Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The raiders have released Gilbril Wilson. Boy, I would love to put him back there next to Hamlin and we could focus on OL & DL early in the draft.

What do you guys think about Wilson?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dallas met with Tyson Jackson...obviously we cant get him but, gives you an idea what we're looking at early.
if there is one player in the draft that i would cry if our team took...itd be jackson. did he ever make a play at lsu...he has been the next big thing since high school...but he doesnt get it done on the field....i wouldnt touch him on a 3-4 team

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
The raiders have released Gilbril Wilson. Boy, I would love to put him back there next to Hamlin and we could focus on OL & DL early in the draft.

definately not my top guy...i think he has played well because of the talented coordinators hes worked with rather than talent...he was awful before spags went to the giants....while he wouldnt be a bad addition i think his costcost will outweigh his production

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

I liked what Wilson did when he played for the Giants, but not sure I would want him back there in our secondary.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
I liked what Wilson did when he played for the Giants, but not sure I would want him back there in our secondary.
He was universally hated in NY but another Al Davis FA move.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez that Marion Barber contract is looking real good now isn't it. No it won't get in the way of resigning the likes of Chris Canty. Not at all.[/End Sarcasm]

On an unrelated note. I can't find news of Gbril Wilson already being cut? Has anyone survived the Raider's FA signings last year?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Geez that Marion Barber contract is looking real good now isn't it. No it won't get in the way of resigning the likes of Chris Canty. Not at all.[/End Sarcasm]

On an unrelated note. I can't find news of Gbril Wilson already being cut? Has anyone survived the Raider's FA signings last year?

Yea because that money was much better spent on a declining 34 year old LT, Barber is 25 years old, he has nothing to do with the way Jerry threw his money around, and quite honestly Canty didn't need to get Tommie Kelly money from us anyway, not even if we did have the room because he's just not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Cowboys S Roy Williams is willing to re-do his contract to stay in Dallas.
The Cowboys don't have anyone to replace him, so Williams could come back at a reduced rate. Either way, the team will be targeting safeties in the upcoming draft.
Almost got me back there on his bandwagon with that gesture. I wonder whether Jerry is going to take him up on that or what?

What's Roy scheduled to earn this year and through the rest of his contract? And what do you guys think he's willing to back down too?(at which point do you think it would be worth it to keep him on the roster?)
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys last ditch effort to sign Canty failed as expected...Canty hitting the open market means he's as good as gone.

and Jerry Jones talked about the salary cap a bit today and once again he said he would be surprised if we made a big splash in FA. Perhaps if Lewis doesnt re-sign with the Ravens (which is still unlikely) he'll open up the wallet but, I doubt it. He acknowledged how tight things are and how important it is to re-sign Ware.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

i dont get why it is such a big priority to sign ware now...why not do what oakland did with aso....that would give us about 10mill in cap space and a possibility of 16mill depending on cuts....that would have allowed us to make a splash...i dont see the reason personally he likes it here and is a pretty standup guy so i dont get why we are forcing the issue

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta keep your boys happy...Ware has certainly outplayed that rookie contract and you never know who would hold out these days. Honestly, I dont think Ware would ever do that but, this is the way of the league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

adding a player like peppers or haynesworth would actually be doable with our money....if i was ware id wait to bring in a player like that....

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like Ray Lewis really wants to come here and although I'm on the fence on that signing it sounds like he wants to come here as well and has been talking to TO and Ware quite a bit lately and Ray said it was always a dream to wear the star on his helmet.

I'd be fine with bringing him in if we drafted a replacement in the middle rounds to groom because who knows when he will start to decline, but I do think he could help our defense...Bring in Ray, draft a DE and a Safety early would be a good start to that side of the ball.

As far as Canty, just let him walk, teams like Kansas City and Denver that are starting 3-4 defenses and need personnel will definately give him the money he's looking for.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-22-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Ravens still have every intention of re-signing him. Newsome has stood by this since the beginning of the off-season.

and even if Ray were available...I'm not so sure the money works.

Ware's contract is going to eat up most available funds, then you have $4.5-6 million or so invested in tenders, and then the entire draft class. That leaves you with very little wiggle room.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-22-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ray wanting to come here is awesome. Although i dont buy him making much of an impact on the field aside from hold players accountable...he didnt like taking on OL in balt and called out the front office...itll be even worse here then it was then...so im not sold on his on the field production making a difference.

I also dont think we will land him because hell resign with balt...but itll be interesting to see what he chooses.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys... i've been absent lately.. So any news about the FA market? Are we intersted in someone? Who do you expect us to bring? what about our cap situation?

thanks!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Ray Lewis is too expensive for what he is going to give us.

When he doesn't have Ngata keeping him clean, he isn't going to be the same guy.

Basically we'd be paying a **** load of money for a "glue guy" who can be a leader on the field -- yeah that's great an all, but what does Bradie James think? Do you just tell him "hey, we know you've been the leader and you call the plays out there but since Ray Lewis is coming to town we're taking those duties away from you. Your voice no longer means as much because we just bought a really expensive voice that we like better than yours."

That money is better spent going towards Canty or Sean Jones or Igor
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Sean Jones really is a FA? If so, #1 target hands down. Have always loved the guy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was thinking about Sean Jones the other day. Not sure what kind of money his is going to want, but I like him a lot.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought for sure the Browns would have given him some sort of tag.. or given him an extension or something. He's too good to just let go.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I thought for sure the Browns would have given him some sort of tag.. or given him an extension or something. He's too good to just let go.
I wouldn't say no to him, but I'd like to see us nab Chung in the 2nd round if he's still there.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
i remember reading that they were using him in a rotation towards the end of the year and that he had sort of fallen out of favor with the organization.

There have also been rumors that both of his knees are bad, he refuted those reports saying that both knees were fine after surgery, so that is a wildcard in the whole thing.

I think it would be a good idea for Jones and the Cowboys to do a 1 year deal. We can't afford to give out any major contracts outside of Ware and we don't want to commit long term to someone coming off of a bad year with rumors about his health. It would also give Sean and opportunity to build up his value heading into the uncapped year of free agency.

Something similar to what we did with Hamlin wold be ideal. "Play good for a year and we'll hook you up."
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
i remember reading that they were using him in a rotation towards the end of the year and that he had sort of fallen out of favor with the organization.

There have also been rumors that both of his knees are bad, he refuted those reports saying that both knees were fine after surgery, so that is a wildcard in the whole thing.

I think it would be a good idea for Jones and the Cowboys to do a 1 year deal. We can't afford to give out any major contracts outside of Ware and we don't want to commit long term to someone coming off of a bad year with rumors about his health. It would also give Sean and opportunity to build up his value heading into the uncapped year of free agency.

Something similar to what we did with Hamlin wold be ideal. "Play good for a year and we'll hook you up."
Well he's bound to get offers elsewhere, but I guess you can never tell. Preferably, I'd like a 3 year deal with as low a signing bonus as the market demands. You can always cut him. If healthy though, he's a great fit.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well he's bound to get offers elsewhere, but I guess you can never tell. Preferably, I'd like a 3 year deal with as low a signing bonus as the market demands. You can always cut him. If healthy though, he's a great fit.
A 3 year deal would be exciting, but I'm just assuming that we don't have the money to give him what he wants. I just figured a 1 year deal with the promise to extend if he plays well might be the only way to lure him to Dallas.

Either way, he's competent in coverage, big hitter, good in run support and allows us to leave Hamlin at FS which is preferable IMO anyway.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Looks like Canty may end up in Washington:

Quote:
The Redskins reportedly have "significant interest" in free agent DL Chris Canty.
Beat writer Jason La Canfora considers Canty a likelier signing than Albert Haynesworth. Canty (6'7/300) would play left end for the Skins. He'd be asked to occupy blockers on early downs and move to tackle in passing situations.
Source: Washington Post
per roto

Wonder if he'd get gassed up to play us twice a year lol, be nice to see him in a 4-3 too.

Quote: