Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Just watching a Roy Williams highlight tape (our sefety), and him changing his number to 38 because 8 means a new beginning in the bible, I have a feeling we will see the roy williams of old next season.

Just a random though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1twt01EoDE

He's gonna need some devine intervention to get his ass in gear.

All kidding aside, I think all he needs to do is get down to about 215-220lbs and we would see some of that playmaking ability come back.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Keith Davies

It won't happen again..............
didn't mean to come off as rude, so I hope you didn't take it that way. Just letting you know.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Cowboys | Team may be interested in T. Williams
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:17:58 -0800

Calvin Watkins, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys may be interested in Minnesota Vikings SS Tank Williams, who will be an unrestricted free agent during the offseason, if they are not able to re-sign FS Ken Hamlin.

Cowboys | Hamlin may not return to team
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:13:39 -0800
Calvin Watkins, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys FS Ken Hamlin, who is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, may not re-sign with the team if another team offers him more money.

Blah. If this is happens, I hope we plan on going CB and S with those first 2 picks. Hello Kenny Phillips.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Cowboys | Team may be interested in T. Williams
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:17:58 -0800

Calvin Watkins, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys may be interested in Minnesota Vikings SS Tank Williams, who will be an unrestricted free agent during the offseason, if they are not able to re-sign FS Ken Hamlin.

Cowboys | Hamlin may not return to team
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:13:39 -0800
Calvin Watkins, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys FS Ken Hamlin, who is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, may not re-sign with the team if another team offers him more money.

Blah. If this is happens, I hope we plan on going CB and S with those first 2 picks. Hello Kenny Phillips.
It's called posturing. Jerry will open his wallet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I might rather have phillips anyway....Hamlin is a vet and is a good leader and QB of the secondary, but his coverage skills are still average at best. Phillips is also a freak althete and thats what I want on this D. Also I am presdicting roy will become roy again next season, so I'd rather have phillips.

We'll see what happens.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Thought some of you might find this funny....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I might rather have phillips anyway....Hamlin is a vet and is a good leader and QB of the secondary, but his coverage skills are still average at best. Phillips is also a freak althete and thats what I want on this D. Also I am presdicting roy will become roy again next season, so I'd rather have phillips.

We'll see what happens.
rather have phillips? I think alot of people would too, but its very unlikely he falls out of the top 15, we would have to trade with new england to take him more then likely

but with that being said I still dont believe Hamlin is gone, Jerry signed him for a year to see how he played, not for one year then leave, he played on a pro bowl level, he will get resigned because of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Thought some of you might find this funny....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ
OH MAN! THAT WAS GOOOD! Putting it in my sig!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
OH MAN! THAT WAS GOOOD! Putting it in my sig!
ya i saw that in the nfl east thread, instant classic lol...they did a good job with that

Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

So, do you guys think bobby and spears both will be wearing different uni's next season?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't get why everyone including myself thinks Spears is going to be anything but a cowboys next year...it's not like he played bad. It's not like he is a valued player that teams are looking to acquire...not to mention that no one has came out and dogged him this year like last year. He is a 3-4 end that is good against the run....is he really in demand...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I still don't get why everyone including myself thinks Spears is going to be anything but a cowboys next year...it's not like he played bad. It's not like he is a valued player that teams are looking to acquire...not to mention that no one has came out and dogged him this year like last year. He is a 3-4 end that is good against the run....is he really in demand...
Isn't it public knowledge that he is on the block? Apparently they've already gotten some positive feedback. He does have value... thus the positive feedback.

With Wade's desire to attack, I think Spears while not a bad player, isn't the most ideal fit.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy Timmy's inside source for one bit...but I do find it interesting the speculation is getting out...Timmy is nothing more than a cowboys cheerleader to me...but yet claims to have inside sources...who would tell that guy anything? But it is interesting to say the least.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-27-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Spears is on the market and we find a team that is interested....watch out for Chris Long guys...I've been waiting to hear trade rumors...and if this happens to catch steam....it might actually have an outside shot at happening.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If Spears is on the market and we find a team that is interested....watch out for Chris Long guys...I've been waiting to hear trade rumors...and if this happens to catch steam....it might actually have an outside shot at happening.
thats what im all for, i love the thought of that happening and im all for trading something to land him

Quote:
Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Campo might be BACK!

What do you guys think about this? I think it would be a good solid pickup as a coach. I think he would bring instant respect and he knows the expectations that are expected.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

source. immediately.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3217240

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sigh. I liked to better when Parcells was buying the groceries AND the pots & pans.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Campo will only be the secondary coach. relax. Who knows, thsi could turn our secondary around. He was great as our secondary coach and DC in the 90's just sucked as a HC. This is an improvement over Bowles, IMO.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys shouldnt trade Spears and/or Carpenter. Spears is a good 3-4 DE who ties up the OL and that's what he's meant to do. Carpenter hasnt been used but when you have Ellis, Ware, James, Burnett, Spencer and Ayodele on the same team, its not going to be easy. I wouldnt trade either.

Another rumor that I read today is that Jerry Jones wants to trade RB Marion Barber and their two first round draft picks to MIA for the number one overall draft pick. Jones would then draft RB Darren McFadden.

While it's just a rumor, am I the only one who thinks that would be one stupid as hell move??? Sign Barber to an extension, re-sign Julius and there you go. Resigning both would be cheaper then the number one overall draft pick would be plus you still have your two first rounders.

If Jones wants to trade his two first rounders, I would trade them to NE for Moss if they franchise tag him. If the Cowboys cant win a SB next year with Romo, Barber, Jones, Owens, Moss, Witten and Crayton - they have serious ******* problems. Of course, having Owens and Moss together is just a dream of mine and not a rumor even though I wouldnt be surprised if Jones did actually trade for Moss since he still regrets passing on him in the 1998 NFL Draft.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I refuse to think Jerry Jones is that stupid, regardless of how some people feel, I dont think he's THAT dumb and id lose all respect for how he runs this team...All this talk sounds like something Daniel Snyder would do, you dont tear up a team that won 13 games, you keep those first 2 picks and take who falls to you, people act like if your not picking top 10 those guys wont immediately contribute...

Trading picks for mcfadden is one thing, but talking about trading players who played big roles in our success is silly, usually history has shown its always a bad idea to trade all kinds of commoditys for the "next best thing", the team that receives all the picks/players always comes out on top...I refuse to think Jerry is going to dismantle his entire team for one rb

Quote:
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I refuse to think Jerry Jones is that stupid, regardless of how some people feel, I dont think he's THAT dumb and id lose all respect for how he runs this team...All this talk sounds like something Daniel Snyder would do, you dont tear up a team that won 13 games, you keep those first 2 picks and take who falls to you, people act like if your not picking top 10 those guys wont immediately contribute...

Trading picks for mcfadden is one thing, but talking about trading players who played big roles in our success is silly, usually history has shown its always a bad idea to trade all kinds of commoditys for the "next best thing", the team that receives all the picks/players always comes out on top...I refuse to think Jerry is going to dismantle his entire team for one rb
the only way i think you trade the 2 first round pick is f Darren McFadden drop and you trade up to get him, but if the teams is asking for to much forget it, this team is a monster fear by all so there no reason to do something crazy
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I like the talk about Campo coming back here to be our secondary coach. He wasn't much of a HC, but he sure is a great get if we can get him to fill Bowles' old spot.

Love how JAX's secondary has played under Campo.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just can't help but think we don't give MB3 a multi-year deal...I mean if we tender him at the highest tender his value is a first and 3rd to another team....that alone for MB3 is fine with me....keep him on his rookie contract for his final year...and if he becomes bait to a team....bam we have a moving stone...does anyone else see this as a slight possibility?

Designs by me
Quote: