Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your right, that was an excellent article and I was happy to of stumbled across that, I hope dmn keeps that stuff coming.
Yea I refuse to give any credit to DMN tho...I haven't read anything worth while since Breer has left...and Barnswell is a smart smart man from fo.com I just hope they keep up questions that can let his brain speak.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Adam Jones an elite CB? OK I can't let that go. No way in hell is he an elite CB in this league. Can he be an elite CB in the future? absolutely. Is he an elite CB now? absolutley freaking not. He was a project for the titans who was a little overrated as a football player due to his special teams ability, then he goes and is out of football for a year due to his troublemaking habits? not exactly what I would call an elite CB, and this pre-season Pac isn't looking like the CB he was in Tennesee. No where near an elite CB as of yet.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Adam Jones an elite CB? OK I can't let that go. No way in hell is he an elite CB in this league. Can he be an elite CB in the future? absolutely. Is he an elite CB now? absolutley freaking not. He was a project for the titans who was a little overrated as a football player due to his special teams ability, then he goes and is out of football for a year due to his troublemaking habits? not exactly what I would call an elite CB, and this pre-season Pac isn't looking like the CB he was in Tennesee. No where near an elite CB as of yet.
Just got excited from what Bill Barnwell wrote...and might have went a tad overboard...but I did state in man-to-man and that I was skeptically in zone coverages...and that he was a elite returner...but w/e

Quote:
2. Adam "Pacman" Jones arrived here with a lot of talk about his Pro Bowl potential. How close was he to being an elite cornerback for the Titans?

He wasn't close. He already was one. Jones often lined up in man coverage, and absolutely shut down opposing wideouts in 2006. His success rate was 63% -- that was second-best amongst all corners, and the 5.4 yards he gave up per pass were the best in the league. It's impossible to say what he'll be this year because of the year off, his obviously bizarre mental state, and the time it may take to adjust to a new system, but when his mind is right, Adam Jones is on the shortlist of best cornerbacks in football.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post

Nobody really cares what you think, especially not in this thread...You can't even express your opinion without sounding like a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...0E84522D0B95A3

Kosier is injured.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also watched the 3rd Hard Knocks episode last night, I swear if we keep Amendola around over Lowber I will be upset, Amendola's best case scenario is a solid NFL player, Lowber just looks like he has an explosive first step when you watch him run routes and has a much higher ceiling even if he never reaches it...Neither guy was drafted anyway, but Lowber has some soft hands and blows past people.

I also didn't know Hurd had gotten that much bigger, he is huge compared to the way he was when he came in for us, he's been working extremely hard and it shows...His hands are very reliable and thats why I think Romo has no problem looking for him in games.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Felix Jones
I'm not calling Felix a bust or anything....but as a first round pick I expect more than 5-8 touches a game and (maybe) a kick returner....maybe my expectations were to high...but I just thought that he'd somehow show his abilities to warrant more time with the ball in his hands. I liked the explosiveness he showed...and maybe we have been hiding him from the media...but at this point in time I'm slightly disappointed with the playing time he has warranted.
Dont worry about Felix....Marion was getting his work in and we werent about to show the league how we intend to use Marion and Felix together. Everyone has been raving about Felix and the coaches are reluctant to put him in at kick returner because, of how well he has taken to the offense and is catching the ball out of the backfield. Felix is going to get a lot more than 5-8 touches per game. I guarantee it. Dont read into him not playing the 1st half at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also watched the 3rd Hard Knocks episode last night, I swear if we keep Amendola around over Lowber I will be upset, Amendola's best case scenario is a solid NFL player, Lowber just looks like he has an explosive first step when you watch him run routes and has a much higher ceiling even if he never reaches it...Neither guy was drafted anyway, but Lowber has some soft hands and blows past people.

I also didn't know Hurd had gotten that much bigger, he is huge compared to the way he was when he came in for us, he's been working extremely hard and it shows...His hands are very reliable and thats why I think Romo has no problem looking for him in games.
Lowber is incredibly raw and Danny is just a guy. Jefferson is the best receiver of the trio. None of these guys really deserve a roster spot throughout the league, though. Danny probably has the best chance if waived, though...because, he's a return man. If we have to keep one...I say Jefferson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-23-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lowber is incredibly raw and Danny is just a guy. Jefferson is the best receiver of the trio. None of these guys really deserve a roster spot throughout the league, though. Danny probably has the best chance if waived, though...because, he's a return man. If we have to keep one...I say Jefferson.
I didn't like what i saw from Jefferson yesterday though. Had a few drops, and the balls he did catch he used his body to do so. On that one slant route, he actually jumped up, to catch the body in his chest. Not what you wanna see from a guy who has already spent some time in the league.

Amendola knows how to catch the ball properly and run decent routes, Lowber has the incredible athleticism, and Jefferson is just, there. I'd take one of the first two over Jefferson any day though.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Jefferson made some decent plays, but he upset me on that deep route, thats a play you have to make, and Brad put the ball right where you expect it to be, Lowber has made more of his opportunities, of course he is extremely raw, thats the point of putting him on the practice squad and giving him some time to develop, in a year he would be past Jefferson anyway...Lowber catches everything I see thrown his way and is much faster then Jefferson, he needs to gain weight and bulk up the way hurd didn, and refine his route running, but I thought the point of practice squad is keeping guys around with alot of talent that need more time.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kosier out 6 weeks

DMN blog
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Kosier out 6 weeks

DMN blog
Yeah, I just saw that...that's a rough one. The entire starting o-line looked brilliant last night. This one stings a little.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Jefferson made some decent plays, but he upset me on that deep route, thats a play you have to make, and Brad put the ball right where you expect it to be, Lowber has made more of his opportunities, of course he is extremely raw, thats the point of putting him on the practice squad and giving him some time to develop, in a year he would be past Jefferson anyway...Lowber catches everything I see thrown his way and is much faster then Jefferson, he needs to gain weight and bulk up the way hurd didn, and refine his route running, but I thought the point of practice squad is keeping guys around with alot of talent that need more time.
Lowber only has one reception...yes, that has come in very limited time but, i wouldnt say he has been showing much of anything. He's also just about to turn 27 I believe...he's a good story but, he's just another project who couldnt really help us on game days if multiple receivers went down. I dont think you can use a roster spot on him.

As for Jefferson...he made several nice plays in that game, he had the one drop and was stumbling all over himself on that deep ball but, he atleast knows the game and runs decent enough routes. He could at the very least come in and contribute a little if several of our guys went down...Danny might even be able to do that. Now, I dont think either guy even deserves a spot but, they most likely both have better shots than Lowber.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-23-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yes Lowber made one catch, but he was only thrown one ball too, we have no idea what he could do with some time....Neither guys is going to be expected to contribute this year anyway, but I like the way Lowber looks more then Jefferson, and thats running routes, the way he catches everything with his hands, the way he picks up speed in his routes, I'm not just judging him off his one catch...From the few Hard Knock clips of him running routes, how he catches his passes, I see a very good WR in him, its not even about being a good story I think a year on the PS could do wonders for him...Thats all purely opinion though of me personally, I like Jefferson, but we have no idea if Lowber wouldn't be making as many plays if thrown out there again, I just see a higher ceiling with him and it would be silly to not keep him around.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well we're talking about two different things...I'm all for him being a PS guy but, he shouldnt be a part of the 53.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wonder who gets the start at LG...McQ/Berger/Proctor/Marten

My first guess is Berger who was pushing early in camp..but I won't be surprised to see McQ there with Free brought along as the swing tackle if that's the case....this is a very interesting situation...as Koiser was arguably our weakest starter on the team....very interested to see how this will play out.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on McQ. He's been fairly solid everywhere we put him.

By the way, I want Lowber in the 53. Just putting my opinion out there.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I thought Lowber was only 22?

Either way we should be able to keep him on the PS this year. He probably won't have a chance behind the guys we got.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pat McQuistan won't be near a starting snap.. you guys must be high.

Berger looks to be headed for the starting spot, but Marten could challenge him for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Berger looks to be headed for the starting spot, but Marten could challenge him for it.

I'm not so sure about that. I think they think McQ is their 6th best lineman. Period.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Marten right now is the 10th lineman and has been garbage on most days in camp. He's not challenging anyone. Berger probably gets the nod, as he was outplaying Kosier every now and then anyway during camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I thought Lowber was only 22?

Either way we should be able to keep him on the PS this year. He probably won't have a chance behind the guys we got.
Born January 26, 1982 (age 26)

He just started playing football in 2007...he's just way to raw to use a 53 man spot on. He'll def. get through to the practice squad when cut, though. Problem is...you'll have to choose between him Jefferson, Amendola, Polk, and Bradford as to who gets a PS squad spot. We cant keep all those Wrs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Marten right now is the 10th lineman and has been garbage on most days in camp. He's not challenging anyone. Berger probably gets the nod, as he was outplaying Kosier every now and then anyway during camp.
I know Marten's not challenging anyone yet, but he has more potential than most of the back ups do. Sorry for not fully stating my reason for even bringing him up.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I cant believe neither Strahan or Osi will be on the field when we the play the Giants. Crazy.

As for other divisional opponents, anyone see that Skins game yesterday? The Panthers absolutely tore their starting defense apart. Then you see how dominate our O-Line was on Friday. Marion and Felix could be in for some monster games against our divisional rivals.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Our o-line with Kosier in is dominating, there's a good chance you'll see a weak spot in the line with Berger in there. Hopefully it's not too glaring of a weak spot though.
Quote: