Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with Garrett another year :)

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Woodley looks like a beast tonight coming off that left edge, to think we could of taken him instead of Spencer :( He is a force opposite Harrison, but I still have high hopes for Spencer and his abilities if he gets his act together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Tampa will go after Garrett...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off-Topic. Steelers/Niners/Cowboys are all at 5 Superbowl wins. It must stay that way!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Maybe Tampa will go after Garrett...
.....they already hired their replacement...and Garrett isn't going to move laterally.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lamar Woodley looks like a beast tonight coming off that left edge, to think we could of taken him instead of Spencer :( He is a force opposite Harrison, but I still have high hopes for Spencer and his abilities if he gets his act together.
I'm glad somebody still has high hopes for him. Right now I'm just bracing myself for a bust.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm glad somebody still has high hopes for him. Right now I'm just bracing myself for a bust.
He has been having a bad year...maybe it's the media...but the hard knocks....getting fined for not going to rehab....and supposedly in the middle of the season not rehabbing hard enough...then this pompus a-hole deal at the club.....his image isn't great right now in my eyes. But when he is on the field things happen....so lets just hope for no injuries before we make a judgement this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Burnett, Spencer and Carpenter can play. They simply need to play. Getting rid of Zach and Ellis will help. Find some young guys with talent for back-ups.

Look at Pittsburgh, they turn over the LB frequently and manage to develop excellent young players.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not good...Capers was picked up by GB today :(

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Baltimore Sun, "word around the NFL" is that the Cowboys are targeting impending free agent Ray Lewis and are willing to guarantee him $25 million in a three-year contract.

There should be a good number of rumors this week with lots of NFL people gathering at the Senior Bowl. Owner Jerry Jones reportedly believes Lewis could help solve problems in Dallas' locker room. The Ravens will enter talks with Lewis shortly, but re-signing Terrell Suggs should be their top priority.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They said the same thing two years ago inre: Lewis. Didn't happen. It won't happen now.

All that being said, I'm not sure I'd even want to see Ray Lewis in Dallas. I think we should save the money, give Burnett/Carpenter a chance, and spread the money elsewhere.

How's my new sig, btw?

Last edited by BX : 01-19-2009 at 02:25 PM.
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
.....they already hired their replacement...and Garrett isn't going to move laterally.
God damnit!!!!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

posted this in the nfl thread...just bringing it here also

on ray ray

This must hold some substance.

Dallas was rumored to be in the Ray Ray sweepstakes when Ray wasn't happy in Balt.

So I definitely think there is something behind this.

One thing that we have to be careful about and has been talked about above is the OL he is going to face.

Wade runs a one-gap scheme so if a team chooses to quick down then up on the LB he is going to be facing those situations if he comes to dallas. Bradie James actually was reported this year after the season how much different parcells and Wade's schemes were because he say OG in his gap so much more often.

Another thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense scheme wise is the fact that Ray Ray is a guy that brings it in the hole....noone does it better. Yet playing the WILB position he will be playing a role that Donnie Edwards played in SD. Now Wade is flexible and works his schemes around his players....but you don't want Ray Ray in coverage more than supporting the run.

Here is what I think is the deal. Dallas wants a change...they have started weaving out the trash. They want players with heart. Who better than Ray Lewis to get a team going. Dallas brought in Zach Thomas last year thinking he would be "that guy" however when asked about it Thomas said he didn't wanna come and steal the thunder he wanted to "just fit in".

Thomas came out after the game against philly and said he would move on from here...then the next day said that it was emotions and he was still weighing his options. So that would likely be the first thing that happens.

Count me in as curious to see how this develops.

Also remember looking at FA and the draft...their really isn't a great fit for our WILB position. So looking at it from that perspective....Ray Ray could be the best option to address quite possibly our biggest need this offseason. using this logic the move would make sense.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Frantz Joseph, but that is a pipe dream.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I've read that Canty is looking for Tommy Kelly money...

thoughts on tagging him and waiting for the uncapped year to make him an offer?

I don't see how we can give him a deal like Tommy Kellys. He should have something in the neighborhood of Ratliff.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I've read that Canty is looking for Tommy Kelly money...

thoughts on tagging him and waiting for the uncapped year to make him an offer?

I don't see how we can give him a deal like Tommy Kellys. He should have something in the neighborhood of Ratliff.
Tagging him will cost more in 2009 then a new contract.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Let Canty go and spend the money on Ray Lewis. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still like Frantz Joseph, but that is a pipe dream.
Why? He looks like a good middle round pick at this point, if he's there around the 5th sign me up, especially if we can get Ray Ray here and give him 2 years to be solid depth...That's one of those positions I want to look for a future replacement that could be ready in a few years, and Joseph already looks like a Bradie James clone in a sense but he could use the time for added bulk.

Ray is probably more of a pipe dream, but if we sign him then I really want to take a flier on a highly rated ILB prospect that maybe slid, who better to learn from then one of the best MLB's of all time.

I say we just let Canty walk, we can maybe look for someone like Ron Brace who can play NT and move Ratliff outside or move Spears inside more, but all we really need is one body this draft, and see what values are available in Free Agency the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Canty isn't worth blockbuster money, so if he's being greedy, then let him walk. I mean, he did ok for us this season. We probably could've had Kenyon Coleman all year and got similar results.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Canty really does want that kind of money, why don't we let his ass walk, then just sign Olshansky for less. He and Wade already have familiarity, so it's a given he'd be a perfect replacement. Or hell, why don't we just save the money and just give Jason Hatcher his chance.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
If Canty really does want that kind of money, why don't we let his ass walk, then just sign Olshansky for less. He and Wade already have familiarity, so it's a given he'd be a perfect replacement. Or hell, why don't we just save the money and just give Jason Hatcher his chance.
Forgot Hatcher even existed. LOL. Yeah, give him his chance. It's now or never.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forgot Hatcher even existed. LOL. Yeah, give him his chance. It's now or never.
I think everyone at Valley Ranch did too.

I remember Jason Hatcher.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I remember a line that consisted of Bowen/Tank/Hatcher....Bowen was the only guy on that line that did anything. Hatcher is a scrub so far....Chris Canty needs to be kept or replaced with someone as equally or more talented than he is....our DL is already a weakness...we can't lose a solid player and have trash behind him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I remember a line that consisted of Bowen/Tank/Hatcher....Bowen was the only guy on that line that did anything. Hatcher is a scrub so far....Chris Canty needs to be kept or replaced with someone as equally or more talented than he is....our DL is already a weakness...we can't lose a solid player and have trash behind him.
What does it say that you'd rather import a pricey FA than see the fruits of our drafting labors come to be?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
What does it say that you'd rather import a pricey FA than see the fruits of our drafting labors come to be?
We rotated our DL all year....we have been doing it for two years now....and Hatcher hasn't made an impact yet...Bowen out played him hands down with the same amount of snaps.

Designs by me
Quote: