Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on everything, thule...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm not sure our line getting dominated in one half of a game by arguably the best defensive line in football means that they are overrated. I'd say once we get Gurode to figure out shotgun snaps, and someone with more talent than Kosier, we might have the best line in football.
Once that happens??? People are already calling our line one of the best in football. That's what I'm saying.

We need those improvements you speak of. And we need to resolve what's going to happen at LT, whether Flozell stays or goes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though Barber played well...I think it was a pretty dumb idea to make that switch in a playoff game, after 16 weeks of Julius starting. Even though Barber is better, you should not mess w/ what got you there.

It was also stupid to run Barber and our line into the ground in the 1st half...after being a pass heavy team the whole year. Our line wasnt ready, nor used to that...they had nothing left by the 4th quarter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-12-2008 at 01:46 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Our offense dominated the first half.
Physically but not on the scoreboard. 14-14.

Quote:
...they didn't do one thing wrong outside of a dropped pass on our first possession and a false start penalty by Columbo before we scored....we played a great half of football on offense
14 points is fine but not great.

Quote:
can you give examples of where our offense fluttered
The entire second half??? Your Offense fluttered the entire second half versus the Giants.

Quote:
...a 20 play drive and another drive that went about as good as it could go really make me think your talking out of your ass.
I am talking out of my ass?

Last I checked you play 60 minutes of football and the Dallas Offense did nothing in the second half of the game. 3 points, early in the 3rd Q. Look no further for blame.

To pick on Williams, Reeves and Fasano .... seems like misplaced anger.

PS what is with the constant name calling?

Last edited by kingjames : 02-12-2008 at 01:56 PM.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
Physically but not on the scoreboard. 14-14.

14 points is fine but not great.

The entire second half??? Your Offense fluttered the entire second half versus the Giants.

I am talking out of my ass?

Last I checked you play 60 minutes of football and the Dallas Offense did nothing in the second half of the game. 3 points, early in the 3rd Q. Look no further for blame.

To pick on Williams, Reeves and Fasano .... seems like misplaced anger.

PS what is with the constant name calling?
I could have sworn I said my evalutation of the first half...but it's not there...so sorry about the outburst...I'll go into the second half probably later today....

Chalk this one up on me man.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
I could have sworn I said my evalutation of the first half...but it's not there...so sorry about the outburst...I'll go into the second half probably later today....

Chalk this one up on me man.
That is fine.

I will say this about the #31/#35 thing at the end of the half -- it gave the Giants confidence. Their play was poor and the D Coordinator kind of sat there like a victim. But your O had lots of opportunities to pull away in the second half COMFORTABLY and did not.

Also a key confidence related issue, it was the Offense winning games all year in the second half. The fact they could not win the game when the D played ok is what is surprising. If I am there as a player and coach I am saying -- what the hell is wrong with the O? It was like your team strength was taken away so you where no at good overall.

OT: I found it strange that last year the Offense was blamed for many of the Cowboys short comings when it was really the Defense that blew up that team's chemistry. This year just the oppositte. To me the D played fine all season with no major breakdowns but Offense really blew the wheels off the vehicle in December and January.

Yet in the media, seems to talk it up the other way. Crazy talk.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
That is fine.

I will say this about the #31/#35 thing at the end of the half -- it gave the Giants confidence. Their play was poor and the D Coordinator kind of sat there like a victim. But your O had lots of opportunities to pull away in the second half COMFORTABLY and did not.

Also a key confidence related issue, it was the Offense winning games all year in the second half. The fact they could not win the game when the D played ok is what is surprising. If I am there as a player and coach I am saying -- what the hell is wrong with the O? It was like your team strength was taken away so you where no at good overall.

OT: I found it strange that last year the Offense was blamed for many of the Cowboys short comings when it was really the Defense that blew up that team's chemistry. This year just the oppositte. To me the D played fine all season with no major breakdowns but Offense really blew the wheels off the vehicle in December and January.

Yet in the media, seems to talk it up the other way. Crazy talk.
The D played fine all year? Give me a break. They ranked OK in certain aspects of the game but were nothing outside of average.

They gave up way too many points and had plenty of non-factors. Bradie James is overhyped for 1. Ayodele, Spears, and Roy are all just warm bodies. and Jacque Reeves was the worst CB in the league.

Honestly, I thought this was Rob, but I am no longer positive. Support for the D and Roy Williams and Jacque Reeves? Pretty sure it's Rob just trying not to act like Rob (For the record I want rob back, I agree with a lot of what he says, and we can stop reading "you guys" and go back to "we") but come on. You are spitting out idiotic nonsense.

The offense carried this team. 2nd highest scoring Team in the league. The defense was 13th in points allowed and 13th in passing yards allowed.

Last edited by Burns336 : 02-12-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

There was a rumor that anthony henry would be cut on antoher forum (footballsfuture).....He said he saw it on other sites and heard it on the radio...
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

This board is like a shooting gallery ....... I will try ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
The D played fine all year? Give me a break. They ranked OK in certain aspects of the game but were nothing outside of average.
Usually saying something is "Fine" is fairly close to saying "Average." If I had chosen outstanding I can see the vitriol.

Regardless, I think this is missing the central point.

It was you Offense that cost you December momentum and Playoffs in 2007. It was your Defense that cost you in 2006.

Quote:
They gave up way too many points and had plenty of non-factors. Bradie James is overhyped for 1. Ayodele, Spears, and Roy are all just warm bodies. and Jacque Reeves was the worst CB in the league.
They were 9th in the league. Eliminate NE and the numbers are really good. Heck NE was the "greatest ever" so you can refer to it as an anomaly. W/O NE 18 PPG is very respectable. Dare I say fine.

Your D played fine in 2007. It did not cost you a game in 2007 unlike it costing you games in 2006.

Kudos to Wade for that.

Quote:
Honestly, I thought this was Rob, but I am no longer positive. Support for the D and Roy Williams and Jacque Reeves? Pretty sure it's Rob just trying not to act like Rob (For the record I want rob back, I agree with a lot of what he says, and we can stop reading "you guys" and go back to "we") but come on. You are spitting out idiotic nonsense.
And what idiotic nonsense is that? Looks like a lot of name calling with no real substance.

Roy is a 4-3 safety, not a 3-4. Reeves is Dime Corner. Wrote that well over 2 weeks ago in another thread.

With respect to the GMen game, I said the coaches blew it by having them play the same side of the field. A few of the similar names came out swinging ... as usual .... and today the collective moved around to a new position (same one I noted on gameday) and PO'ed about a loss form 4 weeks ago..

Quote:
The offense carried this team. 2nd highest scoring Team in the league. The defense was 13th in points allowed and 13th in passing yards allowed.
Not saying you have a great defense or that they even played great. What I am saying is they played FINE all season. Well enough to win all 4 December games and the January game.

Telling me Philly, Redskin and GMen losses are b/c the D played bad?????? Um, no.

It was your "Pro Bowl" Offensive roster that blew it in December and January. I just can't even see the debate on this point. They scored a max of what 17 points in those 3 losses?

All good dude. Don't get your knickers in a knot. But the O stunk it up when it counted. Looking for people to blame -- start with the OC and work backwards.

Last edited by kingjames : 02-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
This board is like a shooting gallery ....... I will try ........

Usually saying something is "Fine" is fairly close to saying "Average." If I had chosen outstanding I can see the vitriol.

Regardless, I think this is missing the central point.

It was you Offense that cost you December momentum and Playoffs in 2007. It was your Defense that cost you in 2006.

They were 9th in the league. Eliminate NE and the numbers are really good. Heck NE was the "greatest ever" so you can refer to it as an anomaly. W/O NE 18 PPG is very respectable. Dare I say fine.

Your D played fine in 2007. It did not cost you a game in 2007 unlike it costing you games in 2006.

Kudos to Wade for that.

And what idiotic nonsense is that? Looks like a lot of name calling with no real substance.

Roy is a 4-3 safety, not a 3-4. Reeves is Dime Corner. Wrote that well over 2 weeks ago in another thread.

With respect to the GMen game, I said the coaches blew it by having them play the same side of the field. A few of the similar names came out swinging ... as usual .... and today the collective moved around to a new position (same one I noted on gameday) and PO'ed about a loss form 4 weeks ago..

Not saying you have a great defense or that they even played great. What I am saying is they played FINE all season. Well enough to win all 4 December games and the January game.

Telling me Philly, Redskin and GMen losses are b/c the D played bad?????? Um, no.

It was your "Pro Bowl" Offensive roster that blew it in December and January. I just can't even see the debate on this point. They scored a max of what 17 points in those 3 losses?

All good dude. Don't get your knickers in a knot. But the O stunk it up when it counted. Looking for people to blame -- start with the OC and work backwards.
What if I were to say the D shouldn't of given up a momentum changing touchdown before the end of the half. Maybe that was the reason for the meltdown.

This D is not what it should be. The offense can't come through every week. No offense can. Not even the pats.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
What if I were to say the D shouldn't of given up a momentum changing touchdown before the end of the half. Maybe that was the reason for the meltdown.

This D is not what it should be. The offense can't come through every week. No offense can. Not even the pats.
That was one drive and based on that you rake them over the coals for an entire season at 13-3? There is always room for improvement but sheesh ...........

I heard an interesting interview with Michael Strahan who said the Cowboys loss to the Eagles (7 Off points was it?) gave the Giants confidence they could beat the Cowboys in Irving. He went on to say they knew had a better D than the Eagles and a better O. So if the Eagles D could dominate the Cowboys Pro-Bowl Offense in Irving the GMen could do it too. He further added, the GMen beat the Eagles up twice so more the reason for faith. Lastly, he felt the best team they played in 2007 was the Cowboys but the Gmen wanted it more.

Moving along, your 2007 failure is a direct function of your "Pro Bowl" Offense failing in December and January and last year the D was to blame. YET, it is twisted irony that the D is blamed for this year and the O last year. Really just crazy talk
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We re-signed that stud Long Snapper of ours...to a 5 year extension...haha.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...ABN4130773.htm

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I have never seen a bad snap. Always on the money
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I have never seen a bad snap. Always on the money
yup...good signing to get the ball rolling. I was a little surprised it was for 5 years but, it's good to have that stability.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-14-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Colombo is lobbying for Flo to stay:

Quote:
Colombo: Flo must stay!
3:01 PM Thu, Feb 14, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips
Cowboys RT Marc Colombo's never been known for making outlandish statements. In fact, he doesn't say a lot publicly at all.

So when he says something, you listen. And his words were particularly strong this morning at the Michael Johnson Performance Center, when he was questioned on the importance of keeping prospective free agent and his bookend Flozell Adams on board.

"Show me a better tackle," Colombo said. "I think he’s the best pass blocking left tackle in all of football. I’m hoping they do (re-sign him), because he’s a good friend of mine and it keeps the offensive line together. He’s the only one now that’s free. If they can sign him, it’s huge."

There remains the option of slapping the franchise tag on him. The deadline for that is a week from today. The cost would be a one-year, $9 million tender.

"He’s an unbelievable left tackle and I think he had one of the best years he’s ever had here last year," Colombo added. "He has plenty of years left, and he goes out every week and shuts down unbelievable defensive ends. That’s all you can ask for in a left tackle."

Another benefit would be keeping the starting five intact. Continuity is crucial along the offensive line, with players' ability to work in concert with each other vital to the group's success as a whole.

"It’s invaluable," Colombo said. "It’s unbelievable to keep what you have and just be able to build on it. People leaving or signing somewhere else, it adds a different chemistry. I think we have the right mix and the right chemistry now to do some pretty good things."

Ideally, Colombo would like be part of that for more than just next year.

The two-year deal he signed last spring expires after 2008, so that's no certainty. But the best situation, he thinks, is the one he's already in.

"I’d like to have them put an investment in me for the future and I want to be around for, obviously, the new stadium," he said. "I feel like as an offensive line, we work really well together and I don’t want to be moving around again. I want to be here."
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

I love it when NFL players back up what you say, don't you?

4th and 5th paragraphs from the bottom.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

I'm happy to hear that Columbo wants to be here for the long run. I do realize that he'll want a handsome contract though. It'll be interesting to see how we manage our cap and what happens with Marten.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I love it when NFL players back up what you say, don't you?

4th and 5th paragraphs from the bottom.
Continuity is critical, but so is having a vision for the future and continually looking to improve. It's all about pushing the right buttons at the right time.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Colombo will stay on the team after his contract expires... Even he continues to play well, Marten was picked to be our future RT. We spent our second pick in the draft to get him, and I think Colombo will ask for big money...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I think Marten or Free will take over for Columbo.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I firmly believe Free is the future at LT. Marten is the RT.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out what Bills fans are STILL talking about lol http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41331

Seems they cant get over their loss to us.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Flozell Adams, the left tackle, is an unrestricted free agent and the Cowboys are waiting to see what he gets on the open market before extending a deal. Colombo wants Adams, who is considered one of the top left tackles in the league, to return. If the price for Adams is too high for the Cowboys, Pat McQuistan starts at left tackle. -- Dallas Morning News

Things are getting a little scary when it comes to Flo now, it may be a little more difficult than I thought it would be, to re-sign him...but, it does seem as though, we are content w/ Free and McQ battling it out. Yesterday on ESPN News they were talking about how Jerry saw the Tackle situation. He (Jerry) was reported as saying, they have been gearing up the last couple of years just in case they lose Flo and that they are still great shape at the position.

Then they preceded in going into a couple of scenarios.

1. McQ/Free gets the job
2. Leonard Davis moves to T and we draft/sign a RG (NOOOOOOOOO)
3. Colombo slides over to LT and Marten or McQ start at RT

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-19-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just reading up about this, im sure Flozell is going to get an offer more then what we want to pay him, alot of teams need a LT right now and have nobody, atl is a thought if they draft a qb...Im fine with it, im guessing our faith in who we have dictates if we address it during the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of things:

1. We were all kicking this around and I mentioned that how they handle Flo will tell us a lot about how they feel about the young guys. I think this is a clear signal that they would like to have Flo, but if he's too expensive, they feel comfortable with the kids.

2. I think Free wins this job outright in camp. And I think he's the LT for 10 years. BTW, Columbo can NOT play LT.

3. Davis needs to stay at G, and I would love to grab Albert the G out of Virginia in the draft. That would give us Free, Albert, Geroud, Davis and Columbo/Marten with McQ as the swing man for the next 5 years. That would be very solid, IMO.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote