Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-28-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
How about NT? I know they are extremely hard to find and realisticly you might not be able to get one in the draft, but wouldn't that be the Cowboys biggest need over O-line?
I was actually thinking about either Tank Tyler or Amobi Okoye with the first round pick. If we can finish off our D-Line with a solid, young NT then why the hell not?
I'm on the side that I think NT is a huge need, but I'm not completely sold on either of those guys. It's not Vince Wilfork we're talking about here...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Dang this may be the most hyped Cowboys-Giants game in quite some time. NY media, and national media isn't getting off this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Dang this may be the most hyped Cowboys-Giants game in quite some time. NY media, and national media isn't getting off this one.
It's only going to make it all the worse when you lose.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last years game in Giants Stadium was pretty hyped. Tickets were expensive. I had to cough up 200 a piece.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's scary for the Cowboys is...

As bad as you guys have been playing, if you win this game, you're right back in great shape!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Last years game in Giants Stadium was pretty hyped. Tickets were expensive. I had to cough up 200 a piece.
I wonder if we whip out the red jerseys again
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-28-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hope not. Despite winning last year, we don't play well in them. Last year was an ugly victory that was one basically by Antonio Pierce telling Clancy what to do and taking the handoff from Bledsoe. Conditions were terrible that game. It had snowed that morning and it was terrible cold and very windy. I'm hoping for similar conditions.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
What's scary for the Cowboys is...

As bad as you guys have been playing, if you win this game, you're right back in great shape!

Too true. For all the turmoil and sloppy play, it only takes one big victory to turn it around.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If LaRon Landry is there do we take him or should we wait and hope Watkins develops into a solid player? Landy doesn't seem to be as hyped as last year, has he not played as well this year? I haven't really paid too much attention to LSU.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im pretty sure we do. We always whip em out during our most important home game of the season. Eli's first year, it was during his first home game. Last year, it was the game vs the Cowboys which ultimately determined who would win the division. This year, its most likely this game.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
If LaRon Landry is there do we take him or should we wait and hope Watkins develops into a solid player? Landy doesn't seem to be as hyped as last year, has he not played as well this year? I haven't really paid too much attention to LSU.
Honestly, Ive been saying this for awhile now, the quality of play between him and Reggie Nelson is miniscule. Landry is a top 10 pick however, and Nelson is a early 2nd. The value difference is not so much that it warrants the position difference on the board.

I personally have Reggie Nelson rated higher, I think he's better than Landry, but thats just me.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im pretty sure we do. We always whip em out during our most important home game of the season. Eli's first year, it was during his first home game. Last year, it was the game vs the Cowboys which ultimately determined who would win the division. This year, its most likely this game.
They don't bring them out for the "big games".....they have been used the past 2 years as a Christmas marketing scheme....which to my knowledge didn't help out financially too much. I was thinking they would wear them Christmas Eve, but that would all but negate the fans to go out and buy red jerseys as presents with Santa coming into town that night.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, Ive been saying this for awhile now, the quality of play between him and Reggie Nelson is miniscule. Landry is a top 10 pick however, and Nelson is a early 2nd. The value difference is not so much that it warrants the position difference on the board.

I personally have Reggie Nelson rated higher, I think he's better than Landry, but thats just me.
I wouldn't mind either with our 1st pick....but Landry is slightly better in every aspect of the game. He also has about 10-15 pounds on him if not more.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't mind either with our 1st pick....but Landry is slightly better in every aspect of the game. He also has about 10-15 pounds on him if not more.
I just like Reggie's playmaking ability. I can't say for sure, but I recall Reggie making more big plays this year than Landry.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hate to do this in the Cowboy thread but your wrong about Eli's first game. His first game and his first home game was against the Falcons and we did not wear the red jerseys that game. We wore the red jerseys against the Eagles at home that year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hate to do this in the Cowboy thread but your wrong about Eli's first game. His first game and his first home game was against the Falcons and we did not wear the red jerseys that game. We wore the red jerseys against the Eagles at home that year.
whoops, my bad. I like the Red Jerseys. They mean business. And they look mean as hell in em. It just doesn't make sense though bc we're big blue, not big red.

Id love to wear them as away jerseys. Our away jersey is fugly.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Landry has been just as solid this year as last. He has great value if he is there when we pick. Watkins was a 5th round pick...to replace him with a talent like Landry is a no brainer imo. Depends what else is left on the board. But like bbd said Landry is a top 10 talent.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
One thing Parcells has failed in fixing while here is the OL. We have had a lot of miserably failed attempts. Or RT has been a revolving door... Remember Ryan Young? We've tried every living body there! Torrin Tucker, Ryan Petitti, even Tyson Walter! Finally we have Columbo there and I feel he's adequate. He must have the Team Comeback Player of the Year award for the Cowboys. ...even though he never played a down for us prior to this year. LOL. Did he really not surrender a sack all year? I didn't realize that. Are you sure? Even with Bledsoe back there?

I'm sure we haven't yet forgotten Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman... Good grief!
During the thanskgiving game, Joe Buck said that he has not allowed a sack in 9 games out of 11 (now are 10 of 12). I'm pretty sure he had a bad game against Strahan..
I'm glad someone brought that up. Colombo hasn't given up a sack all year? Strahan had 2. Was waiting until someone actually remembered this.
Um, actually Parcells said recently that Colombo had not given up a sack in the last nine games, which would include the Giants game. Here the link http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2006/11/21/ and the quote:

Quote:
...Parcells also praised right tackle Marc Colombo, saying that he hasn't given up a sack over the last nine games. "That was a position that some of you were worried about," he said. I seem to recall Colombo giving up a sack against the Giants, but I could be wrong..
The reason why Mosley, and everyone else, recall Colombo having given up a sack is because of the monster day that Strahan had. Particularly, the play you remember was a one of the first of the game, when Mike came of the end unblocked. Interestingly enough, it was only a short drop (3 step, I believe), and yet Bledsoe waited and waited to pass the ball. Curious? Well, it turns out that the play call was supposed to be a short, quick pattern to the weakside, and Colombo was actually supposed to block down on the DT (which he did) because there is no way that Strahan could have reached the QB in time to affect the play. Well, Bledsoe improvised and was trying to get the ball down the field to a different reciever, and Strahan came unblocked and drilled him one.

Now you realize what Parcells was talking about when he said "too much improvisation", referring to the reason why he benched Drew.

Colombo has been pretty darn good. He did get handled by Strahan that game, though. Still, he never gave up a sack.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said this earlier: If we pass on Landry, I will impale someone with a garden gnome. Most likely Jerry Jones.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Personally, I would rather have Nelson than Landry for our needs.

Nelson's recovery/closing speed to sooo awesome to watch! It allows him to play off his man, tricking QBs that their WR is open, and then he just closes in like a hawk! He's got elite speed. I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the fastest guy at the combine.

Landry is much better closer to the line and attacking opposing backfields and is also a harder hitter while at the same time good in coverage and breaking up passes. ...but there's no way he's got Nelson's speed and coverage skills.

For our needs Nelson is a better fit for us, imo. Plus, his returning skills are elite. Along the lines of Devin Hester, Pac Man Jones, Justin Miller...

He's simply a game breaker. A guy that can turn around a game single handedly. Whether it be an INT or kick return... not to mention he's got 2 blocked kicks this year...

If we're picking where I hope we're picking... closer to 30 than 20... I'd love for us to get Nelson.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
How about NT? I know they are extremely hard to find and realisticly you might not be able to get one in the draft, but wouldn't that be the Cowboys biggest need over O-line?
I was actually thinking about either Tank Tyler or Amobi Okoye with the first round pick. If we can finish off our D-Line with a solid, young NT then why the hell not?
I'm on the side that I think NT is a huge need, but I'm not completely sold on either of those guys. It's not Vince Wilfork we're talking about here...
I wish we drafted Gabe Watson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Team Needs:
1. OT--Not a right tackle, but a young left tackle who can eventually take the place of a regressing Flozell Adams.
2. NT--Fergie can't do it by himself.
3. OG--Rivera is getting old, and I'm still not totally confident in Kosier.
4. S--Watkins is still a question mark, although I think he will turn out fine. Might not hurt to bring in another guy though, maybe in the middle rounds.
5. CB--Glenn is getting old and Reeves and Jones haven't stepped up.
6. K--WTF can I say about our kicking situation? :? I don't have much confidence in Grammatica either.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:56 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Usually teams don't draft NT's, they just look for the 350lbs monsters in free agency. Most guys coming out don't weigh more than 310lbs, so the best option is to look for one during FA.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:01 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best way to approach this "what position do we go with" question is one of two ways:

1) Simply BPA. Yes, the trite and cliched approach. Still, this is one of the few teams that really can afford to draft the player that has the most to offer, regardless of position. Name me a position that truly stands out with it's mediocre quality. The closest you could come is the FS position. However, the two arguments against that are that a) the position of FS is not one where you would get an "elite" talent to fill and b) Watkins has displayed the talent and ability to be an above average player there, if only he can work some kinks out. If you think about it, he has only gotten burned on one play all year, which was the double move by Baskett in the Eagle game. The LJ Smith 60-yarder was a mental mistake - something to be expected from a rookie safety - and the Reggie Brown and Plaxico Burress TDs were both cases where he has been in perfect position, but just didn't go up for the ball. There is definitely some potential there. So, yes, we can afford to go BPA if there is a player there that is significantly better than the rest.

2) The other option is to look at where our resources are distributed now (and where they will be in the immediate future) and try to project where we else we could potentially invest. We have big-money or first round picks invested in 2 CBs, 1 S, 1 DE, 3 OLBs, 2 ILBs, 1 NT, 2 OG, 1OT, 2 WRs, and 1 TE.

So what is left after that? Some combo of 1 S, 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 OT, 1 C, 1 TE, 1 RB, and QB.

Well, we've also got a young stud or two at DE that will be commanding larger contracts in Canty and Hatcher, so you can cross that off. Is Colombo the long-term answer at OT? Where does McQuistan fit in down the road? Is Gurode going to be resigned? We have Fasano at TE who looks to be a keeper despite his early season struggles, and Romo is playing himself into a big fat contract extension this summer.

What does that leave out?

Safety, DT/NT, and RB with question marks at OT, C, and maybe Guard (taking into consideration Rivera's advanced age).

What is amazing is the fact that we are still under the salary cap with so much invested in so many places. Yet, we are getting by with young, cheap help like Canty, MBIII, JJ, Ratliff, Colombo, and Romo. When the contracts start coming up, we are going to have to let some of them go. So who is it? Not Romo. Probably not Canty. Do you see where this is going? I think there is a good case to be made for drafting a RB with our first pick. I love JJ and MBIII, but JJ is in the last year of his deal next year. He will want a good sized contract, and I don't think he is appreciably better than what we could get with a 2nd rounder, and probably not as good as what we could get with a 1st. I say, if there is a way to pull it off, that we go for Marshawn Lynch, or take Michael Bush if we can't get up that high. Just something to think about.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a
OG-Rivera is getting old, although his play is improving...still we're going to need one..bad. I don't want a Guard to ruin a future season.
S-Don't like Watkins or Davis, please watch Davis on Galloways long catch. he slips in coverage, then whiffs trying to make the tackle. I was at the game and the DB coach was yelling at him nonstop for probably 5 straight minutes.
NT-Maybe 2nd or 3rd. No big prospects jump out at me.
OT-I'm not sold on McQuistan as a potential replacement..didn't really like him in College, but hey, if Parcells likes him...

Living in Connecticut, this is a must-win game, especially since I've been rubbing our lead into all my friends' faces all week. It will be horrible if we lose and they get back on top.

We just need Eli to throw an early pick and miss a couple throws. Things seem to spiral downward based on his play. I would love to see a Shockey/Eli blowup this game. Offensively let's throw it early and often (more of the same..every one of the past few games we've opened up pass, pass, pass..anyone else noticed that?) Their secondary is horrendous. Hopefully Osi/Strahan if he plays (my friend's dad, a trainer, says that he WILL, he might be bsing though) will not be full strength. I'd take a hobbling Strahan over a full strength Kiwi.
Also, we might not have to run the ball a ton, I just hope we can get 4.0 YPC on the ground, just to keep them honest. Although I want to pass often, we can't give up on the ground game if it isn't working. If JJ can't get going, I want MB3 in ASAP. He should be good for extra yards even if the holes aren't there.
Defensively, I want to keep seeing a lot of Burnett, Hatcher, and Ratliff, I really like the kids. Good energy. And even though I KNOW it won't happen, i want to see T-New shadow Plaxico like he did to Steve Smith and TO..if he can shut him down we can focus on Shockey and make TIM CARTER and DAVID TYREE beat us.
and woww, I want Greg Ellis back SO bad for this game
I'll add more concerns/comments later.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote