Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part of signing him to a 1st round tender(speculation and wouldn't believe a thing posted on FF ever since it's the most pathetic site i've been on) but just if this is true I would be plesently happy.

This allows teams to actually think about adding MB3...no team bites for 1st and 3rd imo...but a 1st is actually doable...then it comes down where to you view the pick...lets not forget we can match any offer...if a team in the teens wants to take him...it's hard to justify keeping him around...lets not get to built up MB3 for a top 20 pick is a steal for us.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The best part of signing him to a 1st round tender(speculation and wouldn't believe a thing posted on FF ever since it's the most pathetic site i've been on) but just if this is true I would be plesently happy.

This allows teams to actually think about adding MB3...no team bites for 1st and 3rd imo...but a 1st is actually doable...then it comes down where to you view the pick...lets not forget we can match any offer...if a team in the teens wants to take him...it's hard to justify keeping him around...lets not get to built up MB3 for a top 20 pick is a steal for us.
funny that this was brought up cause i was talking to a buddy of mine about this situation happening.. tendering him a first, and if another team came up to sign him, letting him go. With three firsts you definitely have more flexibility on who to choose. You could trade up to take a McKelvin or Mendenhall, whichever one you take there might still be a DRC or J-Stew at the next pick, then taking a WR in the 2nd or what not.
IMO, i'd love this to happen because im just not a huge fan of MBIII
playing by himself back there. Yes, he's a strong, physical runner,
but he doesnt have the top speed that Stewart or Mendenhall have,
while they still possess the same amount of power and burst, with even
more agility. He's one bad angle away from having a career threatening
injury, and i just don't see the intelligence behind trying to run over
every defender. If he wanted to leave, i'd be the first
to show him the door
Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

my biased love for MBIII causes me to hate any deal where he leaves...

If someone came in and ran well for us, I would quickly turn that frown upside down -- but I'm definitely an MBIII fan for life.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
my biased love for MBIII causes me to hate any deal where he leaves...

If someone came in and ran well for us, I would quickly turn that frown upside down -- but I'm definitely an MBIII fan for life.
What if he just dropped his head a bit low when a big guy came in to tackle him and he blew out his neck?
That situation is not very far-fetched and with the
way he plays, it kinda scares me..
especially if he's going to ask for
Shaun Alexander money...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MB3 can stay and be my back for the next 10 years...no problem with this...just saying that anyone who offers a first round pick in the top 20 is too good of a deal to pass up.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-27-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What if he just dropped his head a bit low when a big guy came in to tackle him and he blew out his neck?

That can happen to anyone at any time, no matter what position or running style.

I love MBIII, I wouldn't like to see him go, but if somebody offers a first it might be too good to pass up.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
That can happen to anyone at any time, no matter what position or running style.

I love MBIII, I wouldn't like to see him go, but if somebody offers a first it might be too good to pass up.
yeah, i understand that..
anyone can fall into a well, but if you play around one dont you
think your chances are a little higher than the rest?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I see where that logic comes from, but I don't like it. We don't need 3 first rounders. We don't need any more ammo than we already have. This is a weak draft for top tier talent. Barber and 2 firsts for McFadden is a bad deal. 3 firsts for McFadden is also a bad deal. We just need a complimentary back and there are plenty of those in this draft.

Let's say we drafted McFadden and made him our full time back. That's a damn scary thought. All our chips in his basket is a bad idea. He's a committee back himself!

I just hate the idea. Trade Barber for a 1st rounder so what? So we can take Felix Jones? You gotta be kidding me. I'd rather have Barber than Mendenhall and Stewart too. Barber absorbs hits better than those two because he is a cut back runner and slips away from would be tacklers. Mendenhall and Stewart run straight into defenders. All the talk of Barber being a violent runner who will get injured in no time is nonsense. Complete nonsense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way D-Mac is going to be a full-time back if we get him. Even if Barber is out of the picture...we'd get someone to compliment D-Mac.

