Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another log in the Pacman fire.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....30f179f9.html

Quote:
The wow factor that Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was talking about adding to his team could be Pacman Jones. According to multiple sources, the Cowboys have had internal discussions about obtaining the suspended Tennessee cornerback if he's reinstated by the NFL.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its going to be for that early 6th we got from Mia, im calling it now....That value is right on, and im really hoping Jerry makes this happen...The reward is too high to not go after him, especially with him hinting he wants to come here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

good to hear that we're trying to get him. I wasn't even sure if we were interested.

I am 100% in favor of bringing a guy like him in.

If it happened I would still want us to draft a guy early though because
A. Pacman could get suspended again
B. He hasn't played in a year
C. Henry will more than likely be injured again this season
D. Next year we can cut Henry and be left with an awesome Trio in the secondary

That being said, If we could swing a trade for Pacman and Jerry feels like corner has been addressed, the D-mac rumor has more of a chance of becoming a reality.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see Dmac on NFL Network Total Access today? He said that he wanted to be a Cowboy. I'm warming up to a trade up for Dmac more and more, but only if we don't have to give up the farm for him. He'd have to drop out of the top 5-6 picks for that to happen.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Did anyone see Dmac on NFL Network Total Access today? He said that he wanted to be a Cowboy. I'm warming up to a trade up for Dmac more and more, but only if we don't have to give up the farm for him. He'd have to drop out of the top 5-6 picks for that to happen.
Yea I did, but I mean, who wouldnt want to play for the cowboys, he'll be apart of a huge tradition and on tv all the time in a huge market, but with that said I do want him, especially if we can land pacman I wouldnt mind it at all if we traded up to the Jets or something.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ just signed with Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3282689

I was surprised Seattle fronted this kind of money. With all the talent at RB that they could get in the 1st round. I wish JJ all the best. I was a huge fan and thought we were going to see big things out of him. Hopefully the change of scenery is what he needs.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JJ just signed with Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3282689

I was surprised Seattle fronted this kind of money. With all the talent at RB that they could get in the 1st round. I wish JJ all the best. I was a huge fan and thought we were going to see big things out of him. Hopefully the change of scenery is what he needs.
I was a huge fan too after his rookie season. But he's just continued to piss me off time and time again. I can't stand him, and I hope he continues to suck and make new exscuses for his suckage.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^ julius just cringed a little

lol
Old 03-08-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Will Mcfad and Barb work well together....... any opinions on the subject?
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlyons26
Will Mcfad and Barb work well together....... any opinions on the subject?
I dont think there is any doubt that they would work well together. The thing that is hard to understand is that... Im not sure anyone thinks DMAC can be a feature back. So why would we trade up to a top five pick(and a top five contract) for a player who will only play on 50% of downs on offence?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I dont think there is any doubt that they would work well together. The thing that is hard to understand is that... Im not sure anyone thinks DMAC can be a feature back. So why would we trade up to a top five pick(and a top five contract) for a player who will only play on 50% of downs on offence?
I think your logic on why the 2-back system is being used more often is a little skewed. I don't think it's so much of backs not being able to handle the load, but it being more of the coaches wanting to keep their players fresh and explosive. I've seen Bobby Bowden rotate defensive linemen throughout the game to keep the line steady. The league is way too advanced now to have one player carry the ball 30 times, plus have him block on 3rd downs as well. Bigger, Stronger, Faster athletes mean the fatigue factor has increased.
I have no doubt McFadden could be a number 1, and i am also pretty positive that i'm not the only one that thinks that way.. BUT, i would much rather
have him share the load with another running back to keep him fresh to break off 50+ yard runs when the hole is there.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

As far as McFadden slipping out of the top 6 goes, I came up with a scenario the other day that had him dropping to the Panthers at 13...with all the signings of teams that need backs in the top 10 (Fargas in Oakland, Turner in Atlanta, and Chatman in New York), one could easily make a case that no team in the top 12 (or even top 14) needs a running back. Now, I would certainly expect that if McFadden fell past the Patriots, someone would trade up and snag him. But with all the reports of his stock dropping (thanks mostly to Mike Mayock) it doesn't seem implausible for DMac to be available outside the top 10. In reality, I don't see it happening, but it's still something to consider.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
As far as McFadden slipping out of the top 6 goes, I came up with a scenario the other day that had him dropping to the Panthers at 13...with all the signings of teams that need backs in the top 10 (Fargas in Oakland, Turner in Atlanta, and Chatman in New York), one could easily make a case that no team in the top 12 (or even top 14) needs a running back. Now, I would certainly expect that if McFadden fell past the Patriots, someone would trade up and snag him. But with all the reports of his stock dropping (thanks mostly to Mike Mayock) it doesn't seem implausible for DMac to be available outside the top 10. In reality, I don't see it happening, but it's still something to consider.
If he somehow fell past the Jets, I think its for sure we trade up to new england, they will get to make up the other pick that they lost and still come away with 2, and Jerry wont need to add in anything other then 2 picks...Im not sure about going after him anywhere higher then that, but past 6 id bet on it, he wouldnt sit there and let him go past all those teams...

And as far as going to 13, Cincy would take him at 9, id almost bet they wouldnt want to pass him up, they have no real rushing attack and mcfadden is a great fit in their offense, its obviously a bpa pick over need but he's an elite guy i dont think he falls that far...Talent trumps character concerns, Cincy would overlook his if he played well.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think your logic on why the 2-back system is being used more often is a little skewed. I don't think it's so much of backs not being able to handle the load, but it being more of the coaches wanting to keep their players fresh and explosive. I've seen Bobby Bowden rotate defensive linemen throughout the game to keep the line steady. The league is way too advanced now to have one player carry the ball 30 times, plus have him block on 3rd downs as well. Bigger, Stronger, Faster athletes mean the fatigue factor has increased.
I have no doubt McFadden could be a number 1, and i am also pretty positive that i'm not the only one that thinks that way.. BUT, i would much rather
have him share the load with another running back to keep him fresh to break off 50+ yard runs when the hole is there.

I just dont believe this, look at LT, Westbrook, Steven Jackson, LJ, soon to be AD, I could go on and on. Emmitt wasnt exactly big or fast but he carried the load every game. This is why I hope we dont trade up for McFadden. Why use two firsts on a part time player? Give me a WR and CB with our two first or at least two starters.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I just dont believe this, look at LT, Westbrook, Steven Jackson, LJ, soon to be AD, I could go on and on. Emmitt wasnt exactly big or fast but he carried the load every game. This is why I hope we dont trade up for McFadden. Why use two firsts on a part time player? Give me a WR and CB with our two first or at least two starters.
yeah, but Emmitt played ten years ago. The game has Changed

LT was spelled by Turner and Sproles, but while he did carry probably 85%, he didn't carry the entire load ala Emmitt. I'll give you that Westbrook and Jackson carry the load, but the Eagles and Rams are predominantly passing teams and the Eagles drafted Tony Hunt in the third last year and the Rams drafted Brian Leonard in the second. LJ carried the load for two years and I think his body has taken an Extreme amount of punishment and will no longer be able to stay healthy and as productive and will end up like Shaun Alexander (who carried the load) is looked at now days. AD should NEVER carry the load. Sure he's a hell of a player, but he cannot stay healthy. Not even at OU. If you have him carry the load the chances of having him for only a portion of the season are pretty good.

obviously I think its important for a two or even three back rotation because guys are taking punishment and will stay healthier, they are fresh when the defense is tired in the fourth quarter, etc.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Tatum Bell just resigned w/the Lions. I was open to signing him. I'm just anxious for the draft and to see what direction we go in with regards to RB & WR. I think it's pretty clear we'll make a move on a young CB in the draft, but the other two position are up in the air. The writing is on the wall that we'll take a RB in the first 3 rounds, but not WR.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So you want to draft a WR...who might not see the field at all and a CB who may only be a nickel back..and could be #4 if we brought in another guy. Looks like your draft could equate into 50% of the snaps as well..so I don't buy your logic here man.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tatum Bell just resigned w/the Lions. I was open to signing him. I'm just anxious for the draft and to see what direction we go in with regards to RB & WR. I think it's pretty clear we'll make a move on a young CB in the draft, but the other two position are up in the air. The writing is on the wall that we'll take a RB in the first 3 rounds, but not WR.
Thank goodness for Chef Boyardee! I didn't want him there AT ALL. phew.

Chris Johnson boys! Ingrain that in your heads cause it's happening.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Take a look at our current roster, what position would we draft that would come in and play more than 50% of the snaps? I don't see any position doing that. However, we have to consider the future past this year. We need a good young Nickel back, future #1 or #2 WR and a speedy back to compliment MBIII.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I hope Chris Johnson last until our 2nd rd pick, I wouldnt be upset with him in the 1st at all, but that be great if he lasted until the 2nd...Garrett could get creative in how he used him, as a slot, going in motion, in the backfield, his versatility and speed could be great for our offense.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I hope Chris Johnson last until our 2nd rd pick, I wouldnt be upset with him in the 1st at all, but that be great if he lasted until the 2nd...Garrett could get creative in how he used him, as a slot, going in motion, in the backfield, his versatility and speed could be great for our offense.
He won't last until the end of the 2nd round. I think he's gone in the early 2nd round. We'd have to trade up for him.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
So you want to draft a WR...who might not see the field at all and a CB who may only be a nickel back..and could be #4 if we brought in another guy. Looks like your draft could equate into 50% of the snaps as well..so I don't buy your logic here man.
Fair enough but a CB is going to play ALOT and we need another WR IMO. Glenn is iffy at best and our offense was stagnant without TO. Now if we go get PacMan a CB might not play alot but we still need one just in case. Do we need a backup RB? Yeah but not in the first for me. To me DMAC is a want not a need. I would love to have him but I'd ratter address other needs with our 2 firsts. That's just me though.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
yeah, but Emmitt played ten years ago. The game has Changed

LT was spelled by Turner and Sproles, but while he did carry probably 85%, he didn't carry the entire load ala Emmitt. I'll give you that Westbrook and Jackson carry the load, but the Eagles and Rams are predominantly passing teams and the Eagles drafted Tony Hunt in the third last year and the Rams drafted Brian Leonard in the second. LJ carried the load for two years and I think his body has taken an Extreme amount of punishment and will no longer be able to stay healthy and as productive and will end up like Shaun Alexander (who carried the load) is looked at now days. AD should NEVER carry the load. Sure he's a hell of a player, but he cannot stay healthy. Not even at OU. If you have him carry the load the chances of having him for only a portion of the season are pretty good.

obviously I think its important for a two or even three back rotation because guys are taking punishment and will stay healthier, they are fresh when the defense is tired in the fourth quarter, etc.

The Eagles drafted Tony Hunt in the THIRD, and the the Rams drafter Brian Leonard in the SECOND. They realize that they already have a Pro Bowl back on the roster, and they just need someone to come in and give them a break.

I don't think we should be picking a RB until the third maybe fourth round. In fact I would rather just take a CB with #22 and trade away #28.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
The Eagles drafted Tony Hunt in the THIRD, and the the Rams drafter Brian Leonard in the SECOND. They realize that they already have a Pro Bowl back on the roster, and they just need someone to come in and give them a break.

I don't think we should be picking a RB until the third maybe fourth round. In fact I would rather just take a CB with #22 and trade away #28.
I think the issue with this is that were not in the same position as the Rams & Eagles. Both of those teams had an all world RB. We're in a different position where MBIII is starting to prove himself, but were not sure if he's the man yet.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's da man! He's da man!

(sorry) bob and tom reference here