a upgrade over JJ...but I think his cost would be considerably cheaper...considering that JJ isn't resigned. He would likely only require a 2nd day pick....which isn't much of an investment...looking at the percentage of 2nd day guys who actually make the team.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
While I'm disappointed with JJ...I think he does stuff that a rookie can't. For instance blocking is huge...and JJ is great...parcells always talked about his backs in pass protection...JJ is great in this catagory. Not only this he can run between the tackles and on the edges. Whether he can bust a big play or not hasn't been seen recently...but he also has good hands.

So I guess the real question you have to ask yourself is....how much are you going to have to pay him to keep him around. If you feel like you can get him for a reasonable deal...which I think is do able....than you don't risk the draft pick and a rookie. Worst comes to worst....you switch the rotation....maybe there are some numbers cap wise that we don't understand. Bottomline is....there aren't a lot of upgrades from a rookie that we could see right away. And unless JJ is looking for starting money...which isn't easy on the FA market being a RB....he should be a bargin over a rookie..because he basically has no bust factor.

I really like Aldridge.....I love his ability to run anywhere....and his ability to contribute to special teams....which I think Slaton could do as well. But Aldridge is a good college pass blocker....playing in a pass happy scheme he has to be. I'm not sold Aldridge is a upgrade over JJ...but I think his cost would be considerably cheaper...considering that JJ isn't resigned. He would likely only require a 2nd day pick....which isn't much of an investment...looking at the percentage of 2nd day guys who actually make the team.
It will be interesting to see if anyone goes after JJ. I think there are probably a handful of teams who are willing to overpay him. He'll say he needs to be the feature back and be allowed to get in a rhythm, Im sure his agent will go to a zone blocking team and pitch them the notion that Julius could really excel in a scheme like that.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if anyone goes after JJ. I think there are probably a handful of teams who are willing to overpay him. He'll say he needs to be the feature back and be allowed to get in a rhythm, Im sure his agent will go to a zone blocking team and pitch them the notion that Julius could really excel in a scheme like that.
Well I remember bring up JJ winning one on one battles about a month ago.

Well Breer from the dmn blog brought up this point...and how we worked in JJ early in the detroit game in his film review.

I got to say I agree with everything here...and only think Garrett will find more and more ways to get JJ in favorable situations.

Quote:
A while back it was said here that Julius Jones is better running behind zone blocking. The game’s first drive brings more evidence. On the fourth play from scrimmage, the Cowboys ran inside zone, and the Lions did a good job holding the point. Recognizing this, and the lack of a cutback lane, Jones bounced the play outside and picked up 8 yards. On the next play, the Cowboys ran a “Boss” play, a toss with the play-side tackle pulling. Jones followed his blocks, flattening out, then slashing inside Marc Colombo’s block to seal the outside for 7 yards.

It’s these plays where Jones excels. If he’s put in a position to read the defense, plant his foot and make one cut into a seam, he can be a very good back. It’s when he’s got to beat a defender one-on-one that he’s indecisive.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Newman still has 1 year left on his deal after this season.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
gansevoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I think this is the first time a poster has responded to himself.
I was responding to Cowboy4ever. Looks like some punctuation got lost so the quote did not show up in its text box.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
gansevoort

Quote:

You just should not keep mediocre veterans at positions which are easily replaced cheaply in the draft.

To say keep JJ b/c he just won't ask for LT money seems wrong. Let him walk and find a better situation. Use that CAP relief for something else that can be better than mediocre.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
gansevoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
As predicted by me in the declaration thread:

We will go 12-4 (at worst) and win the NFC.

We will rack up 50 sacks for the year.

Romo will be named NFC player of the year.

We will draft a corner in the first round.

After being banned for the umpteenth time a new poster will appear.

We will resign Crayton.

We will sweep the Eagles.

T.O. will not have a blowup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New posters are not welcomed? You just a hater dude?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansevoort View Post
New posters are not welcomed? You just a hater dude?
Please...stop it...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Newman still has 1 year left on his deal after this season.
TRUE, but he can opt out of his final year... Unless he has some major cowboy loyalty and wants to hang around for chump change in hopes of collecting big time next offseason, I doubt that he doesn't opt out.

He's in his prime right now, age will become more of a concern after next year when teams realize he is going to be 31, and there is always the possibility of injury.

No way Newman doesn't opt out and look to collect the money that he deserves this year.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys signed Alan Ball off the practice sqaud...we released Remi to make room for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansevoort View Post
I was responding to Cowboy4ever. Looks like some punctuation got lost so the quote did not show up in its text box.
no one cares that you keep showing up, just stop trying so hard...

Quote:
TRUE, but he can opt out of his final year... Unless he has some major cowboy loyalty and wants to hang around for chump change in hopes of collecting big time next offseason, I doubt that he doesn't opt out.

He's in his prime right now, age will become more of a concern after next year when teams realize he is going to be 31, and there is always the possibility of injury.

No way Newman doesn't opt out and look to collect the money that he deserves this year.
I think he stays here, I know he's old and guys like Trufant are younger, but i dont think you can get rid of everyone as soon as they get 30, maybe roy more then likely, but T New should be able to be a cowboy until 33 at the least if he can stay healthy and keep a high level of play, we will draft a db 1st rd this year who can take his spot, and then were pretty set at the location...I dont mind keeping him at his age as long as we have young guys who are capable of starting behind him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO sounding off on Keyshaun Johnson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3152144
Quote:
Terrell Owens, unusually quiet this season, but never at a loss for words when the occasion required it, responded forcefully Wednesday to comments made last weekend by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson, now an analyst on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown."

On the show, Johnson said he believed former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells -- now also an analyst with ESPN -- deserves credit for what the Dallas team looks like now, with a 12-1 record.

In Dallas, Owens sharply criticized Johnson for defending Parcells, saying, "I challenge him to come down here and take my job. ESPN producers, let him go."

Asked in the locker room why Johnson would take the position he did Sunday, Owens said: "I'm probably the reason he's in the booth now. He's going to be a hater and throw me under the bus because he has to defend Bill. He won a Super Bowl and all, but you'd have to check the roster to know he was even on the team.

"We came out in the same year. He was a first-rounder and I was a third. Go compare our stats. He couldn't come down here now and be a third or fourth receiver on this team. Just compare our stats."

Owens swung between addressing the Cowboys-as-built-by-Parcells theory and responding to Johnson's comments.

"It's not a matter of me giving or not giving Bill credit," Owens said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "Everybody wants to make a big deal, that this is the team he built. It doesn't matter. ... My thing is give credit to Wade [Phillips]. The difference between Wade and Parcells is this: Parcells, he didn't use me as a playmaker; Wade, he got the staff, and that's what I'm being used as.

"Plain and simple, without trying to be negative or anything. I'm being used as a playmaker, and as I said, the proof is in the pudding."

And then back to delivering a verbal barrage at Johnson:

"Those guys are probably talking about me, chopping it up, drinking coffee," Owens said. "They can have their little pity party and talk about me all day long. It doesn't bother me. There's a lot of people on the ESPN panel and across the country that has observed what has happened this year versus last year. And there's a lot of people that just don't want to give credit for what Wade has done and what wasn't done last year. That's it. I'm not trying to be negative."

I agree with TO and they always talk about him not having a blow up or being negative but they nitpick with him and try to provoke him...Keyshaun is a good analyst but as far as a NFL wr he still sucks at this point, for him to be out of the same draft as TO, TO to be playing at this high of a level as he is, and Keyshaun lost his job to Dwayne Jarret, so that says alot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
TO sounding off on Keyshaun Johnson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3152144

I agree with TO and they always talk about him not having a blow up or being negative but they nitpick with him and try to provoke him...Keyshaun is a good analyst but as far as a NFL wr he still sucks at this point, for him to be out of the same draft as TO, TO to be playing at this high of a level as he is, and Keyshaun lost his job to Dwayne Jarret, so that says alot...
Those two really do hate each other.

MeShawn and loves me some me ........ peas in a pod.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think he stays here, I know he's old and guys like Trufant are younger, but i dont think you can get rid of everyone as soon as they get 30, maybe roy more then likely, but T New should be able to be a cowboy until 33 at the least if he can stay healthy and keep a high level of play, we will draft a db 1st rd this year who can take his spot, and then were pretty set at the location...I dont mind keeping him at his age as long as we have young guys who are capable of starting behind him...
More the reason why spending a first, and maybe a third, is a good idea in 2008.

Need to get younger.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

With regaurds to Keyshawn his last year here I thought he was the MVP of the offense...he played that good...when he wasn't brought back I was a bit disappointed...but I agree with TO...he wouldn' be the 3rd or 4th WR on the team this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's wrong to take 1 bit of credit away from Phillips for what he has done with the team this year. If Parcells wanted the glory, he should've stayed. But honestly, I think it has turned out better than it would have if BP was still here. With Parcells we'd be 9-4 right about now. That's my guess. Now, I'm not hating on Parcells, because he does deserve a hell of a lot of credit. I think BOTH Wade and Parcells get credit along with the rest of the coaching staff here. ...but no one should get as much credit as Jerry Jones himself.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think it's wrong to take 1 bit of credit away from Phillips for what he has done with the team this year. If Parcells wanted the glory, he should've stayed. But honestly, I think it has turned out better than it would have if BP was still here. With Parcells we'd be 9-4 right about now. That's my guess. Now, I'm not hating on Parcells, because he does deserve a hell of a lot of credit. I think BOTH Wade and Parcells get credit along with the rest of the coaching staff here. ...but no one should get as much credit as Jerry Jones himself.
Agreed. I heard that interview on Sunday followed by Key's comments, and I thought he was off-base when he made them. TO wasn't dissing BP with his comments at all, but he was praising the job that the current staff has done. Key got very defensive and just basically (or maybe literally, I can't remember now) called Wade "Barry Switzer Jr." That's just plain ignorant.

I know Key is BP guy, and I can respect that, but he needs to detach himself a little when he's in his analyst role--the way Aikman does when he covers Cowboy games.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7556604?MSNHPHMA

Good story about Terry Glenn's return to practice today.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote