Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Everyone does realize that both Roy Williams and Javon Walker have serious injury concerns, right?

Williams has only stayed healthy throughout the course of the season once in his career.

Javon Walker has had consistent injury problems.

Walker is a different story because he may be a FA, but I'm def. not the biggest Roy Williams fan, especially for a first.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
February 8, 2008
Cowboys getting new LB coach
10:43 PM Fri, Feb 08, 2008 | Permalink
Todd Archer E-mail News tips
Reggie Herring will replace Paul Pasqualoni as the Cowboys' linebackers coach, according to a source, a little more than a month he was named the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M.

Before joining the Aggies, Herring served as Arkansas' interim coach for the Cotton Bowl, taking over for Houston Nutt.

Herring, 48, has spent two years in the NFL, serving as Houston’s linebackers coach in 2002-03 where he worked with Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart. Herring broke into coaching in 1981 with Jimmy Johnson at Oklahoma State after his playing career at Florida State ended.

The Cowboys had talked with Gregg Williams about the position before he joined Jacksonville this week as its defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have had discussions with Dom Capers about a job on Phillips’ staff.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

What does this mean for capers? I think he might come in as an consultant, which I would love.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Guys, watch this pro-bowl interview:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80696539

Does it sound like there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with roy. It sounds like, well, he is ***....
Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

Does it sound like there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with roy. It sounds like, well, he is ***....
ya there is a problem! hows someone who covers that bad make it to 5 straight pro bowls! maybe he should join bowles in miami for a 2nd or what not. ;)
Old 02-09-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

i still think theres a chance for him to be DC.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picking up another guy from the Texans really makes me think we did it for Stewart...no way Capers is the DC this year imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Picking up another guy from the Texans really makes me think we did it for Stewart...no way Capers is the DC this year imo.
i think he needs to be involved some way definately.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDWTheSickness View Post
i think he needs to be involved some way definately.
Obviously we would love to have him here...but it is entirely up him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Capers will come here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D, are you going to the game?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't be surprised to see Capers take a year off and next year if Garrett is moved up...Capers to be brought in.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He wants to be a coordinator...I didnt think it was the best fit but, he was reportedly waiting on the Spags situation. So, he could potentially move in w/ the Giants and his boy Coughlin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He wants to be a coordinator...I didnt think it was the best fit but, he was reportedly waiting on the Spags situation. So, he could potentially move in w/ the Giants and his boy Coughlin.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

Personally I agree, and I think it may be much of what his inner struggles have been about. I think it may even be the reason for his decline. But I have already been warned that we may not speculate about such things on this board when I brought up the topic in another thread, so watch it.

If it was the case, it really is unfortunate that some people are so intolerable of others choices to the point that it can ruin someones career and life. I watched it happen to my uncle.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

This is some mesed up stuff. Sounds like roy is in a world in which he is climbing a mountain that he will never reach the top of. It says corny and "****", but this could have turned possibly what could have became the best or one of the best Safeies in NFL history into a joke.

For Now.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bears are unlikely to place the franchise tag on impending free agent Bernard Berrian.

Berrian averaged a career low 13.4 yards per catch in 2007, but that was mainly due to terrible quarterback play. He did score five times and caught a personal best 71 passes. Berrian, who just turned 27, is still improving and will be the most attractive player at his position when free agency begins on February 29.
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...NFL&id=36&nc=0

we might take a look at him as well if he hits the market...I certainly wouldnt be against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather have Berrian over Walker that's for sure. We know what we were going to get out of him. Speed, big play ability, though I did see a few plays where gave up on some routes, but I still wouldn't mind him at all.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Personally I agree, and I think it may be much of what his inner struggles have been about. I think it may even be the reason for his decline. But I have already been warned that we may not speculate about such things on this board when I brought up the topic in another thread, so watch it.

If it was the case, it really is unfortunate that some people are so intolerable of others choices to the point that it can ruin someones career and life. I watched it happen to my uncle.

Huh?? Not sure what you meant by this, I saw the interview and didnt make much of it, Im just counting the years left we have to start him out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHA Snyder is an Idiot....http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
wow, glad i ain't a skins fan
Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I thought it would be about how much over the cap they are.

Questionable move for sure.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I thought it would be about how much over the cap they are.

Questionable move for sure.
haha me too at 1st. 20 million!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Herring appears to be the new LBs coach.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do you all think of Flozell getting the franchise tag?

Me? At least it's just a one year deal. I'm ready to find our future LT in the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I was all over this a week ago....I saw that it was on a pro-bowl interview do you have a solid link for it yet d?

Designs by me
Quote: