Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just finally got around to uploading some pictures.

Me and D after our week 17 loss in Hawaii.

holy **** is D married?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's shown pictures of his kid on here too. Atleast, I'm pretty positive they were pics of his little boy. D is doing work in Hawaii. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO...Flozell Adams is still false starting in the pro bowl, smh...Some things never change :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
holy **** is D married?
Yeah I'm married... I'm guessing that it was my double chin that gave it away... right? LMAO. Yes I've gotten fat and lazy. :p

That pic came out pretty clear for a phone pic thule. Thanks for the bad memories... never gonna watch a Cowboys game with you again..

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-08-2009 at 08:30 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's shown pictures of his kid on here too. Atleast, I'm pretty positive they were pics of his little boy. D is doing work in Hawaii. :)
I got 3 boys! ! ! ! ! ! Howz dat for work? :]
Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've got three boys too. My youngest is going to the OU football camp in June. Wish him luck.:)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
wow D you look really young for a married man with 3 kids. No joke, you could pass for 27 or 28 although I would also believe you if you said you were 35.. just one of those guys.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even see that pic, that's my first time seeing D in a pic before, Hawaii represent!!!

On a football related note Peter King also thinks TO will be cut:

Quote:
1. I think everyone doing free-agent lists should add one name in pencil: Terrell Owens. I'll bet you a month's worth of lattes he'll be free in six weeks.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...teelers/2.html

His opinion is really worth crap, but people sure do seem to be coming out from everywhere saying he's a goner.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
wow D you look really young for a married man with 3 kids. No joke, you could pass for 27 or 28 although I would also believe you if you said you were 35.. just one of those guys.
I'm 30. Got married at 23. Sons are 6, 4 and 1. Gonna try one more time for a girl.

thule PM'd me saying he was coming to Hawaii and would be staying in Waikiki. So we met up and watched the game at Lulu's Bar and Grill in Waikiki...

then I even took him to my hometown in Kaneohe to go to my sister-in-law's birthyday party where all the family had gotten together. We ate some more, hung out, I introduced him to my family, played pool, Madden and even basketball in front of the house. Luckily thule was on my team or else he would've been schooled. lol. :D

That was a pretty fun day. The whole time I couldn't believe that I had actually met up with someone from the forums. It was pretty weird... but thules a cool guy.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are making me jealous of the forum bro connection you've got going! Hard to believe none of the Texas guys have ever met up, but the guy from Hawaii has!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I took thule here...

http://www.luluswaikiki.com/

...even treated his ass. LOL. I didn't mind at all though. If anyone else comes to Hawaii, hit me up. I'll take you somewhere better. haha.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I took thule here...

...even treated his ass. LOL. I didn't mind at all though. If anyone else comes to Hawaii, hit me up. I'll take you somewhere better. haha.
Nice menu, what are volcano fries?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Nice menu, what are volcano fries?
I'm not sure. But it didn't matter... I lost my appetite watching that horrendous game.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Sucks that you guys had to watch that game. The date could have gone sooo much better :)
Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sucks that you guys had to watch that game. The date could have gone sooo much better :)
Would've been better if it was a threesome. Lol.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was driving from Irving to Arlington the other day, and as I came up the freeway ramp, the Cowboys new spaceship--ok, stadium-- was clearly visible in the distance. I hadn't been over that way recently, and it definitely didn't look so "stadium-like" the last time I saw it. It's really going to be cool-looking. I actually used to live close to where it's being built, but now I live only a couple of miles from Texas Stadium, and I'm about to move right over by their practice facilities--off Cowboys Parkway, no less! :) I'll be close enough to picket if they turn in another season like 2008.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I was driving from Irving to Arlington the other day, and as I came up the freeway ramp, the Cowboys new spaceship--ok, stadium-- was clearly visible in the distance. I hadn't been over that way recently, and it definitely didn't look so "stadium-like" the last time I saw it. It's really going to be cool-looking. I actually used to live close to where it's being built, but now I live only a couple of miles from Texas Stadium, and I'm about to move right over by their practice facilities--off Cowboys Parkway, no less! :) I'll be close enough to picket if they turn in another season like 2008.
Sweet. So are you a Rangers fan too?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I took thule here...

Hm... Hawaii are pretty close from here... :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I used to live off Cowboys Parkway ie Valley Ranch, and it's one of the best areas to live, I loved it over there...I just moved to Arlington but I lived in that area for about 7 years, you picked a good place and most everyone loves it.

Always get to see plenty Cowboys in the area too.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love those guys on Espn's 1st and 10 show. They said signing Mike Vick is a Jerry Jones' move...which is certainly true but, then they said...we'd sign him as a QB and by say week 10, when Romo faulters, Vick will take over as the starting QB and be the long term answer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Scott said he said he's gotten called by this damn show several times, right? I def. think he did the right thing by turning them down. What a joke.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-11-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Gotta love those guys on Espn's 1st and 10 show. They said signing Mike Vick is a Jerry Jones' move...which is certainly true but, then they said...we'd sign him as a QB and by say week 10, when Romo faulters, Vick will take over as the starting QB and be the long term answer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Scott said he said he's gotten called by this damn show several times, right? I def. think he did the right thing by turning them down. What a joke.
But bringing Vick here is not really a bad thing, imo. I think he could push Romo. I'm such a strong advocate for putting real pressure on him, that I would be ok with Vick.

We NEED a capable vet that can push him. With these TO cut rumors... does Jeff Garcia becomes an option? How great would it be to get Favre as a back up? :D
Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was laughing at the fact that they say he'd take over for Romo. Tony doesnt need someone to push him (atleast not a QB, maybe a coach)...that's not happening anyway, when he is making $67 million, no one is going to be a threat to take his job. Tony just needs to figure out what his identity as a QB truly is and Garrett is going to need to put him in a better situation then he's been in. I'm not worried about Tony...he said he's going to be more vocal, he knows that the team has problems and he needs to step up. I have faith in Tony. He's constantly an over scrutinized player who doesnt need to change all that much really. Garrett needs to step his game up more than Romo...who statistically has been a top 5 QB in this league for the last three years. Garrett isnt putting our offense in a good situation at all. People are pointing a lot of fingers but, Garrett deserves more blame then anyone for our sporadic offensive efforts. I really do question how deep his playbook actually is...I just love that Roy Williams was getting questioned by opposing corners why he was running the same routes over and over and just about every defense knows what we're going to do, week in and week out.

Garcia is straight West Coast, so I doubt it. Basically, the perfect west coast QB.

Back to Vick...our team has a huge chemistry problem as it is...why bring in another bad character guy? That is one of main reasons we're in this mess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-11-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I was laughing at the fact that they say he'd take over for Romo. Tony doesnt need someone to push him...that's not happening anyway, when he is making $67 million, no one is going to be a threat to take his job. Tony just needs to figure out what his identity as a QB truly is and Garrett is going to need to put him in a better situation then he's been in. I'm not worried about Tony...he said he's going to be more vocal, he knows that the team has problems and he needs to step up. I have faith in Tony. He's constantly an over scrutinized player who doesnt need to change all that much really. Garrett needs to step his game up more than Romo...who statistically has been a top 5 QB in this league for the last three years. Garrett isnt putting our offense in a good situation at all.

Garcia is straight West Coast, so I doubt it. Baically, the perfect west coast QB.

Back to Vick...our team has a huge chemsitry problem as it is...why bring in another bad character guy? That is one of main reasons we're in this mess.
Speaking of something being over scrutinized... how about this team's overblown chemistry issues. Just because ESPN wants to make it a story, doesn't mean it is a story. I guess, I'm just not one to have my opinion molded by public perception.

As for Tony... I don't expect him to lose his job. I just want someone behind him that doesn't make him feel comfortable with the fact that he can continue to make mistakes and not have any worry about them. One thing about Tony is that he has become too good at simply brushing aside his mistakes. Making a mistake doesn't make him flinch anymore. ...and what happens? He keeps making them at an unconscious rate.

Look at McNabb... He never thought there was a chance in the world that he would lose his job to Kolb. ...and he played like a fool. After Reid made that thought a possibility, we saw a completely different McNabb.

Competition at any position is ALWAYS good. Brad Johnson and Bollinger do not present any competition and thus, we have a mistake prone QB. Romo's best season was arguably his first one when Bledsoe was 1 mistake away from taking back the starting job.

Maybe I'm trying to be too funny about saying Vick would be ok, but the fact remains, I believe we need some competition there and I don't think a rookie will be good enough to add some.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Speaking of something being over scrutinized... how about this team's overblown chemistry issues. Just because ESPN wants to make it a story, doesn't mean it is a story. I guess, I'm just not one to have my opinion molded by public perception.

As for Tony... I don't expect him to lose his job. I just want someone behind him that doesn't make him feel comfortable with the fact that he can continue to make mistakes and not have any worry about them. One thing about Tony is that he has become too good at simply brushing aside his mistakes. Making a mistake doesn't make him flinch anymore. ...and what happens? He keeps making them at an unconscious rate.

Look at McNabb... He never thought there was a chance in the world that he would lose his job to Kolb. ...and he played like a fool. After Reid made that thought a possibility, we saw a completely different McNabb.

Competition at any position is ALWAYS good. Brad Johnson and Bollinger do not present any competition and thus, we have a mistake prone QB. Romo's best season was arguably his first one when Bledsoe was 1 mistake away from taking back the starting job.

Maybe I'm trying to be too funny about saying Vick would be ok, but the fact remains, I believe we need some competition there and I don't think a rookie will be good enough to add some.
If Romo needs someone to push him...look at the coaching staff. That is their job after all, they should be trying to get the best out of him. This is on Wade Wilson and Jason Garrett more than anyone. Mccnabb's situation was completely different, he actually did have a legitimate shot to lose his job. With Romo's contract, he's not in jeopardy of losing his job...this doesnt mean he's dogging it at all, it just means that there really is no point in bringing in a back up to push him. That doesnt really make sense. Obviously we need a good backup but, that is not the reason why. We need one because, Brad and Brooks were awful last season and didnt really give us a chance to win when Tony went down, not because Romo is feeling too comfortable as a starter. Tony is a fine talent...if Garrett gets his stuff together, we should be absolutely fine. Now, I agree Tony may need to change his outlook on things...he's had some strange interviews as of late but, again that's something the coaches should be able to help him with. Even Aikman has been talking to him frequently this off-season.

The chemistry problems are not over blown. All of our guys have been calling eachother out or calling Wade out or calling Garrett out...Even Wade and Garrett are in a power struggle. We have a lot of guys that are not on the same page at all. Chemistry is a major problem with this team. There is no chemsitry and the distractions mount because, of it. This team is in a tail spin right now and changes need to be made.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-11-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If Romo needs someone to push him...look at the coaching staff. That is their job after all, they should be trying to get the best out of him. This is on Wade Wilson and Jason Garrett more than anyone. Mccnabb's situation was completely different, he actually did have a legitimate shot to lose his job. With Romo's contract, he's not in jeopardy of losing his job...this doesnt mean he's dogging it at all, it just means that there really is no point in bringing in a back up to push him. That doesnt really make sense. Obviously we need a good backup but, that is not the reason why. We need one because, Brad and Brooks were awful last season and didnt really give us a chance to win when Tony went down, not because Romo is feeling too comfortable as a starter. Tony is a fine talent...if Garrett gets his stuff together, we should be absolutely fine. Now, I agree Tony may need to change his outlook on things...he's had some strange interviews as of late but, again that's on the coaches to help him out there.

The chemistry problems are not over blown. All of our guys have been calling eachother out or calling Wade out or calling Garrett out...Even Wade and Garrett are in a power struggle. We have a lot of guys that are not on the same page at all. Chemistry is a major problem with this team. There is no chemsitry and the distractions mount because, of it. This team is in a tail spin right now and changed need to be made.
I can agree that the coaching staff needs to put pressure on Romo or coach him up to be better or whatever... yeah, that's a given. But he has to be receptive to what they are saying as well. As it is right now, he doesn't have to... Honestly, he doesn't. There's no threat to him. The coaching staff doesn't have options... they don't have an ace up their sleeve where they can say hey, Tony... if you're going to keep playing the way you're playing, then we're gonna sit you. I don't give a rat's ass how much he's making. He's just like any other highly paid player on the roster. If Roy Williams can sit in pass defense with his contract, then Romo can sit too if he doesn't take his job with the right approach.

You're right about McNabb... he did have a legitimate chance to lose his job. That's what I'm saying. Romo doesn't.

Am I saying let's put Romo's job in jeapordy? No. I know how much he makes and I know it doesn't make sense to replace him. But you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not wanting to bring in a guy to replace him IN THE LONG TERM. I want a guy who can go out there and spell him when he's getting all flustered. ...allow him to gather his thoughts and rethink things before going out there again. Obviously, by bringing up the names Garcia, Favre, Vick... I'm not talking about a permanent replacement. I've said repeatedly that I think we need a capable veteran back there. Key word.. Capable. Something Brad Johnson is not.

Oh.. and as I've said at an unconcious rate... Fixing the OL, will solve A LOT of it... 90% of this team's problems.