Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurd is apparently excelling as a deep threat right now. Something he always struggled with in college. He is consistantly burning our corners, this includes the speedy Pacman, Oh I'm sorry...Adam :) and that T-New guy on the other side. We have even been trying to incorporate a fake reverse, WR pass w/ Crayton throwing it. We tried it once yesterday, Hurd burned Adam and Crayton threw the ball 65 yards down field, narrowly over throwing him by a yard. Hurd has really taken his game to the next level and it seems as though, Garrett is doing just that as well, with some of the playcalling we've been hearing about. This is going to be a fun year.

Oh yeah, I dont know what exactly was told to Hurd...but, whenever he speaks, he is always talking about how he is going for that #2 spot this year. I dont know if someone told him that the starting job is up for grabs but, he certainly has his eyes on it...and Crayton's reps have been coming in the slot once again. Hurd has played every WR position so, anything is possible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-19-2008 at 05:05 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut Joe West, Brandon Hale, Alain Karatepeyan, Justin Phinisee (i'll miss your hair dude), and Jerron Wishom.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Story on Stanback: http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/708447.html
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe after the first update, Sam Hurd will finally get some love in Madden
Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just hope his picture is in the game this year. I hate that crap. They didnt even have Austin or Stanback's last year, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am positive Austin's pic is in Madden 08, but not Stanback(I don't remember)
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I am positive Austin's pic is in Madden 08, but not Stanback(IDK)
Now that I think of it, I think you're right. Hurd's and Stanback's def. arent, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-19-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just hope his picture is in the game this year. I hate that crap. They didnt even have Austin or Stanback's last year, either.
Yeah, it's pretty lame that half of the players on madden don't have a picture. It makes me feel like they're freshly off the "create-a-player" mode..
Old 06-19-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this tidbit per dmn, NFL executive had some positive things to say about Stanback and his opinion is from an outsider so encouraging to hear:

Quote:
Mike Lombardi, who spent the last 20 years as an NFL executive and worked for Denver last year, got a good look at the Cowboys' personnel when the Broncos were at Valley Ranch in August. Lombardi, who has joined the liberal media, gushed about Isaiah Stanback on his blog.

"One player that caught my eye was Isaiah Stanback, the former quarterback/wide receiver from Washington. Stanback was trying to overcome his foot injury and make the transition from quarterback to wide receiver. He started practicing the first day we arrived and he showed very good size, power and explosion. He may not know what to do, but once he gets comfortable with the offense and the routes, he looks like a player that will be good with the ball in his hands and gain yards after the catch. He has athletic skills and excellent eye hand coordination. The Cowboys have wide outs that contribute to the kicking game they all show toughness and can run with the ball after the catch--which is critical. I hear everyone complaining about their wide receivers, but based on my evaluation, they have a very good blend of youth and age. If Stanback shows the skills this pre-season that I noticed on the field last summer, he will contribute to the team in 08.

I won't rule out Stanback contributing to the Cowboys this season, but he has a lot of work to do before that happens. He's a tier below third-year receivers Sam Hurd and Miles Austin on the depth chart."

Wade Phillips said the other day that Stanback is where Hurd and Austin were last year in terms of development.

"He shows flashes," Phillips said. "He makes some plays and you say, 'Wow.' Then every once in awhile, he doesn't run a route exactly the way you want it. But he's coming along well."

Sounds like he is just still raw right now, but once he gets everything slowing down for him he sounds like he could be a serious weapon for us, nice to see an outsider give some praise to our WR core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Hurd is apparently excelling as a deep threat right now. Something he always struggled with in college. He is consistantly burning our corners, this includes the speedy Pacman, Oh I'm sorry...Adam :) and that T-New guy on the other side. We have even been trying to incorporate a fake reverse, WR pass w/ Crayton throwing it. We tried it once yesterday, Hurd burned Adam and Crayton threw the ball 65 yards down field, narrowly over throwing him by a yard. Hurd has really taken his game to the next level and it seems as though, Garrett is doing just that as well, with some of the playcalling we've been hearing about. This is going to be a fun year.

Oh yeah, I dont know what exactly was told to Hurd...but, whenever he speaks, he is always talking about how he is going for that #2 spot this year. I dont know if someone told him that the starting job is up for grabs but, he certainly has his eyes on it...and Crayton's reps have been coming in the slot once again. Hurd has played every WR position so, anything is possible.
It's about DAMN time! I've been waiting for Crayton to use his arm throwing the ball since we drafted him as a rookie. Sheesh. Hopefully Stanback can take some of those reps too. We'll be attacking from every angle possible. Love that news.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

65 yards! Really? I had no idea his arm was that strong. Impressive.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett knows the deal:D We have plenty ammo to make some gadget plays happen, I'm really looking forward to seeing that happen.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Couple great articles you should read...

1st talks about the competition at NT this year with Tank and Ratliff, and how Tank has been looking so good we have been cooking up more packages with Tank over the ball and Ratliff playing alot more DE...Sounds interesting and I'm definately excited about Ratliff getting snaps at DE opposite Canty, competition between these two can only be good for the team:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...7707F611DACE5B

2nd is about Sam Hurd and the leaps and bounds he's made thus far...Again he just turned 23 years old, so he played damn good last year for a 22 year old guy with not much experience, he will get his shot this year to make an even bigger impact and I think he fills in quite nicely:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...2A112F274F62B2

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to call this right now, Hurd will either play in the slot or at 2. Either way, it's significant time. The reasons to keep Glenn are becoming fewer and fewer. Also, I see Tank getting as much if not more playing time than Ratliff at NT. Ratliff is going to get more time at DE. They'll find out how to get the best players on the field.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I am wondering wether or not the Cowboys need a Big Run Stuffing NT to Run their 3-4. Because I remember reading bigbluedefense's post saying that the Cowboys Defense is just a 46 disguised in a 3-4 front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Too simple of a question. What type of 3-4 defense are you referring to?

The Parcells 3-4: Wilfork

LeBeau's ZB 3-4: Ngata

Phillips 3-4: Ngata

Hybrid 3-4/4-3: Ngata

Wilfork is better as a pure 2 gap clogging NT. But in a scheme that has more variation up front, Ngata is better bc of his versatility.

The Parcells 3-4 is pretty standard up front. You'll see the line shade one way or the other time to time (best example of the BP 3-4 is NE), but still puts heavy emphasis on a 2 gap NT who clogs the inside, and bullrushing strong, smart DEs who can seal the outside to free up pass rushing LBs, and have enough muscle to bullrush their linemen and rush the passer through strength techniques (picture Strahan as a 3-4 End to simplify what im saying).

Thats a gross simplification, so don't take it as that simple.

The Phillips 3-4 requires more penetrating, so a Glenn Dorsey type of DT would actually thrive at End in the scheme, and its honestly, not really a true 3-4 defense. Its a 46 masked in a 3-4 front. Its a 1 gap 3-4, its more like having a 5 man line with 2 4-3 Ends standing up and "zone blitzing"

LeBeau is a mad scientist. He throws the playbook at you.
I don't think that on any other 3-4 team, that Ratliff and Johnson would be acceptable as a NT. So, I was wondering is the lack of a true NT concerns you Cowboys fans?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I am wondering wether or not the Cowboys need a Big Run Stuffing NT to Run their 3-4. Because I remember reading bigbluedefense's post saying that the Cowboys Defense is just a 46 disguised in a 3-4 front.

I don't think that on any other 3-4 team, that Ratliff and Johnson would be acceptable as a NT. So, I was wondering is the lack of a true NT concerns you Cowboys fans?

It concerned most of us after the draft because we still don't have that true NT, but after reading up Wade does alot of different things with Ratliff that he has said he couldn't do with Jamal Williams...Ratliff drops back into pass coverage alot of times and offers alot more versatility, other then that BBD was pretty much right...Our NT's shoot gaps and penetrate into the backfield, more so then sucking up two blockers...You really can't argue with our run defense since Wade has been here either, just as BBD put it, the responsibility of a nose in Parcells 3-4 is alot different then with what Wade works with.

They aren't the prototypical NT you look for in a 3-4 but Wade makes it work out just fine, he makes his system fit his players, instead of forcing players to fit his system...Tank is alot like Ratliff in that he is more athletic, and if he can shoot the gaps properly it lets us use Ratliff at DE opposite Canty on passing downs and most of us would love for that to happen...I'll be the first to admit I was critical about the position initially, but I did some homework and it has its positives, fact is I really love Ratliff as our Nose with Wade here and it has worked great so I have no complaints other then wanting him to see some snaps at DE, and that looks like it won't be a problem this year.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post

I posted this a few pages ago, but it gives some insight of how Wade uses these guys...

Quote:
NT Jay Ratliff's relentless drive played a major role in earning the former seventh-round pick an $8 million signing bonus. Don't expect his motor to slow down just because his bank account has added a zero.

"Matter of fact, it makes me hungrier," Ratliff said during a break from teaching high school players swim and rip moves at a Reebok STACK Elite Tour clinic Thursday evening. "I came in with a chip on my shoulder, trying to prove that I belong in this league. Now it's pretty much the same thing, but I'm trying to prove that [the contract] wasn't a mistake."

The 6-4, 298-pound Ratliff, who moved from DE when Jason Ferguson went down with a season-ending injury in the opener, doesn't have a prototypical frame for a 3-4 nose tackle. But he's a good fit in Wade Phillips' one-gap scheme, which requires linemen to use their quickness to disrupt plays instead of simply occupying blockers. That was clear before Tank Johnson played a down for Dallas.

The proof is in Ratliff's performance. He anchored a run defense that ranked sixth in the league, made three sacks and led the team's defensive linemen in QB pressures (15), passes defensed (four) and fumble recoveries (two).

Oh, and he's probably the best nose tackle in the league at dropping back into pass coverage (and the only one who played safety in high school). Crazy as it sounds, Ratliff's ability to cover underneath zones is a valuable tool in Phillips' blitz packages.

Ratliff's combination of athleticism and attitude -- he lives by the motto his minister father hammered into his head: "Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might" -- convinced Jerry to ensure that he'd be a key cog in the Cowboys' defense for years.

Becoming a multimillionaire didn't change Ratliff as a person, other than giving him the means to really spoil his two daughters. But it did alter his motivation.

He's answered the questions about whether he could play in the NFL. Now he's determined to prove that it wasn't a fluke.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...even-more.html

Quote:
Ratliff was a tight end/linebacker/safety in high school. He played tight end, defensive end and defensive tackle at Auburn, and his lack of a true position is the primary reason he slipped into the seventh round of the 2005 draft.

But that versatility is a huge bonus for Wade Phillips. I mentioned yesterday that Ratliff dropped back into coverage several times against the Giants and later asked Phillips how rare it was to have a nose tackle that could handle that responsibility.

"You see that? Well we hadn't had many, or maybe any," Phillips said. "I've been in it a long time and we hadn't had many that were that versatile. We didn't ever drop [350-plus-pound] Ted Washington. Not [340-pound] Jamal Williams either.

"He can do that, so we include it. It's what your players can do. We can try to think of something that they can do that helps us.

"He's versatile enough to drop out of the line. He covers up the center, the center has to block him and then all of sudden he's out of there and we get the one-on-one matchups with other people."

Ratliff almost had a pick, too, when he identified a screen pass and stopped rushing to jump out into the flat. The ball clanked off his hands -- maybe that's why Auburn didn't leave him at tight end -- denying him the chance to show that he's the fastest nose tackle in the league.

The concern about Ratliff, who was slotted to split time between DE and NT before Jason Ferguson went down in the season opener, was that he'd wear down. He doesn't have a squatty body built to take the beating nose tackles get on a play-to-play basis, and he wasn't resting in the nickel and dime packages like almost every other nose tackle.

But Ratliff, who doesn't say much, says he feels fine. Tank's presence means that the Cowboys will be able to limit Ratliff's snaps and keep him fresh.

You won't read about Ratliff in any national magazines or hear his name on highlight shows too often, and that's fine by him. He's content being an unknown guy playing a key role on one of the league's elite defenses.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...the_start.html

This guy played Safety, Tight end, everything, versatile guys go a long way in a Wade Phillips system....The simple fact that he led all our D lineman in QB pressures and passes defended, at the NT position, should say alot about what he can offer at the position.

What BBD means as far as having 5 down lineman, is alot of times the OLB line up on the line with their hand down, which is what you have with Ware lining up at the end, Ellis at the other end, it mixes up alot of different ways and the fronts never look the same...I've literally seen Ware line up all over the place and do something different each time, those are some of the things Parcells doesn't incorporate, he has probably the best eye for personnel of the 3-4 but its very vanilla, read the offense and react, not so much attacking...So as nice as it would be to have a run stuffer, if Ratliff continues to get better I think we would be ok with him and Tank.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 06-20-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Have you guys heard about the Don Imus comments he made about Pacman? If not then you surely will in the coming days, I hope it doesn't get alot of attention just because I can't stand Imus, and anytime Al Sharpton gets involved it ends up a big deal.

Quote:
Less than 15 months after losing his gig on WFAN and MSNBC for making racially charged comments regarding the Rutgers women’s basketball team, radio icon Don Imus has danced dangerously close to, and arguably over, the line again.

On Monday, Imus had the following exchange with Warner Wolf:

Wolf: “Defensive back Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones, recently signed by the Cowboys. Here’s a guy suspended all of 2007 following a shooting in a Vegas night club.”

Imus: “Well, stuff happens. You’re in a night club, for God’s sake. What do you think’s gonna happen in a night club? People are drinking, they’re doing drugs. There are women there, and people have guns. So, there, go ahead.”

Wolf: “He’s also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus: “What color is he?”

Wolf: “He’s African-American.”

Imus: “Well, there you go. Now we know.”

Last time around, the comments represented a partial effort at humor. This time around, it was a matter-of-fact statement, with no chuckles, yuks, tee-hees, or ha’s. As we see it, if the comment wasn’t overtly and blatantly racist, then what the hell was it?

Maybe we’re wrong on this one. Even so, it was nothing short of stoopid to fly so close to the flame that already burned him once.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...s-at-it-again/

If you want to listen to the audio click here

Then no sooner then I said "watch Al Sharpton get involved" he was already on top of it:
Quote:
This Adam Jones situation is heating up it seems.
The Rev. Al Sharpton of the National Action Network is making some comments about Don Imus' comments regarding race and the Cowboys' suspended cornerback.

"It has been reported to me that statements were made by Mr. Imus this morning and National Action Network has monitored his show since his return. I find the inference of his remark disturbing because it plays into stereotypes. Any use of stereotypes is always counterproductive. We will determine in the next day or so whether or not his remark warrants direct action on our part as we did in April of last year."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...bout-imus.html

Sometimes I wish we, and more importantly Pacman, could just stay out of the news all together, good or bad, but I guess thats just wishful thinking.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Have you guys heard about the Don Imus comments he made about Pacman? If not then you surely will in the coming days, I hope it doesn't get alot of attention just because I can't stand Imus, and anytime Al Sharpton gets involved it ends up a big deal.

Then no sooner then I said "watch Al Sharpton get involved" he was already on top of it:

Sometimes I wish we, and more importantly Pacman, could just stay out of the news all together, good or bad, but I guess thats just wishful thinking.
As long as Adam keeps his nose clean, he'll eventually be out of the limelight. And as America's Team, we'll never be out of the limelight.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I agree, but it appears that this was in no way Pacman's fault.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

T-New is on SC for two days for some reason. He's looking fresh out there, haha. I always thought he'd have a career in this after football. He's doing well.

We sure have a lot of guys that would make for great analysts when their ball careers are over. Hopefully, some of them choose to go that route.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am kinda suprised no one has made a Felix Jones sig yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not surprised. I think you and I were the only ones that wanted him...if my memory is serving me right.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say you are correct. But even though no one wanted him, usually SOMEBODY will make a sig of the new first round draft pick. I just figured someone would do it cause he was new. I mean, we have a Choice sig, we need a Felix Jones sig.

I would make one, but just getting on the forum pushes my limits as far as computers go...

I also had a question. There were reports about Roy doing a lot of training in the offseason to get quicker (sounds familiar. I thought he did that last year.) Has anyone heard if he looks faster? I read he lost some pounds, but was curious if it translated to gaining speed. I know it is hard to evaluate this early, but was curious if there is any hope he does turn it around this year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I am kinda suprised no one has made a Felix Jones sig yet.
I was one of the more vocal posters opposed to Felix Jones. I'd love to get proven wrong, so if Felix the Cat has more than 1000 yards from scrimmage this upcoming season, I'll wear a Felix Jones sig.