This whole 1st round tender thing is strange...if this is right, that shows you right there that Jerry is not really afraid to let Barber go and is basically asking for it. It's not like you're saving that much money on a move like that...maybe he just doesnt like Barber.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

D we differ in what we see in Mendenhall is a stud and is a better runner than MB3 not to mention can take it to the house just as good as a speed back.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be very upset to see him go if it happens, I feel like he could of been our Jerome Bettis as so long as we kept another guy in the rotation, 2 back systems have worked well anyway...

I dont know what we plan on doing, as of now everything is pure speculation, but for one Barber isnt demanding Alexander money, nor do I think thats what he should get...Alexander was coming off a td record, and multiple seasons as the lone back, so barber isnt even in any comparison and neither would his contract, I dont think we would have to give him the hugest deal either for him to stay here...Id really be sad to see him go, he's got another 4-5 years at least of running exactly the way he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I really don't think Barber takes more punishment than any other back in the league...

We all have this "looking for contact, violent running style" pegged on him, when in reality, a lot of the contact comes from guys missing leg tackles on him and him dishing out stiff arms.

I've seen him take guys on head up a few times, but its not like it happens more than 2-3 times a game which is around what any other RB absorbs.

Hell, I saw him take Pierce on head up and run him over and Pierce is a pretty stout dude.

McFadden/Peterson's upright running style can be questioned just as much as Barbers so I don't see how having McFadden alone is seen as a solution.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really know if anyone would give us a first for Marion. Like I said, Jerry is basically asking for it, though...he could have easily put a 1st and 3rd on him and no one would pay that...But still, it's a draft deep in RBs...I'm not so sure someone would want to give up a 1st for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D we differ in what we see in Mendenhall is a stud and is a better runner than MB3 not to mention can take it to the house just as good as a speed back.
Yeah, but that's cool. I think guys like Mendenhall come along every year. You don't find a Barber every year. Plus, I don't think it's smart to have a full time back anymore in today's NFL. If I had to go that route, I like Stewart hands down. I think he's got an awesome NFL future. Top 5 fantasy back sooner rather than later. Mendenhall... he'll be good, but I'll take Barber and put him on my team first. He's truly a special type of back.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont really know if anyone would give us a first for Marion. Like I said, Jerry is basically asking for it, though...he could have easily put a 1st and 3rd on him and no one would pay that...But still, it's a draft deep in RBs...I'm not so sure someone would want to give up a 1st for him.
I hope you're right, cause I DO NOT want to lose this kid.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, but that's cool. I think guys like Mendenhall come along every year. You don't find a Barber every year. Plus, I don't think it's smart to have a full time back anymore in today's NFL. If I had to go that route, I like Stewart hands down. I think he's got an awesome NFL future. Top 5 fantasy back sooner rather than later. Mendenhall... he'll be good, but I'll take Barber and put him on my team first. He's truly a special type of back.
Mendenhall at 225 did things that have never been done by a back that size...name on player that has come out in the past 5-7 years that put up numbers close to Mendenhall. Don't discount Mendenhalls hand either...i think this is a classic case of your big 10 hate D.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Mendenhall at 225 did things that have never been done by a back that size...name on player that has come out in the past 5-7 years that put up numbers close to Mendenhall. Don't discount Mendenhalls hand either...i think this is a classic case of your big 10 hate D.
I don't have a Big 10 hate. Didn't Brandon Jacobs put up better numbers at a bigger frame? Mendenhall should be good. Not saying he'll be bad. Just saying I'd rather have Barber. Who says it's not possible to have both???
Old 02-28-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't have a Big 10 hate. Didn't Brandon Jacobs put up better numbers at a bigger frame? Mendenhall should be good. Not saying he'll be bad. Just saying I'd rather have Barber. Who says it's not possible to have both???
Me and you just always happen to go opposite ways with big 10 players :P

Just comparing numbers.

Mendenhall
top 20 pick
26 - reps
vert - 33.5
20 yard shuttle - 4.18

Jacobs
4th round 9th pick
19 reps
vert 37
20 yard shuttle - 4.46

Mendenhall is faster/more agile/stronger/but less explosive...didn't have broad jump numbers..however Jacobs 9'11 wouldn't have even been top 10 at this combine so that could be debated from and explosion pov.

Comparing there college body of work is hard since Jacobs best season was as a sophmore...and didn't start again for the rest of his career...that said Mendenhall still had the higher numbers...and also has a lot more action as a pass catcher.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Pacman to Dallas is really getting me thinking. Not sure why i'm posting this...but reading over a article over at scout...and my mind is just running...pac's lawyer did a good job of breaking down certain things.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Me and you just always happen to go opposite ways with big 10 players :P

Just comparing numbers.

Mendenhall
top 20 pick
26 - reps
vert - 33.5
20 yard shuttle - 4.18

Jacobs
4th round 9th pick
19 reps
vert 37
20 yard shuttle - 4.46

Mendenhall is faster/more agile/stronger/but less explosive...didn't have broad jump numbers..however Jacobs 9'11 wouldn't have even been top 10 at this combine so that could be debated from and explosion pov.

Comparing there college body of work is hard since Jacobs best season was as a sophmore...and didn't start again for the rest of his career...that said Mendenhall still had the higher numbers...and also has a lot more action as a pass catcher.
Well I wasn't trying to call them similar players, but I guess I was mistaken. I thought Jacobs ran a better 40 than that. For some reason 4.3 something was in my head. Was that Madison Hedgecock I'm thinking of? It's late... I dunno.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Pacman to Dallas is really getting me thinking. Not sure why i'm posting this...but reading over a article over at scout...and my mind is just running...pac's lawyer did a good job of breaking down certain things.
I'm way onboard with adding Pacman. I really am.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My excitement level would be so high...
Adam "Pacman" Jones is Jerry Jones’ type of player. The blue print is already in place. The organization doesn’t have to re-invent the consequential wheel. The same behavioral clauses and expectations in the Terrell Owens and Tank Johnson contracts should be duplicated. As with both players, the organization would insert an “instant out” if they don’t like any aspect of the Jones’ arrival. These, the last chance, odds are the challenges Jerry relishes. He completely understands what it means to stick his neck out and take a risk. While there are potential pitfalls, the upside is massive. A game-changing, playmaking force at the age of 24….what’s not to like?

This is from Manubir (Manny) S. Arora...pacmans personal Attorney and Agent.

He also goes off into restructering if he is traded since he is still on his rookie contract Arora said that it's highly likely a new contract is written up.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Pacman is sick. I'd like to add that thug to our secondary. He's a great talent. Very young and still has room to improve. We can acquire him for cheap and hopefully try to give him a smart deal.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My excitement level would be so high...
Adam "Pacman" Jones is Jerry Jones’ type of player. The blue print is already in place. The organization doesn’t have to re-invent the consequential wheel. The same behavioral clauses and expectations in the Terrell Owens and Tank Johnson contracts should be duplicated. As with both players, the organization would insert an “instant out” if they don’t like any aspect of the Jones’ arrival. These, the last chance, odds are the challenges Jerry relishes. He completely understands what it means to stick his neck out and take a risk. While there are potential pitfalls, the upside is massive. A game-changing, playmaking force at the age of 24….what’s not to like?

This is from Manubir (Manny) S. Arora...pacmans personal Attorney and Agent.

He also goes off into restructering if he is traded since he is still on his rookie contract Arora said that it's highly likely a new contract is written up.

I like it if we get McFadden, because we wont have another high pick to use on a db, but I read something about his lawyers pressing to get him reinstated and it didnt look good, also the Titans havent found anyone to bite on a trade, which makes me think if he is available for something around a 5th or 6th why not? we need a corner, helps fill a need we wont be able to draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The thing that I'm clinging to is the fact that Pacman said he wanted to come to Dallas. Goddell better open the NFL doors to Pac so he can make his way here.