Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one not able to get Scotts SB updates?
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was happening to me until I went into view in the menubar and selected the largest text size.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok thanks.......

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Yes, it is official, Rogers is on the block. Go throw a 4th, and get it done Jerrah.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Yes, it is official, Rogers is on the block. Go throw a 4th, and get it done Jerrah.
Hell, I'm sure they'd take a 5th at this point. Most teams are going to sit back and wait until they release him.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I'd give them the 5th then just to make sure we got him. A 5th for another potential leonard davis (as in was lazy with the other team, comes to us and dominates) is worth 10 5th rounders for me. Make it now jerry.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Anyone think Limas Sweed would work here? Apparently, he's a guy we spoke to extensively at the SB.
Ugh...every report I've read on Sweed says that he can't get separation, especially at the Senior Bowl. If we're going to take a senior wide receiver, let it be Early Doucet.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Donnie Avery anyone?..
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Donnie Avery anyone?..
Read my post in the draft forum.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Donnie Avery anyone?..
He'd make a good slot, and fill our immediate need for a deep threat, but I think that if we're going to use a high pick on a WR, that we'll be looking for a starter.

Besides... we're picking up Roy Williams, so don't worry. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

We can only hope. Crayton's contract can actually be a bad thing. Now we can't really go after a slot because he is supposed to be our slot. He has no speed though, so how is he a good slot? He has great hands (not shown in the playoffs) and can find the soft spots in zones, but I want a threat in the slot, not Crayton, you catchs the ball and goes down.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We can only hope. Crayton's contract can actually be a bad thing. Now we can't really go after a slot because he is supposed to be our slot. He has no speed though, so how is he a good slot? He has great hands (not shown in the playoffs) and can find the soft spots in zones, but I want a threat in the slot, not Crayton, you catchs the ball and goes down.
You don't need great speed to be a slot. They're more about quickness than speed per se. Slot receivers aren't usually the ones who stretch the field. They usually run short to mid range routes and have a knack for finding soft spots in the zone, or getting quick separation against man. In a slot, I'd look for good hands, good quickness, and good awareness... oh and good downfield blocking. Size and speed aren't as necessary for slots as they are for your two starting WRs.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...maybe saying Akin was strong against the run was a little much but, he still gets praise from the coaches when it comes to this and he wasnt nearly as bad as you think. I do agree that he wasn't great and at times awfully quiet this season. The fact is, he was just a very average player this year but, given his contract...he'll most likely be starting again next season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-23-2008 at 09:49 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well...maybe saying Akin was strong against the run was a little much but, he still gets praise from the coaches when it comes to this and he wasnt nearly as bad as you think. I do agree that he wasn't great and at times awfully quiet this season. The fact is, he was just a very average player this year but, given his contract...he'll most likely be starting again next season.
Akin is set to earn 8.5M more dollars if he lives out the term of his contract. If we cut him, we free ourselves from that cap number. The only amount he is owed is the $5M signing bonus, but I'm unsure how much of that has already been paid. I think his contract is very cuttable.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't need great speed to be a slot. They're more about quickness than speed per se. Slot receivers aren't usually the ones who stretch the field. They usually run short to mid range routes and have a knack for finding soft spots in the zone, or getting quick separation against man. In a slot, I'd look for good hands, good quickness, and good awareness... oh and good downfield blocking. Size and speed aren't as necessary for slots as they are for your two starting WRs.
Very good points. I think Crayton is an excellent slot. He's got adequate speed and quickness, but more than anything, he's smart and knows how to find those soft spots in the zone. When we get a guy this offseason to put opposite TO and Crayton goes back to the slot, that's when our offense should really start clicking.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Akin is set to earn 8.5M more dollars if he lives out the term of his contract. If we cut him, we free ourselves from that cap number. The only amount he is owed is the $5M signing bonus, but I'm unsure how much of that has already been paid. I think his contract is very cuttable.
He hasnt really been bad enough to really justify being cut. That would be pretty surprising...the fans may want to see it but, we rarely hear anything negative among the coaches when talking about Akin. The same can be said about Kosier...we might want him out but, the actual likelihood of this happening, is low.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland says the team is "open for business" when it comes to the No. 1 overall pick in the draft

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be built in a day either," Ireland said. "The No. 1 pick is no different from the 22nd pick. You've got to make the right selection. You just can't miss on it. We'll listen to all offers." Jan. 24 - 10:43 am et

anyone else notice the irony in the bolded part, the 22nd pick :)

looks like something is trying to get worked out, I would love if Dallas came out of this offseason with Shaun Rogers and Chris Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
anyone else notice the irony in the bolded part, the 22nd pick :)

looks like something is trying to get worked out, I would love if Dallas came out of this offseason with Shaun Rogers and Chris Long
What would it take for the #1? Maybe both 1st round picks, 3rd and Bobby Carpenter? I doubt that little, but I'd be open to doing that.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone has a chart for value it would help, but I think we could do it while keeping one first...If we part with 22, a 2nd, and maybe a future pick along with a player or 2 parcells likes(not only carpenter but maybe free as well) and that should be enough

I just hope if we do all that we take Chris Long over McFadden, id be more then happy with Chris Johnson or Felix with Barber staying where we are, if we give up all that id want Chris Long on the edge opposite Canty with Rogers in the middle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has a trade value chart under features. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You would need to trade both picks...or it wouldnt be happening.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have about 10 total trade scenario's around in the draft thread to get the #1 pick..go back and take a look.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think Miami will have to receive less than fair value for the #1 pick. Namely because I don't think a lot of teams will be fighting for it. There is no clear cut elite #1 prospect that teams "have to" have. The top of the draft goes about 8 deep. Teams will draft for need and most at the top will get a guy they can be happy with. Miami also has a lot of holes to fill and they are definitely looking to shop the pick. Ireland said that already, in his SB interview. They are shopping it.

It would cost our 2 firsts and some spare change. Perhaps Burnett, Hatcher, Fasano or Carpenter... or some combination along with some later picks or future later picks.

Chris Long is the only guy I'd want at #1. Maybe I'll whip up a mock with that scenario.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-24-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling it right now....we won't trade up for the first pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'm calling it right now....we won't trade up for the first pick.
HA HA! You put that idea in our head in the first place!