Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sweet. So are you a Rangers fan too?
Nah, although I did catch the occasional game at the Ballpark since it was so close to where I lived.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can agree that the coaching staff needs to put pressure on Romo or coach him up to be better or whatever... yeah, that's a given. But he has to be receptive to what they are saying as well. As it is right now, he doesn't have to... Honestly, he doesn't. There's no threat to him. The coaching staff doesn't have options... they don't have an ace up their sleeve where they can say hey, Tony... if you're going to keep playing the way you're playing, then we're gonna sit you. I don't give a rat's ass how much he's making. He's just like any other highly paid player on the roster. If Roy Williams can sit in pass defense with his contract, then Romo can sit too if he doesn't take his job with the right approach.

You're right about McNabb... he did have a legitimate chance to lose his job. That's what I'm saying. Romo doesn't.

Am I saying let's put Romo's job in jeapordy? No. I know how much he makes and I know it doesn't make sense to replace him. But you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not wanting to bring in a guy to replace him IN THE LONG TERM. I want a guy who can go out there and spell him when he's getting all flustered. ...allow him to gather his thoughts and rethink things before going out there again. Obviously, by bringing up the names Garcia, Favre, Vick... I'm not talking about a permanent replacement. I've said repeatedly that I think we need a capable veteran back there. Key word.. Capable. Something Brad Johnson is not.

Oh.. and as I've said at an unconcious rate... Fixing the OL, will solve A LOT of it... 90% of this team's problems.
The thing is, though...regardless of who you bring in, Romo wouldnt be pushed by a backup QB. Benching a struggling safety with a big contract is one thing but, benching or sitting your franchise QB, making $70 million is a whole other thing entirely...and frankly, Romo hasnt done anything to warrant being benched. Romo has some problems with ball security and his overall mentality toward the game can be questioned, with these latest interviews...but, these things can be corrected, Romo doesnt need to feel pushed or threatened to lead this team when we're struggling. What you're saying doesnt make a whole lot of sense...because, you're saying you want this backup so, we can sit Romo when he gets flustered? Who does that? The best Qbs can over come these things. Yes...we all know we need a reliable backup but, I dont understand exactly what you're looking for this guy to do. We need him just in case Romo goes down to injury...that's it.

As for the O-Line...yup, that is a major problem as well. Fixing it wouldn't solve 90% of our problems, though. Garrett has been hurting the team with his, at times, moronic playcalling and even when Romo has time to throw, our receivers were not always open. Now, a lot of that is on Garrett as well but, there were plenty of times where our receivers just couldnt get open. I'll actually give some of those receivers the benefit of the doubt, though with all the info coming out about Garrett and Roy and the playcalling. Obviously, you know where I stand. The O-Line had a lot of bad games but, Garrett hurt this team more. We also cant over look the chemistry issues here as well between, Romo, T.O., Garrett, Witten, and Williams. This unit has a lot more problems than just the O-Line. They're poorly coached, poorly prepared, poorly diciplined, and there is no trust. It's a mess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-11-2009 at 01:46 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The thing is, though...regardless of who you bring in, Romo wouldnt be pushed by a backup QB. Benching a struggling safety with a big contract is one thing but, benching or sitting your franchise QB, making $70 million is a whole other thing entirely...and frankly, Romo hasnt done anything to warrant being benched. Romo has some problems with ball security and his overall mentality toward the game can be questioned, with these latest interviews...but, these things can be corrected, Romo doesnt need to feel pushed or threatened to lead this team when we're struggling. What you're saying doesnt make a whole lot of sense...because, you're saying you want this backup so, we can sit Romo when he gets flustered? Who does that? The best Qbs can over come these things. Yes...we all know we need a reliable backup but, I dont understand exactly what you're looking for this guy to do. We need him just in case Romo goes down to injury...that's it.

As for the O-Line...yup, that is a major problem as well. Fixxing it wouldn't solve 90% of our problems, though. Garrett has been hurting the team with his, at times, moronic playcalling and even when Romo has time to throw, our receivers were not always open. Now, a lot of that is on Garrett as well but, there were plenty of times where our receivers just couldnt get open. I'll actually give some of those receivers the benefit of the doubt, though with all the info coming out about Garrett and Roy and the playcalling. Obviously, you know where I stand. The O-Line had a lot of bad games but, Garrett hurt this team more. We also cant over look the chemistry issues here as well between, Romo, T.O., Garrett, Witten, and Williams. This unit has a lot more problems than just the O-Line. They're poorly coached, poorly prepared, poorly diciplined, and there is no trust. It's a mess.
Well, Andy Reid did it to McNabb.... right? But then again, Reid is one of those rare Great coaching master minds out there, not afraid to play the sensitive card with his franchise QB.

You're right, the great QBs can overcome their frustrations, but I am not ready to annoint Romo as one of the greats... yet. We've already seen how his mental lapses have hurt this team. Right now he's closer to Jake Delhomme than Peyton Manning... when you're talking about being mentally in the game.

Are you understanding what I'm saying? I get the feeling that you keep referring to someone who I think will push Romo out of his job. I'm not saying that at all. Correct me if I'm wrong. You said, "The thing is, though...regardless of who you bring in, Romo wouldnt be pushed by a backup QB." Does that mean you think I want a backup QB that will push him out of a job? Or does that mean that you think the backup QB won't be talented enough to push him to be better? If it's the latter, then yeah, I don't want a guy who's not talented enough to push Romo because we already have 2 guys like that. What I want is a backup QB who can push up the competition at QB and help Romo to be more mindful that he needs to raise his game and be a better QB.

I also dislike Garrett, but sometimes it simply comes down to execution and Romo didn't do his part to execute the game plan at times. I can buy that our WRs weren't always open, but at the same time you can't say Romo always threw to the open receiever. He forced balls to TO and he forced balls to Witten. That's what he does. He's a gun slinger who takes chances... and the WRs aren't helping by saying "Throw me the damn ball!"

We both know by me saying the OL will fix 90% of the problems is just a figure of speech right? I didn't exactly calculate the percentages and break downs of it all. lol. The OL will fix a helluva lot, because when Romo has time to throw and the RBs have lanes to run in, this is one VERY happy team. Right now, you're being overly critical by saying this team is in a tailspin.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have a right to be critical and saying the team is in a tail spin isnt off base at all. They were an embarrassment this year...you dont want a hollywood team and that is what they were. Just one big soap opera...you may say that comes with being a Dallas Cowboy and you may be right but, that doesnt mean it had to unfold like it did. Everything happening out in the public. There is no chemsitry...fixing the line helps but again, this team has a whole mess of problems on the offense. You cant under value the chemistry aspect. This was a "happy" team when Garrett hadnt gotten figured out as a coordinator, it's not in direct correlation to line play. As soon as Garrett was figured out, everything got much tougher and everyone started pointing fingers at eachother. All the receivers hate Garrett and Romo has openly knocked him. There is no trust and no chemistry in this unit, if you can even call it that and again, the coaching has been abysmal. The players dont see eye to eye, the coaches dont see eye to eye, and management is divided on what to do. It is indeed, a mess.

As for the Qb thing...you want a Qb to come in and push up the competition without being a threat to Romo's job? What does that even mean?

And the Andy Reid/Mcnabb deal is one instance of this happening...and Mcnabb had fallen out of favor with the team. Mcnabb was no longer guaranteed to be their future...and if Kolb played well, they were ready to pull the plug on Mccnabb. This same thing isnt going to happen in Dallas, it just isnt. Tony is fresh into a new contract and still young into his starting career. You dont just dont sit him when he has a rough time out there. These are two completely different scenarios we're talking about.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I think we have a right to be critical and saying the team is in a tail spin isnt off base at all. They were an embarrassment this year...you dont want a hollywood team and that is what they were. Just one big soap opera...you may say that comes with being a Dallas Cowboy and you may be right but, that doesnt mean it had to unfold like it did. Everything happening out in the public. There is no chemsitry...fixing the line helps but again, this team has a whole mess of problems on the offense. You cant under value the chemistry aspect. This was a "happy" team when Garrett hadnt gotten figured out as a coordinator, it's not in direct correlation to line play. As soon as Garrett was figured out, everything got much tougher and everyone started pointing fingers at eachother. All the receivers hate Garrett and Romo has openly knocked him. There is no trust and no chemistry in this unit, if you can even call it that and again, the coaching has been abysmal. Players dont see eye to eye, the coaches dont see eye to eye, and managemnt is divided. It is indeed, a mess.

As for the Qb thing...you want a Qb to come in and push up the competition without being a threat to Romo's job? What does that even mean?

And the Andy Reid/Mcnabb deal is one instance of this happening...and Mcnabb had fallen out of favor with the team. Mcnabb was no longer guaranteed to be their future...and if Kolb played well, they were ready to pull the plug on Mccnabb. This same thing isnt going to happen in Dallas, it just isnt. Tony is fresh into a new contract and still young into his starting career. You dont just dont sit him when he has a rough time out there. These are two completely different scenarios we're talking about.
As far as chemistry goes... I'm of the mind that winning cures all. When you lose, everything you can think of becomes a problem. Chemistry is certainly one of them, but it's not the core thing bringing this team down, imo.

I will say this. I think TO needs to be cut. And I'm afraid that Roy Williams isn't as good as advertised. As in, I don't know if he would pick up TO's loss in production. No matter what anyone says about TO's attitude, the guy did come up big for us many times.

As for the QB thing... You see it all the time. It's not like what I'm saying is bogus talk. Titans brought in Kerry Collins, Cards brought in Warner, blah, blah, blah, we can go to the beginning of time. Wily vets who come in to provide depth, competition and veteran leadership. They weren't brought in to be starters, eventhough they ended up getting the job. Warner was washed up in NY and was there for Leinart's insurance, same for Collins for Young. We tried to do the same thing with Brad, he just wasn't up to the task and failed to perform when his number was called.

Simply put... Gimme a guy who will push up the level of play at the QB position.

You know what.. the name I still like is Jeff Garcia. He's no longer starter quality, but he's fiesty enough that he'll push the envelope. I know the whole TO thing... But if TO is gone, I like it. If TO is here... a guy like Leftwich would be great.

Back to Garcia... yeah, he's a WCO guy, but I believe so is Romo. Put him in a WCO and he could go down as one of the Great ones. 2010, Shanahan for HC!!!

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I will say this. I think TO needs to be cut. And I'm afraid that Roy Williams isn't as good as advertised. As in, I don't know if he would pick up TO's loss in production. No matter what anyone says about TO's attitude, the guy did come up big for us many times.

I think he needs to be cut, also.

You know, Norm on the ticket looked back at TO's numbers and in his last 15 games (excluding the SF game that he went off), he averaging right at 50 yards per game.

I have nothing factual to back this up but I actually think the offense would be more productive with RW and Austin w/ Crayon in the slot. I'm not saying Austin is as good as TO, but I think he's got good speed and he is a solid route runner. I think it would take pressure off Romo so he could just run the offense and go through his proper read without having TO in the back of his mind.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think he needs to be cut, also.

You know, Norm on the ticket looked back at TO's numbers and in his last 15 games (excluding the SF game that he went off), he averaging right at 50 yards per game.

I have nothing factual to back this up but I actually think the offense would be more productive with RW and Austin w/ Crayon in the slot. I'm not saying Austin is as good as TO, but I think he's got good speed and he is a solid route runner. I think it would take pressure off Romo so he could just run the offense and go through his proper read without having TO in the back of his mind.
The problem with cutting TO is that he draws so many double teams. If TO is gone and they double RW, I dont think Austin or Crayton are good enough to win their battles consistently. Throw in injury concerns and I think cutting TO would be a huge mistake.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The problem with cutting TO is that he draws so many double teams. If TO is gone and they double RW, I dont think Austin or Crayton are good enough to win their battles consistently. Throw in injury concerns and I think cutting TO would be a huge mistake.
I don't have access to the coaches film, but I have heard it said on the radio that he is not drawing as many double teams as he wants you to believe.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I don't have access to the coaches film, but I have heard it said on the radio that he is not drawing as many double teams as he wants you to believe.
He does.. The media just hates on him so they try to talk ****.

Look at the SF game to get an idea of what happens when you decided to leave him 1 on 1.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why hasn't Austin shown you that? He's excell as a #2 WR, eventually you have to let your guys blossom, if Austin was a 1st rd pick everyone would be screaming to give him a shot, but it's like since he's an UDFA people don't have faith in him.

Yes he needs to be healthy but he's certainly got the straight end speed, and he's got an arsenal of moves to get open, and there is no reason to believe he won't improve on how strong he started last year, being a #2 is not too much to ask, and Crayton is a great slot.

Let's not forget we have probably the best dual TE's in the league, so if you double Roy what about Witten? What about Bennett? Austin? Felix? We have plenty of weapons, teams can still double who they want but we have more then enough people to make it work.

Look around the league, we have more weapons then 95% of teams offensively, losing TO isn't that big of a deal really, Philly is somehow able to move the ball up and down the field without ONE legitimate threat at WR or TE, so why don't they struggle?

That's why I think people make more of this then they need to, we will be fine without TO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

There are some going points being made back and forth, but the main thing I get back to is the fact that it'll actually cost us money to cut him. It's cheaper to keep him.

But maybe the cost is worth it???

The sooner the decision made, the better.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why hasn't Austin shown you that? He's excell as a #2 WR, eventually you have to let your guys blossom, if Austin was a 1st rd pick everyone would be screaming to give him a shot, but it's like since he's an UDFA people don't have faith in him.

Yes he needs to be healthy but he's certainly got the straight end speed, and he's got an arsenal of moves to get open, and there is no reason to believe he won't improve on how strong he started last year, being a #2 is not too much to ask, and Crayton is a great slot.

Let's not forget we have probably the best dual TE's in the league, so if you double Roy what about Witten? What about Bennett? Austin? Felix? We have plenty of weapons, teams can still double who they want but we have more then enough people to make it work.

Look around the league, we have more weapons then 95% of teams offensively, losing TO isn't that big of a deal really, Philly is somehow able to move the ball up and down the field without ONE legitimate threat at WR or TE, so why don't they struggle?

That's why I think people make more of this then they need to, we will be fine without TO.

I think Austin has potential but he caught 13 balls ALL YEAR. TO is proven, Austin is a hope. Big difference IMO. Teams dont game plan to stop Austin, they do TO. Without TO we are average at WR. Again thats just my opinion. We do have alot of weapons but our last 4 games we scored 13,20,24, and 6. Hardly dominating.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

So, TO should be cut?
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Cutting T.O. would be a huge mistake...

Almost as big of the mistake we made when we gave up our 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams and signed him to a huge deal when we could have gotten him for no draft picks as a free agent and paid him the same after he would have been overshadowed by CJ in Detroit for the rest of last year...

People keep trying to say "Oh it will be worth it next year..."

That move wasn't made for next year, it was made out of desperation for a superbowl push and we didn't even make playoffs.

RW is a joke. T.O. is the hardest worker on the offense, like it or not.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are some going points being made back and forth, but the main thing I get back to is the fact that it'll actually cost us money to cut him. It's cheaper to keep him.

But maybe the cost is worth it???

The sooner the decision made, the better.
a little less that 700k isn't a big reason on why to keep him or not imo

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
a little less that 700k isn't a big reason on why to keep him or not imo
More like $9,000,000.00 to keep him or $9,700,000.00 to cut him...

All of a sudden, it's a big reason.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More like $9,000,000.00 to keep him or $9,700,000.00 to cut him...

All of a sudden, it's a big reason.
I'm just saying its a 700k dollar question...no matter what he gets his money....it's just how much do we give him to leave/stay

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TO or not TO

Quote:
If we did not have TO in the game for one reason or another, I don't think teams will start out doubling RW until he can prove himself worthy in this offense.

Which means teams will be able to focus on our run game, which will cause even more issues offensively. (It is amazing what you can do defensively when you don't have to worry about putting two guys on a WR)

It is hard for me to say what the best option is with TO. I find it hard to believe Jerry Jones would actually admit his mistake and release Owens. To me, that would be tougher to digest than $700k.

That is why it is so imperative for us to bring in some character guys who can play, both in FA and draft. Guys that can offset the drama here and play through distractions.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

TO certainly still has some talent and can go off occassionally.

However, I do not believe he puts fear into a defense like he did even 2 years ago.

Look, he will be 36 by the time the season starts. He is going to hit a wall very soon. Maybe you get one more "decent" year out of him, maybe not. What if this year is that year that he hits the wall? He's never going to admit that his skills are diminished. What do you think happens when all that comes to pass?

I'll tell you what happens; TO will go off on everyone - scorched earth.

Quote:
Burns336

He does.. The media just hates on him so they try to talk ****.

Look at the SF game to get an idea of what happens when you decided to leave him 1 on 1.
That game is an anomoly if you look at his last 20 or so games with the Cowboys.

NOrm on the ticket said yesterday that if you take out that SF game (poor defensive gameplan), he has averaged 50 yards per game in the last 20 games.

The fact is, he is not a $9 million WR right now. The question JJ has to answer is what is his level of play and is that worth putting up with his drama. I do not believe his play justifies the drama at this point in his career.

The reality is, guys, that he's just not an elite WR anymore. Is he still pretty good? Yeah, he's pretty good and will give you the occassional 170 yard 2 TD performance, but again, is that worth the headache.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
If we did not have TO in the game for one reason or another, I don't think teams will start out doubling RW until he can prove himself worthy in this offense.

Which means teams will be able to focus on our run game, which will cause even more issues offensively. (It is amazing what you can do defensively when you don't have to worry about putting two guys on a WR)

It is hard for me to say what the best option is with TO. I find it hard to believe Jerry Jones would actually admit his mistake and release Owens. To me, that would be tougher to digest than $700k.

That is why it is so imperative for us to bring in some character guys who can play, both in FA and draft. Guys that can offset the drama here and play through distractions.

Look, we're paying on OC $3 million per year to figure that out.

There are teams in the league that are doing much more with much less. AZ was the only team in the championship round that had a better WR corp than Dallas.

With our OL, Barber, Felix, RW, Austin, Crayton, Witten and Tellus, if you can't be productive with those guys on your offense then we've got big big problems!

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look, we're paying on OC $3 million per year to figure that out.

There are teams in the league that are doing much more with much less. AZ was the only team in the championship round that had a better WR corp than Dallas.

With our OL, Barber, Felix, RW, Austin, Crayton, Witten and Tellus, if you can't be productive with those guys on your offense then we've got big big problems!
You are preaching to the choir bro. There are no more excuses that will appease me.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
TO certainly still has some talent and can go off occassionally.

However, I do not believe he puts fear into a defense like he did even 2 years ago.

Look, he will be 36 by the time the season starts. He is going to hit a wall very soon. Maybe you get one more "decent" year out of him, maybe not. What if this year is that year that he hits the wall? He's never going to admit that his skills are diminished. What do you think happens when all that comes to pass?

I'll tell you what happens; TO will go off on everyone - scorched earth.

That game is an anomoly if you look at his last 20 or so games with the Cowboys.

NOrm on the ticket said yesterday that if you take out that SF game (poor defensive gameplan), he has averaged 50 yards per game in the last 20 games.

The fact is, he is not a $9 million WR right now. The question JJ has to answer is what is his level of play and is that worth putting up with his drama. I do not believe his play justifies the drama at this point in his career.

The reality is, guys, that he's just not an elite WR anymore. Is he still pretty good? Yeah, he's pretty good and will give you the occassional 170 yard 2 TD performance, but again, is that worth the headache.
I disagree. He and Romo have combined for the most QB-Receiver touchdowns over the past 2.5 years

He's given us 25 TD's over the last 2 years.

We have two 9 mil/year receivers and we are talking about cutting the one that actually produces.

If he has only averaged 50 yards over the last 20 games, I'd hate to see what Roy Williams average is... like 25 yrd/game??

So we drop T.O. and what do we get? Roy Williams who is also a drama starter and a big mouth but without the TD's. We get a chump who has only played an entire season one time, has only gone over 1000 yards one time, and has never scored double digit touchdowns.

If we're winning, T.O. isn't a problem. We should be winning next year. If we're not, we've got bigger problems than T.O.'s mouth anyway. Let's not act like him talking is such a huge distraction that the team cant move forward.

Most of the players on the team love him and have his back. I'm sure he isn't affecting their play. It's a cop out.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Most of the players on the team love him and have his back. I'm sure he isn't affecting their play. It's a cop out.
If that was true this conversation and the media reports would not be occurring.

I think many players tip toe around him if they don't like him and keep their mouth shut for fear of the circus. The guys who like him simply are more vocal because their is no downside. Coming out "for" a teammate is rarely controversial.

With that said, just because the man is destructive does not mean some of his points are not valid. I find many of the guys "who support him" are saying they agree with his conclusions more so than saying "I like him."
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I disagree. He and Romo have combined for the most QB-Receiver touchdowns over the past 2.5 years

He's given us 25 TD's over the last 2 years.

We have two 9 mil/year receivers and we are talking about cutting the one that actually produces.

If he has only averaged 50 yards over the last 20 games, I'd hate to see what Roy Williams average is... like 25 yrd/game??

So we drop T.O. and what do we get? Roy Williams who is also a drama starter and a big mouth but without the TD's. We get a chump who has only played an entire season one time, has only gone over 1000 yards one time, and has never scored double digit touchdowns.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a TO hater. All I'm saying is that when skill position guys hit that wall, it happens really quickly. I'm just really nervous about a 36 year old WR that has attitude problems because I think he's very close to that wall if he's not already there.

And I think you're being a bit harsh on RW right now. Let's give him a camp to get integrated.

Quote:
And that's a big problem, IMO.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cowboys target Pendergast: Although no interview is scheduled yet, there remains a good chance former Cardinals defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast will end up with the Dallas Cowboys. Wade Phillips is interested in adding Pendergast to the staff. First, Phillips has to see if the money is there to add Pendergast. The plan next season is for Phillips to call Dallas' defensive plays, but the team hasn't replaced departed defensive coordinator Brian Stewart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=clayton_john

Article also says Drayton Florence got cut... Wonder if Wade makes a play for him...