Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And the thing is, its not just Scott. A lot of people out there misunderstand the Cowboys offensive line. It is not that bad. You can credit most of Bledsoe's sacks to who else, Drew Bledsoe. Nobody can protect a statue, and that's literally what Drew Bledsoe was. He had the worst pocket presence of any starter in the league. He could not step up or around, all he could do was trip over himself. Now that Romo is in that is no longer a problem. Colombo has done a good job, along with Flo/Ko and Gurode. I still don't like Rivera that much. I think he was overpaid to come here and hurt his back on a tread mill, then never be the same.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys should nab Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd round. He's a plow at OG, and reminds me of Larry Allen. He's not as good of course, but he'd be a monster in the run game. And with his strength, maybe he can help Flo out on the leftside and allow Flo to concentrate more on the outside speed rush.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

well, it looks like the Cowboys are looking at quarterback Tommy Maddox.

credit: DMN
Old 12-08-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I met this girl at a party. I was wearing my Dallas Cowboys hat, and she said "Hey! My cousin used to play for them!" I said, "Who is he?" Turns out she's Stephen Peterman's cousin. Pretty cool.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
So, I met this girl at a party. I was wearing my Dallas Cowboys hat, and she said "Hey! My cousin used to play for them!" I said, "Who is he?" Turns out she's Stephen Peterman's cousin. Pretty cool.
Hey that is pretty cool.....wish I could meet someone who was connected with the Boys at one time.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:10 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I think you guys should nab Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd round. He's a plow at OG, and reminds me of Larry Allen. He's not as good of course, but he'd be a monster in the run game. And with his strength, maybe he can help Flo out on the leftside and allow Flo to concentrate more on the outside speed rush.
He has been my second choice behind Blalock since season started. I would love to get him.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
He has been my second choice behind Blalock since season started. I would love to get him.
I really like him, too. I'd take him in the 2nd. If he falls to the third, and we don't take him, I'm going to be so mad.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should address OG in FA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Not sure if you guys heard this but Newman and Canty exchanged punches in the locker room. I guess Canty threw Newman's clothes on the floor while T-New was gone, then when Newman came back he asked who done it and he was told Canty did so he threw Canty's stuff on the floor. This resulted in the fight. It was broken up rather quickly though, and it doesn't seem like it will become that big of a deal.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
/agreed

I hate to beat a dead horse...but it seems that this is direction we are going. If we address OG in the draft. Who is the leader of our OL. Flo?Koiser?Gurode?Columbo none of those guys have the name of a leader imo. Take a look around the league at the top OLs.

A quick example. Living in the midwest I'm forced to have a vikings game on TV every sunday. So I have a pretty good idea at what happens with them. You'll notice last year their line was in total disarray. Why is this? Because their leader of their ol was out for the year. Now they don't have that great of a OL this year....but they are playing better as a unit. Also factor in that they are learning a new blocking scheme doesn't make things any easier.

My point is...you need a leader at every level. In the secondary...how good did they play with Woodson back there. In the LB corps Bradie is diong a great job. On the DL Furgy is doing a decent job...like to see more aggression to his teammate from time to time. This is where Roy needs to step up in the secondary. When their our blown coverages it should be his fault. Because he is the leader out there...between him and bradie everything should be lined up. Thats why the veteran pressence of Glenn is somewhat underrated. When he is in there he knows what to do in every situation. Thats why I would really love to get a young guy in there to learn from our veteran unit.

Bottom line is....an OL needs a leader. Romo can point out blitzers but we need a guy would can call blocking schemes at the line and do it correctly. That comes from experience. Personally I'm looking for a 28-29 year old guy who has about 5-7 years of starting experience.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Not sure if you guys heard this but Newman and Canty exchanged punches in the locker room. I guess Canty threw Newman's clothes on the floor while T-New was gone, then when Newman came back he asked who done it and he was told Canty did so he threw Canty's stuff on the floor. This resulted in the fight. It was broken up rather quickly though, and it doesn't seem like it will become that big of a deal.
Well guess Newman isn't as smart as we thought he was. I mean c'mon Newman tried to fight Canty? Bad decision.

Got thinking, lets just blame it on TO I mean its his fault and he's tearing the team apart.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Yeah but then again Newman is pretty quick he could just Jackie-Chan Canty's arse.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Number-94

The Rumble in the Jungle II.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Eric Steinbach?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Spears and Canty were both involved in different "scuffles" early in the week. Didn't say who Canty's was with, so maybe it was Newman.

As long as Spears and Canty are getting more aggressive I am happy, as long as they don't take anybody out for gameday.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Spears and Canty were both involved in different "scuffles" early in the week. Didn't say who Canty's was with, so maybe it was Newman.

As long as Spears and Canty are getting more aggressive I am happy, as long as they don't take anybody out for gameday.
Canty's scuffle was with Cory Proctor.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-09-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

where did that info come from? i hope its not a big deal, the last thing we need is the team losing its unity.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
where did that info come from? i hope its not a big deal, the last thing we need is the team losing its unity.
Was from The Dallas Morning News. I just hope he brings this attitude to the game tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Eric Steinbach?
I dunno...

I like Vince Manuwai, but I doubt the Jags let him see the light of FA.

Any of these guys would be cool too.
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kris Dielman, UFA, San Diego

One guy who I really like is Jordan Black. He's been playing tackle, but he also has NFL experience at RG too. I like him A LOT for us and I do think he'll test his unrestricted free agency.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Eric Steinbach?
I dunno...

One guy who I really like is Jordan Black. He's been playing tackle, but he also has NFL experience at RG too. I like him A LOT for us and I do think he'll test his unrestricted free agency.
Black and Dockery are both hometown boys who might legitimately want to come home to play for the Cowboys.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Eric Steinbach?
I dunno...

Black and Dockery are both hometown boys who might legitimately want to come home to play for the Cowboys.
And the're both pretty young. No more 30 something O-linemen signings.

Albert Camus
Old 12-10-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Aints are going to get a beating similar to the one we handed them in preseason! :)

Off to the game now.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
The Aints are going to get a beating similar to the one we handed them in preseason! :)

Off to the game now.
Lucky bastard :)

Albert Camus
Old 12-10-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

....And that is why Julius is the starter.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
....And that is why Julius is the starter.
Found it funny that TO caught them all.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote