Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOHOOO!!! Looks like Barber is starting tomorrow. About time http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...2/1059588.aspx Also....http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3193599
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:15 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I didnt see that coming. I am not sure it matters anyway, though. Everyone knows who is on the field when the chips are down, anyway. Julius knows it too.

Too bad he got his feelings hurt. But he should have got over it a long time ago. He hasnt been on the field much in the important situations. The writing has been on the wall.

I dont have anything against Julius, really. Someone said on this forum that he does what he is coached to do. Run where the play is designed to go as fast as he can. I never thought to put it on paper that way, but whoever wrote that was right.

With the exception of early in his career, I have always thought his two problems were a) his vision sucks and b) he somewho almost always goes down on initial contact.

We could have worse, but we have better. So let the Barbarian fight.

And too think how excited I was about Julius after his first year. Anyone else remember the last eight games of his first year? That seems like so long ago, now.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius will get a nice sized contract in free agency. Personally, I hope that he goes somewhere and performs. I've always liked JJ and really wish he could've been more productive for us.

Does anyone have a list of FA RB's? It would be interesting to see who is available. I'd almost rather see a veteran come in than a rookie.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they were saying the other day, I think on ESPN, that when JJ was in the game other teams just gave up on the run and played pass defense. When Barber is in the game our play action passes are much more effective. This will let us know exactly where we need to draft a RB though. A first round concern or will Barber play well enough to make RB a non issue or later round pick. I think we might come out a little rusty but by the 2nd quarter we will be "clicking". I'm taking the Boys 34-20. Eli comes back down to earth and becomes frustrated and hurrased all day. GO BOYS!!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Julius will get a nice sized contract in free agency. Personally, I hope that he goes somewhere and performs. I've always liked JJ and really wish he could've been more productive for us.

Does anyone have a list of FA RB's? It would be interesting to see who is available. I'd almost rather see a veteran come in than a rookie.

They are mostly BLAH!! Heres a list.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/...eagentsRB.html
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
They are mostly BLAH!! Heres a list.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/...eagentsRB.html
I think Turner or Ward would be worth taking a look at. However, I think Turner will command a pretty high price tag that we'd be unwilling to pay.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for Roy Williams and Jacque Reeves to go. They were pretty much responsible for how we played on defense. Can't blame Romo - the Giants' front beat us down at the end of the game and he had no time at all. Crayton stunk it up today too. Man... this sucks.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there wasn't enough hate for Williams and Reeves already....there sure is now....I don't know if it's possible but could Roy play himself out of dallas this second half of the year? When teams see Roy or Reeves in man to man coverage they don't look another direction....I can't believe how blatant Eli was today...and we couldn't do anything to stop it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If there wasn't enough hate for Williams and Reeves already....there sure is now....I don't know if it's possible but could Roy play himself out of dallas this second half of the year? When teams see Roy or Reeves in man to man coverage they don't look another direction....I can't believe how blatant Eli was today...and we couldn't do anything to stop it.
Pretty much explains how we lost the game. The play that ended Roy's time in Dallas for me was the quick throw to Bradshaw, who just ran him over. Then Reeves, the Human Target, must've had money on the Giants.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reeves has to go. I saw multiple times he was 8-10 yards off of the receiver. You can't give up 5-6 b/c you are scared about getting beat in the RED ZONE. They also need a new Defensive Coordinator. You cannot give up a TD with 47 seconds left in the first half and keep your job. Period. I mean, how can you play zone? Might as well take everyone off the field and give them a TD. Romo needs to grow up too. On that second to last drive he didn't throw the ball away or try to throw it up to Hurd (who was wide open down the field) and took a sack for a loss of 14 yards. Then a couple of plays later he is in the pocket and just throws the ball out of bounds for a grounding call. Pathetic. You can't have those plays period but in that situation they should never happen. Then Crayton drops a sure 50-60 yard catch and slows up on a go route to the corner of the end zone that falls out of his reach in the end zone. Crayton needs to go too. You can't make those drops and mistakes in a playoff game.

They have some major issues to address before I think they will be ready to get to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

Not to mention Gurode. Snapping the ball has to be the easiest thing in football and he messed that up multiple times in the shotgun. They should see what they could get for him. No matter how good a blocker he is if he can't snap the ball he should not be out there.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Reeves and Williams, but it would be foolish to get rid of Crayton based on today's performance. The dude has a very bright future and I'm sure he's just as pissed at himself right now as we are. Those mistakes were uncharacteristic of him. You can't say the same about Roy and Reeves.
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOSH we lost...but I have a slight feeling that your overreacting.

Designs by me
Quote:
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Here we go with overreactions...
Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

On the bright side....MB3 showed he can dominate a game in the first half. 26 carries are you serious....we had a great offensive gameplan....can't give enough props to Garrett this week...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Tough game fellas....great season though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
On the bright side....MB3 showed he can dominate a game in the first half. 26 carries are you serious....we had a great offensive gameplan....can't give enough props to Garrett this week...
I thought we were pretty blah on offense. We just ran on first down much more than we usually do. And 2nd and 10 was a run down almost the whole game.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

Quote:
NOSH we lost...but I have a slight feeling that your overreacting.
What is the overreaction? Gurode couldn't snap the ball on time in the shotgun. Really, how hard is that. They have practice squad guys that can do that. Crayton at best will be a No. 3 receiver and he made two HUGE mistakes. You never give on a play and he dropped a pass that was in his hands. Maybe he shouldn't go but they should only resign him for cheap. The calls on D at certain points in the game were questionable to say the least. You can't play 10 yards off both outside receivers in the red zone. At least get rid of those plays. I like Romo as the QB and think he should be there for a long time but he needs to stop trying to make the big play when he can't. If there are three guys closing in on you and there is nothing open, throw it away. He can't take a sack in that situation. The grounding call can't happen. Period. No pressure on him and he just throws it out of bounds away from everyone.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ya I agree with you there...if I had one complaint it was that we weren't running on 2nd down. Atleast in the 2nd half we didn't. Would have been nice to see a quick pass to TO on first down...and then run on 2nd and 5.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man is it gonna be a long offseason. I really didn't want to lose like that. I'd rather have the Giants come in and just beat us. Between my Ducks and the Cowboys, I really feel screwed over as a fan. Both teams are much better than how they finished and really had a lot of stuff working against them.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OVERREACTIONS?!?!?

We have to wait 7 months to play another game. Do you ******* realize that? 7 MONTHS!!

A 13-3 season, with the most talented football team in recent memory, maybe NFL History, and we lose to the giants. Living in Connecticut I am going to get crucified tomarrow. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!?!?!!?

WHAT THE *********************** is Crayton doing. His drop on 3rd down cost us the game. He is supposed to has good hands. Not only that, but he stopped on a would-be game-winning TD. Crayton, Henry, and Reeves lost us this game.

If I am Jerry Jones I give up #22 for DeAngelo Hall right now.

What a joke. Do you realize it is over. OVER.

The front 7 and the offense besides crayton did there job. So did Newman and Hamlin. We just suck against the pass. It's the bottom line. Newman wasn't even THROWN AT today.

If i'm jerry I call Atlanta right now, plain and simple.

Happy off-season guys.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSH View Post
What is the overreaction? Gurode couldn't snap the ball on time in the shotgun. Really, how hard is that. They have practice squad guys that can do that. Crayton at best will be a No. 3 receiver and he made two HUGE mistakes. You never give on a play and he dropped a pass that was in his hands. Maybe he shouldn't go but they should only resign him for cheap. The calls on D at certain points in the game were questionable to say the least. You can't play 10 yards off both outside receivers in the red zone. At least get rid of those plays. I like Romo as the QB and think he should be there for a long time but he needs to stop trying to make the big play when he can't. If there are three guys closing in on you and there is nothing open, throw it away. He can't take a sack in that situation. The grounding call can't happen. Period. No pressure on him and he just throws it out of bounds away from everyone.
Crayton made a huge play where he went up and got the jump ball...he bailed romo out on that throw. While Crayton did drop that ball....you could understand he was looking ahead to make the big play.

Did we get burned by playing our corners off 10 yards in the redzone? I don't think so.

While watching Romo play...you can't praise him for making plays and then knock him for the same thing.....that shuffle pass to witten was the exact same situation as the sack on the other side. Romo getting sacked the 2nd time was the exact same way he made the throw to Crayton....you have to take the goods with the bads.

The last thing you bring up is my biggest problem with your post. The route was a miscommunication between the QB and the WR...I'm almost positive it was Glenn who was on the side of the field running a route...are you saying if it's a WR option that maybe thier was a misunderstand due to the lack of chemistry...thats what I got from both Wade and Romo's reactions...but then again Troy and Buck didn't say that...so I guess maybe I'm in the minority.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Man is it gonna be a long offseason. I really didn't want to lose like that. I'd rather have the Giants come in and just beat us. Between my Ducks and the Cowboys, I really feel screwed over as a fan. Both teams are much better than how they finished and really had a lot of stuff working against them.
Ya, about everything we could do wrong we did in this game...props to the Giants...but it's hard to not feel let down with our performance today.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OVERREACTIONS?!?!?

We have to wait 7 months to play another game. Do you ******* realize that? 7 MONTHS!!

A 13-3 season, with the most talented football team in recent memory, maybe NFL History, and we lose to the giants. Living in Connecticut I am going to get crucified tomarrow. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!?!?!!?

WHAT THE *********************** is Crayton doing. His drop on 3rd down cost us the game. He is supposed to has good hands. Not only that, but he stopped on a would-be game-winning TD. Crayton, Henry, and Reeves lost us this game.

If I am Jerry Jones I give up #22 for DeAngelo Hall right now.

What a joke. Do you realize it is over. OVER.

The front 7 and the offense besides crayton did there job. So did Newman and Hamlin. We just suck against the pass. It's the bottom line. Newman wasn't even THROWN AT today.

If i'm jerry I call Atlanta right now, plain and simple.

Happy off-season guys.
That is exactly what the F i'm talking about when I say overreactions....lol one day you'll learn.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

Quote:
Crayton made a huge play where he went up and got the jump ball...he bailed romo out on that throw. While Crayton did drop that ball....you could understand he was looking ahead to make the big play.

Did we get burned by playing our corners off 10 yards in the redzone? I don't think so.

While watching Romo play...you can't praise him for making plays and then knock him for the same thing.....that shuffle pass to witten was the exact same situation as the sack on the other side. Romo getting sacked the 2nd time was the exact same way he made the throw to Crayton....you have to take the goods with the bads.

The last thing you bring up is my biggest problem with your post. The route was a miscommunication between the QB and the WR...I'm almost positive it was Glenn who was on the side of the field running a route...are you saying if it's a WR option that maybe thier was a misunderstand due to the lack of chemistry...thats what I got from both Wade and Romo's reactions...but then again Troy and Buck didn't say that...so I guess maybe I'm in the minority.
First of all there is a HUGE difference in the shuffle pass and the taken sack later in the game. Romo had room in front of him and there wasn't anyone near him to hit him on the shuffle pass. On the taken sack there were THREE guys literally breathing down his neck and he REFUSED to throw the ball away.

It was not a miscommunication. From what I say it was a go route to the corner of the end zone (yes it was Crayton) and he was going full speed then slowed down (like he was lost) and then sped up again once he saw Romo throw to him. He gave up on the route. Plain and simple. He didn't make a move inside or outside or attempt to make a cut and come back. He gave up. You can't do that.

We did get burned playing our corners 10 yards off the receivers b/c they still picked up chunks of yards (5-6). We didn't stop them in the red zone.

And no, I can't understand how Crayton can look ahead on that play. He has to catch the ball. Period. It is third down and he has to make that catch. If he was scared of getting hit he shouldn't make plays towards the middle of the field. He was the biggest reason the Cowboys lost.