Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So what do you all think of Flozell getting the franchise tag?

Me? At least it's just a one year deal. I'm ready to find our future LT in the draft.
Wow didnt know that but im glad its done, smart move...Cant think of anyone else who I would rather give it to, but we need to make sure we have a guy fully and ready to step into that role next year...By then Flozell will be on the downside of his career and time to let him go anyway, if we have our guy already fine, if not I wouldnt mind Chris Williams or Anthony Collins this year with one year to learn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt hear anything about him getting the tag. Dukes and him were talking about it in an interview but, it seemed as though he caught Flozell of guard. When he said "You're getting Tagged" Flozell didnt confirm anything. You cant make a judgement just based off of that interview.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barry Richardson given a look by us....I just can't help but think that Hudson loves big lineman.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I like the idea of Anthony Collins--an athletic guy with plenty of potential in the mid rounds. That's the smart way to build a line.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I know the pro-bowl means nothing, but I have 2 observations after watching the first half:

1. I love Romo. I think our offense is fine. Just the kid's playmaking ability is amazing to watch, even if your a giants fan. We need to fix the defense. Get a CB and true NT. Our offense will be great.

2. All this talk about trading up for mcfadden, while we should have done what was rumored last year, and traded up for AD. Imagine AD and the barbian in the same backfield. He is a beast. He is making all-pro's look like practice squaders.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didn't have the ammo last year to get AD...we have it to get McFadden this year if he falls like AD did...but yes watching AD run it makes you wonder.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo may have been looking at MVP if Cooley didnt drop that pass, leading to the pick....damn Skins. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-10-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I know the pro-bowl means nothing, but I have 2 observations after watching the first half:

1. I love Romo. I think our offense is fine. Just the kid's playmaking ability is amazing to watch, even if your a giants fan. We need to fix the defense. Get a CB and true NT. Our offense will be great.

2. All this talk about trading up for mcfadden, while we should have done what was rumored last year, and traded up for AD. Imagine AD and the barbian in the same backfield. He is a beast. He is making all-pro's look like practice squaders.

I dont remember any rumor about us getting AD, we didnt have enough to give up to move up that far unless we wanted to give up a future first, so we would have no anthony spencer along with no first this year...I know AD is special but you cant compare every future rb who comes out to him and expect the same thing...

Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

What do you guys think of Fergy? I know he is getting up in years, but I would be fine with canty and ratliff at DE with tank and fergy splitting time at NT.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Roy Williams and Suan Rogers are now both on the trading block.

I say give them carp (OLB in the 4-3), and spears, and mayeb a 3rd rounder.

Wow would we be STACKED.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:

Wow would we be STACKED.

wow this is so Madden-esque...

so for a #1 WR and a starting NT ur gonna give Detroit a LB who barely ever played a down, a DE/LB who is suited for a 3-4 when they run a 4-3 and a third round pick???? That's a little uneven. And by a little i mean....holy ******* wow uneven!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

Wow would we be STACKED.
I'm still not sold on Roy Williams. He is injured almost every year (only been healthy once) and we saw what happened to this team when T.O. went down.

If he is a compliment to the team, then yes, if we are planning our future around him, no.

He is not T.O. and never will be. He can't carry a team when surrounded by mediocre receivers.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Romo may have been looking at MVP if Cooley didnt drop that pass, leading to the pick....damn Skins. :)
yeah damn Cooley he threw an INT. Also damn Brad Johnson for holding that clip board wrong on the INT to McQuarters too.

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
yeah damn Cooley he threw an INT. Also damn Brad Johnson for holding that clip board wrong on the INT to McQuarters too.
wow, someone get offended easy?

Moth was clearly joking.

but hey, maybe you guys will get to play in the second round next year. :)
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
wow, someone get offended easy?

Moth was clearly joking.

but hey, maybe you guys will get to play in the second round next year. :)
have u won a playoff game in the last 12 years??

btw mine was a joke as well

Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
have u won a playoff game in the last 12 years??

btw mine was a joke as well
I didnt know the history of an nfl franchise only went 12 years back, silly me.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I didnt know the history of an nfl franchise only went 12 years back, silly me.
of course not but when making a remark about getting to the second round of the playoffs when you haven't won a playoff game in 12 years. Your best shot at getting to the Superbowl is if they would give you a bye all the way to it.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Damn...you cant say anything anymore w/ out someone getting all riled up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

It's chill. I would be heated too if we just Hired Jim Zorn to run the team and fired our best coach in Gregg Williams, who all of the players loved.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Stop the trolling...it's against the rules...I don't want to have to take action...this goes for both sides.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

Quote:
It's chill. I would be heated too if we just Hired Jim Zorn to run the team and fired our best coach in Gregg Williams, who all of the players loved.
im actually excited about the Jim Zorn hire. he reminds me of garrett i just hope he has the same success :)

just glad its not Fassel....whew lol

Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still not sold on Roy Williams. He is injured almost every year (only been healthy once) and we saw what happened to this team when T.O. went down.

If he is a compliment to the team, then yes, if we are planning our future around him, no.

He is not T.O. and never will be. He can't carry a team when surrounded by mediocre receivers.
go see the game he had against the eagles vs lito sheppard and sheldon brown.
he's bigger and faster than most db's, jumps through the roof and catches the ball away from his body.
this guy's great and if we could get him for just a first rounder it would
be an absolute robbery
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
go see the game he had against the eagles vs lito sheppard and sheldon brown.
he's bigger and faster than most db's, jumps through the roof and catches the ball away from his body.
this guy's great and if we could get him for just a first rounder it would
be an absolute robbery
I was always a fan of Williams in college. He's a true #1 receiver. The injury concerns are legitimate, but I still think he'd be worth a first round pick. Not two, though--that was the huge mistake we made with Joey Galloway. Never again.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Look like we hired Brett Maxie to help with the secondary today.

Capers also officially said he won't be a cowboy this year.

I still have a feeling ilke we'll have a new DC with the cowboys next year and I can't wait....everyone we hired on our staff has ties to Capers....it's just stupid not to have it done.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-11-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

On a less newsworthy note...how awesome did it look yesterday in the probowl to see Romo throwing to Fitz....If only it were possible :P

Designs by me
Quote: