Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Granger, a lot.

The more I look at this team, the more I think NT is the one position that could really push this defense to the top. I think there are plenty of very good pieces on this defense. I just think the more we all see this 3-4, the more we realize how important that NT position is.

I think we have to get Ratliff out to DE. He will create so much more havoc out there.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Get Gabe Watson, get Dom Capers, get 1 quality ILB. -- D Offseason

Get 1 Quality QB Back-up, get 2 young guys for OL. -- O Offseason

Change coaches. Fire GM. -- Team Mgmt Offseason

Last edited by johnstonolb : 11-10-2008 at 06:55 PM.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though Garrett has shown some chinks in the armor, I still think he will be a very good HC. I really like the idea of having Garrett as HC and bringing in Dom Capers to run the defense.

I agree our top priorities on defense this offseason are NT and ILB.

On offense, QB and OL some OL and then more OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I want Demarcus Granger as our NT if we can.

But what do you think about Jerry Peria as a NT if he were to add 5-10 pounds? he seems to have the frame to pack on more without losing a lot in his game. Thoughts?
I've never seen Peria play but his numbers from last season would indicate he's very disruptive in the backfield and seems to be very quick/athletic.

It looks like right now he only weighs as much as Ratliff though, So I would have to ask if he would solve the problem or just be another Rat.

Even with 10 pounds, does he seem like a monster NT to you that can consistently plug the middle? Or is he more of the same?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like Roy Miller as a later pick... UT has done a fine job of producing good NFL Defensive Tackles.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
I would like Roy Miller as a later pick... UT has done a fine job of producing good NFL Defensive Tackles.
That maybe, but does he really fit in our scheme? He's is listed at 6-2 300, which as Burns just said about Peria, is more of the same. I do like Miller though, he does a nice job of getting penetration, but I like him more in a 43 set.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granger just seems to me like he could be the next Vince Wilfork.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of the DT's mention spark anything for me. Granger will be off the board...and isn't as perfect of a fit for us to even think about moving up for...the other guys are JAGs...who probably wouldn't even outplay Tank on the field. We have to look for a guy who is already in the NFL that needs some motivation.

Rob threw out Gabe Watson...and while he fits the bill is he really going to dominate...hell he didn't even dominate his last year at michigan.

Haynesworth obv would be ideal if he isn't brought back....I would probably mail my heart to jerry if that happened.

Like I said earlier...Tubbs is an upcoming FA...and he can be a good plug/penetration player when motivated...I'd take him over anyone in this draft.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tubbs is a good mention. I would be hopeful if he were added.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Tubbs? He already is a FA...he's overweight and has no knees. Last I heard he was contemplating retirement.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
None of the DT's mention spark anything for me. Granger will be off the board...and isn't as perfect of a fit for us to even think about moving up for...the other guys are JAGs...who probably wouldn't even outplay Tank on the field. We have to look for a guy who is already in the NFL that needs some motivation.

Rob threw out Gabe Watson...and while he fits the bill is he really going to dominate...hell he didn't even dominate his last year at michigan.

Haynesworth obv would be ideal if he isn't brought back....I would probably mail my heart to jerry if that happened.

Like I said earlier...Tubbs is an upcoming FA...and he can be a good plug/penetration player when motivated...I'd take him over anyone in this draft.
Tubbs is a FA right now, and people aren't in any hurry to sign him. He was released earlier in the season due to his injuries, so I'm not sold he could offer anything to this team at all.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Tubbs is a FA right now, and people aren't in any hurry to sign him. He was released earlier in the season due to his injuries, so I'm not sold he could offer anything to this team at all.
Wow I wasn't aware of this...I know he went down to an injury in the past couple of years...but I didn't realize he was a street free agent... :S makes me wonder. Albert Haynesworth or bust in 2009

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way the Titans would let Haynesworth go...they have plenty of available cash. Their D-Line is one of the top units in the league and they want to keep them together for a long time.

Finding a nose tackle or 3-4 talent in general is not an easy thing to do at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, like some others have mentioned, am expecting some thought to be put into us running the 4-3, although you have to wonder where does that put Spencer? He's built for the 3-4, Ware I trust rushing the edge but I don't know about his role as a weakside backer in the 4-3.

All depends on who comes here, Capers is still the name I'm keeping my eye on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

I still believe Haynesworth is a complete cuntbag form that stomping incident. But I'm willing to put those feelings aside and welcome him here if the opportunity arises.

That shows you how strong my disposition is :P.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

How many big time FA has reese actually brought back to TN. I remember him letting Kearse go but that probably had more to do with the lack of cap room...I remember the same with Dyson/Rolle. Now future cap problems aren't in store for the Titans...but Reese just always seemed like a guy who felt he could replace allstars if the cost was too high. Only guy I really remember them bringing back was their DE.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont see it...he's a Tennessee guy. He was a Vol and now he's a Titan...he's also performing at a Defensive player of the year type level. A lot of these big 4-3 DTs are reluctant to come over to the 3-4 because, while they may still have an enormous effect on the game, their statistics would greatly diminish. There is really no reason for him to leave and no reason for the Titans to let him go. They've been scrutinized in the past for letting stars walk...they're not going to let their biggest star get away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Even if Haynesworth were to become available, they would trade him first and the Titans would find a better deal than something from us, I assume since we don't even have a first rounder.

I also wasn't aware of Tubby.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I still believe there are guys in the draft that could give us what we need at NT. Whether it's a traditional NT like Taylor or Raji or a converted DT like Granger, etc... I think we could get one in the draft.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He also wants Freeney money...Now, I've been wrong w/ our salary cap situation before but, there has to be no way you could afford that and Ware's upcoming enormous contract.

It seems as though if the league stays w/ the cap...we'll get in some serious trouble down the line...everyone's contract's are backloaded. The Colts and Steelers ran into similar problems a couple years ago which lead to the loss of pro bowl type players but, it seems as though it could hit us much worse. Looks like JJ is banking on their being no cap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I still believe there are guys in the draft that could give us what we need at NT. Whether it's a traditional NT like Taylor or Raji or a converted DT like Granger, etc... I think we could get one in the draft.
Evaluating 3-4 NT "prospects" is not an easy thing to do. It really is the hardest position to fill in a 3-4...finding capable Ends isnt the easiest thing either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Eventhough Portis says he's 50-50 for the game on Sunday, I'm not foolish enough to think he'll be out.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eventhough Portis says he's 50-50 for the game on Sunday, I'm not foolish enough to think he'll be out.

Lets just hope all of our guys are back.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I heard it doesnt look all that good for Felix this week...I dont think he practiced today either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Thule, Gabe Watson is a square piece in a round system. Cards have excellent 4-3 personnel and Watson is not a 4-3 DT b/c he lacks quickness. He is however a bull dozer and even at UoM he was misused. At the combines he was quite effective in bull rush situations and even had his way with Nick Mangold. But that is a long time agao in NFL terms.

But count me down for Gabe in FA and maybe another NT type like Raji or Ron Brace. Have not seen a BC game this year but I liked Brace better than Raji. He was bigger and better proportioned. Reminded me of Kris Jenkins. Is he even alive? I have heard nothign of him -- for all I know he is not even playing.

OT: Abram Elam doing quite nicely in NY I see.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote