Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Im excited for terry as well. I'm still unsure how well he will be able to perform, but if he can play like he did last year for these final games, it would add a whole new dimension to offense. The run game should benefit from having both him and T.O. on the field at the same time. things across the middle should open up for witten. This could be huge for us.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually got all home play-off tickets for this season because I bought season tix for next year. I'm planning on attending this week's game and probably selling the one's for the championship game. I live in LA and it's too much to travel back and forth like that. So the thing I'm most looking forward to is just being there for the game. I've never been to an NFL play-off game, let alone one in Dallas.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I actually got all home play-off tickets for this season because I bought season tix for next year. I'm planning on attending this week's game and probably selling the one's for the championship game. I live in LA and it's too much to travel back and forth like that. So the thing I'm most looking forward to is just being there for the game. I've never been to an NFL play-off game, let alone one in Dallas.
Thats rad. I wish I had the initiative to travel over there and go to the game.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Cowboy fans, I got a question that I need some insight on. With all these teams interviewing Garrett, not to mention that he is reportedly interviewing well, and Jerry Jones mancrush on him; depending on how this season turns out will Jerry fire Wade Phillips just so as not to lose Jason Garrett? Any insight on my thought is greatly appreciated.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Alright Cowboy fans, I got a question that I need some insight on. With all these teams interviewing Garrett, not to mention that he is reportedly interviewing well, and Jerry Jones mancrush on him; depending on how this season turns out will Jerry fire Wade Phillips just so as not to lose Jason Garrett? Any insight on my thought is greatly appreciated.
Well the skinny on the talk shows is if Wade loses he is fired. Not my idea, just repeating.

That way Jerry Jones can keep his coach.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much changes on here in 10 days...it's crazy.

I'm so nervous this time of the year...this game just needs to get here already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Garrett would be crazy to jump ship for a head coaching job with another team right now. All of those teams are in rebuilding mode and he will be the next Cowboys coach. He's still young so he has plenty of time to learn the ropes before he takes over. Plus, imo he owes Jerry Jones for hiring him. Everyone questioned the move, now everyone wants him.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Garrett is great, but it would be unfair to fire Phillips after one year. He has a pretty good track record in big D so far.

By the way, I will be attending my first Cowboys game ever this weekend. Found a ticket (nosebleeds, I think). I will be sitting by myself, but really dont care. I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have waited a long time to go to a game.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I think Garrett is great, but it would be unfair to fire Phillips after one year. He has a pretty good track record in big D so far.

By the way, I will be attending my first Cowboys game ever this weekend. Found a ticket (nosebleeds, I think). I will be sitting by myself, but really dont care. I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have waited a long time to go to a game.
Nice man. You'll enjoy it no matter where you sit. Especially in a playoff game. I went to my first game this season also (St. Louis Game) and got to witness the botched shotgun snap, and the ridiculous Romo scramble after. It was awesome. Nothing compares to going to a live game. Hope you have a good time, and hopefully watch the Boys beat up on the Gmen.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really pumped!!!

I have to say, the Gmen always worry me. The defensive ends are havok wreakers. I hope we stomp them, but I have an uneasy feeling.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a thread a little below this said Owens practiced on Monday. But I'm not sure that is true. I read he did a little bit of a walk through the other day, but then couldn't even do that yesterday. Don't know what he did today. Is this all correct?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know a thread a little below this said Owens practiced on Monday. But I'm not sure that is true. I read he did a little bit of a walk through the other day, but then couldn't even do that yesterday. Don't know what he did today. Is this all correct?
According to this blog he practiced today.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...0/1055615.aspx

Like the blog stated, we'll have to wait and see what Phillips says in his press conference today.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
According to this blog he practiced today.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...0/1055615.aspx

Like the blog stated, we'll have to wait and see what Phillips says in his press conference today.
Yeah, I actually just read that in a different blog. Although the other blog said he wasn't making cut at all and was rounding out all his routes. I was just confused because a thread a bit lower than this said he practice Monday which I was lead to believe was completely false.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story.../10/19626/6074
Old 01-10-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logic says we'll lose. But don't worry folks...

I'm Guranteeing a victory! LOL! Das right! D-Unit is guaranteeing it! Put that on your bulletin boards Giants fans!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I was thinking logic would say we should win. I still think we have more talent than the semen gmen. If we lose, I will have to hear it at work from the cowboy haters...

Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, folks, to solve any crime you have to follow the money. Always follow the money trail and you eventually end up with the true mastermind.

The Vegas Lines for the game are as follows:

To win $100 on the money line (straight up win, no points) you have to lay $330 on the Cowboys. (Thus Vegas is figuring a 3:1 odd of the Cowboys winning straight up since the $30 is the juice that you lay up front in Vegas instead of paying on the back end with a local bookie).

Dallas is a 7.5 point favorite, up from 7 point favorite Monday. This means more money is flowing to the Dallas side than the NY side at 7 points.

For those of you that don't bet or who aren't familiar with a way a bookie makes money; Vegas doesn't care who wins. The lines are floating because Vegas, in a perfect scenario, would want the exact amount of money bet on both sides of the bet. Vegas wants to even out the bets because Vegas (and I use the term Vegas to be symbolic of any entity taking money on the games) wins the Juice on all lost bets. Typical Juice is 10% of the wager. Ideally Vegas, if the bets were equal on both sides, would net 5% of all the action.

If the bets are one sided, Vegas shifts the odds to match. The original oddsmakers set the initial line (and trust me, they know more about the games than anyone not employed by the teams playing) but the volume of betting changes changes the lines over time.

If Vegas really thought there was a good chance of the NYG upsetting the 'Boys, the money line wouldn't be +265 for the G'Men.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Interesting LSU. I love your insight. Unfortunately, I am not smart enough to follow what you said. But I got your point. The Cowboys should win.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya LSU I saw the same thing..it seems you can't find a person in the media right now who is leaning dallas...then you go look at the odds and the moneyline and your reassured we are the favorite.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically it boils down to this. There is too much money involved for too many people for it to be even close to a 50:50 chance that Cowboys lose this game.

The 'Boys are a solid 3:1 favorite to win the game.

The notion that it's hard to beat a team 3 times in the same year is a urban legend. Since the NFL/AFL merger a team has faced another team 3 times in a season on 17 different occasions. 11 of those times they have beaten the other team for the 3rd time in a season.

Here's some other food for thought:

In 2006, the Bears barely beat the lowly lions by 4 points, the lowly Bucs by 3 points and lost to the Packers by 19 points going into the playoffs. They made it to the Super Bowl.

2006, Colts go 2-3 in December, win Super Bowl.

2006, Seattle goes 2-3 in December, wins divisional round playoff game.

2006, Chargers go undefeated in December, lose first playoff game.

You can find these stories in every single year of the NFL during the salary cap era (BTW, the 1995 Cowboys went 2-2 in December and won the SB).

Teams coming off Bye's since 2004 win 64% of their games in the NFL. The weak off is a HUGE advantage.

Dallas wins by 6+ points is my prediction. Predicting scores is a silly undertaking but I will either way. I think the score is 31-24 Dallas wins.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Well, folks, to solve any crime you have to follow the money. Always follow the money trail and you eventually end up with the true mastermind.

The Vegas Lines for the game are as follows:

To win $100 on the money line (straight up win, no points) you have to lay $330 on the Cowboys. (Thus Vegas is figuring a 3:1 odd of the Cowboys winning straight up since the $30 is the juice that you lay up front in Vegas instead of paying on the back end with a local bookie).

Dallas is a 7.5 point favorite, up from 7 point favorite Monday. This means more money is flowing to the Dallas side than the NY side at 7 points.

For those of you that don't bet or who aren't familiar with a way a bookie makes money; Vegas doesn't care who wins. The lines are floating because Vegas, in a perfect scenario, would want the exact amount of money bet on both sides of the bet. Vegas wants to even out the bets because Vegas (and I use the term Vegas to be symbolic of any entity taking money on the games) wins the Juice on all lost bets. Typical Juice is 10% of the wager. Ideally Vegas, if the bets were equal on both sides, would net 5% of all the action.

If the bets are one sided, Vegas shifts the odds to match. The original oddsmakers set the initial line (and trust me, they know more about the games than anyone not employed by the teams playing) but the volume of betting changes changes the lines over time.

If Vegas really thought there was a good chance of the NYG upsetting the 'Boys, the money line wouldn't be +265 for the G'Men.
One thing I learned from betting. Is that the Cowboys lines are always messed up. There is no doubt you guys are the favorites but the lines are always shifted for the Cowboys because the sheer number of fans they have across the country, similar to the Yankees. Their odds are always a bit bigger than they should be because Vegas knows Cowboys fans will bet the Cowboys regardless. It is more evident in preseason lines to win the NFC, Superbowl, etc, but it is always there.

Also the lines don't always neccesarily shift with the way the action is coming in. A lot, maybe even most of the time it does, but Vegas does set the public up for sucker bets. Where 80% of the money is coming in one way, and the line doesn't shift.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
One thing I learned from betting. Is that the Cowboys lines are always messed up. There is no doubt you guys are the favorites but the lines are always shifted for the Cowboys because the sheer number of fans they have across the country, similar to the Yankees. Their odds are always a bit bigger than they should be because Vegas knows Cowboys fans will bet the Cowboys regardless. It is more evident in preseason lines to win the NFC, Superbowl, etc, but it is always there.

Also the lines don't always neccesarily shift with the way the action is coming in. A lot, maybe even most of the time it does, but Vegas does set the public up for sucker bets. Where 80% of the money is coming in one way, and the line doesn't shift.

I could see where alot of action would come the Cowboys way based on fan numbers, but if you think Vegas doesn't shift the lines when the majority of the money is on one side as a 'sucker bet' then you're sorely misinformed. Vegas doesn't want to run the risk of having 80% (as you say) of the money on one side because even if it is unlikely, if it happened it would be devastating.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 01-11-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I could see where alot of action would come the Cowboys way based on fan numbers, but if you think Vegas doesn't shift the lines when the majority of the money is on one side as a 'sucker bet' then you're sorely misinformed. Vegas doesn't want to run the risk of having 80% (as you say) of the money on one side because even if it is unlikely, if it happened it would be devastating.
Vegas does do this. It isn't very often but it does happen. They release the lines in Vegas before they release it to the public. They let the professional handicappers, who don't work for them, get the lines first and see how they bet. Then they adjust it based on their action before they release it to the public. If the public bets the other way from these experts, a lot of time they do leave the line in tact. I forget exactly what game it was, but I know it happened in a Cinci game this year and Vegas killed on it. I know Vegas is in the business of taking their 5-10% and are happy with that but these situations do occur.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see this? Freaking awesome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C9Z0kw4ieDw

Check out Witten w/ the bandana and Tony is the man...haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

This is hilarious!!!