Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think Newman was really out of line...I'll have to re-read it. I always have found that Newman has been pretty on target when he speaks to the public tho.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The truth hurts.

Romo needs to dump that tramp.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The truth hurts.

Romo needs to dump that tramp.
Or Jason Garret could just take advantage of his quarterback. With the quickest release in nfl history you'd think a quick out/slant might be in the playbook...Sparano/Parcells took advantage of this...which also lead to better ball security....Garrett has not.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suck wrong thread.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I didn't think Newman was really out of line...I'll have to re-read it. I always have found that Newman has been pretty on target when he speaks to the public tho.
The issue really isn't whether he's right or wrong. You just don't do that to a teammate. Since when has Romo thrown a teammate under the bus.

If those things need to be said they need to be said in private or by a media member. I think it is chicken s*** of Newman to do this.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
The issue really isn't whether he's right or wrong. You just don't do that to a teammate. Since when has Romo thrown a teammate under the bus.

If those things need to be said they need to be said in private or by a media member. I think it is chicken s*** of Newman to do this.
Well Romo can take this two ways. But Newman also says.

Quote:
Reached Monday, Newman said he doesn't believe the relationship affects Romo, "but the public perception is that it does affect him."

"The thing they don't see is he might go [out of town] but at the same time he comes back and works out," Newman said. "He's been in there the past couple of weeks with the rest of us. Roy Williams and me and a bunch of guys are in there busting our butts, and he's right there with us. They don't see him working out. They don't see what he puts into the preparation."

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone wanna fill me in on all this talk of Newman? Did I miss a story somewhere?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
Someone wanna fill me in on all this talk of Newman? Did I miss a story somewhere?
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ce-newman.html

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I don't have a problem with it. This team got manhandled and raped in the last game of the season. There was too much talking and cry baby **** during the year. Looking back, the team did seem distracted and mentally weak.

How else to you explain the "most talented" team in the NFL missing the playoffs?

...T.O.? hah
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I listened a few times and didn't find fault with what Newman said, it's not like he came out and said "Well Tony struggled because of his GF so that's all there is to it", he just said the perception was worse then it really was.

And my whole thing is, the media asking the questions make a bigger deal out of this crap, how stupid is it to act like a girl is messing up his head...I guess Gisselle is screwing up 6th round pick Tom Brady too huh, or maybe because Jessica always has someone following her that has to be bugging Romo.

Come on, people always want to find the root of the problem, but it's dumb bringing up his relationship into football, if he really likes her what is supposed to break up with her so people THINK that he's taking football more serious? That's stupid, about as dumb as saying the reason Newman had a lapse vs Holmes in the Pitt game on that long 3rd down was because he was thinking about his wife before the play and how good she is in bed.

See how easy it is to just make crap up, Tony can date who he wants to, he's not the first or last guy to date a celebrity, people just get bored and run out of questions so they want to stir up ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post

JJT hit it on the head.

http://jacquestaylorblog.dallasnews....the-locke.html

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't seem like Newman said anything bad to me. It just seems that he said that people think the public perception hurts Romo. It didn't sound like he was down talking Tony in my eyes. Some people make it seem like he said something like, "Tony needs to let go of Jessica. She's making him suck!"

And even if that happens I really don't care if Tony's feelings are hurt, or if Newman crossed the line. Now I'm not saying that it's right to trash talk each other, but I'm saying nothing said outside the field matters to what happens on the field. If Romo throws a pick it's not because he's upset with Newman talking bad about his girlfriend, it's because he made the wrong read or threw the wrong pass. I'm just not buying this whole thing though. It just seems like something people want to stir up to say that there's drama with the Cowboys. Terence Newman could've said that Tony Romo is the best QB in the game, and ESPN would say that TNew is dissing Marion barber because they didn't make the playoffs.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
FearTheSpur
Rookie

FearTheSpur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I would say its 80% we pick him up. Jerry has a huge man crush on this kid.
Indeed, Jerry loves this kid. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we pick him up.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Who cares... If Romo doesn't like it, let him prove the doubters wrong.

The Tony apologists are starting to get a little annoying. I love the guy, but I have my questions about him. I think he's a good QB and there are only a few guys I'd take over him, but he needs to prove that he doesn't choke and that the spotlight isn't too big for him.

He needs to be a leader. He needs to make this his team and hold guys accountable. If you won't do that, then maybe all the talk is warranted.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I have been to sites where people are ripping the hell out of Romo for his comments after the eagle loss and how he isn't a leader. Irvin always said that if he was complaining or something, that Aikmen would tell him to ****. Romo would never do that to TO. Brady would, Manning would.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/shuffle.htm
Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Who cares... If Romo doesn't like it, let him prove the doubters wrong.

The Tony apologists are starting to get a little annoying. I love the guy, but I have my questions about him. I think he's a good QB and there are only a few guys I'd take over him, but he needs to prove that he doesn't choke and that the spotlight isn't too big for him.

He needs to be a leader. He needs to make this his team and hold guys accountable. If you won't do that, then maybe all the talk is warranted.
Agree with what this guy says. Also, I'm glad to see this kind of thing in the media from a Cowboy. Usually everyone stays quiet in the offseason except Greg Ellis, and all he wants to talk about is how bad the organization is treating him.

So for Newman to be talking frankly about the team multiple times this offseason speaks to me about where he is as a leader on the team. I feel like Newman is speaking for a large contingent of that team, or he wouldn't be saying it at all, and he's using the media to call out things that need to be called out. People need to be held accountable, and if everyone can't be gotten on the same page privately, maybe publicly challenging someone is the next step.

I don't have a problem with Newman saying essentially, Romo could be more focused. He's telling the truth. He's not saying "I don't think Romo can make NFL-type throws" or "This game moves too fast for him". Newman knows, like we all do that Romo is talented and smart enough to play the game. But his dedication and focus wavered very publicly - to the detriment of the entire team.

I wonder where Bradie James stands on all of this as the consensus captain of the D.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't doubt that you guys may have calling it all night, but did it work prior to the int? What were the results to that? You guys had the lead at throughout so something was working until the wheels came off? How do you know Romo made the right read on that play? What if like I pmed you or was it D-unit, that he just disgarded his read and just throw it to someone he thought was open? Didn't TO get mad because he was wide open? I actually remember watching that game, and they showed TO flip out on someone because he was open. This was the Steelers game I am talking about. What did the position coaches upstars tell Jason G.? Did they tell him to run the play because of prior success? It may be Garrett's fault, and if it is, then you're right, but my point is that in football there is always other variables. And sadly, fans are not privy to all of that stuff, but the weird thing is, in the fan culture of football, bashing or praising players and coaches without having ALL the information is the norm. In my opinion it's weird, and interesting at the same time.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

The way I read the Newman quote was that he was saying that public perception is hurting Romo...or the public perception IS that Jessica is hurting Romo. He is NOT saying that Romo is unfocused solely because of his love life.

There are two reasons this thing didn't get blown out of proportion. The first is that it's Terrence Newman, not TO or some other offensive player; the second is that it's really not a big deal (ie, something the media can't really make a big deal out of). The worst criticism that can be made is JJT's (posted above), that Newman broke "the code."
Old 03-17-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I don't doubt that you guys may have calling it all night, but did it work prior to the int? What were the results to that? You guys had the lead at throughout so something was working until the wheels came off? How do you know Romo made the right read on that play? What if like I pmed you or was it D-unit, that he just disgarded his read and just throw it to someone he thought was open? Didn't TO get mad because he was wide open? I actually remember watching that game, and they showed TO flip out on someone because he was open. This was the Steelers game I am talking about. What did the position coaches upstars tell Jason G.? Did they tell him to run the play because of prior success? It may be Garrett's fault, and if it is, then you're right, but my point is that in football there is always other variables. And sadly, fans are not privy to all of that stuff, but the weird thing is, in the fan culture of football, bashing or praising players and coaches without having ALL the information is the norm. In my opinion it's weird, and interesting at the same time.
Have a tough night out at the bar? What's the mumbling about?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
The way I read the Newman quote was that he was saying that public perception is hurting Romo...or the public perception IS that Jessica is hurting Romo. He is NOT saying that Romo is unfocused solely because of his love life.

There are two reasons this thing didn't get blown out of proportion. The first is that it's Terrence Newman, not TO or some other offensive player; the second is that it's really not a big deal (ie, something the media can't really make a big deal out of). The worst criticism that can be made is JJT's (posted above), that Newman broke "the code."
What's the story between Tony and Jessica anyways? Are they going to get married soon? Is this a dead end? Predictions???
Old 03-17-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Have a tough night out at the bar? What's the mumbling about?
It's a continuation from the Cutler thread...we didnt want to keep hijacking that one. I really cant answer every question he poses, the game was a while ago and I cant remember every play called on what down and what not. It's not real fresh in the memory. I'd rather not keep re-hashing these games either. haha. He keeps trying to make a case for Garrett...we all understand that there are many variables and a lot goes on that the fans cant perceive or see but, there really is no denying the fact that Garrett did a bad job last year. And in his case, it's hard to make a really good argument because, he wasnt that familiar with the playcalling/scheming in question. That's not to say, I dont like going back and fourth with him. One of the smarter posters on here....one of my new buddies. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What's the story between Tony and Jessica anyways? Are they going to get married soon? Is this a dead end? Predictions???
I'm not much into the whole celebrity scene (not their personal lives, atleast) or heavy TMZ watching but, from the tidbits I've gathered, they seem pretty close to tying the knot.

He should tell her not until he wins a SB. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I didn't know what that was about so yeah, I guess that makes better sense now.

...but I'm sure there is not once ounce of bias behind his defense of Garrett is there... :D
Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont even know why Newman wants to be all talkative now. He's just causing more problems even if his heart is the right place, most of the time. But, why even call out the blitzing schemes and such? We lead the league in sacks by a fairly large margin. He said, they were calling our blitzers out at the line. Well um, they obviously didnt stop them, regardless if they were or not. I dont know exactly what is fueling or motivating Newman right now but, I honestly dont think it's in the best interest of the team to be throwing all this out to the media. This is what Ellis does when he is disgruntled. I dont know what Newman's deal is right now. I'm sure he doesnt mean much by the things he has said lately but, it would be nice to go a little while without someone else causing more drama. Deliberately or not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-17-2009 at 02:37 PM.