Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...48D7A7C0FC3F9E

Flozell is a bad ass...I love it!!!
Yeah he is...it's nice to see he still has that fire. I wouldnt call them thugs or dirty or anything but, the Adams/Colombo duo is a mean one. They are no strangers to getting into fights, especially Colombo who gets in a fight every single practice and game. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean to solicit, but I have lower level tickets to the Texans game next friday if anyone is interested. I have two tix and will sell them at the face value. PM me if interested.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a real cause for celebration....

I'm getting DirectTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I was rich enough to afford it..let alone stable enough to sign the 2 year contract >_>

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have direct tv but, no fox philly anymore so, i'd be losing a lot of cowboys games....and I havent missed a Cowboy game since I was like 6. So, I have to buy Sunday ticket this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-15-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Fortunately, about 10 cowboy games a year are broadcast in San Diego. I think it's because we usually play at a different time than they do and the boys are popular, but even if I don't get it we have a great sports bar right down the street called Millers Field that has NFL Ticket and they broadcast every game. They have like 30 something flat screens playing all the games at once. So bad ass.

And I've noticed that while the bar is basically 80% charger fans, the other 15% is cowboys and about 5% scattered.

Side note-- did anyone watch Chris Johnson tonight? I really like how he cuts. Reminds me of mini-barber with his bounce. It would have been funny to see the two of them together. Also, he is listed as being about the same size as Felix but looks much smaller?

I'm happy with Felix right now, hopefully Johnson doesn't make us look stupid though because he seems to have what it takes. Although durability could be a concern with him.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Felix looks huge in a Cowboys uniform...i dont know what it is but, he looks larger than he did wearing an Arkansas uni.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-15-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Felix looks huge in a Cowboys uniform...i dont know what it is but, he looks larger than he did wearing an Arkansas uni.
Compared to Johnson he looks to have bigger shoulders, arms, and legs.

VY sucks by the way. I called him bust last year but was told it was premature. He still looks like **** to me.

Lavell Hawkins looks ok.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but Felix looks good. They can do so much with him. I almost want to call him the "poor man's reggie bush".

Old 08-16-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Wade said, all but four starters will play the entire 1st half tomorrow. Those four being...Romo, Barber, Witten, and Owens. So, we'll get plenty of Felix, Bennett, and the young receivers. We're also going to get our first looks at Lowber and Lattimore so, that is bound to show up on Hard Knocks next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I don't want to get too excited yet, but Felix looks good. They can do so much with him. I almost want to call him the "poor man's reggie bush".
felix looks like a slower version of USC reggie bush. and after watching mendenhall in two preseason games, that guy runs like JJ slowing down before the line of scrimmage, luckily for him he brings a load with him to gain extra yards.

i really wanted mendenhall, but so far looks like they made the right choice. we'll see as the games continue.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a real cause for celebration....

I'm getting DirectTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice. I'm getting it thursday. Right now I have AT&T but they blacked out a baseball game on ESPN and then they blacked out the Cowboys game on the NFL network. I couldnt take it and made the switch.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Miles Austin is out 4-6 weeks.... ******.

I was really counting on him to add some explosiveness to this offense.

We should be ok considering this team shouldn't be relying on a 3/4th string guy as a game breaker, but I sure would love to have his speed in there.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, it sucks that he's out for that long but, it's not like this is devastating or anything. The guy caught 5 passes last year. Let's just hope it doesnt linger and he can help contribute when he heals up.

So many people are overreacting over at the DMN blog. There was no guarantee that Miles was taking that #3 spot anyway. He surely earned himself some more playing time but, I dont think he was going to get that job over Sam. It would have most likely been more of a time share deal. There is no need to overreact on this one. Miles barely contributed last year and his job wasnt even assured coming into this camp. We're fine. Like I said, I'm just hoping it doesnt linger because, he was looking good and it will be great if he could be that deep threat. But, this is by no means the major blow to the team that the majority of those DMN posters are making it out to be. Some people are just clueless. End mini rant. This wasnt a shot at anyone here. I've just seen one too many stupid comments over there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-18-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:29 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure would like to see a little more Felix Jones in this next game. Game #2 wasnt enough for me.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks that he's out for that long but, it's not like this is devastating or anything. The guy caught 5 passes last year. Let's just hope it doesnt linger and he can help contribute when he heals up.

So many people are overreacting over at the DMN blog. There was no guarantee that Miles was taking that #3 spot anyway. He surely earned himself some more playing time but, I dont think he was going to get that job over Sam. It would have most likely been more of a time share deal. There is no need to overreact on this one. Miles barely contributed last year and his job wasnt even assured coming into this camp. We're fine. Like I said, I'm just hoping it doesnt linger because, he was looking good and it will be great if he could be that deep threat. But, this is by no means the major blow to the team that the majority of those DMN posters are making it out to be. Some people are just clueless. End mini rant. This wasnt a shot at anyone here. I've just seen one too many stupid comments over there.
I don't think last season should really enter into this discussion. It's his development this season that's at stake. Parcells always said guys need to show something by their third season. Personally, I think Miles was poised for a breakout season, and that would have been a good thing for the Cowboys. Maybe he still will have that breakout, but this is a setback.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Side note-- did anyone watch Chris Johnson tonight? I really like how he cuts. Reminds me of mini-barber with his bounce. It would have been funny to see the two of them together. Also, he is listed as being about the same size as Felix but looks much smaller?

I'm happy with Felix right now, hopefully Johnson doesn't make us look stupid though because he seems to have what it takes. Although durability could be a concern with him.
You know I did, CJ is on all my fantasy teams and I'm still a huge fan, but at this point I'm confident him and Felix will both be great, Felix fits perfect so no complaints, I still will remember pushing hard for CJ though lol.

Felix is jacked up more so now, I love it...You can see it in his arms how thick he has gotten, somebody threw out a stat on air somewhere talking about how many touches he's had, and how many plays over 15 yds he's had so far, the ratio was incredible...I think it just proves he knows how to make an impact with the touches he gets, we haven't seen our regular season formations so there is reason to be excited, he will line up with Barber out there, in slot a few times, going in motion, and I'm confident he can run inside.

The better question is, who all saw McFadden play both games, and doesn't Felix look ALOT quicker? Maybe its too soon to overreact, but Felix looks more agile and explosive when he gets the ball, his big plays at this point probably triple what McFadden has had, funny how the guy who was hyped up so much, with the huge contract, and overshadowed Felix his whole career, looks like we got what we needed alot later...I don't think Felix can turn on the jets like CJ in the open, but its amazing the way he can make guys miss in short space, I underrated that quality about him, his game translates very well...Can't wait to see him return a kickoff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats why I read alot of info at the Fort Worth Star Telegram too, DMN is a little out of control at times...But the thing with Miles, this isn't that huge of a blow, he will be ready in September hopefully, that shouldn't set him back that far...Yes it sucks, but he wasn't going to be our #2 WR just yet, so let him rehab, see where he is after, I doubt if he was really poised for a breakout that this ruins that, you don't lose all your ability over a sprained MCL...Stanback should see the field more if for anything to stretch the field how Miles did last year.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I don't think last season should really enter into this discussion. It's his development this season that's at stake. Parcells always said guys need to show something by their third season. Personally, I think Miles was poised for a breakout season, and that would have been a good thing for the Cowboys. Maybe he still will have that breakout, but this is a setback.
The point I was trying to make is a lot of people over there think that this injury could ruin our season...but, I guess none of them realize we had the #2 offense with out him last season. Yes, it's disappointing but, not devastating. Is losing Miles Austin going to cost a trip to the super bowl? Nooooooooo. They seem to think our offense is going completely fall off without him which is a moronic thought...considering, he has yet to do anything in his career yet. We'll be fine and Miles should be good to go before long...this isnt a major injury at all.

edit...and Hurd has just as good a chance to break out this season. If you re-watch the preseason games Hurd has been running excellent routes and is always open....and you can bet that the coaches see that when they watch the tape. I dont think Miles was going to straight up win that 3rd spot anyway and I dont think it was as "open" as Wade was making it seem. Despite these two good games he has been inconsistant in practices...yes, the games are what matter but, he was going to have to show consistancy before, they give him that spot. He dropped multiple balls in the Denver practices and those are plays he needs to make because, it's not as easy as showing up in a preseason game against 2nd teamers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-18-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

A sprained MCL is actually good news, had he tore an ACL then it would of been time to worry, not about our season but Austin himself and how he bounces back...Lots of guys have had this injury and returned with no problem, sucks he has to miss time because I don't want to see any young guys miss opportunities but people did get carried away after 2 pre-season games a bit...Hurd has been our #3 anyway, I would of been freaking out over losing him alot more.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Here's what Wade Phillips had to say about injured Cowboys who will probably play significant roles this season:

WR Miles Austin -- Confirmed he's out 4-6 weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee.

LB Kevin Burnett -- Expected back for season opener after getting left knee scoped.

CB Terence Newman -- Groin has recovered well enough to probably practice this week. Might play in preseason finale.

LB Justin Rogers -- He's fine after suffering first-degree sprain of AC joint in left shoulder. "It's nothing," Rogers said on his way to lift weights.

DE Chris Canty -- Dr. Phillips used a fancy term, but Canty basically bruised his butt by his right hip. He's OK.

LB Anthony Spencer -- Should return this week. Spencer said there's still swelling in his right knee, and he's not sure he'll be able to practice tomorrow.
Injury updates...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Injury updates...
At this point there's nothing major. The Austin one is the most disappointing, but this will give Hurd more reps.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The better question is, who all saw McFadden play both games, and doesn't Felix look ALOT quicker? Maybe its too soon to overreact, but Felix looks more agile and explosive when he gets the ball, his big plays at this point probably triple what McFadden has had, funny how the guy who was hyped up so much, with the huge contract, and overshadowed Felix his whole career, looks like we got what we needed alot later...I don't think Felix can turn on the jets like CJ in the open, but its amazing the way he can make guys miss in short space, I underrated that quality about him, his game translates very well...Can't wait to see him return a kickoff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
3. Felix the Cat. A friend of mine who i saw yesterday, was on the practice squad at Arkansas last year. That meant he went up against Felix and DMC every day in practice. He said, without a doubt, that Felix is quicker and more agile than McFadden. Told me he had a much harder time trying to tackle Jones. Great stuff to hear.
I posted this in the San Diego-Pre season thread.

I love the Cowboys.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Would anyone have a problem with bringing in Joe Horn for the vet minimum? Not like we don't have the cap space, he wouldn't get a signing bonus, and at worst case he is a veteran mentor...I don't think we need him, and I don't want him, but if we signed him for the vet minimum I certainly wouldn't be against it.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Would anyone have a problem with bringing in Joe Horn for the vet minimum? Not like we don't have the cap space, he wouldn't get a signing bonus, and at worst case he is a veteran mentor...I don't think we need him, and I don't want him, but if we signed him for the vet minimum I certainly wouldn't be against it.
I would be very against it. For one it would slow the development of our young WRs. We finally get to see what they are made of and can make a decision how to go forward with them after this year. Secondly, we don't need a mentor, that's what a WR's coach is supposed to do. Third, he takes up a valuable roster spot. Fourth, he's always been worried about himself more than anything. Fifth, he'd have no chemistry with Romo and those things take time. Sixth, TO is a better TD celebrator anyways.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote