Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal opinion for the draft... (Top Needs not picked by round)

1. RG (Rivera looks to have tailed off significantly)
2. LT (I love Flozell but, his lateral movement...ugh)
3. NT (Fergie has been excellent but, not getting any younger)
4. PR (Prior to injury Thompson was top in the NFC in KR avg so, I think we need a PR guy only.)
5. K (Lets see how Martin works out, we need someone)
6. WR (I dont really believe we need one but, a speed guy wouldnt hurt)
7. LB (with the loss of Ellis and the possible departure of Al, we could use some depth)

No need...

FS (I wanna see more of Watkins, not a huge liabilty, sure tackler)
CB (Glenn may be old but, he is still playing at a high level)
QB (Romo!!!, we will need a vet backup)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laron Landry is the real deal. He will be a top 10 pick once the combine rolls around. I guarantee he puts up better numbers speed / strength / size wise than any other safety in the nation. He will run 4.4 or lower. He ran a 4.34 coming out of High School.

Don't take this as a homer statement either, I think Jamarcus Russell will be the biggest bust in the first round if he's drafted that high. He makes the worst mental mistakes despite the talent to be a great player. Be fore warned that any team that expects to take Jamarcus and go on to great things is in for a rude awakening.

If Glenn Dorsey choses to come out as a Junior this year, any team that drafts him in the 3rd round is getting a steal!

As for the Cowboys, I personally think that the first round pick needs to be a CB / WR or RB. The only reason I put RB up there is if a talented RB slides to us unexpetedly (ala Stephen Jackson in 2004).

CB is an area where we have some serious talent but also is a position that a great player can help immediately without starting (nickel / dime and as a KR / PR or on other ST).

With regards to who we draft I take a different approach than some. I look to see if there is any position of QUANTITY that we lack talent at.

S - lots of just a guys on this team here, but Watkins has potential
LB - stacked
DL - stacked with possible exception of NT
OL - LT and RG are possibilities
WR - Definite need for talent here that is young.
QB - Set
RB - Most injury prone position in the NFL - MBIII is NOT, I repeat NOT a feature back for a full season
TE - Set

CB is a high demand position where you can never have too many CBs. Also, Nate Jones and Jaq Reeves are decent but if Newman or Henry went down for an extended period I'd be extremely worried. How long can Aaron Glenn be expected to play at a high level?

I really want us to draft a CB / WR / RB (whichever holds the most value at the pick available) in the first round.

I don't think we'll address OL until rounds 3+.

Also, I know alot of you don't read footballoutsiders.com but according to their metrics, Dallas is the ONLY team in the NFL in the top 5 in Offense and Defense based on success rate. You don't get that type of success rate with a terrible OL. Our OL is top 10 in the NFL right now so it doesn't concern me nearly as much as it appears to concern everyone else.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have said this once, but I think instead of going after a tailback we should try getting Brian Leonard for FB. He is somebody you can trust to run, block, and catch out of the backfield. That would also let us move Hoyte back to LB, though I don't know how likely that really is.

I think the best thing would be to address one of the OL positions and NT in free agency. I really don't think it is that likely that Parcells uses two first day picks on offensive linemen, and NT isn't an easy position to come into the NFL and play early. Hopefully Stanley puts on some more muscle in the off season and we can keep him too.

Other FA needs are- QB and K

If we can pick those up in FA I think we should draft-
OG or OT early
CB with return skills
Leonard
OL
Saftey
Maybe a QB
WR (if Crayton isn't resigned)
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
I have said this once, but I think instead of going after a tailback we should try getting Brian Leonard for FB. He is somebody you can trust to run, block, and catch out of the backfield. That would also let us move Hoyte back to LB, though I don't know how likely that really is.

I think the best thing would be to address one of the OL positions and NT in free agency. I really don't think it is that likely that Parcells uses two first day picks on offensive linemen, and NT isn't an easy position to come into the NFL and play early. Hopefully Stanley puts on some more muscle in the off season and we can keep him too.

OG or OT early
CB with return skills
Leonard
OL
Saftey
Maybe a QB
Leonard is the second coming of Richie Anderson... A Parcells guy but, the FB doesnt have a huge role in our O. Seems like it would be a pick wasted.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:

OG or OT early
CB with return skills
Leonard
OL
Saftey
Maybe a QB
Leonard is the second coming of Richie Anderson... A Parcells guy but, the FB doesnt have a huge role in our O. Seems like it would be a pick wasted.
Can you imagine alternating between 2 TE sets with Fasano to a traditional I with Leonard? Or a goal line formation with Leonard as the RB and Hoyte as the FB?

I think our chances of actually taking Leonard depend completely upon Hoyte's progression.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:

OG or OT early
CB with return skills
Leonard
OL
Saftey
Maybe a QB
I don't know, I wouldn't mind another Richie Anderson. He was stud for us during Parcells' first year with us. He was Quincy's favorite target throughout. But a FB is way down my list when it comes to needs. But still intriguing.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
What do yall think of the Levi Brown pick in the new mock? I don't think RT is really that big of a need anymore with Colombo playin well. I also don't think RT is a critically important position. Our track record of drafting o-lineman high is just so incredibly poor I'd rather see us address that in FA.
I like Levi Brown, but I don't like Scott's analysis. Is Columbo really as bad as Scott makes him out to be? I really haven't been paying attention to Columbo... but only because Romo hasn't been sacked 50 million times... I think that means he's playing alright.

I think Brown could be a good fit for us, but I'd want him to replace Flo. I haven't seen much of Brown so I don't know if he's projected better at LT or RT in the NFL... or even Guard. Maybe I'll do some research. What do you guys think? I have a hunch though that Brown is not a good candidate for Guard... If he's even willing to play it, knowing the money is at Tackle.
I think you guys should get that FA OG from Jacksonville, whats his name? Maniwawi or something. He'd be a good fit.

Then get that heralded OG, if he's off the board, I think you look at Jake Long. If he's off the board, then I think you give Levi some consideration.

The thing about Levi, he reminds me alot of Marcus McNeil. But whats the chances you find 2 gems 2 years in a row ya know? I don't know, its a tough call.

I actually have some concerns about Long right now. I did an indepth analysis of him during the Ohio State game, and I didn't like what I saw out of his pass protection. He's a bluecollar tough guy run blocker, but he's not technically sound enough of a pass blocker. His footwork in pass protection needs to improve, and he doesn't engage his DE in a lockup technique very well. I don't know, but for some reason I see some Gallery in him. Anyone else have similar thoughts?
I tried to pay attention to Long in that game, but I must admit, I was much more concerned with the score of the game. Thankfully, Michigan covered. ;) I respect your grade analysis of players and if you think that of Long then, it makes me think twice about wanting him. I still want him on the team, and hopefully his performance will cause his to drop some, because at his current rating, he seems to be going fairly high in mock drafts.

I loved Marcus McNeill in the beginning of the college season but his back problems caused to me to change my mind on him... as well as a lot of NFL experts who's reports I was reading on him. Amazing how bad info can have such an adverse effect. With the way he's been dominating this season, he should've been drafted ahead of D'Brick! HA!

As long as we address OL in the offseason whether through the draft or FA, I'll be a happy camper.

The Jags OL, you speak of is Vince Manuwai. On of the strongest players ever to come out of Hawaii.... according to Hawaii's strength coach.
Manuwai sounds like a freaking great FA acquisition for '07
Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for future mock purposes, do we have any extra picks or any less picks in the upcoming draft? Any trades we did in the past, or any possible compensation picks or anything like that?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My issue is that by definition Free Agents are over priced. By that I mean that the market price for any player is set by the average offered for that player. However, you aren't paying the average price, the FA signs for the HIGHEST offer. So by the very act of signing a FA you are overpaying for them.

It's no coincidence that the teams that consistantly use FA to build their team are typically disappointed in the results.

It's the free market at it's very finest.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id have to do some more research on Brown. I was posting earlier about taking a NT in round one to sure up the D-line. I like Amobi Okoye, although doesnt look like he is projected(so far) to go in the first round. We might think of trading out of RD 1 and getting an extra day one pick somehow. Any thoughts?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Id have to do some more research on Brown. I was posting earlier about taking a NT in round one to sure up the D-line. I like Amobi Okoye, although doesnt look like he is projected(so far) to go in the first round. We might think of trading out of RD 1 and getting an extra day one pick somehow. Any thoughts?
Depends whose still on the board. IF Blalock, or one of those Stud LT are still there I wouldn't pass on them.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
When you have a team with very few holes, trading down is a bad idea. You want to compile exceptional talent that could beat out the starters at some point, not draft more 'value' that might not see as much playing time.

When you are a bad team with no talent, you want to trade down. When you are a good team you pick where you are or if just the right situation occurs you trade up.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 11-28-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:
When you have a team with very few holes, trading down is a bad idea. You want to compile exceptional talent that could beat out the starters at some point, not draft more 'value' that might not see as much playing time.

When you are a bad team with no talent, you want to trade down. When you are a good team you pick where you are or if just the right situation occurs you trade up.
i see, well how about drafting a NT, sound good to you?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Theres no Vince Wilfork in this draft. So not in the 1st round.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't want them to do it in the first round. There isn't alot of true demand for a NT that plugs the run. Only someone like Ngata who can rush the passer warrants that type of early consideration. Pass rushing NT's aren't necessary. I'd rather they go for a skill position (includes CB in my mind) early.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 11-28-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think it is interesting to note that JJT the former Cowboys beat writer was asked which 3 positions worry Parcells the most and he said Kicker, FS, and NT, not RT or even RG. I would agree with that and I think we should be more concerned about replacing Rivera at RG than Colombo at RT.

LSU, I have to disagree with you on a couple points, I think there's a pretty good chance MB3 would have just as much success as a feature back and maybe even more although we may never know for sure, but I do understand the arguement of how the backup RB has the advantage of going against a D that's already begun to wear down. I also don't think we should be considering drafting a CB on the first day as we arguably have the best top 3 CBs in the league unless it was a guy on the second day who could also contribute as a kick and punt returner. I think Aaron Glenn will be able to play for at least 2 or 3 more years at a pretty high level.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think it is interesting to note that JJT the former Cowboys beat writer was asked which 3 positions worry Parcells the most and he said Kicker, FS, and NT, not RT or even RG. I would agree with that and I think we should be more concerned about replacing Rivera at RG than Colombo at RT.

LSU, I have to disagree with you on a couple points, I think there's a pretty good chance MB3 would have just as much success as a feature back and maybe even more although we may never know for sure, but I do understand the arguement of how the backup RB has the advantage of going against a D that's already begun to wear down. I also don't think we should be considering drafting a CB on the first day as we arguably have the best top 3 CBs in the league unless it was a guy on the second day who could also contribute as a kick and punt returner. I think Aaron Glenn will be able to play for at least 2 or 3 more years at a pretty high level.
What has Barber done to make you believe he can be a feature back? Really think about that, I can't think of anything. Maybe if you got to see practice you could see something, but we haven't really seen anything.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My issue is that by definition Free Agents are over priced. By that I mean that the market price for any player is set by the average offered for that player. However, you aren't paying the average price, the FA signs for the HIGHEST offer. So by the very act of signing a FA you are overpaying for them.

It's no coincidence that the teams that consistantly use FA to build their team are typically disappointed in the results.

It's the free market at it's very finest.
The best teams use the FA for the final touches on a team that was built through the draft, you never want your whole team counting on a good FA signing class (I'm looking at you Washington).
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quote:

What has Barber done to make you believe he can be a feature back? Really think about that, I can't think of anything. Maybe if you got to see practice you could see something, but we haven't really seen anything.
Well obviously he hasn't had as many carries or opportunities as JJ but he has really taken advantage of the somewhat limited playing time he gets. I think he is second in the NFC in TDs for RBs so obviously he has a nose for the goaline and is a strong short yardage runner. He also blocks and catches better than JJ which makes him an ideal 3rd down back. And probably most important of all despite the fact that he hasn't received as many carries or plays as JJ MB3 has yet to miss any significant time with injuries which durability is probably the best attribute a RB can have. I'm not saying MB3 should be the starter as we have a good system now and it would be dumb to try and fix something that's not broken but I also wouldn't be overly concerned if JJ went down again as I think MB3 has shown albeit in a somewhat limited role he can handle the load. On the fairly rare occasions that JJ was hurt and MB3 started he has played pretty well.

JD, with all due respect unless you have the sunday ticket package I doubt you have been able to watch every single game this year or last year for that matter in it's entirety and therefore couldn't have seen enough to make a fully informed judgement.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with you LSU...we need to go after a skill position rb/wr/cb

Personally I wouldn't be shocked if a guy fell and we offered up JJ as bait. I could see a team like GB interested in JJ which would give us about the pick that we used on him. That wouldn't be terrible. If a guy like Bush was sitting there it would sure make me think.

Personally I think there is one guy in the first round that we HAVE to get. Teddy Ginn baby. He is so explosive he would be able to play from the start. He could contribute on special teams if needed and he is a game breaker. With a team with not many holes...trading up shouldn't hurt you much as long as you don't give away your future. This could be hard to get up that far...but we have some bait. We are deep at a few positions. IDK if we have the ammo to move into the top 10...but we should be able to move into the 12-18 area depending on where we are.

If we don't land him...then my next playmaker is McCauley...he has probabally the most potential out of everyone in this draft...but he is raw. He would be a solid pick at the end of round one if he performs well at the combine which he should...probabally one of the faster CB's in this draft.

If a top LT or a guy named Blalock fall I would be very interested in that...but I have a feeling we go RG in FA....lets face it our line would have very little experience and flozell hasn't seemed to take a leadership role from what i've seen. Koiser has some experience but doesn't rub off as a leader to me...Gurode enough said...and Columbo doesn't have enough experience at this time. I think with a deep RG FA market we could pick up a nice player. This would allow us to go BPA the whole draft realistically.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I can't see any reason why we would draft a CB or RB in the first two rounds. We are set at RB for now with JJ and MB3, I think we're top ten in rush offense. We're also set at CB with Newman and Henry. Newman and Henry aren't going anywhere, if we drafted a CB he would only be a nickel CB at best for the first 2 or 3 years.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can pick a goo CB or WR in the second round too.. The two players I really like are Limas Sweed and Daymon Hughes.. I think they are 2nd/3rd round projects right now, and they have huge potential.

FS has been our biggest problem on defense since Woodson retired (do you remember when we started Lynn Scott?) so i'm for takin a stud FS in the first. Watkins has potential, but imagine a guy like Nelson near Roy Williams. They will be the best safety combo in the league, and they'll allow us to be very aggressive with our front seven..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
I think we can pick a goo CB or WR in the second round too.. The two players I really like are Limas Sweed and Daymon Hughes.. I think they are 2nd/3rd round projects right now, and they have huge potential.

FS has been our biggest problem on defense since Woodson retired (do you remember when we started Lynn Scott?) so i'm for takin a stud FS in the first. Watkins has potential, but imagine a guy like Nelson near Roy Williams. They will be the best safety combo in the league, and they'll allow us to be very aggressive with our front seven..
Sweed is about a 10% chance of comming out from what i've read...not likely at all.

Hughes is good but would you rather have McCauley for potential purpuses? What makes you favor Hughes of McCauley.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I can't see any reason why we would draft a CB or RB in the first two rounds. We are set at RB for now with JJ and MB3, I think we're top ten in rush offense. We're also set at CB with Newman and Henry. Newman and Henry aren't going anywhere, if we drafted a CB he would only be a nickel CB at best for the first 2 or 3 years.
The point is we are pretty much set everywhere. The draft is a great place to get big time players for cheaper. Like LSU said FA is a gone to the highest bidder...if you can keep youth at your key positions you can be good. Our running game has been good I agree...but I believe we are tlaking about shipping JJ to bring one in.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-29-2006, 02:17 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was going to post this in my first post, but i decided to leave it out.- I think we should wait until next year to go after a top WR in the draft. They would see limited time for probably a couple years. Also the only round 1 WR that I would want is Calvin Johnson, and that isn't going to happen.

I think most people agree that we need to bring in another speed guy with Glenn getting up there in years, and Robert Meachem would be a great target next year. I highly doubt he comes out this year.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote