Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be interesting to see if Roy were to be traded what his value is. I'd say a 6th round pick...which would be just fine with me....and although I don't see a trade happening...just the utter curiosity is killing me.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Well maybe we just throw Bobby Carp in there and live with it? Not really any other options with the salary restrcitions we supposedly have.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Be interesting to see if Roy were to be traded what his value is. I'd say a 6th round pick...which would be just fine with me....and although I don't see a trade happening...just the utter curiosity is killing me.
I got a 4th Rounder and Frank Okam for Roy in the Forum mock. Winner, winner, chicken dinner? I think so. :D

Believe it or not there are teams like the Texans that have a crappier S solution.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Bengals need a S? Reunite him with Zimmer and get a 6th or w/e for him.

thinking out loud
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Do the Bengals need a S? Reunite him with Zimmer and get a 6th or w/e for him.

thinking out loud
This also crossed my mind...bengals haven't been known as a trading organization tho...so I don't see it happening...hard to believe teams will trade for a guy when they know he will be available in FA in the future also.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Last weekend, the Cowboys made an offer to Burnett's agent, Ricky Lefft. Burnett, who excelled in the sub packages in 2008, is looking for a starting job. That could come with the Cowboys, considering the only inside linebackers signed for 2009 are Bradie James and Bobby Carpenter."

"It was not lucrative enough to not go into free agency," Lefft said of the Cowboys' offer. "We've got five to six teams I'm pretty confident in we will talk to."

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
"Last weekend, the Cowboys made an offer to Burnett's agent, Ricky Lefft. Burnett, who excelled in the sub packages in 2008, is looking for a starting job. That could come with the Cowboys, considering the only inside linebackers signed for 2009 are Bradie James and Bobby Carpenter."

"It was not lucrative enough to not go into free agency," Lefft said of the Cowboys' offer. "We've got five to six teams I'm pretty confident in we will talk to."
Bringing Burnett back would really allow us some flexibility this offseason...too bad we couldn't get it to work...he could still stay here tho...have to play the waiting game....could be a lot like Columbo in the past where you wait until they realize the offers aren't what they thought they'd be. Injury plagued player with no starting experience isn't going to be a hot commodity imo...although I think we all know he could be a good player for most teams in the leauge.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The waiting game is right...Burnett's injuries could scare a lot of teams away but, the FA LB class isnt all that good...so his value could be fairly high as well. He saw a lot of playing time to showcase his ability. He could be shunned and come back or he could get a surprisingly larger offer. Just have to wait.

Again the fact that there are a lot more 3-4 teams could hurt us. Even though, it's still not the best fit for Kevin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The waiting game is right...Burnett's injuries could scare a lot of teams away but, the FA LB class isnt all that good...so his value could be fairly high as well. He saw a lot of playing time to showcase his ability. he could be shunned and come back or he could get a surprisingly larger offer. Just have to wait.
Ya, obviously as fans we have a tendency to overrate our teams talent. Burnett is an exception tho imo....he was as important to our defense as Bradie James...which is a pretty big peice...losing him will hurt a bit....his shoes are pretty big to fill from a play caller to a special teamer....I'll go as far as saying his loss will hurt more than Cantys...because atleast we have able bodied vets behind Canty that have proven they can play atleast a time or two.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah seriously, we have this major gap in the middle right now. Only problem with Burnett is the injuries...he can probably be a 3 down player now but, there is still a great deal of risk there. He cannot stay healthy at all.

We also have to remember...if guys like Jacques Reeves can get $20 million, then Burnett may very well get PAID as well on the open market.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah seriously, we have this major gap in the middle right now. Only problem with Burnett is the injuries...he can probably be a 3 down player now but, there is still a great deal of risk there. He cannot stay healthy at all.

We also have to remember...if guys like Jacques Reeves can get $20 million, then Burnett may very well get PAID as well on the open market.
Reeves didn't have the injury concerns and had starting experience and played at a premier position...not saying Burnett won't...just playing devil's advocate.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha...but still, Burnett has played plenty enough to showcase what he can do...and Reeves was terrible, anyone could see that. All he had going for him was speed and that didnt even come in handy. Burnett can actually play. We'll see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was hoping for 6th also and I'd take it, we missed the boat on trading him last off-season but it still makes me happy were trying to move on...I'd gladly take a 6th rounder and run, I was rooting for him to be cut so I'd take anything really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on bringing in Jermaine Phillips to play safety?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Phillips would be a good get.

And I'm starting to think this is not a great draft class of safties so FA might be the best option. I also like Sean Jones and the Sanders kid from NE is very underrated, IMO.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins signed with Denver. Thank god we don't have to play that beast two times a year anymore.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Still waiting for the Cowboys to do something...

I guess they probably wont make any moves until Ware is signed?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Still waiting for the Cowboys to do something...

I guess they probably wont make any moves until Ware is signed?
Maybe...Jerry said a couple of weeks ago that Dallas would probably make some small moves but, they wouldnt be in a real hurry to do so.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Did you guys see that Quincy got arrested again? DWI this time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Interesting to see Renaldo Hill, Eugene Wilson, Gibril Wilson, Yeremiah Bell and Brian Dawkins get locked up before Sean Jones and Jermaine Phillips...

Still probably out of our price range, but there is a small chance that one of them might come for cheaper than expected.

Adding one of those guys and Kevin Burnett (who might not catch the offers he's expecting) could be considered a success to me. That would fill 2 needs and open up the draft a lot for us.

I'm guessing both of those safeties are gone, but from what I've read KB wants to start, which he now has an opportunity to do in Dallas and he may take a small discount to remain here.

I'm sure he'll chase the money if it's a substantial amount, but if he doesn't catch that offer I'm hopeful we can keep him.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SweatThePipe
Rookie

SweatThePipe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If you make a trade like that, you might as well trade Romo for a 7th, and Ware for a bag of chips.

Pretty soon you'll end up with a high school JV team.
SweatThePipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatThePipe View Post
If you make a trade like that, you might as well trade Romo for a 7th, and Ware for a bag of chips.

Pretty soon you'll end up with a high school JV team.
What? Roy Williams (the safety) is garbage and has no trade value.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...be-traded.html

Straight up trade (Romo) and hire Shanahan.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafyobop View Post
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...be-traded.html

Straight up trade (Romo) and hire Shanahan.
Someone tell me when August comes...
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Did you guys know Amendola signed with the Eagles' PS? haha. I didnt even know about this until yesterday, unless I completely forgot. Happened in January.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-01-2009 at 08:03 AM.