Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a little prediction here.

Montrae Holland will eliminate the need to draft an OG in the 2009 NFL Draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I hope....
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I hope....
I felt the same way about Tank Johnson being our future NT solution, so there's food for thought. haha.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least he has a better "anchor" than Procter.

Really, about all we need from that position is to not get bull rushed into Romo's lap everytime he drops back. That was happening on a regular basis with Procter.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Well, at least he has a better "anchor" than Procter.

Really, about all we need from that position is to not get bull rushed into Romo's lap everytime he drops back. That was happening on a regular basis with Procter.
Let's not kid ourselves either... The same thing was happening WITH Kosier too.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I'm not expecting Holland to be good, but as long as he isn't below average, that would be an upgrade to Proctor.

We aren't getting the best out of Marion. The pass protection will always be ok because of Tony and what he can do, but we need to be opening up more holes for the Barbarian.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not expecting Holland to be good, but as long as he isn't below average, that would be an upgrade to Proctor.

We aren't getting the best out of Marion. The pass protection will always be ok because of Tony and what he can do, but we need to be opening up more holes for the Barbarian.
Well, I'm hoping that he'll be able to be good enough that he'll own the position. I don't think he'll be a pro bowler or any kind of stud like that, but if he can give us consistency and keep the penalties down to a minimum (unlike penalty prone Kosier), then that's a great fit, imo. I don't want us to think we can afford to have an all star at every position in order to be satisfied. Holland could be a key player for us even if he's not the next Larry Allen.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Jerry practically begged Parcells to stay. The last thing he did was fire him, so get the facts right.
OK, Parcells said no to TO and wanted total control of the roster. Jones said TO stays and no.

So, he did not "fire" Parcells but essentially did what he knew was needed to get BP out.

So ..... Parcells said he was tired and took another job 9 months later then stole his gusy from Valley Ranch.

Label it what you will the results are the same.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:

Be nice if we ran outside occasionally like in the DC game. Also the Witten and Bennett thing in the backfield is impressive -- a little more of that too.

This past week everything was between the tackles with Deon in the lead. Not very effective..
Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

Quote:

Maybe. Unlikely.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

Quote:
I felt the same way about Tank Johnson being our future NT solution, so there's food for thought. haha.
Still say Spears is the right guy internally. He is a plugger and that is all he can be. Time for a Come to Jesus with Marcus.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonolb View Post
OK, Parcells said no to TO and wanted total control of the roster. Jones said TO stays and no.

So, he did not "fire" Parcells but essentially did what he knew was needed to get BP out.

So ..... Parcells said he was tired and took another job 9 months later then stole his gusy from Valley Ranch.

Label it what you will the results are the same.
Oh I didn't know Parcells was back into coaching. No wait... He's not.

In Parcells' last season with us, it was painfully obvious to see that he had lost the energy for coaching. His schemes were also not working. Remember the "vanila" defense complaints? Parcells left to do what he wanted to do... control personnel decisions. Something he still felt he was good at. Did he leave us for another HC job? Your assumption holds no water. Parcells was done with coaching. DONE.

He didn't steal anyone. Sparano interviewed for Dallas' HC job and didn't get it. Once again, your facts are skewed.

I hated Ferg. Parcells ended up with some spare leftover parts. I say good riddance Fasano and HELLOOOO Bennett!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Be nice if we ran outside occasionally like in the DC game. Also the Witten and Bennett thing in the backfield is impressive -- a little more of that too.

This past week everything was between the tackles with Deon in the lead. Not very effective..
I don't know if you know that... In the NFL, you don't use the same game plan for all 16 games.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Still say Spears is the right guy internally. He is a plugger and that is all he can be. Time for a Come to Jesus with Marcus.
Spears is a good for nothing waste of a roster spot. He's not even a plugger. He doesn't hold the point of attack. He's never gonna draw a double team. He's nothing.

Jay Ratliff is going to be our NT for the long term foreseable future, imo.

That said, I do see us pursuing another if not 2 more DEs. One of them will be Igor Olshansky.

Our philosophy may shadow that of the Giants Ace Formation, except with three DL instead of 4.

Olshansky - Ratliff - Canty

I just don't see Ratliff losing his spot at NT before Spears loses his spot at DE. I don't see Spears being extended at all.

3 attacking DEs along our DL. That's our future. Not the traditional gap clogging NT that we keep clamoring for.

Watch out for this. Remember where you heard it first.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I also liked the 2 TE in the backfield.. not sure why we didn't see it when we seemed to be struggling to run.

Maybe there wasn't much of a need to establish the run when they were giving us so much through the air? Garrett is obsessed with passing? who knows.

I hope to see it used against pittsburgh though. It's going to be a real gritty game. If anyone remembers last years Pitt vs. Miami game -- well, we're looking at that same situation this year. 4 games are going to be played on the field the day before we play and there will be 4 layers of sod to make up for it.

We're going to need a healthy dose a MBIII to succeed.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I also liked the 2 TE in the backfield.. not sure why we didn't see it when we seemed to be struggling to run.

Maybe there wasn't much of a need to establish the run when they were giving us so much through the air? Garrett is obsessed with passing? who knows.

I hope to see it used against pittsburgh though. It's going to be a real gritty game. If anyone remembers last years Pitt vs. Miami game -- well, we're looking at that same situation this year. 4 games are going to be played on the field the day before we play and there will be 4 layers of sod to make up for it.

We're going to need a healthy dose a MBIII to succeed.
I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking about the future I think we need to resign Burnett and go after an ILB in round 2 or 3. If you look at San Diego under Wade Phillips they always had a run thumper in the middle next to Donnie Edwards. Bradie James will be fine if we add another LB with great range in the lineup.
And I'm totally in favor of going after Olshansky.

Anyway, even if i've never eaten a turkey in my life happy Thanksgiving to everyone :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.
I'd love to pass against them, I just don't think the conditions are going to permit it. I'm with you on that, but heavy snow or rain and a crap field might force us to run.

It supposed to be cold, and possibly/probably snowing. The field could potentially be in the same condition that it was in against Miami last year. Like I said above, they are allowing 4 HS games to be played the day before and plan on compensating by throwing a bunch of sod on the field.

Personally I think it's ********. Pitt shouldn't be allowed to have some ****** field that works to their team strengths. They should be forced to use field turf. That game against Miami last year was a joke.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Speaking about the future I think we need to resign Burnett and go after an ILB in round 2 or 3. If you look at San Diego under Wade Phillips they always had a run thumper in the middle next to Donnie Edwards. Bradie James will be fine if we add another LB with great range in the lineup.
And I'm totally in favor of going after Olshansky.

Anyway, even if i've never eaten a turkey in my life happy Thanksgiving to everyone :)
I like the way we've been using Bradie lately by putting him on the line in the 3-3 or 4-6 look. He's still a turd but at least dough boy has found a decent way to use him and improve our pressure.

I love KB so I'm with you on that. I'm a KB homer though. I realize he is a walking injury. I just hope we can't keep him for a reasonable price.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burnett is a goner. He might be a good footballer but that man is THE personification of INJURY PRONE~!

Oh and someone asked about our rejects who are doing well elsewhere. Isn't one of em playing MLB for the Saints at the moment? That's not super successful but he is starting elsewhere.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Burnett is a goner. He might be a good footballer but that man is THE personification of INJURY PRONE~!

Oh and someone asked about our rejects who are doing well elsewhere. Isn't one of em playing MLB for the Saints at the moment? That's not super successful but he is starting elsewhere.
IIRC Saints fans hate Shanle...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post

I was the one who asked if there was someone we let go who is making us kick ourselves over and over for letting him go.

No Shanle doesn't make me cry over letting him go. I don't think anyone misses him.

My point was, Jerry doesn't let guys who are important to us go. As tight as we get against the cap, he always figures out a way to keep our treasures.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS.

First there are about 7 minutes left in our game and we have YET to have a penalty against us, how often has that happened? On a short week that makes me happy no matter who we play, hopefully we continue to put them away and can rest some guys like Witten for Pitt.

Our offense is really clicking now guys, we haven't really committed to the run today but Romo has had forever to throw so I can see why not, this game we look like last years team, starting off with the pass and opening up the run...I expect a heavy dose of Barber in the 2nd half.

Let's keep this up and work on that gameplan @Pitt because it's a game we really need to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradie Jamezzzz and Demarcus Warezzzz. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing like a stomach full of turkey and Dallas handing their opponent. I can't wait for this next game @ Pitt. I have a lady friend that would never let me forget that her Steelers beat my Cowboys. Our O-line have a hell of a 2 weeks ahead of them, Holland seemed to hold up well. I couldn't be more excited the way we played. When I saw Barber on the sideline limping my heart started beatin'. Now Ware is down as I type this, hopefully we can get to Roethlisberger as well as we did Hasselbeck today...

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote