Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those complaining about Bradie this season and how Zach had so many more tackles than him...Bradie's 13 now makes him the leading tackler at 81. Also two more sacks gives him 5 sacks for the year. He's on pace for a career high in tackles and the 5 sacks is already a career high. Yup coverage isnt great but, Bradie has been playing solid football for weeks now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-27-2008 at 09:09 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Ware with 15 sacks. Let's hope he's ok.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks fine...he was jumping around on the sidelines w/ Ellis. Had a big smile on his face and seemed unfazed during his interview.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It probably wont stay that way but, right now...we're 1st in the league in sacks now. niiice. We should still be atleast top 4 after this week concludes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Santa,
I've been a really good boy this year.

Can we have this version of Bradie James every week? Please? Not just once a year.

I also want to ask you to tell Jason Garrett that passing that many times and ignoring the run will eventually catch up to us.

Please give D-Ware and Barber their health back.

Thank you,
Tiny Tim
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, things look good for Ware...he said he is 100% playing and feels fine. Marion on the other hand, has a dislocated toe which has been labled as "not serious" but, could prove to be troublesome. Shaun Alexander a Cowboy? It just might happen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Martellus Bennett :) I think Romo wants to get Roy involved more but Bennett just provides mis-matches almost every time he runs a route, 1 on 1 with a LB? pshhh yea right, Romo has found out very quick that very same thing.

He's becoming that red zone threat that he was said he could be when we drafted him, and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bennett is a TD machine and one helluva dancer if i do say so myself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-28-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Well, things look good for Ware...he said he is 100% playing and feels fine. Marion on the other hand, has a dislocated toe which has been labled as "not serious" but, could prove to be troublesome. Shaun Alexander a Cowboy? It just might happen.
He already get released by the Skins...
Old 11-28-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
He already get released by the Skins...
Yup, a couple of days ago.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Alexander at all. Get some other scrub.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont want him either but really, it's not going to matter all that much who it is. If anyone, that is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway I like what I saw from Choice, he played a good game and he could be a good change of pace back for us.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Ray Lewis' brother still on the practice squad? May be time to bring him up to the main roster?
Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Nice Turkey Day, we did what we needed to do and where fairly organized. A few observations ...

1) I like how Wade gets more aggressive with blitzes et al in the red zone. Meatball is not a bad D Coordinator.

2) We are playing much more press coverage, particularly on short yardage downs. A good thing which once we get Pacman back will make us more effective.

3) Montrae Holland looked OK, saw him get to the second level on a few plays .... which has been the biggest issue with our Guards and Centers in run blocking.... slow getting to the LBs who then get penetration. I hope he sticks and too everyone's point he fits Houck's ideas. He still looks like jelly but as long as he is a better fit for our scheme it beats using a 1st on a Guard.

4) Romo looked much better with the throws. They were sharper. I hope he can keep a good grip in the bad weather.

5) We really need to get better timing down in the passing game with the 3 step drop. When teams blitz us we really have trouble unless Romo does acrobatics and buys time -- not exactly methodical.

6) We spread the ball out in the passing game -- also very good. Passing game looked much better than last week. It would be to see Deon Anderson get a few too, while not a fan of his blocking, I thought he was pretty good in catch and run situations.

7) Special Teams are much better lately. Looks like Polk and Williams are valuable additions to help out Davis, et al.

8) Hatcher played really well. He is much better than Spears at the DE spot. Marcus, NT, please.

9) I can't stand the D preening every time they make a play. Reminds me of Lombardi's old saying .... act like you done it before.

Anyway, Seahawks suck but we did what we needed to do. The Season starts in December for us. I want 4-0.
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I don't want Alexander at all. Get some other scrub.
He absolutely sucks. He dogged it since his big contract in '06.

Lattimore, at least, gives you hustle and some speed.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.
I agree. Of course, it really depends on what the weather is going to look like. I think we really have a good chance to beat Pitt. I've thought Pitt has been overrated all year long. Their defense is very good, but I think their OL is in the lower half of the league, and they're banged up. They have been very porous with their pass blocking. I think Ware gets after Big Ben and I think we take advantage of matchup problems with our TEs vs Pitt's LBers.

I really like the way the Cowboys match up against Pitt.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I do like our chances against Pitt. I think we could really shock everyone by beating them. Right now, nobody is giving us a chance. Everyone is locking this up as a loss for us. But winning this game is big time for us. It could make our grip on that WC spot all the more tighter. It'd give us 9 wins! Even with 9 wins we have a fighting shot. But if we get that, we'd only need 1 more to get in for sure, imo. We need this bad. We have a few extra days to prepare for it and allow our guys to get healthy again thanks to the short week, this week. The team's confidence is real high and things are clicking better now than they have all year.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I saw out of Holland. He's a HUGE son of gun! His arms are huge! Not fat. He's gonna fit in perfectly into what we do in the future. I kept an eye on him all game. ZERO penalties. ZERO sacks allowed. He moved well going forward, but he still looks like he needs to shed some more weight as his lateral mobility is not that great. He needs to be more nimble. Barber's TD was all Holland. *Scartching OG off the first day draft list*

Martellus Bennett... What an absolute stud! Jerry hit the jackpot there... or should I say... the scout team hit the jackpot there. Remember Jerry saying he wished he had traded up for a WR, but was convinced by the rest of the war room guys that they didn't need to? Bennett has been better for us than Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson, Dexter Jackson have been for their teams. ...and they all were drafted ahead of Bennett.

Rob, do you still miss Fasano?

Witten looked alive again. Glad to see him playing healthy.

It was cool to see Roy's number called on that reverse play which he got a first down on.

Tra Battle looked pretty good on special teams coverage.

I have come to really love that Orlando Scandrick's play and hustle. He plays like a veteran! Seems so polished. He was supposed to be raw. He just wows me.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed with Holland, too. It begs the question, Why the hell did it take this long?!

The main thing I noticed on several pass plays is that he never got pushed backwards. He was always pushing his man to the side. He may even work out better than Kosier in the long run because of how stout he is. He looks like a fire hydrant.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-28-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I was impressed with Holland, too. It begs the question, Why the hell did it take this long?!

The main thing I noticed on several pass plays is that he never got pushed backwards. He was always pushing his man to the side. He may even work out better than Kosier in the long run because of how stout he is. He looks like a fire hydrant.
Haha fire hydrant! Yep... That's him!

He's taken this long because he was out of shape and still needed to learn the system. Denver's zone blocking system is completely different than ours is.

So far so good. I hope he continues to shed more weight to improve his agility.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Martellus Bennett... What an absolute stud! Jerry hit the jackpot there... or should I say... the scout team hit the jackpot there. Remember Jerry saying he wished he had traded up for a WR, but was convinced by the rest of the war room guys that they didn't need to? Bennett has been better for us than Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson, Dexter Jackson have been for their teams. ...and they all were drafted ahead of Bennett.
That's a great point, and to think we "settled" for him, he has a great personality, and he's the last person the defense is worried about stopping.

Getting Holland for a 5th is already looking like a steal, say what you want about Jerry but judging from our rookie class and the Holland trade somebody is doing their job at evaluating talent.

Our offense is finally looking like the one of last year except more playmakers, going into Pittsburgh and the #1 defense will be exciting to see how good we are really playing...Are they still doing flex scheduling? Because I could see them making that a night game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Is Ray Lewis' brother still on the practice squad? May be time to bring him up to the main roster?
Lattimore was never on the practice squad...he got cut from the team and we kept Alonzo Coleman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's a great point, and to think we "settled" for him, he has a great personality, and he's the last person the defense is worried about stopping.

Getting Holland for a 5th is already looking like a steal, say what you want about Jerry but judging from our rookie class and the Holland trade somebody is doing their job at evaluating talent.

Our offense is finally looking like the one of last year except more playmakers, going into Pittsburgh and the #1 defense will be exciting to see how good we are really playing...Are they still doing flex scheduling? Because I could see them making that a night game.

Pittsburgh has a very tough game this weekend too. Lets hope NE roughs them up abit.:)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Jerry sounded excited about Coleman this morning on the Ticket. He said he is their fastest RB. Not sure if he's including Felix (i.e., fastest healthy back). It's looking like if they do need him, it would only be for one week. However, I think Barber goes on the 7th.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-28-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

Um, D-Unit, this may be too much for you to understand but Miami got the better end of the Fasano/Ayodele deal. Nevertheless, I never liked the Fasano drafting or the Carp drafting either if that matters at all.

On the folks crowning Holland, better than Proctor, but he also missed quite a few assignments in the running game b/c he is still too large and over weight. Nevertheless, he fits Houck's scheme much better than Proctor. Why not give Montrae a few weeks v some better teams before spilling the seed on the Kleenex. He was tossed out for a 5th but anyway.

As I said last week, the train is leaving the station in Dallas .... and this website. If we beat Pittsburgh (I predict we will if the weather holds up), the hysteria will be deafening in Dallas.

On our next game, frankly Pitts D Back don't play press coverage well enuff to stop our passing game as long as Romo is sharp. We won't run on them anyway and Romo will be running for his life on a few plays. Key is Romo being sharp in the intermediate passing game to the non-TO receivers IMHO. If we can do that, their SS will over commit to those short routes and some deep patterns will be open if we catch them in zone or TO gets past the CB if they try pressing.

On our D, their O line is very mediocre and I can see another 6-8 sack game. Plus their RB s are nothing to fear and Roethlisburg is mistake prone. Meatball should roll up on the Eagles game film to see how to stop them cold.

My only concern is if we don't get to Roethlisburg he can kill us deep with WR 85 and Santonio Holmes. Hines will get his catches regardless but not back breaker type stuff.

Last edited by johnstonolb : 11-28-2008 at 06:38 PM.