Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-02-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There gonna have Shockey lined up on Ware's side to help block him, so I won't be that disappointed in D-Ware if he doesn't get a sack because they are gameplanning around trying to stop him.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

Marion Barber III 24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
There gonna have Shockey lined up on Ware's side to help block him, so I won't be that disappointed in D-Ware if he doesn't get a sack because they are gameplanning around trying to stop him.
Well can't complain about that. It will probably be Shiancoe. They keep Shockey into Block they are in some trouble. With Only Plax, and Tiki on screens could be huge for us.
Marion Barber III 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sinorice Moss is finally going to play. I don't know if that's good or bad.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
If he is matched up on Henry, Henry better get a hand on him!
Old 12-02-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Barber III 24
Quote:
If he is matched up on Henry, Henry better get a hand on him!
Very true. The last thing I wanna see is Moss speeding down the field.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

I look at Moss if he is matched up on Henry in two ways.

Henry matched up on Galloway on Thanksgiving. He didn't get a Hand on him, and Still made a play.

- Galloway is a Vet, and Has experience getting off the line
- Is Moss as fast / faster as an Aging Galloway?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

They really talk alot don't they?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...p-400884c.html

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

If our team isn't fired up, then I don't know what is going to fire them up.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
If our team isn't fired up, then I don't know what is going to fire them up.
True dat MBIII

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody else feel this way back in week 7 :D :D

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on October 26, three days after a 36-22 loss to the Giants left Dallas at 3-3: "I'm disappointed at the reason we're having to make this change (at quarterback). I have to be a realist. I hadn't thought or hoped we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. I did not want to go to an inexperienced quarterback (this year). I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back."

And Jones 28 days later with his team at 7-4 after a 38-10 Thanksgiving Day win over Tampa Bay: "This is the best we've played this year. Frankly, these back-to-back wins are the best we've looked in 10 years. We're a team that's got time to take advantage of getting a lot better. What we're doing … can pay off over the next four or five weeks."
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on October 26, three days after a 36-22 loss to the Giants left Dallas at 3-3: "I'm disappointed at the reason we're having to make this change (at quarterback). I have to be a realist. I hadn't thought or hoped we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. I did not want to go to an inexperienced quarterback (this year). I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back."

And Jones 28 days later with his team at 7-4 after a 38-10 Thanksgiving Day win over Tampa Bay: "This is the best we've played this year. Frankly, these back-to-back wins are the best we've looked in 10 years. We're a team that's got time to take advantage of getting a lot better. What we're doing … can pay off over the next four or five weeks."

Absoulutely!!! But, I realized that Bledsoe was playing scared. I knew he had to sit. I never thought Romo would be doing what he's doing. I'm sure a lot of us can say that. I do agree with Jerry on the one point. I haven't seen us play with this much confidence in a long time.

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question, why not put the the quicker and more agile Glenn on Moss? And let Henry play the slot.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Absoulutely!!! But, I realized that Bledsoe was playing scared. I knew he had to sit. I never thought Romo would be doing what he's doing. I'm sure a lot of us can say that. I do agree with Jerry on the one point. I haven't seen us play with this much confidence in a long time.
true. but i remember after being 3-3 how frustrating it was because you knew the talet was there but we were so inconsistnt. romo has been great and if we win this weekend the rest of the nfl is in trouble imo.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

true. but i remember after being 3-3 how frustrating it was because you knew the talet was there but we were so inconsistnt. romo has been great and if we win this weekend the rest of the nfl is in trouble imo.
You better believe it!

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is driving me crazy. I look at all the reasons for us to be successful, and I can't come up with any other conclusion besides us winning handily. But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just can't shake. It is the same one I had before the Washington and Philly games. It says "something is about to go terribly wrong".

We've all seem these types of games. One team comes in playing great and on a roll, the other has been falling all over itself on a weekly basis. Yet the same players that could not buy a good play in the previous weeks are suddenly flying around making big one after big one, leaving the favored team to simply shake its head and ask "What the hell is happening here".

We all felt that in Washington 4 weeks ago. We all saw it happen to Chicago against Arizona. Same thing with Atlanta in back-to-backs against Cincy and Pitt. It happens all the time, and I have a bad feeling that it's going to happen again tomorrow.

I can just see that damn Walker dude making some over-his-head plays and picking the ball off or staying with Terry Glenn on a deep post. Or William Joseph come screaming off the edge time after time at our QB. Or Bob freakin' Whitfield keeping his balance and sealing off the edge vs. DMW. I have a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Giants 27-23.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
This game is driving me crazy. I look at all the reasons for us to be successful, and I can't come up with any other conclusion besides us winning handily. But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just can't shake. It is the same one I had before the Washington and Philly games. It says "something is go to go terribly wrong".

We've all seem these types of games. One team comes in playing great and on a roll, the other has been falling all over itself on a weekly basis. Yet the same players that could not buy a good play in the previous weeks are suddenly flying around making big one after big one, leaving the favored team to simply shake its head and ask "What the hell is happening here".

We all felt that in Washington 4 weeks ago. We all saw it happen to Chicago against Arizona. Same thing with Atlanta in back-to-backs against Cincy and Pitt. It happens all the time, and I have a bad feeling that it's going to happen again tomorrow.

I can just see that damn Walker dude making some over-his-head plays and picking the ball off or staying with Terry Glenn on a deep post. Or William Joseph come screaming off the edge time after time at our QB. Or Bob freakin' Whitfield keeping his balance and sealing off the edge vs. DMW. I have a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Giants 27-23.
Danm talk about a buzzkill.

But I get what you mean, I'm not totally confident about this games as others are. But I had this feeling before the Arizona game(don't ask why), so maybe it will turn the way we all hope.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

well anytime you go on the road and your their "superbowl/philly" or a "must win/giants" it is a scary game. i sure dont think we should be the favorites in this game but if we are able to pull it out we will be on a serious roll and imo become the favorites in the nfc. yes even above da'bears because they have q.b. issues. i cant wait till kick off.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

I'm a little uneasy as well. I'm confident that we'll play well, which is something that I was not before the Philly game and the Redskin game. I just think one of these weeks the Giants will play big. It's a dangerous situation.

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

I think we pull it off. We have failed in all of these games before. But that was with Bledsoe at the helm. Our qb has a spark to him that Drew lacked.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
I think we pull it off. We have failed in all of these games before. But that was with Bledsoe at the helm. Our qb has a spark to him that Drew lacked.
I am pumped, and ready to go!

Albert Camus
Old 12-02-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Well it looks like most of the injured Giants will be active for the game.

Here are the current injury updates...

Sam Madison is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Carlos Emmons is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Gibril Wilson is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Osi Umenyoria is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Brandon Short is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Corey Webster is listed as questionable and is not expected to play

Luke Petigout is listed as out and will not be playing

Michael Strahan is listed as doubtful and is not expected to play
Old 12-02-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

I am happy that Strahan is out, and at least we know the ones that are active are not at 100%.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a bad feeling about this game and someone getting hurt badly. For Cowboys fans I hope not because its just bad to see teams get injured. For Giants fans I hope not for the sanity of our fans.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
I have a bad feeling about this game and someone getting hurt badly. For Cowboys fans I hope not because its just bad to see teams get injured. For Giants fans I hope not for the sanity of our fans.
I don't get it? Like who do you see getting injured and from what team?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/guide?page=guide/week13

check the 5th quick hit down, i think this is newmans year for the pro bowl. even espn is recognizing him as second to champ.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote