Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
We rotated our DL all year....we have been doing it for two years now....and Hatcher hasn't made an impact yet...Bowen out played him hands down with the same amount of snaps.
Bowen or Hatcher, it doesn't matter. My point is that neither one of them is starting quality, and that's a result of poor drafting. Fasano and the Aggie both as 2nd rounders with Jason Witten on the roster is poor drafting. We are reaping what we sew, and that's why we're having to reach outside the organization for role players.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I was hoping to have Olshansky and Canty....

I guess that is looking more and more like a pipe dream since both of them think they deserve to get paid big.

That Tommy Kelly deal really ****** up a lot of stuff.

The thing is, I could see Canty getting a deal like that from a 4-3 team who wants him as a DT. I don't think any 3-4 team is willing to pay him that to play DE. Maybe Green Bay because they have a lot of cash and are switching to a 3-4??

Thule made a good point that franchising him would cost more, I don't know why I didn't figure that out on my own...

I just don't think we can let Canty go. Bowen and Hatcher are rotational guys, Spears really shouldn't be on the team but could be a rotational guy. Canty and Ratliff really need to be the mainstays with someone like Olshansky coming in to play at the other DE spot or maybe a new NT to kick Ratliff outside (even though I don't see us moving him after the sack total he put up) -- Our D line has been a huge weakness.

They don't keep out ILB's clean which is part of the problem and they don't do much to help out on the strong side, which seems to be where teams would run the ball down our throat all year.

I'd like Ray Lewis too -- but it begs the question of how Bradie would respond. Bradie is trying to become the leader of the defense. He has the little green dot, he calls the plays. What does it mean if we bring in Ray Ray? It's a bit of a slap in the face to Bradie. Does this create leadership issues within the defense? and to we really give a 33 year old LB 25 mill guaranteed instead of strengthening the core of the D-line and retaining Burnett instead?

Is he worth letting a few of our guys (burnett/canty) go?

Will Lewis even look like Ray Lewis on the ravens without Haloti Ngata keeping him clean to run to the ball carrier?

I love the hype and on field coach intangibles he brings but there are other questions we have to look at with him.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I cant pull up Scotts Senior Bowl reports. Any help?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering since you guys got to know Chris Canty if he is a Green Bay guy and how much would he be asking for?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, as many have said, the Kelley contract last year has thrown a wrench in things.

He's shown flashes of being a dominate player, but most of the time, he just average to slightly above average.

I think he's worth a good contract, but his agent is going to start at Kelley money and he's not worth that, and neither is Kelley.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I was wondering since you guys got to know Chris Canty if he is a Green Bay guy and how much would he be asking for?
I have no idea if he is a Green Bay guy, or what a Green Bay guy looks like. He played at Virginia though.

Canty's agent said that he is looking for "Tommy Kelly" money. I think he's the type that will chase the money rather than settle for much less to stay here. His most impressive season was his rookie year under Parcells. I was anxious to see him take his game to another level, but he's been stuck in neutral. I haven't seen any growth in his game. I have seen tremendous growth in his stature though. He's a big boy now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have no idea if he is a Green Bay guy, or what a Green Bay guy looks like. He played at Virginia though.

Canty's agent said that he is looking for "Tommy Kelly" money. I think he's the type that will chase the money rather than settle for much less to stay here. His most impressive season was his rookie year under Parcells. I was anxious to see him take his game to another level, but he's been stuck in neutral. I haven't seen any growth in his game. I have seen tremendous growth in his stature though. He's a big boy now.
by Green Bay guy i mean would he like to play in a small town and in this weather and also if he can play under Capers' 34 zone blitz scheme?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I was hoping to have Olshansky and Canty....

I guess that is looking more and more like a pipe dream since both of them think they deserve to get paid big.

That Tommy Kelly deal really ****** up a lot of stuff.

The thing is, I could see Canty getting a deal like that from a 4-3 team who wants him as a DT. I don't think any 3-4 team is willing to pay him that to play DE. Maybe Green Bay because they have a lot of cash and are switching to a 3-4??

Thule made a good point that franchising him would cost more, I don't know why I didn't figure that out on my own...

I just don't think we can let Canty go. Bowen and Hatcher are rotational guys, Spears really shouldn't be on the team but could be a rotational guy. Canty and Ratliff really need to be the mainstays with someone like Olshansky coming in to play at the other DE spot or maybe a new NT to kick Ratliff outside (even though I don't see us moving him after the sack total he put up) -- Our D line has been a huge weakness.

They don't keep out ILB's clean which is part of the problem and they don't do much to help out on the strong side, which seems to be where teams would run the ball down our throat all year.

I'd like Ray Lewis too -- but it begs the question of how Bradie would respond. Bradie is trying to become the leader of the defense. He has the little green dot, he calls the plays. What does it mean if we bring in Ray Ray? It's a bit of a slap in the face to Bradie. Does this create leadership issues within the defense? and to we really give a 33 year old LB 25 mill guaranteed instead of strengthening the core of the D-line and retaining Burnett instead?

Is he worth letting a few of our guys (burnett/canty) go?

Will Lewis even look like Ray Lewis on the ravens without Haloti Ngata keeping him clean to run to the ball carrier?

I love the hype and on field coach intangibles he brings but there are other questions we have to look at with him.
Our DL is messed up big time. Olshansky is one name out there, but are there others?

The good thing is that there are a bunch of purdy good 34 DE prospects this year. A bunch of them could really help us out... from Jerry Peria, Ziggy Hood, Sen'Derrick Marks... to Vance Walker, Fili Moala, Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him), Chris Baker, Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick), Ricky Jean-Francois....

It's possible to get help... we just have to be lucky and not draft a bust.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
by Green Bay guy i mean would he like to play in a small town and in this weather and also if he can play under Capers' 34 zone blitz scheme?
What strengths do you need to play in Capers' zone blitz scheme?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What strengths do you need to play in Capers' zone blitz scheme?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the kind of D Pittsburgh runs as well. A 3-4 with a lot of zone blitzing.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the kind of D Pittsburgh runs as well. A 3-4 with a lot of zone blitzing.
In that case, they need a good blitzing safety more than anything.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
that's Bigby, but he is slow in coverage. So does Canty care about weather and a small town, i know you wouldn't know 100% but what type of personally is he? must be a hard worker if he was taken by Parcells. Ward is correct, Capers was the first to bring that defense to the Steelers.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think the biggest thing is that yeah, everybody needs to be good at every job on the field. Safeties and corners should have blitzing ability, D-lineman should have some experience in dropping into coverage in short zones or the flats.

What do you guys think about the idea of bringing Mike Zimmer back to be D-Coordinator? I hadn't thought of it, but JJT brings it up and it doesn't sound so crazy to me.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I think the biggest thing is that yeah, everybody needs to be good at every job on the field. Safeties and corners should have blitzing ability, D-lineman should have some experience in dropping into coverage in short zones or the flats.

What do you guys think about the idea of bringing Mike Zimmer back to be D-Coordinator? I hadn't thought of it, but JJT brings it up and it doesn't sound so crazy to me.
Bring back Zimmer would be a big mistake. Brign him here to learn WP's 34? If he does that, he'll have lost his entire identity of who he is in the first place. He's with Marvin Lewis where they run the 4-3 and that's the type of system that he needs to stay in.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
that's Bigby, but he is slow in coverage. So does Canty care about weather and a small town, i know you wouldn't know 100% but what type of personally is he? must be a hard worker if he was taken by Parcells. Ward is correct, Capers was the first to bring that defense to the Steelers.
Not sure what you're trying to get at. He's a good player who is slightly overhyped. A change of scenery might do him good. He's doesn't stick out as a hard worker or a poor worker. Small town wouldn't mean anything to him if he got his $$$. Parcells has taken a lot of guys that have sucked royally. Just because he drafted them, doesn't mean they're good. I'd say he's about 50/50 in hits and misses.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our DL is messed up big time. Olshansky is one name out there, but are there others?

The good thing is that there are a bunch of purdy good 34 DE prospects this year. A bunch of them could really help us out... from Jerry Peria, Ziggy Hood, Sen'Derrick Marks... to Vance Walker, Fili Moala, Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him), Chris Baker, Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick), Ricky Jean-Francois....

It's possible to get help... we just have to be lucky and not draft a bust.
These are just my opinions...but I really don't like this DE class

Jerry Peria - No thanks...not in a 3-4
, Ziggy Hood - Jay Ratliff 2.0 I'm all for him
, Sen'Derrick Marks - Blah JAG imo
... to Vance Walker - another meh
, Fili Moala - Would be a decent value in the third..but later not our pick
, Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him) also think he could fit with us
, Chris Baker - he's no langford even
, Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick) - talked about him in my shrine post I also like him,
Ricky Jean-Francois - only thing this guy has ever did was talk no thx

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zimmer was lost in trying to lead a 3-4 defense. We need new blood, firstly and when it comes to Zimmer and the 3-4...square peg, round hole.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we'll see a new DC this year. I think that Campo and Grantham will just be in charge of the game plans....DMN also said something about bringing in Gary Gibbs...and I'm not sure about that....

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
These are just my opinions...but I really don't like this DE class

Jerry Peria - No thanks...not in a 3-4
, Ziggy Hood - Jay Ratliff 2.0 I'm all for him
, Sen'Derrick Marks - Blah JAG imo
... to Vance Walker - another meh
, Fili Moala - Would be a decent value in the third..but later not our pick
, Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him) also think he could fit with us
, Chris Baker - he's no langford even
, Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick) - talked about him in my shrine post I also like him,
I love Peria, but he'll be long gone. Ziggy is awesome. I agree on Marks (JAG). Intrigued by Walker... a nice potential guy. Moala I'm not high on, but I think he could surprise me. I get the feeling of a Junior Siavii though. MaGee is a nice sleeper. Baker and Gilbert are just "potential" guys. RJF... after the whole Spears failure, I don't like any LSU DL... not Dorsey not Tyson Jackson not Al Woods not anyone.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't think we'll see a new DC this year. I think that Campo and Grantham will just be in charge of the game plans....DMN also said something about bringing in Gary Gibbs...and I'm not sure about that....
Yeah, we don't need a DC if all they'll do is take away from what Wade does for us.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Wade's son a member of our coaching staff?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Is Wade's son a member of our coaching staff?
Um, yes he is.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well he did ***** slap Ohio State.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Bum Phillips was a good coordinator and coach, Wade is a great coordinator, does his son have any talent?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Well Bum Phillips was a good coordinator and coach, Wade is a great coordinator, does his son have any talent?
He must because he never would have been hired otherwise. Unless you can coach, you aren't wanted in Dallas nor do you last very long.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote