Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Would you trade Jenkins for Talib?

Trying to spark some convo.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Would you trade Jenkins for Talib?

Trying to spark some convo.
The guys here can testify that I didn't like Talib in the draft and I'll admit he's doing well. But I loved Jenkins in the draft and I would still draft him ahead of Talib if the option was there. There's no reason to make a trade. I get that you're proud of the guy, but he's made his fair share of mistakes so far this season. That doesn't make him a bad player, he's learning. Good thing about him though is that he seems to make up for his mistakes... he can't reverse the TDs that he gives up, but he does come back with a key break ups and stuff like that and overall does a steady job. Jenkins hasn't had the same amount of reps that Talib has had because Newman and Henry have started over him, but what I've seen of him so far, makes me feel at ease with the CB position. I like that he could even play Safety if needed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing about Talib is he is exactly where he needs to be, in a Cover 2...It's no surprise he is making plays and getting picks, I felt that was the perfect fit for him, I still think Jenkins was/is a much better fit for our defense but I think both will develop into quality corners...I like the progression from Jenkins, he is going to be something for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thing about Talib is he is exactly where he needs to be, in a Cover 2...It's no surprise he is making plays and getting picks, I felt that was the perfect fit for him, I still think Jenkins was/is a much better fit for our defense but I think both will develop into quality corners...I like the progression from Jenkins, he is going to be something for us.
He had no trouble playing man on T.O.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
He had no trouble playing man on T.O.
Romo would have thrown at least 1 if not 2 touchdowns to T.O. when the left Talib on him man up.

Come on man, you saw those passes from BJ. so terrible. Not even catchable.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett just seems pretty clueless out there still. His football IQ is not nearly as impressive as his actual IQ. I guarantee that if we had a veteran playcaller our offense would be playing so much better...even with Brad at the healm. It doesnt make any sense that T.O. is getting basically shut out every week. You hear all this about the blue print is out there now, well that is just BS. You see similar players getting 100+ yards every single week...and they dont have Witten, Roy Williams, and Crayton helping to take away some of the pressure. Garrett really doesnt know what he is doing. We all thought he was going to be creative but, he just doesnt seem to know enough about the game and establishing rythms and dialing up the right play at the right time. He didnt even know how to get Felix involved for weeks. Now, he shows flashes but, he is hurting the team right now. I've said it before, when Wade is out...sure, Garrett can take over, I'm fine w/ that but, I want an veteran playcaller w/ some actual experience because, Garrett's playcalling tends to be stale, predictable, repetitive, very streak toward pass or run. He needs lots of work. When you have all that talent, you should not be playing the way they are on offense. Not at all. It's rather aggravating and you can legitimately point the finger in Garrett's direction.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-26-2008 at 08:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game was just what I wanted to see. Figure this...dallas has reports coming that Wade is going to take over the defense. Now dallas naturally downplays this and kinda turns it to a help a little bit more. Once again I think Wade put more input on big games...and it was huge this game...

Veteran playcallers > young ones.

Stewart and Garrett both are under utilitizing our talent...and we got a taste today with Wade of what these units could be like if vets were running the show.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are on to something. The veteran playcallers vs the young ones. It's an interesting thought. Not sure I buy it entirely though.

I love Wade as our DC. I don't want to fire him as HC and lose his DC touch. But that would be inevitable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys see Burnett and the ref on the last play of the game? I thought that ref was going to cost us. They were tied up or dancing or something. I dont know what the deal was there.

That would have been the 2nd time I was screwed by refs in the last two weeks. If you saw the Gamecocks QB, Stephen Garcia, get layed out by a ref last week. ugh. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bradie James is a moron. He literally gave Tampa a time out at the end of the game.

Get off the damn field and cry about your panty injuries.
I agree... He was playing a good game until he pulled that ****, if we lost I would have been mad but since not it didn't really matter I guess.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bradie James is a moron. He literally gave Tampa a time out at the end of the game.

Get off the damn field and cry about your panty injuries.
Not to mention that he risked having a 15 yard penalty getting called against us (no helmet). It might not have done a lot of wrong at that point in the game, but your supposed captain of the defense should have a little more composure than that.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yes it was bad but, he was excited...nothing came of it.

Bradie played his ass off, he has actually been playing sound football for weeks but, continues to get bashed. I dont think most fans know what he really means to this team. All the clamoring for Carp and Burnett is just a tad ridiculous. Burnett cannot be trusted as a starter, not at all...he's made out of glass and Carpenter is god awful. He's not a football player, it's as simple as that. Slow game speed, inconsistant tackler, slow in pursuit, very penalty prone, terrible at shedding blocks...the list goes on. Bradie means a whole lot more to the team than both of them and he is better than both of them...and his leadership is tremendously underrated and under valued. Zach Thomas doesnt want that leadership role...he has stepped it up lately but, Bradie and Hamlin are the ones talking in the lockeroom and the sidelines. They're the ones setting up the unit's meetings and trying to rally the troops. Bradie may not be ideal but, he has been good this year. He takes so much heat but, honestly he is a solid 3-4 ILB, I dont know how much football everyone else watches but, he does his job better than the majority of 3-4 ILBs. His coverage has improved, he's using lanes and other players better now on blitz's, he's one of our only sure tacklers. Bradie has been good for us and he just played a fantastic game. Cant we go a week w/ out bashing the guy?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-26-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradie has been invisible a few games, but he came to play today, I can honestly say I don't see him play at this same intensity week in and out, maybe the play calls had him being more active or whatever, but he deserves kudos for his play today.

I hope Brian Stewart was taking notes today, this is the aggressive scheme I expected alot sooner...We have a chance to force Eli into the same mistakes if we can mix it up and stop ******* giving up free 8 yard passes every drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It will be interesting...I dont know how i feel about it right now. I dont think it looks all that good. Eli loves to dump everything off and throw his nice short 5 yard passes all day. Then of course, they'll throw in the deep ball more than we saw against the Bucs. I still dont know why they didnt try to exploit our depleted secondary w/ Galloway...seems stupid. They could have hurt us there. But anyway, Eli has become Mr. Short pass. (pretty crappy nickname, I know) but, he likes to throw those short passes to the middle of the field all day and of course dump it off to his backs, like he used to do w/ Tiki...and yeah, that doesnt bode well for us. Hopefully, today was just a sign of things to come, a turning point for a talented defense. The matchup does scare me just a bit...just because, of the type of gameplan the Giants have been using. Eli still doesnt look like he has quite arrived yet but, again...they seem to put him in a great position to succeed in just about every game. Again, it will be interesting.

One positive...Eli has looked like well, Eli these past few weeks. He's not playing all that great but, I dont know how much that really matters because, normally our defense makes QBs look better than they actually are. I def. think they'll have a much better game plan than the Bucs did.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-26-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I have to disagree Moth.

Bradie can't shed a block for his life, he is constantly out of position, he frequently gets frozen when trying to make a tackle in space, he overruns a ton of plays, he can't cover for ****, he makes NO plays behind the LOS.

I honestly don't get what you see in him, or Spears, or Hurd for that matter.

Burnett has more speed, is better in coverage, is a better blitzer and sheds blocks better, and is a better tackler. Burnett is the better player, he just can't stay healthy. I don't think Bradie is better in any facet of the game to be completely honest. I never find myself thinking "WTF Burnett?" like I do with Bradie at least once per series.

Carp is a wild card. He's know to be a pus sy and avoids contact at all cost. However it's intriguing to think about what he could be and his potential compared to Bradie, whom we already know to be nothing more than average.

Today was probably the best game Bradie has played in his career and it still wasn't anything noteworthy. I also don't know how you can say he's been doing well for the past few weeks. He was dominated against the rams, and was no where to be found in AZ.

Not trying to come off as a ***** if thats how this sounds. I'm just disagreeing with you on this one.

Also, as far as leadership goes -- Moose made a great point on air today. He said to be viewed as a leader you have to play like one. Bradie doesn't play like a leader. It's like listening to the kid in your group in college who is stupider than everyone, yet he thinks he's got all the great ideas. You sorta just let him talk but in the back of your head you're like "Ok, well you're a dip ****"

Then Moose mentioned how Zach Thomas took the leadership role this week. Zach talked to the guys and Zach rallied the troops. He felt uncomfortable at first being the new guy, but he said **** it and went ahead and took over.

I just don't see it in him. I'd prefer for us to package him and crayton in a draft day trade to move up for a stud ILB or stud NT. Just a fantasy in my head, but I see the two of them as expendable and would love to do something smart with them.

Last edited by Burns336 : 10-27-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I have to disagree Moth.

Bradie can't shed a block for his life, he is constantly out of position, he frequently gets frozen when trying to make a tackle in space, he overruns a ton of plays, he can't cover for ****, he makes NO plays behind the LOS.

I honestly don't get what you see in him, or Spears, or Hurd for that matter.

Burnett has more speed, is better in coverage, is a better blitzer and sheds tackles better. Burnett is the better player, he just can't stay healthy. I don't think Bradie is better in any facet of the game to be completely honest.

Carp is a wild card. He's know to be a pus sy and avoids contact at all cost. However it's intriguing to think about what he could be and his potential compared to Bradie, whom we already know to be nothing more than average.

Today was probably the best game Bradie has played in his career and it still wasn't anything noteworthy. I also don't know how you can say he's been doing well for the past few weeks. He was dominated against the rams, and was no where to be found in AZ.

Not trying to come off as a ***** if thats how this sounds. I'm just disagreeing with you on this one.
To set something straight...I'm not a big fan of Marcus Spears. I think he is another guy that is too often bashed, though...he does indeed add a lot to the run defense and has shown a nasty streak in rushing the passer (be it seldom), granted he is an inconsistant performer but, given the fact that Ratliff plays better at the nose, it was a better idea to leave Spears at the starting end. He's the best option we have there. He had a great camp and preseason and earned the job. This may be it for him but, yes for this year...he was the best option.

Sam Hurd and Bradie James are quality players. Hurd is a do everything type of guy who will do anything to help the team and he wants to be a great player. He runs great routes and may have the best hands on the team. All Austin has on Hurd is speed and a little size. Hurd is the better blocker, has better hands, route runner, tackler. I dont know how you can dislike the guy. He's a player that just kept getting better and was doing everything to do so. He was bigger and faster coming into camp this year. He's has an excellent approach to the game, a fantastic work ethic, and you wont find a better person. The potential is still there for him to become a quality starter in this league and now that we're going to have an abundance of WRs...I wouldnt be shocked to see him catch on in Miami, he was one of BP's favorites. Of course, we may be reluctant to give up such a key ST contributer on what is a horrible unit.

James has been the teams most consistant tackler over his starting tenure w/ the team. Just because, you dont hear a lot about it, doesnt mean he is not a leader. Bradie is the leader of that defense and as Aikman always says during his broadcasts..."the heart and soul of that defense." Sure he has been inconsistant at times but, he doesnt "disappear" as much as a lot of you think. The same was said last year but, all he did was lead the team in tackles...again. Bradie is always around the ball and has been noticeably better in pass coverage and blitzing this year. Bradie has actually done a fine job of collapsing the pocket on a number occassions this year. Is he a pro bowler? No but, he is a good player and in comparison to other 3-4 team's ILBs, he's right up there. I agree he's not an ideal fit but, his teammates, coaches, and of course cowboys alum like Aikman, Moose, and Deion all love the guy. He's really not as bad as you're making him out to be.

As for Burnett...talk about soft. So he's better in coverage...that makes him perfect for his current role. He is also overrated in that department, he gets beat all the time...yes, he's better than Bradie in that aspect but, still not amazing either. The guy is an injury waiting to happen who gets shook out of his cleats just as much as any other LB on the team. Bradie is the better tackler, much tougher/stronger, a leader, and a healthy body. Burnett is a good player but again, he isnt an ideal fit either and could not be trusted to be a starter w/ his injury history. The guy is probably one more knee injury away from retirement. I love him but, he probably wont even be around next year.

As for Carpenter...this potential that a very few amount of posters constantly speak about is just not evident at all. There is laundry list of things that are wrong w/ Carp's game. He's just not that good. Seriously, he really is just not that good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
To set something straight...I'm not a big fan of Marcus Spears. I think he is another guy that is too often bashed, though...he does indeed add a lot to the run defense and has shown a nasty streak in rushing the passer (be it seldom), granted he is an inconsistant performer but, given the fact that Ratliff plays better at the nose, it was a better idea to leave Spears at the starting end. He's the best option we have there. He had a great camp and preseason and earned the job. This may be it for him but, yes for this year...he was the best option.

Sam Hurd and Bradie James are quality players. Hurd is a do everything type of guy who will do anything to help the team and he wants to be a great player. He runs great routes and may have the best hands on the team. All Austin has on Hurd is speed and a little size. Hurd is the better blocker, has better hands, route runner, tackler. I dont know how you can dislike the guy. He's a player that just kept getting better and was doing everything to do so. He was bigger and faster coming into camp this year. He's has an excellent approach to the game, a fantastic work ethic, and you wont find a better person. The potential is still there for him to become a quality starter in this league and now that we're going to have an abundance of WRs...I wouldnt be shocked to see him catch on in Miami, he was one of BP's favorites. Of course, we may be reluctant to give up such a key ST contributer on what is a horrible unit.

James has been the teams most consistant tackler over his starting tenure w/ the team. Just because, you dont hear a lot about it, doesnt mean he is not a leader. Bradie is the leader of that defense and as Aikman always says during his broadcasts..."the heart and soul of that defense." Sure he has been inconsistant at times but, he doesnt "disappear" as much as a lot of you think. The same was said last year but, all he did was lead the team in tackles...again. Bradie is always around the ball and has been noticeably better in pass coverage and blitzing this year. Bradie has actually done a fine job of collapsing the pocket on a number occassions this year. Is he a pro bowler? No but, he is a good player and in comparison to other 3-4 team's ILBs, he's right up there. I agree he's not an ideal fit but, his teammates, coaches, and of course cowboys alum like Aikman, Moose, and Deion all love the guy. He's really not as bad as you're making him out to be.

As for Burnett...talk about soft. So he's better in coverage...that makes him perfect for his current role. He is also overrated in that department, he gets beat all the time...yes, he's better than Bradie in that aspect but, still not amazing either. The guy is an injury waiting to happen who gets shook out of his cleats just as much as any other LB on the team. Bradie is the better tackler, much tougher/stronger, a leader, and a healthy body. Burnett is a good player but again, he isnt an ideal fit either and could not be trusted to be a starter w/ his injury history. The guy is probably one more knee injury away from retirement. I love him but, he probably wont even be around next year.

As for Carpenter...this potential that a very few amount of posters constantly speak about is just not evident at all. There is laundry list of things that are wrong w/ Carp's game. He's just not that good. Seriously, he really is just not that good.
Look, you know I'm a main Barbie carp hater. I have been tougher on him than anyone. The only thing I'm saying is that I'd atleast like to know what we have. I know what we have in James and I don't like it.

I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on Burnett. Obviously I'm one of the bigger Burnett supports on here and think more highly of him than probably any other poster on here so maybe I'm a bit biased. We'll just agree to disagree because I still think he is superior to James in every way except for the fact that he cant stay healthy.

Hurd is a guy I like, I just think you overrate him. I think he's a solid player. I think he's also maxed out. I think Hurd is everything he is going to be, whereas Austin is just getting started and isn't looking back.

I'd be ok with letting Crayton go because I feel like Hurd is interchangeable with him to some extent. Crayton does have a knack for finding holes in the zone and making great finger tip grabs that I don't think Hurd is capable of. I also think Crayton is a little faster. That being said, Hurd is younger and certainly could end up being a good #3 -- I just don't see him as the #2 you see him as.

I also don't think Jerry does. I think the crystal ball in Jerry's mind shows Williams, Austin, and Stanback 1, 2, and 3 if development goes as planned.

Just my 2 cents on it all. I might be wrong, but this is how I am perceiving things currently.

As for Spears. Why beat a dead horse? This has been his best season yet and he still doesn't do ****. He looked alright today but he still isn't what he needs to be. I'm not even looking for him to be Richard Seymore or Luis Castillo anymore, I'm looking for him to be in the tier under than. As far as I'm concerned he's in the bottom of the class for starting 3-4 DE's
Old 10-27-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for Receivers...I dont know where we go from here. I'd imagine either Hurd or Stanback will be on the outs. Crayton wont be moved, he's a quality 3 and a capable 2 and is fresh off a new contract. This was the whole reason a lot of us didnt want a receiver because, now they're going to have to part w/ some of that youth at WR. Austin is safe, he was holding down the 3 job and will still see a little playing time this year. Not much, though. The only way he leaves if he wants something more...maybe a 3 spot on another team but, I dont think Austin would do that. Now Hurd will have better opportunities out there, considering he is sitting as our 5th WR now and will never see any offensive snaps...i do think he'll be a Dolphin. Stanback, still under contract, will probably remain on the team next year and continue to progess in hope that one day, he or Miles could have an expanded role upon T.O.'s departure. As good a ST player as Hurd is, it would seem as, though he would be the odd man out and this is not his fault and it's not because, he's not a good player. It's just how it's worked out. Kind of sucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As for Receivers...I dont know where we go from here. I'd imagine either Hurd or Stanback will be on the outs. Crayton wont be moved, he's a quality 3 and a capable 2 and is fresh off a new contract. This was the whole reason a lot of us didnt want a receiver because, now they're going to have to part w/ some of that youth at WR. Austin is safe, he was holding down the 3 job and will still see a little playing time this year. Not much, though. The only way he leaves if he wants something more...maybe a 3 spot on another team but, I dont think Austin would do that. Now Hurd will have better opportunities out there, considering he is sitting as our 5th WR now and will never see any offensive snaps...i do think he'll be a Dolphin. Stanback, still under contract, will probably remain on the team next year and continue to progess in hope that one day, he or Miles could have an expanded role upon T.O.'s departure. As good a ST player as Hurd is, it would seem as, though he would be the odd man out and this is not his fault and it's not because, he's not a good player. It's just how it's worked out. Kind of sucks.
He is def. a hard worker. The type of guy who I would love to keep on the team because he will play 110% and do whatever the coaches want. But yeah, Miami would prob love to have him opposite Ginn as their "possession guy" with Devon Bess in the slot.

From what I understand Hagan hasn't worked out.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not here to taunt, but I found this very interesting. The Eagles got their 500th win of the Frnachise yesterday. My newspaper listed the other 6 teams to have 500 franchise wins, and both the Giants and Redskins were on it. I know that the Giants are one of the original NFL teams, and have a good history and that makes sense. The Redskins have a good history as well. But the Cowboys have jsut as much hsitory, and more championships. Did the newspaper I read overlook something, or is there a reason the Cowboys don't have 500 wins? I know the Eagles have been around since 1932, but when was the Cowboys franchis created? It jsut strikes me as weird that one of the most successful franchises doesn't have 500 wins, when mine, who has a history of "underacheiving" has reached 500 wins.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm not here to taunt, but I found this very interesting. The Eagles got their 500th win of the Frnachise yesterday. My newspaper listed the other 6 teams to have 500 franchise wins, and both the Giants and Redskins were on it. I know that the Giants are one of the original NFL teams, and have a good history and that makes sense. The Redskins have a good history as well. But the Cowboys have jsut as much hsitory, and more championships. Did the newspaper I read overlook something, or is there a reason the Cowboys don't have 500 wins? I know the Eagles have been around since 1932, but when was the Cowboys franchis created? It jsut strikes me as weird that one of the most successful franchises doesn't have 500 wins, when mine, who has a history of "underacheiving" has reached 500 wins.

Beyond the pale, one of the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on this board.

I think, maybe I am being crazy here, the reason the Eagles have so many wins is they are on of the founding teams in the NFL. That is what -- the 1930s? Cowobys started in 61?
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved how Colombo was intimidating the Bucs yesterday. Got us some yards on that one penalty. We need that nastiness on offense right now.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I loved how Colombo was intimidating the Bucs yesterday. Got us some yards on that one penalty. We need that nastiness on offense right now.
I believe that's called taunting.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Brad Johnson would have left the game in a body bag if we tried play action. He barely has any time to throw as it is...all it takes is one guy to come through and they were doing that all game. Our line has been very mediocre the last few weeks. When Romo returns, he needs to be the Romo we saw in year 1. He's going to have to run around because, right now, our offense looks very similar to that stagnant attack we had in Bledsoe's final season in big D. Romo makes the line look so much better than they actually are...when he makes his return, we really are going to need to see less of that Brady esque pocket passer. Gotta go back to what makes him a great QB. We're going to need that added element.
Did you just diss tom brady?
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Just when you think Wade may have figured out how to energize this team, he gives them an off day...

Headed into one of the biggest games of the season, which would be huge if we won. So huge you can't even imagine. I mean, there is no way we can beat the Giants next week, but imagine if we did somehow?

and wade goes with an off day.

This is the ******** I cant stand. He needs to be talking about "we need to get better, we have a big game, we're still not there yet"

Instead, it's all sunshine and flowers and the guys get an off day for pulling off a win against a team that we should have beat.

**** me.