Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
haha. Gotta love the enthusiasm!

Here's a little tip. There's a lot more to being a WR than just looks. Somebody tell me when Jerry Porter turns into TO. It's supposed to happen any day now.

If Stanback makes it, more power to him. We still need to address WR. As always, I prefer the FA/Trade route. That's why I'm driving the Roy Williams Bandwagon. Heck, I'd even welcome Javon Walker... for a 4th rounder.
Nah. Hes not worth as much as Randy Moss...

Ill help push that Roy Williams Bandwagon with ya... I think he would take alot of pressure away from Glenn forcing himself to return so soon. That and we could throw some crazy 5 reciever sets at people and go all New England on teams~!

Imagine an offensive set featuring...

Flozell Adams, Kyle Kosier, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo
Tony Romo

TO, Terry Glenn, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd/Jason Witten

**** it. If Romo doesnt throw for 60 TD's next year... I'll be dissapointed~!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Nah. Hes not worth as much as Randy Moss...

Ill help push that Roy Williams Bandwagon with ya... I think he would take alot of pressure away from Glenn forcing himself to return so soon. That and we could throw some crazy 5 reciever sets at people and go all New England on teams~!

Imagine an offensive set featuring...

Flozell Adams, Kyle Kosier, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo
Tony Romo

TO, Terry Glenn, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd/Jason Witten

**** it. If Romo doesnt throw for 60 TD's next year... I'll be dissapointed~!
Different circumstances in comparison to Moss last season. Dallas is just getting greedy and want every available star player on the market or draft (McFadden). Looking more like the Yankees out there nowadays .. ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Different circumstances in comparison to Moss last season. Dallas is just getting greedy and want every available star player on the market or draft (McFadden). Looking more like the Yankees out there nowadays .. ;)
Well, first of all, you don't know that the Cowboys are actively trying to get McFadden. Remember, Mort is a FAB (Friend of Bill). Don't be surprised if Bill has been the catalyst in this discussion.

And Secondly, JJ is one of, if not the most, aggressive Owners/GMs in the league. You're just being foolish if you don't think Jerry sees how close this team is and in turn will be aggressive with what he sees as a team that just needs a couple of pieces.

And Lastly, comparing the Cowboys to the Yankess is fighting words!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FAB = Friend of Bill? Shouldn't that be FOB?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, i guess it should.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well D you somewhat hit on the Capers situation a day or two ago...but it turns out that Capers might be in for the DC job...is rumored what he was offered with...and rumors now have it that Stewart would have to take a demotion and Capers didn't want to do that to Stewart...it'll be interesting to watch this develop...but hell Capers is a huge upgrade over Stewart imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Well D you somewhat hit on the Capers situation a day or two ago...but it turns out that Capers might be in for the DC job...is rumored what he was offered with...and rumors now have it that Stewart would have to take a demotion and Capers didn't want to do that to Stewart...it'll be interesting to watch this develop...but hell Capers is a huge upgrade over Stewart imo.
Your source?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Emmitt...http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...tle-since.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Your source?
dmn block

in other news achilles was suspended hip hip horray

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
LMAO...i love emmitt but he sets himself up for these types of things, he really isnt a good public speaker and he's just making it worse by staying on air...I love to hear his opinions and point of views, but he's tough to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dmn block

Finally something that Cowboys fans and Giants fans can cheer about together on this forum. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dmn block

Howd that happen? Did he even post today? Not that I care, just missed his post lol.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, this should be interesting to see pan out. If Capers ends up being our LBs coach, that would be a dream scenario. He's overqualified for the position. It would also be a very interesting coaching staff to say the least. I'm not sure perfect chemistry could exists. But it could. Would just be a little weird. When Capers was the HC in Houston, Grantham was his DL coach and Stewart was his DB coach. The relationships are strong. That's why I can imagine Capers not wanting to force Stewart into a demotion. It's a sticky situation.

Bring in Capers as an assistant HC and LBs coach might make better sense. I know Garrett is also an Assistant HC, but who says you can't have more than 2? I dunno. Capers was a co-architect of the original Blitzburg defense along with Dick Lebeau but Capers controlled the LBs... Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland and Chad Brown. They were an aggressive, angry, dominating presence who blitzed like mad. I want Capers to coach our LBs badly.

Our front 7 will be so versed in all facets of the 3-4. Can you imagine that? They've had the Parcells 3-4, Phillips Attacking 3-4 and now the Blitzburgh 3-4!!!

This is crazy stuff. ...and I'm loving every minute of it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Don't know if anyone has been keeping up with Hamlin, but so far I haven't heard anything about us trying to lock him up (as I have about Canty and Barber) and I've had a feeling all along that Jerry wouldn't bring him back.

I remember he beat around the bush as bit and chose his words very carefully when first signing Hamlin. We all paraphrase it as "If Ken plays good, he'll be back" but it isn't as easy as that.

We have an issue at running back and left tackle which doesn't allow us to pay Ken Hamlin what he is deserved.

