Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and the one that Kiwi got was not a sack, and even if it was you can't blame Colombo for it, Romo scrambled right into the defender after he was blocked for the entire play
How is the Kiwi one not a sack? It might not have been Colombo's fault but it was a sack.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can Scott hate this guy?

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

So guys, i figured the numbers and henry is better than alot of us thought. He and Newman are actually a great tandem. So far this season Henry is being targeted 6.25 times per game (75 on the season) and only gives up 6.5 yards per attempt. Newman is only being targeted 3.67 times per game, (44 on the season) but is giving up 7.8 yards per completion.

Both of those are very good considering Newman has maybe given up one touchdown since '04 (i never heard the final verdict from the colts game) and Henry hasnt given up all that many.

I wish i had ESPN insider so i could see the figures for gamble and hall because they apparently are extremely overrated (which we already knew) and ESPN has the figures to prove it.

If anyone wants to keep track of the amount of passes thrown at each corner over the next few games we should be able to have accurate figures at the end of the season, but its hard to tell who the ball if being thrown at sometimes and im not sure what exactly counts as being "targeted".
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Scott is at it again. I don't know what he's got against Colombo, but he ain't letting it go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
I get a lot of questions and comments via e-mail and the message boards but one thing that constantly amazes me is the high opinion that Dallas Cowboy fans have of offensive tackle Marc Colombo. A former first round pick of the Chicago Bears who was derailed by injuries early in his career, Colombo was essentially picked up off the street by Dallas and somehow ended up starting at right tackle for them, based more on a lack of other options than his talent. There is no doubt that Colombo has played above expectations this season but that really isn't saying much because it was a bit of a surprise that he even made an NFL roster. Still, any team that has Marc Colombo starting for them is in serious trouble and the fact that Cowboy fans say he has been their best offensive lineman at times speaks volumes about the state of that group. In fact, I have had more than one pro scout tell me that they are shocked Colombo is even in the league let alone starting. That might be a little extreme but the bottom line is that he isn't nearly as good as the countless legions of Dallas fanatics would try and lead you to believe.

Even if you do accept the premise that Colombo is a capable starter in the league, which I do not, offensive tackle is still a major concern for the Cowboys because Flozell Adams is merely a shell of his former self. One way or another the team is going to have to make upgrades to the o-line next offseason but don't let the Dallas die-hards sell you on Colombo being a stud and the long-term answer at right tackle because that just simply is not and won't ever be the case.

I hate to say it, but I think he made up the part I bolded. That's just a ridiculous statement. The bottom line is this: Colombo has given up a very limited amount of sacks this season. I think the total is now at 3 or 4 (and the one that Kiwi got was not a sack, and even if it was you can't blame Colombo for it, Romo scrambled right into the defender after he was blocked for the entire play).

The best answer to all his criticism will come in the off-season. When Colombo is handed a nice, big contract in the 2-4mil per year range, than we will see what Scott has to say. You don't face guys like Strahan, Peppers, Mathis, and Darren Howard and hold your own unless you are a pretty solid player. It just doesn't happen. I wonder what he has up his a$$ on this one.
Goes to show you what some "pro scouts" know. The guy's playing well. Period. End of story. Whether or not we address the line later based upon other factors is one thing, but to cast doubt on what your eyes plainly see, unless you've got some other agenda is wrong.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
So guys, i figured the numbers and henry is better than alot of us thought. He and Newman are actually a great tandem. So far this season Henry is being targeted 6.25 times per game (75 on the season) and only gives up 6.5 yards per attempt. Newman is only being targeted 3.67 times per game, (44 on the season) but is giving up 7.8 yards per completion.

Both of those are very good considering Newman has maybe given up one touchdown since '04 (i never heard the final verdict from the colts game) and Henry hasnt given up all that many.

I wish i had ESPN insider so i could see the figures for gamble and hall because they apparently are extremely overrated (which we already knew) and ESPN has the figures to prove it.

If anyone wants to keep track of the amount of passes thrown at each corner over the next few games we should be able to have accurate figures at the end of the season, but its hard to tell who the ball if being thrown at sometimes and im not sure what exactly counts as being "targeted".
I have an insider and can't find anything on stats as far as thrown at and avg yardage per catch. But I have read the Newman vs. Henry stats on a couple of sites.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

the newest kc joyner article, when he writes about henry as being underrated he gives the yards per completion and the number of times they have been thrown at this year (i just divided by 12 to get per game numbers) and i know the article goes into talking about gamble and hall but i cant view that part.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
How can Scott hate this guy?

I know I don't.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

The Panthers are blowing another game.

Albert Camus
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the newest kc joyner article, when he writes about henry as being underrated he gives the yards per completion and the number of times they have been thrown at this year (i just divided by 12 to get per game numbers) and i know the article goes into talking about gamble and hall but i cant view that part.
I have insider...and it does not talk about Gamble or Hall. I cannot find anything from this. Just a link to view some of his book. This article is also pretty old. About a month now.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2006, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
I have insider...and it does not talk about Gamble or Hall. I cannot find anything from this. Just a link to view some of his book. This article is also pretty old. About a month now.
Its not the article from nov. 6th about the secondary hindering us... im having trouble getting back to it now, but ill post a link as soon as i get to it. its got figures and mentions gamble and hall.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

alright dude, see if you can find it here....
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...26id%3d2679672

headline reads "Hall, Gamble don't deserve hype" so im assuming it breaks them down
Old 12-05-2006, 12:54 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
alright dude, see if you can find it here....
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...26id%3d2679672

headline reads "Hall, Gamble don't deserve hype" so im assuming it breaks them down
Hall is giving up 10.8 yard per attempt. He has also given up a 40+ yard pass in 4 of his last 8 games.

Gamble is at 11 yards per attempt.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My Two Round Big Board

Round One
1- Justin Blalock (won't likely be available...but OG don't go real early)
2- Tank Tyler (Should be available later...has been great all year)
3- Reggie Nelson (Probabally the best ball skills of all the safety)
4- McCauley/Hughes (one will be gone by the time we pick)
5- Michael Johnson (this guy is fast could jump to round one post combine)

Round Two
1- Ryan Kalil (showed in the bowl game he can produce)
2- Tony Ugoh (he could play LT or RT...very balanced blocker)
3- Tom Zbikowski (Couldn't be worse then Davis...contribute right away)
4- Johnnie Lee Higgins (been UTEP's only weapon all year and been dominant)
5- Steve Smith (Smart, polished, nfl ready, quick...I like that combo)

Random Draft Thoughts
Parcells just seems to be touting JJ's horn week in week out saying he is happy with the 31/29 split. I think if we have a team interested in JJ and Bush is sitting there we trade him. His contract comes up next year I believe...and he will be looking for good money. Personally I love Bush....if he works out good I would love to take a ticket on him.

My new later round qb is none other then Kevin Kolb. A local prospect should allow us for good scouting. Not only that but the kid has showed up every game this year. Every Game. He has been solid his whole career...but hit a bit of a slump last year. This year he has been golden. Kept his team in every game...they lost 3 games and the biggest margin was 4. They lost to Miami by 3. Kolb is the main reason for that. He alway had a good int/td ratio. He threw 3 INT's all year and in those games they won by 42,17,20 points. He played efficient when he needed too. My only worry is...will he last till the 4th round or later...I don't know if we'll have a shot at him on the 2nd day.

The OG isn't that great this year but it is rather deep. Guys like Grubbs and Beekman look like solid 2nd round guys. But guys like Sears/Young/Kalil are all guys who could play OG in the NFL. Not to mention if a guy like Arnold comes out from LSU...we all know how parcells likes them SEC players. It could get interesting to see how early we address this.

You'll notice a couple of new names on my lists. Part of this is due to the fact that we are out of the range for guys like Ginn/Long/Baker Another fact is I got to watch alot of solid prospects in their bowl games.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My Two Round Big Board

Round One
1- Justin Blalock (won't likely be available...but OG don't go real early)
2- Tank Tyler (Should be available later...has been great all year)
3- Reggie Nelson (Probabally the best ball skills of all the safety)
4- McCauley/Hughes (one will be gone by the time we pick)
5- Michael Johnson (this guy is fast could jump to round one post combine)

Round Two
1- Ryan Kalil (showed in the bowl game he can produce)
2- Tony Ugoh (he could play LT or RT...very balanced blocker)
3- Tom Zbikowski (Couldn't be worse then Davis...contribute right away)
4- Johnnie Lee Higgins (been UTEP's only weapon all year and been dominant)
5- Steve Smith (Smart, polished, nfl ready, quick...I like that combo)

Random Draft Thoughts
Parcells just seems to be touting JJ's horn week in week out saying he is happy with the 31/29 split. I think if we have a team interested in JJ and Bush is sitting there we trade him. His contract comes up next year I believe...and he will be looking for good money. Personally I love Bush....if he works out good I would love to take a ticket on him.

My new later round qb is none other then Kevin Kolb. A local prospect should allow us for good scouting. Not only that but the kid has showed up every game this year. Every Game. He has been solid his whole career...but hit a bit of a slump last year. This year he has been golden. Kept his team in every game...they lost 3 games and the biggest margin was 4. They lost to Miami by 3. Kolb is the main reason for that. He alway had a good int/td ratio. He threw 3 INT's all year and in those games they won by 42,17,20 points. He played efficient when he needed too. My only worry is...will he last till the 4th round or later...I don't know if we'll have a shot at him on the 2nd day.

The OG isn't that great this year but it is rather deep. Guys like Grubbs and Beekman look like solid 2nd round guys. But guys like Sears/Young/Kalil are all guys who could play OG in the NFL. Not to mention if a guy like Arnold comes out from LSU...we all know how parcells likes them SEC players. It could get interesting to see how early we address this.

You'll notice a couple of new names on my lists. Part of this is due to the fact that we are out of the range for guys like Ginn/Long/Baker Another fact is I got to watch alot of solid prospects in their bowl games.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like every year Bill picks an LSU player.. Who do you think he will draft this year? I think that he will go for Landry in the first or Bowe in the second...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
It looks like every year Bill picks an LSU player.. Who do you think he will draft this year? I think that he will go for Landry in the first or Bowe in the second...
We would have to trade up to acquire either player. Bowe is probabally a mid to early 2nd rounder depending on workouts...and Landry is a top 15 pick. I really don't see either of those players.

I really like Will Arnold. I haven't heard a peep about if he is thinking of coming out early. But this kid has great size and is a pretty smart player. I could see us snag him off the board in the second round. Just look at him...looks like a Parcells OLmen.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Scott should read this article or at least the part concerning Columbo. It says he has only given up one sack to this point in the season and has not been called for holding once. I'm sure nothing will change his mind anyway, but it's a good read.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.250857d.html
Old 12-05-2006, 11:16 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Scott should read this article or at least the part concerning Columbo. It says he has only given up one sack to this point in the season and has only been called for holding once. I'm sure nothing will change his mind anyway, but it's a good read.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.250857d.html
He did have that crappy block on the field goal that was blocked -vs- Washington, but I feel he's done an admirable job this year.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on guys, let's show some more respect for the owner of the site.

How does everyone here feel about MBIII vs JJ? I personally feel that MBIII fits your system better.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Come on guys, let's show some more respect for the owner of the site.

How does everyone here feel about MBIII vs JJ? I personally feel that MBIII fits your system better.
I think MBIII is obviously the hot one right now, but we need both of them in there. JJ gives you that home run threat that MBIII lacks. And MBIII gives you that explosiveness and tough running that JJ lacks.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a big fan of homerun threats personally. MBIII runs for average, thats what you want. He puts you in 3rd and short situations, he keeps drives alive and takes time off the clock, and can be trusted in the goalline. With a power runner like him, he may not provide instant homerun ability like Jones, but after pounding a defense for 3 quarters, he'll break one in the 4th. I think your offense runs with much more efficiency with MBIII. If its a contract year for JJ, id let him go, he's not worth reinvesting into. You can find his replacement in the later rounds this year.

Ive always felt that unless you have a premiere RB, theres no point in resigning the one you got. Theres so many talented RBs in the draft each year, youre better off getting fresh legs.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
and the one that Kiwi got was not a sack, and even if it was you can't blame Colombo for it, Romo scrambled right into the defender after he was blocked for the entire play
How is the Kiwi one not a sack? It might not have been Colombo's fault but it was a sack.
I wrote a huge response to BBD's game breakdown yesterday, but when I submitted it to the site it got wiped out. I'm going to rehash it sometime this week, but you know how depressing it is when you spend a lot of time and effort on a post and it gets erased.

But anyhow, I wrote in detail about that "sack", and I find it funny that no one has brought this up, but it was a textbook case of the "tuck rule" that has become so infamous. Romo was moving forward, pumped the ball once, and never brought it back to his body, he took a step or two and was hit and the ball came out. According to the rule, which has been discussed ad-naseum on NFL Network, ESPN, and FSN, it should have been ruled as an incomplete pass. I am shocked that no one has picked up on this. I was freaking out watching the game as it happened. Just a blatant oversight.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Quote:
I wrote a huge response to BBD's game breakdown yesterday, but when I submitted it to the site it got wiped out. I'm going to rehash it sometime this week, but you know how depressing it is when you spend a lot of time and effort on a post and it gets erased.

But anyhow, I wrote in detail about that "sack", and I find it funny that no one has brought this up, but it was a textbook case of the "tuck rule" that has become so infamous. Romo was moving forward, pumped the ball once, and never brought it back to his body, he took a step or two and was hit and the ball came out. According to the rule, which has been discussed ad-naseum on NFL Network, ESPN, and FSN, it should have been ruled as an incomplete pass. I am shocked that no one has picked up on this. I was freaking out watching the game as it happened. Just a blatant oversight.
Oh I disagree. He definately brought that ball back down to his body. The ball was below his shoulder after the pump when Kiwi hit it. How else could Kiwi hit it directly with a lowered helmet?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Meh, the tuck rule is a bogus rule anyway. They never enforce it, it was arguably one of the worst calls in playoff history, no one ever calls the tuck rule. I personally feel it was a fumble, I can't say for 100% because I need to see a replay, but I saw no indication the first time how it would not be a fumble.

Did anyone else notice TO pull a Plaxico on Romo's 2nd INT? I know it was way overthrown, but he couldve tried to tackle Demps or something, he just stopped and put his hands down.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh I disagree. He definately brought that ball back down to his body. The ball was below his shoulder after the pump when Kiwi hit it. How else could Kiwi hit it directly with a lowered helmet?
That is not the rule. The rule states that the quarterback must bring the ball into his body and "tuck it in" between his torso and arm. In theory, the QB can pump once, then run around for 35 seconds in the pocket, get hit, and fumble and it would still be an incomplete pass. Once the motion of the arm has started forward, the QB is considered to be in the act of passing until the ball is gone or he tucks it away. There is no arguing this. It wasn't even close.

Quote:
Meh, the tuck rule is a bogus rule anyway. They never enforce it, it was arguably one of the worst calls in playoff history, no one ever calls the tuck rule. I personally feel it was a fumble, I can't say for 100% because I need to see a replay, but I saw no indication the first time how it would not be a fumble.

Did anyone else notice TO pull a Plaxico on Romo's 2nd INT? I know it was way overthrown, but he couldve tried to tackle Demps or something, he just stopped and put his hands down.
I agree that it's a bogus rule, and I agree that (judging by intent) it should have been a fumble. But according to the rules the game is played by it was an incomplete pass, and not only did they miss the call, but I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere over the last couple days. It's almost like it never happened. Supposedly, the reason why they don't change it is because of an inability to write a rule that is pratical enough to enforce in a game. It has been looked over time and time again, and they refuse to change it. Fine. But it should be called fairly, and I believe that the NFL should issue the Cowboys an apology for missing what could have been a critical call in a huge game after they have gone to such lengths to justify not only the validity of this rule, but the importance of it as well. It's BS.

Yes, I did notice T.O. loafing it on that one. It happens all the time with WR. Plax isn't the only one. But it isn't the same as what Plaxico did at Tennesee. He was in position to actually prevent the Int, whereas TO was only able to save his team a chunk of yards. Still, not something you want to see out of your 10mil per year WR.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote