Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry's giving a interveiw tonight. Jones also hinted at running back Marion Barber's return to the backup roll in 2009 with second-year back Felix Jones starting. Per BTB. What do you think about Felix being the starter?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Rookie

635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.635 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Jerry's giving a interveiw tonight. Jones also hinted at running back Marion Barber's return to the backup roll in 2009 with second-year back Felix Jones starting. Per BTB. What do you think about Felix being the starter?
That would be a great decision. Barber's running style doesn't allow him to play at his best if he is consistently getting 25-30 caries. The best thing to do would be to get the young cat Felix out there, and then allow barber to deliver the bang in the 4th quarter, with some Tashard choice mixed in there.
635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Felix starting...Marion back in that closer role would be fantastic. The fact that Chris Johnson did so well in a starters' role probably helped our guys make a decision like this as well...if it does happen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-01-2009 at 09:59 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTB? You have a link of that, sounds interesting to me...I'd actually love that as long as Choice can get a few carries also, but Felix can start, he's shown what he can do and he may be more of a home run threat then Chris Johnson.

I just want to make sure Jerry is going to committ to that, or if he's just thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
BTB? You have a link of that, sounds interesting to me...I'd actually love that as long as Choice can get a few carries also, but Felix can start, he's shown what he can do and he may be more of a home run threat then Chris Johnson.

I just want to make sure Jerry is going to committ to that, or if he's just thinking about it.
"In an interview with CBS 11 Sports at the new Cowboys stadium Thursday afternoon, Jerry Jones said the decision on whether Terrell Owens would be on the 2009 Cowboys team has NOT yet been made."

"Jones also hinted at running back Marion Barber's return to the backup roll in 2009 with second-year back Felix Jones starting."

http://cbs11tv.com/cowboys/Dallas.Co....2.945306.html

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2009/...ys-update-brea

That's where the BTB got his info from...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff, interesting about TO also, is Jerry just trying to keep the media guessing or still deciding? I don't see the big deal, if you want TO stop the speculation and tell people so they can move on, I just don't get that one.

But I love the talk of the Rb rotation, we have arguably the best 3 back rotation in the league and Felix + Barber is a helluva combo, utilize all those guys, as long as Garrett gets Felix his touches this season I'm all for it.

Hopefully Felix doesn't have any injury lingering and he comes back much better then what we last saw...But just guessing, but if he starts he won't be doing KR anymore probably right? They were scary enough as it is to put him back there if he starts I doubt it.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah...we better get ourselves a great kick returner this off-season if we plan on taking those duties away from Felix. If he's starting, he wont be returning kicks, that's for sure. Too much work for an offensive starter and of course too risky. Miles will more than likely hold down one of the spots but, we could use a primary return man. Miles wasnt even that good last year and Stanback may not be on the active roster or team with Sam Hurd returning.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the idea of Felix starting. He's best when he has fresh legs and can come in and surprise the defense with big plays. If the idea is to make Barber "the closer"... I don't really like that label... makes it seem like he's only useful as a 4th quarter back. Limiting his carries more is fine by me, but he needs to be used all throughout the game. So with that said, I think Choice should start and then Felix or Barber can come in depending on how the offense wants to change things up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't like the idea of Felix starting. He's best when he has fresh legs and can come in and surprise the defense with big plays. If the idea is to make Barber "the closer"... I don't really like that label... makes it seem like he's only useful as a 4th quarter back. Limiting his carries more is fine by me, but he needs to be used all throughout the game. So with that said, I think Choice should start and then Felix or Barber can come in depending on how the offense wants to change things up.
I think it would be a lot like the Julius/Marion deal. Marion certainly wasnt going to waste and even though, Felix would start...There would probably be plenty of games where Barber was getting the ball more. Felix has a better build to start than Chris Johnson does and Chris showed that he could handle it no problem. Felix should be fine if given this opportunity. It pretty much makes us the Titans but, with a much better bruising back coming in off the bench...and then there is Choice.

As for limiting carries...I think Felix should be getting the ball a hell of a lot more than Choice. If your scenario unfolded...Felix wouldnt be looking at a great deal of carries probably or less than Tashard. We need to get the ball in Jones' hands as much as possible, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
gafyobop
Rookie

gafyobop smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I think Marion Barber is way over paid.
gafyobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Did you guys know Amendola signed with the Eagles' PS? haha. I didnt even know about this until yesterday, unless I completely forgot. Happened in January.
The DMN blog made a post about how maybe one cowboy would make the superbowl back in the conference championship game...but I didn't really commit that to memory I guess.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...In one day we trade Anthony Henry.

I'm fine with this...although what is the big deal with Kitna...I understand he plays with a lot of heart and his teammates like him...but we could have gotten equal talent imo without trading for a guy.

Brooking. Wow....all I got to say is I can't believe we made this move....what the hell are we gonna do if Burnett leaves...our nickel package will have Brooking in it? Christ that sounds awful....I absolutely hate this signing...another locker room signing which is ok...since he was cheaper than Ray Ray....but he is worse in coverage than Bradie is....and I'd rather have Zach Thomas in reality.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Brooking signing means a whole lot. It gives us a veteran guy that can play the position, rack up a few tackles and nothing more. I wouldn't expect his liability in coverage to be much of a concern since he probably won't be on the field on obvious pass situations.

I think the Anthony Henry trade was more of a salary dump than us liking Kitna. I've been saying for quite a while that i would have gotten rid of him a lot faster, and i think that's what Jerry and the crew did. He was making a whole lot of money to get beat like a rag doll in coverage.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't think the Brooking signing means a whole lot. It gives us a veteran guy that can play the position, rack up a few tackles and nothing more. I wouldn't expect his liability in coverage to be much of a concern since he probably won't be on the field on obvious pass situations.

I think the Anthony Henry trade was more of a salary dump than us liking Kitna. I've been saying for quite a while that i would have gotten rid of him a lot faster, and i think that's what Jerry and the crew did. He was making a whole lot of money to get beat like a rag doll in coverage.
....who is going to play in passing situations?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Roy Williams?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James (no other choice) and a combination of Barbie and random guys we draft in the middle rounds. There's not much else to go to, really. Who else were we supposed to sign that cheap?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Roy Williams?
I forgot about this....hmmm I think you're right...depending on how we finish FA off with here....I could definately see him playing that "rover" position again if he is still on the team. Yuck tho...we really should have made a run at Boley tho...5 years 25 million for a guy who is just entering his prime....It makes me sick to think we still haven't addressed our three needs yet.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I forgot about this....hmmm I think you're right...depending on how we finish FA off with here....I could definately see him playing that "rover" position again if he is still on the team. Yuck tho...we really should have made a run at Boley tho...5 years 25 million for a guy who is just entering his prime....It makes me sick to think we still haven't addressed our three needs yet.
Atlanta didn't make much of a run at him, and they're the ones with the most knowledge of his (apparent) deteriorating skill. He looked like he was on his way to stardom, but ask Falcons fans, he had really been on a slide recently. You would imagine that in their situation, they wouldn't be in any position to let linebackers go, and they were pretty comfortable letting him walk for what seems to be a fairly cheap contract.

I don't see how Roy Williams in coverage brings any comfort to anyone. If he played a LB position, he'd still have to be covering TE's and the occasional RB.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty just signed with the Giants. 6 years $42mi with $17.25 in guaranteed money.

So what do we do at DE now? It obviously has to be a top priority in the draft unless we sign someone.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Igor is still available...I haven't heard anything about him...good thing is that after the weekend...if a FA is still sitting out there he is seeing the dollars get smaller...which means we could make a move or two as the prices decrease.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Canty just signed with the Giants. 6 years $42mi with $17.25 in guaranteed money.

So what do we do at DE now? It obviously has to be a top priority in the draft unless we sign someone.
Wow, that is a GIGANTIC salary for him. He doesn't deserve that. Roughly $7M per? Wow. LOL.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Igor is still available...I haven't heard anything about him...good thing is that after the weekend...if a FA is still sitting out there he is seeing the dollars get smaller...which means we could make a move or two as the prices decrease.
I'd like Igor and Sean Jones or Jermaine Philips.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honest thoughts on Canty?

I was never a big fan. Many of you might recall me calling him overrated several times. He's a good run stuffer but not much of pass rusher as far as im concerned. I don't see him routinely getting double teams either.

Whats your thoughts on him?

My hope as a Giants fan is our dline coach, Mike Waufle, who is the best in the business, gets him to realize his potential and make the most of him. Also, with our Dends demanding so much attention, hopefully that will make Canty look better than he really is as a pass rusher.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, wow, some headscratchers by Dallas this offseason.

I don't agree with a lot of things theyre doing. Brooking and Kitna were terrible signings, and I don't think Felix should start over Barber.

Let's be realistic...Felix had 30 carries last season. 30. Thats it. And he went down with injury.

You want to make that guy the starter? Why not 10 touches a game? Starter? I don't get it.

Bad idea imo.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Also, wow, some headscratchers by Dallas this offseason.

I don't agree with a lot of things theyre doing. Brooking and Kitna were terrible signings, and I don't think Felix should start over Barber.

Let's be realistic...Felix had 30 carries last season. 30. Thats it. And he went down with injury.

You want to make that guy the starter? Why not 10 touches a game? Starter? I don't get it.

Bad idea imo.

Let's not get carried away nothing has officially been said on the Felix starting thing, but even still that's just a title, he may "start" but he's not going to get 25 carries a game, it'll still be a RBBC just break it down however you want.

He can handle more then 10 touches a game and he's going into his 2nd year, he doesn't need to be brought along slow at a position as easy as RB.

As far as Kitna I definately wouldn't call it terrible, we needed a back-up as priority and if we were going to cut Henry to keep cost down no biggie...We still have 3 very good corners, and the same hole at SS anyway, Henry wasn't anything special if you have watched him recently...I wanted to see if he could handle safety but he won't be missed at corner what so ever.

Don't like what's going on with Brooking if we let Burnett go but I'll see how that one plays out, considering what we got from Zach last year it won't really be a huge difference one way or another to be honest, we are still drafting an ILB and hopefully someone that unseats him.

Quote: