Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For some reason I feel like the trade has already been decided on verbally, and wont be made until draft day..Just my assumption, Ive said all along parcells would want a guy like Ferguson or Fasano to be thrown in.
what are the cowboys gonna be getting in return?
those guys are useless right now to the team anyway
so if we can get a little more than chump change and some pocket lint
i'd be okay
Old 02-28-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

could be part of the deal for DMC, although I don't think a trade will happen. Or a late round pick, which is good since I see us cutting him anyway.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For some reason I feel like the trade has already been decided on verbally, and wont be made until draft day..Just my assumption, Ive said all along parcells would want a guy like Ferguson or Fasano to be thrown in.
What do you think the terms of the trade would be. Ferguson and who to Miami? What would we get in return?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
could be part of the deal for DMC, although I don't think a trade will happen. Or a late round pick, which is good since I see us cutting him anyway.
could be for DMAC, since Schefter believes it is real, and he's my favorite source. If not anything between a 5-7 would be fine w/ me
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh how i wish we dont trade up for mcfadden.
the guy's gonna be a stud but i would much rather
trade up to take McKelvin. i think he would have
more impact right now, and besides i dont think it'll be
very smart paying two rb's starters money.
maybe we could give up one first, a third and a
second next year to move up to the low teens
to take McKelvin if he happens to slip a bit.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on not moving up to take Mcfadden, but I don't think we should move up to take Mckelvin either. Between Mckelvin, Jenkins, DRC, Talib, Cason someone is going to fall and I will be more then happy with any of those guys.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
I agree on not moving up to take Mcfadden, but I don't think we should move up to take Mckelvin either. Between Mckelvin, Jenkins, DRC, Talib, Cason someone is going to fall and I will be more then happy with any of those guys.
i dunno.. after mckelvin, jenkins and drc it kinda just falls off..
Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure what the terms are, or if we would be trying to make a couple seperate trades, or one large deal...But from the way things have unfolded, it seems like a deal was agreed to and shook on as soon as the coaches started leaving our staff without any fight, I feel like we let Parcells have certain coaches without any objection in return for some verbal agreement that benefits both...

Because Miami wont take DMac, if we wanted to trade down its best to start at #3 with ATL, they need picks too, value is better and signing bonus is smaller, but Mia wants to trade out badly, and I dont think they want to take a guy that early, they want the picks/players right now...The rumors with Ferguson going to Mia for undisclosed picks is supposed to have some truth to it, but one way or another im pretty positive miami trades out for both our picks.

Im just going to go with the latest rumor, they get both our 1st rd picks, use a 1st and a 3rd for Anderson, and they are still left with the other 1st, and a high 2nd which is really another late 1st, they still end up with great value and have a shot to win some games right now...But after free agency gets going players can be traded, so we shall soon now a little more, but im almost certain some sort of trade with us and Miami will be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Im not sure what the terms are, or if we would be trying to make a couple seperate trades, or one large deal...But from the way things have unfolded, it seems like a deal was agreed to and shook on as soon as the coaches started leaving our staff without any fight, I feel like we let Parcells have certain coaches without any objection in return for some verbal agreement that benefits both...

Because Miami wont take DMac, if we wanted to trade down its best to start at #3 with ATL, they need picks too, value is better and signing bonus is smaller, but Mia wants to trade out badly, and I dont think they want to take a guy that early, they want the picks/players right now...The rumors with Ferguson going to Mia for undisclosed picks is supposed to have some truth to it, but one way or another im pretty positive miami trades out for both our picks.

Im just going to go with the latest rumor, they get both our 1st rd picks, use a 1st and a 3rd for Anderson, and they are still left with the other 1st, and a high 2nd which is really another late 1st, they still end up with great value and have a shot to win some games right now...But after free agency gets going players can be traded, so we shall soon now a little more, but im almost certain some sort of trade with us and Miami will be happening.
Trade up, but i think there has been a pre-concieved deal for a while. I just hope no Barber.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDWTheSickness View Post
Trade up, but i think there has been a pre-concieved deal for a while. I just hope no Barber.

If we trade up and Barber is not a part of the deal I hope we grab Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, or Jake Long.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your right, trade up...But I feel strongly the deal was made before coaches started leaving, all everyone has been doing in the meantime(guys like Mortenson) have been trying to guess, and come out with reports early so they can say they knew all along...Fact is those guys have been wrong so many times its not even funny, all signs lead to Barber signing a long term deal, and I can say I wouldnt mind having a barber mcfadden tandem for years 2 come if its affordable.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Your right, trade up...But I feel strongly the deal was made before coaches started leaving, all everyone has been doing in the meantime(guys like Mortenson) have been trying to guess, and come out with reports early so they can say they knew all along...Fact is those guys have been wrong so many times its not even funny, all signs lead to Barber signing a long term deal, and I can say I wouldnt mind having a barber mcfadden tandem for years 2 come if its affordable.
i wouldnt mind either, but i really dont see how it could be
affordable to have both of those guys on the roster with long term deals.
especially after that flo deal...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Thats alot of money for two guys that will be just splitting time.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
If we trade up and Barber is not a part of the deal I hope we grab Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, or Jake Long.
i highly doubt we would take any of those guys, in fact i guarantee it if we trade up it is ONLY for McFadden.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Thats alot of money for two guys that will be just splitting time.
i believe if we have both we will see how it works for next year, and if all signs point to DMAC being a superstar, we let Barber go
Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Quote:
i highly doubt we would take any of those guys, in fact i guarantee it if we trade up it is ONLY for McFadden.
You are probably right I am just saying thats what I would like to do. I just don't like the idea of drafting a guy like Mcfadden when we already have a RB like Barber. We could pick up someone later in the draft that would be plenty good for splitting time.

Ellis and Flo aren't getting any younger so I would rather pick up one of the guys I mentioned above.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i believe if we have both we will see how it works for next year, and if all signs point to DMAC being a superstar, we let Barber go
i dont think you can do that..
you either find a way to keep them both, or just have
one of them..
find out of dmc is the real deal, and trade barber.
or extend barber, and dont draft dmc
cause i'd hate to see barber leave for nothing
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
You are probably right I am just saying thats what I would like to do. I just don't like the idea of drafting a guy like Mcfadden when we already have a RB like Barber. We could pick up someone later in the draft that would be plenty good for splitting time.

Ellis and Flo aren't getting any younger so I would rather pick up one of the guys I mentioned above.
i understand,...i was just sayin ;)
Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Sounds like that deal for Jason Ferguson might be happening pretty soon, and is pretty much what ive been thinking about the situation.

Quote:
Ok, so the Dolphins started with the front office guys. Then they got a head coach and then three more assistants.

They’ve signed a few players who were with the Cowboys at training camp in the past.

And now it’s time for the big-named players.

The Cowboys and Dolphins apparently are close to a trade that will send defensive tackle Jason Ferguson to Miami in exchange for draft picks. But don’t get too excited about that part.

Don’t expect the Dolphins to be sending any first-day picks. It’ll probably be in the neighborhood of a fifth- or sixth-round pick, possibly both.

But should anyone really be surprised?

Ferguson tore his biceps tendon in the season opener against the Giants and spent the rest of the year on injured reserve. He’s 33 with 11 years of NFL experience and if that’s not enough, the Cowboys shelled out big bucks to keep Jay Ratliff and already have Tank Johnson coming back next season, playing for the NFL minimum.

As for Ferguson’s contract, it is hardly for the minimum. He was scheduled to count $5.62 million on the salary cap. While the Cowboys do wipe off his $4 million base for 2008, they will take a signing bonus proration of $3.2 million this season. So add it all up and if Ferguson is not on the team in 2008, the Cowboys will save about $2.4 million.

Ferguson shouldn’t have any problems fitting in. This will be the third time to reunite with Bill Parcells and he’ll even be coached by Kacy Rodgers, the defensive line coach here who jumped ship to Miami to join Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles and Paul Pasqualoni.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...8/1138060.aspx

Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th and 6th sounds adequate. It'll be hard to see him go though if it does go through, because from many reports Fergie was the life and heart of that locker room. Teammates and the media loved him, and was known to have an infectious personality that lightened up the whole room. But with Ratliff and Tank holding the NT position steady, and Fergie getting up there, I understand the move.

With that said I still would feel a lot better if we brought in another NT(True NT size) to compete for the position. Possibly Frank Morton or Ahtyba Rubin(who stock has been rising) could be options in the draft.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
Sounds like that deal for Jason Ferguson might be happening pretty soon, and is pretty much what ive been thinking about the situation.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...8/1138060.aspx
would taking there 5th affect our chance to get #1 overall you think? im all in for DMAC if we keep Barber. Anyone see this as affecting that del possibly, just wondering
Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
With that said I still would feel a lot better if we brought in another NT(True NT size) to compete for the position. Possibly Frank Morton or Ahtyba Rubin(who stock has been rising) could be options in the draft.

I like that idea, ideal NT size, id like to get a fresh body and see what we have, if we get the type of space grader weve been looking for the entire defense would see the benefits of it.

Quote:
would taking there 5th affect our chance to get #1 overall you think? im all in for DMAC if we keep Barber. Anyone see this as affecting that del possibly, just wondering
I think the picks we get would just be ammo in the draft, in case we wanted to slide up in the 3rd to take a guy we are high on who has slipped some, something around a 5th can get that done for you...Its just a good deal because we free up almost 3 million dollars, and get a pick for a guy who could of been cut. We still have a great chance to get DMac and keep Barber together at least for this next year and thats what its looking like.

Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is talking much about the Zack signing (or if they are, I missed it.)

Seems to me, this is opening the door for the trade I think is gonna happen. Our firsts, Bobby Carpenter, and whatever else for #1. Here's why I think so...

1)Parcells needs 3-4 personel. They dont really have it, and Parcells will want to run the 3-4. 2) Carpenter is still young, and fits the bill as a 3-4 player. 3) The Dolphins probably dont want to pay first pick-type money, seeing as how they might sign a bunch of FA's. 4) No one player in the draft will make them competitive anytime soon.

There would be other things involved, and I dont know what they might be. But the Dolphins need players NOW...they are not very good. They have young players at a few positions, and the #22 and #28 picks would provide optimal value for their needs.

This trade is making too much sense to me. I must be losing my mind.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BP came out and said that he has no interest in Bobby Carpenter...the league consenus now a days is that Bobby shouldnt even be in a 3-4 scheme.

W/ our cap situation...we may have to cut Akin to free up some more money...we are officially right at the limit after the Flozell deal, according to the NFL Network. So, this may lead us to keep Carp for atleast one more year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I dont know, im not buying parcells not being interested in carpenter, what sense would that make...he drafts him for the 3-4 specifically, he was one of "his guys", had the relationship with his father, what changes now that he's in Miami still with a 3-4?

What has changed about Carpenter since he's been drafted that would make him not fit the defense anymore, because he obviously was at the time he was drafted....And its not like he's been out there like Spears being invisible, he hasnt even played, so no I dont buy he has no interest, it doesnt make sense to me...You dont just get un interested in a player for sitting on the bench, you telling me he would rather have Ferguson then Carpenter? Dont think so, carpenter would start for them instantly and would be cheap.

Quote: