Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
But I think we would look at Huff at safety. I think Huff would be an upgrade over Ball.
If he were to be released, i'd be VERY surprised if he didn't end up in Dallas or Houston. He loves being here in Texas, and why not come play for his childhood dream team? He has all the talent in the world, and i'm sure he could find the desire to be good again here. I don't blame anyone that doesn't pan out in Oakland.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

It must be nice being a Cowboys fan.

Knowing that your team can and will go after every legit player available.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olshansky is a FA? I'd definitely try to sign him and let Spears go.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
If we fire Wade, I think our chances decrease.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

The Chargers have already said they won't be resigning him. He could be ours.

I also know Marques Harris, who is a pretty good role player/ special teamer wants to be a cowboy.

My girlfriend babysits his kids sometimes and he told her that he either wants to play for the Chargers or Cowboys, so he would also be an option for depth.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
The Chargers have already said they won't be resigning him. He could be ours.

I also know Marques Harris, who is a pretty good role player/ special teamer wants to be a cowboy.

My girlfriend babysits his kids sometimes and he told her that he either wants to play for the Chargers or Cowboys, so he would also be an option for depth.
Why wouldnt we resign Olshansky, wheres the source? Why wouldnt we resign one of the strongest player on our team even one of the strongest in the league, hes started since we drafted him and we're just going to let him go?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
It must be nice being a Cowboys fan.

Knowing that your team can and will go after every legit player available.
It is fun, knowing nobody is off-limits really...Although as soon as you say "no it will never happen" then it will.

Olshansky I've always liked, but like D said I doubt Wade comes back, and honestly unless we bring in Ca[ers or another 3-4 guy we could end up changing to the 4-3, it's not like we don't have the players already.

I doubt Huff is released though, he's not taking up as much money as Javon Walker is at least, so Walker would get let go first, if that happens maybe ol' Al is cleaning house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Why wouldnt we resign Olshansky, wheres the source? Why wouldnt we resign one of the strongest player on our team even one of the strongest in the league, hes started since we drafted him and we're just going to let him go?
I've read it in multiple spots and heard the guys talking about it on 105.3 post game

However, I will not waste time searching for an article to provide a source for someone who I could give a **** whether they believe me or not. So you can do your own research.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've read it in multiple spots and heard the guys talking about it on 105.3 post game

However, I will not waste time searching for an article to provide a source for someone who I could give a **** whether they believe me or not. So you can do your own research.
Or you've never read or heard anything and like to make things up. Your information without a source is useless.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've seen contradicting reports depending on where I look. Some say he's up this year, others say next year.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

AJ will offer igor a contract and if ignor decides to opt out than thats the only way i can see him leaving, i dont see how we can just not attemp to keep him.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
AJ will offer igor a contract and if ignor decides to opt out than thats the only way i can see him leaving, i dont see how we can just not attemp to keep him.
The problem come from giving a big deal to Castillo and looking to resign Merriman and Cromartie in the near future.

There are also guys like Chambers and Malcolm floyd to be looked at.

So there are going to have to be some casualties somewhere. AJ smith isn't afraid to let guys walk. In a down year, Olshansky is one of the easier choices he'll have to make.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The problem come from giving a big deal to Castillo and looking to resign Merriman and Cromartie in the near future.

There are also guys like Chambers and Malcolm floyd to be looked at.

So there are going to have to be some casualties somewhere. AJ smith isn't afraid to let guys walk. In a down year, Olshansky is one of the easier choices he'll have to make.
Igor wont get a big contract from us, AJ will offer him how much he thinks hes worth and if Igor thinks hes worth more he'll opt out. We will resign Merriman and Mcniel and offer the smaller contracts to Vjax and Igor. Only 2 big contracts i see are Merriman and Mcniel

Old 11-08-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Igor wont get a big contract from us, AJ will offer him how much he thinks hes worth and if Igor thinks hes worth more he'll opt out. We will resign Merriman and Mcniel and offer the smaller contracts to Vjax and Igor. Only 2 big contracts i see are Merriman and Mcniel
I've read and heard that he won't even receive an offer because the already know he is looking for above what they believe he is worth. Plenty of 3-4 teams would like to have this guy.

Coming to a team being coached by a guy under which he had his most successful seasons and playing for an owner who will pay him sounds like a pretty good option.

But keep the faith man, I'm sure you'll get him back.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go back to the 4-3... Where does that leave our OLB's in that lineup? Is Ware too small to play DE in a 4-3? Do Canty and Spears move inside?

I mean if we moved to a 4-3. We would have some SERIOUS depth along the D-Line but our LB's would be thin... Very thin.(just thinking about the depth we would have makes me think it's actually a possibility)
Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
If we go back to the 4-3... Where does that leave our OLB's in that lineup? Is Ware too small to play DE in a 4-3? Do Canty and Spears move inside?

I mean if we moved to a 4-3. We would have some SERIOUS depth along the D-Line but our LB's would be thin... Very thin.(just thinking about the depth we would have makes me think it's actually a possibility)
Ware isn't to small for a 43 DE IMO. He is a speed rusher and they average between a 255-265 on most 43s, and Spencer is built like a truck, so I believe he can go back to DE pretty easily. Ratliff, Canty and Spears would all move inside, leaving Burnett, Zach, Bobby, and Bradie at LB. LB depth is much easier to find then a stud NT, seeing there are only 2 or 3 in the league right now anyways. Basically everyone would move back to there natural positions.

But I'm making this sound much easier then it might be. This is all hypothetical.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-3 Ends can be any size really. To put things in perspective...Ware is the same size or a little bigger than John Abraham, Darren Howard, and Mathias Kiwanuka. I dont think we'll see a move to a 4-3, though. Ware is the perfect 3-4 OLB and Spencer has taken to the role nicely as well...those two should be the corner stones of our 3-4 for the next 8-10 years or so...as long as Spencer can stay healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:20 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think finding ideal players for the inside of the 3-4 is just too tough. We have still yet to find that big prick in the middle and we are using an average 4-3 LB and a 2000 year old fossil manning the inside positions. Burnett is a 4-3 backer(IMHO). The 3-4 was a Parcells choice right? If Wade leaves. Jerry could very well decide to change it back.

I want to know whether anyone thinks that's a bad move in terms of pressure on the QB?

I think we have the personnel(as it's much easier to find players for each position). But I wonder about whether we could maintain the pressure we get from the outside with Ware(and to a lesser extent whoever is on the other side.)

Yeah I'm mumbling.

Thank god we didn't look at DeAngelo Hall though. I only ever have images of him looking at T.O's heels whenever I see him. Hopefully he's gonna be the one manning up on T.O next Sunday.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to find NT....we could have made a push for Jenkins or Rogers....but we decided we didn't wanna "take those risks" Somewhere there is a big man looking to go to a winning team I'm sure. I'm not saying it's easy...but saying it can be done with some motivation changes.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Hard to find NT....we could have made a push for Jenkins or Rogers....but we decided we didn't wanna "take those risks" Somewhere there is a big man looking to go to a winning team I'm sure. I'm not saying it's easy...but saying it can be done with some motivation changes.
I'd like to continue the search as well. Once you get the core personnel for the 3-4 it can be successful for years. Steelers and Pats have shown this.

I feel like our OLB talent it pretty damn hard to come by, the secondary would be awesome if it had better support from the d-line. We really are just missing a few pieces. The disappointing thing is that it is the same pieces we've been missing for a couple years.

It's almost as if D-line is the last priority on this team for Jerry. Every other position, offense or defense, gets more attention than d-line.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Is the Alabama NT elegible for the draft this year?

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is the Alabama NT elegible for the draft this year?
Yes but I doubt Cody could be a disruptive force from the beginning. He is too soft to be a difference maker right away in the NFL. He would need some work...and he's only a jr. so it's no lock that he even declares.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we got the games we needed to happen, Washington losing to Pitt and Philly to the Giants, we come out and beat Washington were in the drivers seat for a wildcard spot.

Oh and anyone catch the end of the Vikings/Packers game? Folk>Crosby :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well we got the games we needed to happen, Washington losing to Pitt and Philly to the Giants, we come out and beat Washington were in the drivers seat for a wildcard spot.

Oh and anyone catch the end of the Vikings/Packers game? Folk>Crosby :D
Yeah, I lost 50 euros because of that kick

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-10-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Demarcus Granger as our NT if we can.

But what do you think about Jerry Peria as a NT if he were to add 5-10 pounds? he seems to have the frame to pack on more without losing a lot in his game. Thoughts?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote