Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would expect him to be out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis has a grade 2 MCL strain. He may be tough but no way he plays. These type of injuries take at least 3-4 weeks to heal from. Without CP the Skins have about 0 percent chance of beating you guys. Shaun Alexander is awful.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Portis has a grade 2 MCL strain. He may be tough but no way he plays. These type of injuries take at least 3-4 weeks to heal from. Without CP the Skins have about 0 percent chance of beating you guys. Shaun Alexander is awful.
I thought Betts would get the nod before Alexander. With no Portis, I like our chances more and more.

I'm still worried about the rust of our injured players making a return. Will Kosier be in the game? T-New?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just wondering. Did that single play just seal your entire opinion of his game?
No I actually like Jenkins, but I just don't think he is quite the hitter that poster was making him out to be.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I still wouldn't assume that it's a gimme and I hope the Cowboys dont either. The skin's have a pretty good track record of making Barber useless, Betts is not slouch if he can play, and the team has surprised me by losing to teams like the Rams and Cardinals so I wouldn't mark the W just yet.

I'd like to beat the skins with Portis. However, I think I'll take a win any way I can get it right now. Let's hope he doesn't play.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Betts would get the nod before Alexander. With no Portis, I like our chances more and more.

I'm still worried about the rust of our injured players making a return. Will Kosier be in the game? T-New?
Word is T-New is going to start, but looking back, has he EVER fared well in his first game back from injury? He either gets shredded the entire day or re-aggravates the initial injury...I'm praying that he was ready 3 weeks ago and we just waited until now, but to say the least it scares me to have him starting.

I know I want Felix, and Newman and those guys back, but I would much rather have them at the end of the season, and if they have a chance of making it worse(which Felix does judging from Jerry's comments) I say play it safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
No I actually like Jenkins, but I just don't think he is quite the hitter that poster was making him out to be.
Meh. Justify that.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Betts is out with an injury....it is going to be alexander guys.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Betts is out with an injury....it is going to be alexander guys.
Well... we used to shut him down in his prime. This ought a be niiiiice.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh. Justify that.

Do I need to find the clip of him letting the Giants RB basically walk into the endzone? Hitters make hits and he didn't even make an attempt. He shows alot of promise, but right now I just don't think being a good hitter is his cup of tea. I already said I liked him. I can't remember which game it was but it looked like he had been beaten deep when all of a sudden he closes on the ball and makes a ridiculous play to swat it away. That right there proved to me his potential.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Newman is back and starting...Kosier don't know..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
Do I need to find the clip of him letting the Giants RB basically walk into the endzone? Hitters make hits and he didn't even make an attempt. He shows alot of promise, but right now I just don't think being a good hitter is his cup of tea. I already said I liked him. I can't remember which game it was but it looked like he had been beaten deep when all of a sudden he closes on the ball and makes a ridiculous play to swat it away. That right there proved to me his potential.
So, it still seems like to me that it's just that one play that determined your entire opinion of him as a hitter. I would just say, try to give him a closer look before coming to the conclusion that he's not a good hitter. He showed great hitting in college so much so that some thought he could be a safety in the NFL.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Newman is back and starting...Kosier don't know..
Thanks for that! I hope he's healthy enough to contain that slippery Moss.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for that! I hope he's healthy enough to contain that slippery Moss.
Well, I just found a transcript of Wade PC and he said that also Kosier is back. I also found this intersting quote

"Roy Williams will work into the starter position. We need to get him in the game, he's too talented. He's comfortable enough, but we'll alternate the receivers. And use 3-wide, 4-wide or maybe 5-wide."

I'd love to see us going his way for then a few times. He has two catches I guess: one a jump ball for a TD and the other one was a circus catch with one hand.
If Felix is out we need big plays, and Roy is a good target for big plays.

On a side note, Barbie Carpenter is questionable.

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Kosier is supposed to start as well.

I read that Tiki Barber said the hamstring injury to Felix is concerning because he had hamstring injuries in college. Does anyone know if this is true? It seriously pissed me off because all I could think about is Donte Stallworth with his constant hammy injuries.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Kosier is supposed to start as well.

I read that Tiki Barber said the hamstring injury to Felix is concerning because he had hamstring injuries in college. Does anyone know if this is true? It seriously pissed me off because all I could think about is Donte Stallworth with his constant hammy injuries.
Damn man, you're so negative ahah :P

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on your win this coming Sunday.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

This says everything that needs to be said about "Leadership" on this team and specifically Wade, Stewart, Bradie and throw in Ellis too.

Difference between Cowboys and Giants Ds, by Clinton Portis
6:06 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Redskins RB Clinton Portis made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 show today, saying he couldn't play tomorrow if this game were the Super Bowl but was 50-50 for Sunday. He also provided an expert comparison of the Cowboys and Giants defenses.

"The Giants really don't really hurt themselves. They don't have too many mental lapses or missed assignments. They play assignment football. ...

"As far as Dallas, when you see Dallas and they're not in sync, it's a blown coverage or a blown assignment somewhere. It's obvious because you'll see the guys arguing or looking back at each other as if they didn't know it."

Portis' evaluation of the Cowboys echoes Brandon Jacobs' take from a couple Sundays ago. Jacobs mentioned that he heard a lot of bickering amongst Cowboys.

Sounds like Wade Phillips needs to do a whole lot of fixin' that won't be solved by Tony Romo's return.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Seriously though, does anyone know if Felix has had prior hamstring problems?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
No, and I have never heard this one either.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonolb View Post
This says everything that needs to be said about "Leadership" on this team and specifically Wade, Stewart, Bradie and throw in Ellis too.

Difference between Cowboys and Giants Ds, by Clinton Portis
6:06 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Redskins RB Clinton Portis made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 show today, saying he couldn't play tomorrow if this game were the Super Bowl but was 50-50 for Sunday. He also provided an expert comparison of the Cowboys and Giants defenses.

"The Giants really don't really hurt themselves. They don't have too many mental lapses or missed assignments. They play assignment football. ...

"As far as Dallas, when you see Dallas and they're not in sync, it's a blown coverage or a blown assignment somewhere. It's obvious because you'll see the guys arguing or looking back at each other as if they didn't know it."

Portis' evaluation of the Cowboys echoes Brandon Jacobs' take from a couple Sundays ago. Jacobs mentioned that he heard a lot of bickering amongst Cowboys.

Sounds like Wade Phillips needs to do a whole lot of fixin' that won't be solved by Tony Romo's return.
The reason is because we have no leadership at the ILB position. I thought Zach would bring that but even he has said... over and over... he doesn't want to be a disruption. He doesn't want to act like a leader on this D being the new guy in town. ...not wanting to step on other's toes... Well crapola. We need him to!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It never caused him to miss a game prior to this injury. I think Tiki has no idea what he's talking about
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what Garrett ought to do is come out in a 2-minute offense and try to get Tony in a rhythm quickly.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think what Garrett ought to do is come out in a 2-minute offense and try to get Tony in a rhythm quickly.
That is actually not a bad idea. Convinced. I agree. Come out gunning and get the Skins out of their comfort zone.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never heard of hammy problems for Felix, but no need in rushing him this week, let him heal up properly..It's funny for everyone who wants to annoint new starters at the RB position fails to realize Barber's health has never been an issue since drafted and we can actually count on him, partime back or full time back.

I wouldn't mind a 2 minute offense, last year we always came out slow, but it would be nice to see if get the passing game going, give Romo some quick throws to keep him on his feet and upright, into a groove, then follow up with the running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote