Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah for the barbarian!! Time for a new video!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/446673.html

Thank you Jerry, regardless of how some people felt here he showed me he is not an idiot and willing to break up the foundation for some hype...I wasnt against mcfadden just against trading your proven rb for mcfadden and letting him carry the load himself...

if it happens, it will be both first, a 2nd next year, and some players is what its looking like
LL, Modano and D-Unit... the Barbarian Clan :D

The rest of you haters can weep now that he's being resigned and not getting traded.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no hate towards MB3 but DMac>MB3....both now and in the future. But who can be mad about MB3 spliting carries....I'm not sure if any cowboys fan really dislikes MB3

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
no hate towards MB3 but DMac>MB3....both now and in the future. But who can be mad about MB3 spliting carries....I'm not sure if any cowboys fan really dislikes MB3
But DMAC > MB3 has never been the real debate.

It's DMAC > MB3 + 2 firsts + possibly extra picks/player... That's the real debate.

...and I wouldn't necessarily say they hate MB3, but there are many here who continue to underrate him (not being a top 10 back, etc) and make him out to be a guy who can't survive a 5 year contract because of his running style. ...JJJ, LSU, Moth, Achilles.... you? not sure... amongst others.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news about Barber. About time.

Edit: NVM

Last edited by Paul : 02-01-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My view is don't give him a deal until bye week 2008.

If someone meets his tender let him go for a 1st and a 3rd.

Why give him money when he has a chance to prove himself for us...we didn't give Romo a big deal before the season last year...no reason to do it for MB3 imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you say that McFadden is better than Barber w/o him stepping foot on a pro football field? A few years ago I had agrued the same point about Michael Huff. I was pushing hard for us to sign Chris Hope that year and I believe it was D-Unit that argued that Huff was better than Hope. I personally just feel you cannot make that argument until they step foot on an nfl field.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

It's DMAC > MB3 + 2 firsts + possibly extra picks/player... That's the real debate.

...and I wouldn't necessarily say they hate MB3, but there are many here who continue to underrate him (not being a top 10 back, etc) and make him out to be a guy who can't survive a 5 year contract because of his running style. ...JJJ, LSU, Moth, Achilles.... you? not sure... amongst others.

all you have to do is go to other team boards to get honest opinions on Barber...miami fans were calling him a top 5 back and wanted him even though they were deep at rb, and there probably isnt a team that wouldnt love to have him on their own team....everyone else is really high, and some are unrealistically too low like JJJ who said Jones would be just as good as Barber back there next year

and your right, Dmac>Barber has never been the argument, its been everything else thats included in it...had cleveland tanked this was the ideal situation but it didnt, and I still feel were not a rb away from the super bowl...

Its time for a new Barber sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.....I want both...lol. I've said it before...I love Marion but, you really do have to question how long he'll last. First few years, he should be great but, as for the long run...I dont know...that doesnt look too good.

Might not sound wise to some but, I agree with Thule...right now, DMAC over Barber. Sight unseen in the pros...he is that good.

Anyway...I'm happy either way but, would have loved to see Mcfadden w/ a star on his helmet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Marion is an excellent back and a huge asset for the team, but he can't perform at the same level all season unless he keeps a light load. He should never have more than 20 carries in a game.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
Marion is an excellent back and a huge asset for the team, but he can't perform at the same level all season unless he keeps a light load. He should never have more than 20 carries in a game.
His work load hasn't been proven yet.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well.....I want both...lol. I've said it before...I love Marion but, you really do have to question how long he'll last. First few years, he should be great but, as for the long run...I dont know...that doesnt look too good.

Might not sound wise to some but, I agree with Thule...right now, DMAC over Barber. Sight unseen in the pros...he is that good.

Anyway...I'm happy either way but, would have loved to see Mcfadden w/ a star on his helmet.
I still think Barber gives more that what he takes.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I've never argued that Barber should get more than 80% of the snaps. I think optimally, he should get anywhere from 50-80% of the snaps from game to game. ...and I've also argued that he can/should be the starter. The committee approach is our best option and it should be for a long time coming.

I'd welcome DMAC, but the cost has to be right. All of our draft picks totaled up in value don't even equal the value of a top 5 pick. So we'd have to include players. However, Barber should NOT be one of those players.

Give me Barber and another back in the draft and we're good. We should be more worried about our OL.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

Quote:
I've never argued that Barber should get more than 80% of the snaps. I think optimally, he should get anywhere from 50-80% of the snaps from game to game. ...and I've also argued that he can/should be the starter. The committee approach is our best option and it should be for a long time coming.

I'd welcome DMAC, but the cost has to be right. All of our draft picks totaled up in value don't even equal the value of a top 5 pick. So we'd have to include players. However, Barber should NOT be one of those players.

Give me Barber and another back in the draft and we're good. We should be more worried about our OL.
.....Agreed ;)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why give him money when he has a chance to prove himself for us...we didn't give Romo a big deal before the season last year...no reason to do it for MB3 imo.

You think it has anything to do with the fact that Romo had played a half of a season before this year, and that qb is vitally more important then the rb position...also Barber has played 3 years and put up incredible stats for a guy who split carries his entire time, if he had only played a half of a season im sure Jerry would wait with him as well...

I think alot of you guys are treating him like he's 30 years old already, of course he cant last forever at rb, really who can...im not buying his career being shortened because he stiff arms with agression, he's just a physical runner, you guys act as if there has never been a physical/power runner who lasted 10 years in the nfl...he hasnt been used up like lj, hell even in college he split carries, he has NEVER been a workhorse anywhere he has been, he has alot more mileage then you guys are giving him credit for...

He's 24 years old, there is no reason for anyone to act like his career is over in a few years other then speculation so to each his own

You can use Earl Campbell for a base argument, he was a workhorse at Texas his entire tenure there, and was a bruising back who had 8 years of play and over 2,100 carries in the nfl, aside from the fact that he runs ALOT more physical then Barber does...He had at least 5 seasons over 300 carries in his career, something we dont ask Barber to do

Barber has not reached 400 carries yet, and his most were this past year with 204 and that was considered high for him...He split carries during college, he has split carries since he has been in the nfl and figured to continue to do so, so under what circumstances can anyone say he is going to break down any time soon? And by soon I mean next 4-5 years, unless you guys know something that I dont know I dont see any evidence to make me believe Barber isnt going to have the normal life span of rbs in the nfl...

Jerome Bettis also comes to mind, big, physical, I wonder if he was written off after 3 years as a guy who wont last long...Jerome was excellent late in his career doing what he does best with a fast guy like Parker in there, only difference is Barber has a better injury history then any of these other 2 guys

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-01-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

If Hamlin leaves, I doubt we move Henry to FS and bring in Florence and a Rookie CB.

That is very risky. A new position that Henry may not even end up panning out at, a JAG FA cb, and a rookie? Combined with Roy Williams? Are you kidding?

Honestly, that sounds like a very unlikely scenario to me.

That has the potential to be the worst secondary in the league.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see Henry moving at all...he was great at corner this season...it would be pointless, he is still very effective at CB. It would just be unnecessary...it would have made a lot more sense if they made the move last year but, Henry proved that he is still one hell of a corner.

I wouldnt worry about losing Hamlin...Jones said before the end of the season that re-signing him was a priority. We've had too many problems in the secondary to let Hamlin go. He'll be back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
How can you say that McFadden is better than Barber w/o him stepping foot on a pro football field? A few years ago I had agrued the same point about Michael Huff. I was pushing hard for us to sign Chris Hope that year and I believe it was D-Unit that argued that Huff was better than Hope. I personally just feel you cannot make that argument until they step foot on an nfl field.
Just go watch the LSU game...plenty of NFL talent on that defense to be able to judge what McFadden could do on a NFL field.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You think it has anything to do with the fact that Romo had played a half of a season before this year, and that qb is vitally more important then the rb position...also Barber has played 3 years and put up incredible stats for a guy who split carries his entire time, if he had only played a half of a season im sure Jerry would wait with him as well...

I think alot of you guys are treating him like he's 30 years old already, of course he cant last forever at rb, really who can...im not buying his career being shortened because he stiff arms with agression, he's just a physical runner, you guys act as if there has never been a physical/power runner who lasted 10 years in the nfl...he hasnt been used up like lj, hell even in college he split carries, he has NEVER been a workhorse anywhere he has been, he has alot more mileage then you guys are giving him credit for...

He's 24 years old, there is no reason for anyone to act like his career is over in a few years other then speculation so to each his own

You can use Earl Campbell for a base argument, he was a workhorse at Texas his entire tenure there, and was a bruising back who had 8 years of play and over 2,100 carries in the nfl, aside from the fact that he runs ALOT more physical then Barber does...He had at least 5 seasons over 300 carries in his career, something we dont ask Barber to do

Barber has not reached 400 carries yet, and his most were this past year with 204 and that was considered high for him...He split carries during college, he has split carries since he has been in the nfl and figured to continue to do so, so under what circumstances can anyone say he is going to break down any time soon? And by soon I mean next 4-5 years, unless you guys know something that I dont know I dont see any evidence to make me believe Barber isnt going to have the normal life span of rbs in the nfl...

Jerome Bettis also comes to mind, big, physical, I wonder if he was written off after 3 years as a guy who wont last long...Jerome was excellent late in his career doing what he does best with a fast guy like Parker in there, only difference is Barber has a better injury history then any of these other 2 guys
Both Bettis and Campbell had huge frames and were quite a bit bigger than MB3...that is the biggest difference that comes to mind.

Do I think he is necessarily going to wear out...no! I haven't claimed that here at all...I just simply stated that MB3 could be upgraded with McFadden...and if someone matched our tender to let him go.

I think when setting up a contract with a player you structure it idealy from the idea that he will fulfill the life of the contract...I have no problem with MB3 doing that in a 4-5 year term...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
If Hamlin leaves, I doubt we move Henry to FS and bring in Florence and a Rookie CB.

That is very risky. A new position that Henry may not even end up panning out at, a JAG FA cb, and a rookie? Combined with Roy Williams? Are you kidding?

Honestly, that sounds like a very unlikely scenario to me.

That has the potential to be the worst secondary in the league.
I doubt this too...but the only reason I bring it up is because our coaching staff had to role coverage up on off alot when Henry was on the field...maybe I'm off but it seemed that Henry was always moving up or off on the WR pre-snap...that screams to me that if the QB saw a certain coverage pre-snap that they would take their chance on the coverage...whether it was hitting a quick hitch or a deep move long on Henry....just something I picked up on...no real source or anything.

Now I have a feeling if Stewart is still our DC that our organization might feel quite strong about Florence...afterall most organizations feel good about a FA they bring in and think they got a steal relatively speaking...so if for some crazy reason our coaching staff thinks that the production loss from Henry/Florence is minimal it wouldn't surprise me one bit to even out the cap numbers across the secondary...as stupid as that sounds.

Another thing that I'm thinking about is on average how much are rookie corners picked on...thinking back across the past couple of years I can't think of a lot of guys that were first round picks that got toasted repeatably. I mean sure Leon Hall gave up a few plays and Aaron Ross wasn't perfect...but were they really targetted pre-snap like Reeves was? Just because we are a deep team does that mean we need a first round pick sitting 4th on the depth chart?

Think about that....when would he see the field? In our dime package right?

Wrong...we play with 3 safeties and 3 CB's....now obviously with a new influx of talent our personell packages could change....but how many teams run a dime package in the NFL as much as we do? I would be willing to wager we do it twice as much as the next highest team...because lets be honest how many teams have a Roy Williams who can push up into the box. The only other team that comes to mind of running 3 safety dime package is Arizona...and they did it from time to time...

My point is a 4th cornerback isn't going to see the field hardly at all if our scheme's stay the same...do you really want to see your first round pick sitting on the bench while your #2 corner is constantly rolling up and off in coverage to cover up a weakness? This is why I think that although...I might be out of left field right now....we could see something scarily similar next season.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Henry stated he would be willing to move to Safety if it meant doing what is best for the team. He has experience at safety so it wouldn't be totally foreign for him, plus he's a pretty intelligent player and we already know he can be physical. I'd love to see Henry flying into the backfield on a safety blitz and roaming the backfield layin the wood on WRs crossing the middle. He's got great instincts for picking the ball off. If Henry were to move to FS with Courtney Brown as his back up, I'd feel perfectly fine about it. Brown is still raw and not quite ready, but he's got great tools. I wouldn't put that out of the realm of the position being an upgrade. Henry is a certainly better coverage guy than Hamlin.

Hamlin has always been and should be a SS. I'd love him back at SS. We need him back and we need him at SS. Roy needs to restructure his contract and move to LB or move to the bench. Or Campo really needs to get Roy to fix his act. I think Campo can do it. I do. I can put up with one more year of this and give Campo a chance to see what he can do with Roy.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I cant wait until Roy's up to be a Free Agent, it seems like its so far away :( Id love to see Hamlin at SS, that would give us alot more versatility with one of the safeties...I havent seen Watkins play a meaningful game in awhile so I cant judge him to see if he's gotten any better but he was only a 5th rd pick I believe, dont have high hopes but Id like to see him get more passing down plays next year

Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it implausible to just trade Roy for a straight up pick? Which other teams would he fit in better in your guys' opinion? I'd be willing to take a 2nd.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I'm one of the people that think MBIII is overrated on this board. I think he's a good NFL running back but not a great one. He's top 15 or so.

DMAC will be, in my estimation, a top 5 back in the likes of Adrian Peterson, LT, Brian Westbrook, etc. mold.

However, I've never liked the idea of trading both #1's for DMAC if MBIII is still on the team. I would trade MBIII and the #28 pick for DMAC all day long.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Yes, I'm one of the people that think MBIII is overrated on this board. I think he's a good NFL running back but not a great one. He's top 15 or so.

DMAC will be, in my estimation, a top 5 back in the likes of Adrian Peterson, LT, Brian Westbrook, etc. mold.

However, I've never liked the idea of trading both #1's for DMAC if MBIII is still on the team. I would trade MBIII and the #28 pick for DMAC all day long.
He's a Top 5 back in my book. What he gives our team is not just calculated in yards on the stat sheet. He gives the team a nasty mentality on a team that I often thought was too soft. He's a motivational leader and a back with complete skills. He can run, block and catch.

DMAC will be a star in this league, no doubt. However, we can still be a great offense without him. If we don't trade for him and make bad selections instead, then we'll have problems. The key is to make the best use out of our picks.