Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-07-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This site is getting out of control. Doesn't Scott have a webmaster or someone that can stop all the BS? :roll:
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
This site is getting out of control. Doesn't Scott have a webmaster or someone that can stop all the BS? :roll:
Calm down. It's not that serious.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
I will behave.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-07-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

We signed Tony Parrish.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

Albert Camus
Old 12-07-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey I have been trying to post this for a few days but because of some DEBUG thing that pops up everytime I post this is the first time it seems to have worked.

I wanted to comment on Scotts mock and him saying with the Cowboys starting Marc Colombo it speaks volumes about the state of the position. I think Colombo has played very well. I can't even tell you his stats for sacks allowed but I know there aren't that many. I think the Cowboys could replace RG before RT. Rivera was a mistake to sign; not worth the money. At center I think Gurode is fine. At LG Kosier has been OK, but I like him. At LT Flozell Adams has been good but how many years can he go? So I'd say a starting RG and a LT to develop and the O-Line is fine.

Thoughts?
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Hey I have been trying to post this for a few days but because of some DEBUG thing that pops up everytime I post this is the first time it seems to have worked.

I wanted to comment on Scotts mock and him saying with the Cowboys starting Marc Colombo it speaks volumes about the state of the position. I think Colombo has played very well. I can't even tell you his stats for sacks allowed but I know there aren't that many. I think the Cowboys could replace RG before RT. Rivera was a mistake to sign; not worth the money. At center I think Gurode is fine. At LG Kosier has been OK, but I like him. At LT Flozell Adams has been good but how many years can he go? So I'd say a starting RG and a LT to develop and the O-Line is fine.

Thoughts?
For the second time...as if you didn't look at the last page. Take some time and check out the last 3 or so pages so you dont' ask the same topic of discussion that we have talked about for well over a month.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to add a vet Saftey to the mix, but never seen him play much, so my judgment is still to come. But he does have a rating of 85 on Madden :D
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think Parrish will back up Roy at SS, provide veteran depth and hopefully play well on special teams. I know he was really good before the injury, he picked off Bledsoe twice last year and returned one for a TD. I don't think he would be a consideration for FS, he's much more of a SS who is somwhat limited in coverage.

Here's a scouting report of Parrish from the 2006 Sporting News Scouting Guide magazine.

Strengths: Physical and has excellent quickness. Has the upper body strength to play off blocks efficiently and get to balls. Excels at diagnosing the run and has good range.

Weaknesses: Limited in man coverage; can match up with most tight ends and backs but struggles with slot and wide receivers. Lacks top speed.

Bottom Line: Parrish finished last season on injured reserve. The 49ers need his leadership and toughness. Grade 7.8, ranked 20th among safeties
Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parrish??? Eh, not the worst pick up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anybody else hoping Skyler is gone for good this time? After the switch to RB I haven't seen a place for him on this team.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
anybody else hoping Skyler is gone for good this time? After the switch to RB I haven't seen a place for him on this team.
I'm still hoping he can contribute something. I'd hate to have a wasted 4th round pick.

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

I'm hoping Parrish is healthy. If he is, we'll see what he can do. I think it was a good pickup. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't know he was moved to RB :shock:

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2688355

What do you guys think?
Nice call.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

In case anyone needs a gift idea:

http://www.cowboysonlineproshop.com/

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm still hoping he can contribute something. I'd hate to have a wasted 4th round pick.
It's not like 4th round picks are guaranteed players or anything.

Now Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman... Those were complete wastes. You hate to bust on 2nd rounders. 3rd rounders are bustable...but Peterman never even made it in a game as far as I remeber.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:

Now Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman... Those were complete wastes. You hate to bust on 2nd rounders. 3rd rounders are bustable...but Peterman never even made it in a game as far as I remeber.
No, but I think everyone likes to hit on those kind of picks.

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, but that's the nature of drafts that people need to understand. It's not a total waste in a way because we find out that they aren't what we hoped and aren't left wondering what could have been had we not taken them. LOL.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, but that's the nature of drafts that people need to understand. It's not a total waste in a way because we find out that they aren't what we hoped and aren't left wondering what could have been had we not taken them. LOL.
Yeah. We hardly knew ya Skyler!

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
I looked at Scott's new mock, he has us taking Levi Brown to apparently take the place of Colombo.....and he said it speaks volumes about the state of the group that he is starting. Is it just me or has Colombo actually played well this season? I know we could use OL, but I would rather have an OG to replace Rivera than a RT to replace Colombo. Thoughts?
We have about 4 pages accumulated talking about this matter alone...reading back through the pages wouldn't be a bad idea.
Oh really. Thanks for heads up. :roll:

btw I didn't meant to repost that 3 times something was whacky.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts?
For the second time...as if you didn't look at the last page. Take some time and check out the last 3 or so pages so you dont' ask the same topic of discussion that we have talked about for well over a month.
For the second time I didn't see that I already posted it. when I posted this before it said DEBUG or whatever so I thought it didn't work.

And boy I am impressed that you have been talking about this for the last month. You deserve a cookie. I mean golly jee why don't I just crown you king cowboys fan. :D
Old 12-08-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts?
For the second time I didn't see that I already posted it. when I posted this before it said DEBUG or whatever so I thought it didn't work.

And boy I am impressed that you have been talking about this for the last month. You deserve a cookie. I mean golly jee why don't I just crown you king cowboys fan. :D
Just to make it short and sweet, I just said that Columbo's played well, and Scott was way off base with his comments. Just my opinion.

Albert Camus
Old 12-08-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just to make it short and sweet, I just said that Columbo's played well, and Scott was way off base with his comments. Just my opinion.
Thanks! Nice to see what others think.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has been taking pot-shots at Colombo all year long now. It's like he knows something that everyone else doesn't. Call me funny, but when you allow 1 sack all year long (the result of the QB stepping up unexpectedly into the rusher), and have ZERO holding penalties on a line that is near the top of the league in rushing yards despite not having an elite RB.....that should say something.

Stupid ol' Parcells, though, he seems to be under the impression that Colombo has been pretty good. I wish there was a way that Scott could clue him in to just how bad his player is, how does someone get a job as a head coach and not even know his own players?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote