Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure when he is going to be reinstated...I can't find a date anywhere...but Arora did say he was positive Pacman would be reinstated and playing in 2008 and said he was thinking it would before the draft in april.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman just wants to come to Dallas so, he can get his club hopping on.

I'm surprised Thule, you normally dont want the thuggy type players. If I remember correctly, that was your main grub w/ Marshawn last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Pacman just wants to come to Texas so, he can get his club hopping on.

I'm surprised Thule, you normally dont want the thuggy type players. If I remember correctly, that was your main grub w/ Marshawn last year.
yeah, but didn't thule like Merriweather?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only was going to tolerate Meriweather because of all the reports saying we liked him and how he interviewed really good...but that was it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If you can play at that level I don't care what you do...with CB as a HUGE need for us idc what he does just produce on the field....Lynch wasn't a need last year thus I didn't want him...Meriweather was closer to a need but still wasn't high....Pacman and the hole is what sways me...not to mention if he screws up his NFL career is done...and we didn't lose much.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 05:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything surrounding Meriweather was over blown anyway. I remember the countless arguments I had over him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If you can play at that level I don't care what you do...with CB as a HUGE need for us idc what he does just produce on the field....Lynch wasn't a need last year thus I didn't want him...Meriweather was closer to a need but still wasn't high....Pacman and the hole is what sways me...not to mention if he screws up his NFL career is done...and we didn't lose much.
Okay, so let's say pacman get's reinstated and jerrah goes after him with something around the ball park of what tank johnson got. not too much guaranteed, low base salary to make him easily cuttable, and some bonuses in there just in case he does play well.
So we have T-New, Henry and Pacman, and McKelvin or DRC somehow are
there at 22.
What now?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are spreading throughout the league that both the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens will pursue Browns quarterback Derek Anderson in free agency if the Browns are unable to reach a deal with Anderson before the free agency deadline expires...the Brown will likely use the highest tender on Anderson which would force any team that signs him to surrender their first and third round picks in the 2008 Draft with the Browns having the right to match any offer on the table...rumors are spreading that the Dolphins who own the first pick overall will deal that pick to the Cowboys for both of the Cowboys picks in the first round, which is less than the value chart but agreeable to both teams...the Dolphins would then surrender one of those first round picks plus a third to Cleveland for Anderson...the Dolphins would then come away with Anderson but still have a first round pick in the Draft...it's a strategy that has been widely speculated throughout the league over the past several weeks.

So what do you think about the newest rumor? Give up two firsts but get to keep Barber.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm. I don't know. I would love to have DMac. Especially if we don't have to give up Barber.

I just would really like to come out of the first 3 rounds with WR CB & RB. I guess we could still do that but only one of those would have been a relatively high pick. I think you could get a good WR in the 2nd, but I'm not so sure about CB.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres the answer to that. http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=58963 DMAC PACMAN and the rest of our draft sounds pretty sweet.:D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good stuff pocketaces, from that article

Quote:
Jones has been suspended since last April 10, but would not necessarily have to be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell before a trade could be finalized, according to the league office.

“A suspended player can be traded like any other player under contract. (The team is trading the contract, in essence.) The trading period for this year begins on Friday,” league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail.

Im starting to let myself get excited now, id rather trade a low end pick for him with minimal guaranteed money then go after Hall, we could make Pacmans incentive based or structured like Tank's deal...I havent really heard we are going to try and pursue him so I wont assume its a done deal, but im almost certain it will cross Jerry's mind at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but... but... but...
i wanted McKelvin
:(
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
but... but... but...
i wanted McKelvin
:(
I still prefer DRC myself(seeing as how I think McKelvin is going top 12 for sure anyway), I was just speaking in terms of if we go after McFadden, in which case we wont have a 1st rd corner, but if we did keep our picks I still wouldnt be against taking a corner...He doesnt have to play in every formation right off the bat but Henry is 32 and Newman is 30 with nothing behind either two, which is why I wouldnt mind grabbing two corners this offseason... 3 corners get to play consistently through a game and we have a great 4th guy in case of an injury...

Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like McKelvin as much as the rest of the draft fan population. He doesn't get enough turnovers for me to get overly excited about the guy. I also don't think he is halfway intelligent. When I hear him talk it's like he's slow. I like intelligent players.

2 first rounders for DMAC. That's money in the bank right there. DMAC + MB3 = DOMINATION.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Rumors are spreading throughout the league that both the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens will pursue Browns quarterback Derek Anderson in free agency if the Browns are unable to reach a deal with Anderson before the free agency deadline expires...the Brown will likely use the highest tender on Anderson which would force any team that signs him to surrender their first and third round picks in the 2008 Draft with the Browns having the right to match any offer on the table...rumors are spreading that the Dolphins who own the first pick overall will deal that pick to the Cowboys for both of the Cowboys picks in the first round, which is less than the value chart but agreeable to both teams...the Dolphins would then surrender one of those first round picks plus a third to Cleveland for Anderson...the Dolphins would then come away with Anderson but still have a first round pick in the Draft...it's a strategy that has been widely speculated throughout the league over the past several weeks.

So what do you think about the newest rumor? Give up two firsts but get to keep Barber.
I would like to see a link for that.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't like McKelvin as much as the rest of the draft fan population. He doesn't get enough turnovers for me to get overly excited about the guy. I also don't think he is halfway intelligent. When I hear him talk it's like he's slow. I like intelligent players.

2 first rounders for DMAC. That's money in the bank right there. DMAC + MB3 = DOMINATION.
id love to see you guys give up ur 2 first rounders for DMAC. Giving up 2 picks, not going after positions you need an upgrade at, not addressing your real needs. Its a win win to the rest of the NFC!!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
id love to see you guys give up ur 2 first rounders for DMAC. Giving up 2 picks, not going after positions you need an upgrade at, not addressing your real needs. Its a win win to the rest of the NFC!!
One of the two picks will turn into a RB anyway, so we won't fill only one position of need in the first round.
And I wouldn't call a combo of Barber and McFadden a win win for the rest of the NFC.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
The draft is one way to fill our needs, not the only way. RB is a need so I think you're mistaken when you say we don't fill our needs.

Let's say we go with Scott's mock for us... Felix Jones and Mario Manningham. Uhh.. yeah... DMAC is a helluva lot better than that deal.

We don't fill our needs??? Where do you come up with this stuff?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I would like to see a link for that.
I posted one in the barber thread in the nfl forum.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

sounds like I wasnt far off in requesting we try to sign pacman to an incentive based type deal
Quote:
The Titans have reportedly given Pacman Jones permission to seek a trade.

This likely spells the end of Pacman's time in Tennessee. Jones' agents say they'd be willing to change his contract into mostly incentives if that's what a new team wants. It's hard to imagine a team dealing more than a late-round pick for a suspended player who's unlikely to be reinstated anytime soon. Feb. 28 - 8:49 am et
Of course, Snyder likes to trade away draft picks more then anyone, but maybe pacmans agents come talking to jerry first if he really does want to be here...For a 6th rounder and an incentive deal its a no brainer to make this move.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I understand that the boy sounds a bit ******** when he talks, but his skills
are still one of the best in the draft. I think he can succeed at covering his man, which is what you expect from your corner, and let your safeties do the
turning over. Terence Newman has never created many turnovers on defense
but he's still one of the best. He has good instincts and you can't really teach those. I'm sure they could work on his hands
Old 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I understand that the boy sounds a bit ******** when he talks, but his skills
are still one of the best in the draft. I think he can succeed at covering his man, which is what you expect from your corner, and let your safeties do the
turning over. Terence Newman has never created many turnovers on defense
but he's still one of the best. He has good instincts and you can't really teach those. I'm sure they could work on his hands
The one thing that holds T-New back from ever being mentioned in the same air as the truly special corners to play the game is his lack of playmaking ability in causing turnovers.

McKelvin has a chance to be good. It's just that if I had my choice, I'd prefer someone who is more of a playmaker. DRC, Jenkins, Cason... someone like that.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Just to make sure everything is clear, we tender Barber at the highest tender, a 1st and a 3rd, and Canty with the 1st(which scares me), I really dont want to lose our only playmaker on the D line.

Quote:
The Cowboys placed the highest tender possible ($2.562 million) on restricted free agent Marion Barber.

Interested teams would have to give up a first- and third-round pick if they signed Barber to an offer sheet Dallas couldn't match. This makes a lot more sense than an earlier report that said MBIII would only get a first-round tender. This should prevent Barber from getting signed elsewhere. Look for Dallas to work towards a long-term agreement as they also look to add another back. Feb. 28 - 3:52 pm et

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-28-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just to make sure everything is clear, we tender Barber at the highest tender, a 1st and a 3rd, and Canty with the 1st(which scares me), I really dont want to lose our only playmaker on the D line.
Awesome. Just as I assumed. I knew the whole talk of him getting the lower tender was a joke. I just didn't get the logic or the idea that Jerry was trying to make him easier to trade. This is both wonderful news.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Canty now that Tommy Kelly just signed his ridiculous deal. I didn't think we needed to give Canty the high tender, but now that looks dumb. How quickly things change. The thought of getting a 1st rounder for him sounded like enough to keep teams away. But if not and the market determines Canty's worth to be phenomenal, then maybe it wasn't such a great move to wait for the market to set his price. My guts says he stays though.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

McKelvin actually reminds me a lot of Newman coming out...obviously Newman was the better prospect...but mainly because he had enough preseason hype to get people to watch him all season.

MCKelvin's knocks are guess what....ball skills...his pro's are quickness and speed...and guess what...they both can be electric returning punts...take it for what it's worth...but I think they are similiar players.

If we are talking about playmakers in the secondary D...look no further than Talib...watching him in drills you could just see how natural it was for him getting the balls into his hands...I actually see a lot of Anthony Henry in him which is funny because both are so natural at getting to the ball...but can take false steps and get high in their backpedal...kinda funny that I can relate them to the cowboys.

Designs by me
Quote: