Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I would give up MBIII for a 1st and 3rd anyday of the week.

We already are dominating the NFC (we didn't play well in the playoffs, but we are the 4th youngest team in the NFL and are only getting better, especially Romo). With half of the pats defense already having AARP cards, and the Colts getting older as well, plus Harrison might be done for his career, I really think with a good draft and maybe a FA or 2 whole keeping our guys (Flo and Hamlin) we could and should start a dynasty.

Like The Legend said, who is a PACKER FAN, this team is a monster and feard (or will be :)) by all.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Everyone is talking about JJ getting him wrapped up. There's no real rush. Tender him a 1st & 3rd. If someone grabs him, I can live with that. IF not, then see how next year goes with him as more of a feature back, then get a long-term deal done, possibly.

I'm one of these folks that does not think we need to give MBIII a huge contract. I love him as a change of pace guy, but I do not think he would give you a return on that contract if you gave him 20-25 carries a game every game. He would break down by the 10th game of the season, IMO. If his agent is talking huge numbers, I say let him walk. MBIII is a guy that will most likely be out of the league at 30 due to his style.

We have to start taking a page out of the Patriots book. You can't let your emotions rule these decisions. That's why I also think we need to let Flo walk. Plug Free in there and make Hudson earn his money and make a LT out of him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Yeah, I'm right there with you. Everyone is talking about JJ getting him wrapped up. There's no real rush. Tender him a 1st & 3rd. If someone grabs him, I can live with that. IF not, then see how next year goes with him as more of a feature back, then get a long-term deal done, possibly.

I'm one of these folks that does not think we need to give MBIII a huge contract. I love him as a change of pace guy, but I do not think he would give you a return on that contract if you gave him 20-25 carries a game every game. He would break down by the 10th game of the season, IMO. If his agent is talking huge numbers, I say let him walk. MBIII is a guy that will most likely be out of the league at 30 due to his style.

We have to start taking a page out of the Patriots book. You can't let your emotions rule these decisions. That's why I also think we need to let Flo walk. Plug Free in there and make Hudson earn his money and make a LT out of him.
I'm 100% on board with this line of thinking. MBIII shouldn't get a new multi year deal until he can prove he's more than a part time back. If that's not good enough then let him walk.

I also think we should let Flo walk but we probably won't.

Trading two picks for DMAC is silly with MBIII already here. Trading MBIII and one first round pick for DMAC is a great idea.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Looks like Campo is our new secondary coach:

Quote:
Campo's waiting
2:24 PM Mon, Jan 28, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips
Jacksonville's assistant head coach Dave Campo has left Valley Ranch, but it doesn't look like he's left for good.

The next time he enters these doors, it could be as secondary coach. For now, the Cowboys seem content to abide by league code, which suggests Super Bowl week should be a quiet time for "The Other 30."

Campo's plan is to remain in the area -- where he has family -- for the time being.
Love the hire. Just like D-Unit said, he isn't good as a HC but as a secondary coach he is nasty and look at the way jacksonville's secondary has been playing. Love the hire.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any of the teams out there that need a RB giving up a 1 & 3 for him. Plus I think he'll sign the offer sheet and stay and prove himself. I say by mid season next year he'll have a nice long term agreement.

As for Flo, I'd be willing to give him a one year deal and that's it. He's not worth paying all that upfront bonus money when he's really only got two more good years in him. Plus, I'm really interested in seeing one of the younger guys get a crack at the starting line-up.

Hamlin- we'd be stupid not to lock him into a 4-5 year deal. I could see some hesitancy because we have Roy in a big deal and spending that kind of money on two safeties might seem a little unreasonable. However, I don't foresee Roy wearing a Cowboys uniform after the '08 season if he performs the way he did this past year. He'd have to improve his game greatly to stick around. And if we get Hamlin locked down this year, don't be surprised if Roy isn't on the trading block.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Was Campo under contract or let go?

On paper, this does not look like a promotion. Just curious.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many teams gave up the tender for Michael Turner? 0.

Rb's are so easy to come by, no one is going to spend a 1st and 3rd on him, its rare that you see that happen for a rb...

Im jus surprised with all these players talking about getting traded, why not trade roy? is his contract the only thing stoppin him from gettin traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
Was Campo under contract or let go?

On paper, this does not look like a promotion. Just curious.
It's actually a demotion since Campo was also an assistant head coach. Del Rio gave permission to the Cowboys and that's how it happened.

Eh.. guess I can't call him Crapo anymore.

So far, we're 2 for 2 on getting upgrades for the assistants that we lost.

Grantham > Rodgers
Campo > Bowles

This is such a great thing. What's next Chan Gailey to coach the LBs? LOL!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I'm 100% on board with this line of thinking. MBIII shouldn't get a new multi year deal until he can prove he's more than a part time back. If that's not good enough then let him walk.

I also think we should let Flo walk but we probably won't.

Trading two picks for DMAC is silly with MBIII already here. Trading MBIII and one first round pick for DMAC is a great idea.
MB3 has already proven his worth in my eyes. I don't know why others don't see that. Just because he's only had 1 game as a full time starter, doesn't mean the jury is still out on what kind of impact he can have on a game. He had 129 yards rushing and that was with the so called "tired" half he's blamed for having. I still argue that he wasn't tired. But whatevers. The days of team's relying on 1 back is over. A 5 year, $25M dollar contract is not bad for a guy that should be getting 70% of the carries.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's actually a demotion since Campo was also an assistant head coach. Del Rio gave permission to the Cowboys and that's how it happened.

Eh.. guess I can't call him Crapo anymore.

So far, we're 2 for 2 on getting upgrades for the assistants that we lost.

Grantham > Rodgers
Campo > Bowles

This is such a great thing. What's next Chan Gailey to coach the LBs? LOL!
FD: I am a huge Parcells fan so you can take this worth a grain of salt .....

What is Jerry Jones doing? It seems like he not trying to hold together the organization he spent big money on under Parcells. Pretty much let all the Parcells guys go in the last two years.

Now two guys essentially fired by other teams are rehired for position coaches? One an ex-HC coming back as a DB Coach? None of them have any existing chemistry with Wade or Stewart.

There are so many great, young coaches in the NFL why go this route?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Well, we do have the most talent int he NFL, and we went 9-7 with Parcells. Parcells held us backl, plain and simple. Wade unleashed us, and we went 13-3. 13-2 actually, because I don't count washington. Sure, we lost in the playoffs, but this was the giants year, and I believe that (although they will lose int he SB, obviously).

When we win the SB next year come talk. Wait, who are you a fan of exactly kingjames?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
FD: I am a huge Parcells fan so you can take this worth a grain of salt .....

What is Jerry Jones doing? It seems like he not trying to hold together the organization he spent big money on under Parcells. Pretty much let all the Parcells guys go in the last two years.

Now two guys essentially fired by other teams are rehired for position coaches? One an ex-HC coming back as a DB Coach? None of them have any existing chemistry with Wade or Stewart.

There are so many great, young coaches in the NFL why go this route?
Letting Parcells guys go is a good thing. FYI, Parcells is gone. Phillips 3-4 is completely different from Parcells' 3-4. Makes perfect sense. But really, only Bowles was a true Parcells guy. Pasq came from Syracuse and Rodgers from Arkansas... neither had any stint with Parcells in the past. Brian Stewart is Wade's DC, and the both go way back. Having Campo as the secondary coach won't affect Wade's front 7 schemes and besides... Jacksonville's front 7 ran an aggressive scheme as well, so Campo's job in the secondary should not only be a smooth transition, but I believe we'll see dramatic improvement from our secondary. Parcells/Bowles ran a passive/reactionary defensive scheme based off space eaters. Wade/Campo run an active/aggressive scheme, so I forsee much more playmaking next year. Grantham is one of the best young coaches out there. He should've landed a HC job by now. I have mad respect for him.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
Letting Parcells guys go is a good thing. FYI, Parcells is gone. Phillips 3-4 is completely different from Parcells' 3-4. Makes perfect sense. But really, only Bowles was a true Parcells guy. Pasq came from Syracuse and Rodgers from Arkansas... neither had any stint with Parcells in the past. Brian Stewart is Wade's DC, and the both go way back. Having Campo as the secondary coach won't affect Wade's front 7 schemes and besides... Jacksonville's front 7 ran an aggressive scheme as well, so Campo's job in the secondary should not only be a smooth transition, but I believe we'll see dramatic improvement from our secondary. Parcells/Bowles ran a passive/reactionary defensive scheme based off space eaters. Wade/Campo run an active/aggressive scheme, so I forsee much more playmaking next year. Grantham is one of the best young coaches out there. He should've landed a HC job by now. I have mad respect for him.
I don't know enough to say either way. What I do remember is Jones going on and on about bringing in Parcells to rebuild the organization and it seems that after 4 years and lots of money Jones is letting the actual organization he paid for walk away without much of a fight.

Campo will be fine as a position coach. He is a man type guy. Phillips like man. Prorably right that it should be fine.

Grantham (who I know from Clev) did not do a very good job with that D. He was canned. He did a horrible job with the Front 7 also. Not buying the D Line gig in Dallas as an upgrade.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think that the Cowboys should re-sign Julius Jones and keep the Jones/Barber combo together?

As a 49ers fan, when team had Hearst and Barlow, they were a damn good combo and I think they were the team that everyone has been copying the last few years but once Hearst left, Barlow became average and as of right now, is no longer in the NFL.

What do you guys think?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius Jones is done as a member of this team. The coaches don't trust him anymore...

Talking about the coaching staff, we also replaced Sparano with Hudson Houck, and that was another good hiring.
Bowles and Rodgers deserved to go, I really can't see what positive they have done in Dallas.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Julius Jones is done as a member of this team. The coaches don't trust him anymore...

Talking about the coaching staff, we also replaced Sparano with Hudson Houck, and that was another good hiring.
Bowles and Rodgers deserved to go, I really can't see what positive they have done in Dallas.
That's right. We don't lose a beat with Houck. I hated seeing him go in the first place. Sparano is a great coach, but it's good.

kingjames,
I don't blame Grantham for his job along the DL. You guys had absolutely the worst talent along the DL in the entire NFL. That's the truth.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....6d4391e7.html

Dom Capers to interview for the LB coach position

In Bob We Trust

Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....6d4391e7.html

Dom Capers to interview for the LB coach position
Just saw that too. What a wonderful hire that would be. Capers and Grantham worked together in Houston. I've always respected Capers. I think he can land a bigger job, but hiring him would be awesome.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Just saw that too. What a wonderful hire that would be. Capers and Grantham worked together in Houston. I've always respected Capers. I think he can land a bigger job, but hiring him would be awesome.
I would like his hiring too. He's a good coach, as long as he stays away from offensive playcalling :P

In Bob We Trust

Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it amazing that the Tuna's raid on our staff is actually going to result in an overall upgrade of the staff, and not by a little either.

If Capers comes on, this should be mentioned in the converstation about the best staffs in the league.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to have quite the interesting staff next season if we get Campers also. He's put together a great staff, very experienced and knowledgeable...I'm not complaining.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Wow. Campo as our secondary coach, Grantham as our DL Coach, garrett staying, and probably Capers as our LB coach.....wow we have a KICK ASS STAFF!!!!

SB BABY!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to have a coaching staff of ex-head coaches lol

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis became the 13th pro bowler for the boys today...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....6ddee8aa.html

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Just about to post that. Good for Ellis.

Capers is a great hire (if it happens). The guy knows football. Wasn't the most succesful HC, but as a LB coach, man I love it.