He is arguably the best S in FA this year and is one of the top overall guys in FA. He is going to be fielding some big offers.

I have a feeling it's going to be Franchise Tag or bye bye Hamlin unfortunately.

Anyone heard anything that says otherwise?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Don't know if anyone has been keeping up with Hamlin, but so far I haven't heard anything about us trying to lock him up (as I have about Canty and Barber) and I've had a feeling all along that Jerry wouldn't bring him back.

I remember he beat around the bush as bit and chose his words very carefully when first signing Hamlin. We all paraphrase it as "If Ken plays good, he'll be back" but it isn't as easy as that.

We have an issue at running back and left tackle which doesn't allow us to pay Ken Hamlin what he is deserved.

He is arguably the best S in FA this year and is one of the top overall guys in FA. He is going to be fielding some big offers.

I have a feeling it's going to be Franchise Tag or bye bye Hamlin unfortunately.

Anyone heard anything that says otherwise?
Of course! Jerry has said locking him up is a main priority. Haven't heard anything lately, but he talked about it before the season even ended. Mentioned how impressed he was with his play and "quarterbacking" the defense.

If anything, we should be worried about what Hamlin's camp is thinking. He's not worth franchising. That's for sure. I don't think Jerry will overpay, so I do think Hamlin will test FA. Will he get away? Maybe, but I'm with Jerry. If someone severely overpays for him and he wants to go, let him go.

We can see what Pat Watkins, Courtney Brown or even what Anthony Henry can do there, so it's not a total loss.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I have to agree with you D...I'm really thinking that if someone overpays and Hamlin leaves...Henry might be making the move. Jerry probably has a good idea that he wants Florence...and then drafting a guy would bring him in as a 3rd...scary thought..but it would'nt surprise me to say the least.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Another quick thought...if we do in fact pursue Florence...our CB cap numbers would probably be a bit high for the age...and to keep Hamlin would only make it higher...add in a draft pick and your starting to see unbalanced cap situation...the more I think about resigning Hamlin and bringing in a mid-tier corner in FA the more I think Hamlin might not be back...

Moving Henry to FS might be a stretch to assume...but the cap balance would provide some solid reasoning for letting Hamlin test the waters...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

latest rumors going around scout is who we may be targeting in FA...well D I'm not sure how you'll feel about this one...but a big picture of Max Starks is on there...knowing he could pinch in on the left side has to make it a little easier on our thoughts for depth purposes at LT...wonder if he would be looked at LG.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Huge news just came out.

MB3 could have his new deal announced as soon as tomorrow...finalizing details...on the ticket...this would probably shut up the McFadden rumors going around MB3.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Kinda weird talking to myself..but so much good info is out there and not getting touched on.

More on the capers situation...say it's about 80-20 in favor of the consultant job according to reports.
Capers mulling offers from Dallas Cowboys
Ex-Texans coach can choose consultant role or defensive coordinator

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
latest rumors going around scout is who we may be targeting in FA...well D I'm not sure how you'll feel about this one...but a big picture of Max Starks is on there...knowing he could pinch in on the left side has to make it a little easier on our thoughts for depth purposes at LT...wonder if he would be looked at LG.
I think it's more likely that we resign Flozell than sign Max Starks. I'm not a fan of Starks. Not even at Guard.

Keep your peripherals on Jordan Gross. ;)
Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Huge news just came out.

MB3 could have his new deal announced as soon as tomorrow...finalizing details...on the ticket...this would probably shut up the McFadden rumors going around MB3.
Goodness gracious, that would TRUELY make my day! :D

Giterdone Jerruh!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Kinda weird talking to myself..but so much good info is out there and not getting touched on.

More on the capers situation...say it's about 80-20 in favor of the consultant job according to reports.
Capers mulling offers from Dallas Cowboys
Ex-Texans coach can choose consultant role or defensive coordinator
Consultant role... I can see it. It's looking like Capers is a lock to come to Dallas. His expertise would be invaluable and it seems like a natural fit coaching chemistry wise, being that he's familiar with a lot of them.

I'm excited about the news!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huge news just came out.

good, depending on the details that could shut down alot of these rumors...so if he is locked up long term he shouldnt be getting traded

And id like Hamlin back, but Canty is more important, I guess we have to put Henry back there but if Hamlin leaves I really want to take Marcus Griffin, and im going to hope that Phillips slides to our first pick

Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/446673.html

Quote:
Has he had any contact with Big Bill in Miami in discussing a trade up to obtain the Dolphins' first overall draft pick in April?

Speculation swirled this week on that topic, even including the name Marion Barber going to Miami.

In response, Jones said, "No," then added, "let me be very clear. No."

He said that rumor "came totally out of left field. I read it and laughed. Marion at running back, we feel, is one of our strengths, and we want to keep it that way."

Thank you Jerry, regardless of how some people felt here he showed me he is not an idiot and willing to break up the foundation for some hype...I wasnt against mcfadden just against trading your proven rb for mcfadden and letting him carry the load himself...

if it happens, it will be both first, a 2nd next year, and some players is what its looking like

Quote: