Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yes, please find me any post where I was loving on Roy Williams. ha. Either of them.
Impossible b/c you never posted on the Roy thread. So your thoughts are undocumented in the thread from back-in-the-day.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
EDIT: I can see folks now "moving the goal posts" by taking the position prove "I loved" Roy.
lol. I dont even know what Roy thread you're talking about and yes I am just like you and have twenty different aliases. This my only account bucko. You're a joke who only cares about internet credit. Funny thing is, the majority of fans on here didnt like Roy Williams. But of course in your mind, you're the only one and the first one to hate Roy here. Yup, Rob right as always. hahahahahahahaha. You're blind to boot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They also said Austin dropped some passes but was also the most explosive receiver who made a few circus catches and was running away from DBs. But here we/they are again talking Stanback and Hurd as if they really matter beyond 3/4/5 -- the Austin dislike runs deep. I wish the same folks who hate him b/c of his drops would hate TO.

Meh.
I dont dislike Austin, he's a Dallas Cowboy. I'm rooting for him and I expect him to win the starting job. Hope I gets my propz when he wins it. HA. Who do I sound like? :D If you would read, I have been saying that since the off-season began. Do I think Crayton or Hurd can win that job? For sure but, Austin has the upper hand and from a coaching or front office perspective, that is the guy they want to win it.

And if you were talking about the DMN Blog hating on Austin...PLEASEEEEEEE, they have the biggest man crush on Austin and his measurables.

I also said, it didnt mean anything. It's early OTA's there should be some rust, I'm just happy that Sam has come out looking sharp after his ankle surgery.

You def. come off as one of those "fans" who's opinion on something will never change despite seeing positive or negative results. Seems like you root more to be right than for your team to do well. Once again, you're a joke and I have no idea why you come back because, 9/10 posters are just annoyed by you and your constant lust for the almighty internet cred. I normally dont speak up on the matter but, gahhh. It's always the same thing with you. The funniest thing, though is that you are not nearly as right as you always think your are. And your draft "knowledge" is comprised of reading other people's scouting reports. Where as you try to bash me, someone who has actually seen these guys play and has formulated an actual opinion on the player. If you dont know about something or someone, dont comment on it, it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. If i dont know about a prospect, I wont say a peep, what good would I be? If I know about him, I'll give you guys all the info I have on the guy. I've never blocked a poster before but, I'm getting close. Love that you often neg rep me also. First of all, it's grey and second of all it's rep, so I dont care. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-20-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I will say that Rob had called out the demise or Roy Williams before anyone else did... Or at least before anyone else was willing to admit it and give up on him.

I remember specifically because I had some of the same sentiments and I was trying to figure out which jersey I wanted to buy and my roommates were saying "Roy Williams bro, he's the best player on your team" and I was pretty mehh because I had watched big hits disappear and coverage liability increase...

I know Rob and I are 2 of the more critical posters on here and we're quick to call players out. Just like I called Bobby Carpenter a loser bust before anyone else wanted to admit it (some still won't; he's just in the "wrong system") or calling Marcus Spears a complete loser or saying Henry was done and had no place at FS. We have an advantage at "calling it" when players go south. We're just not as optimistic as most on here.

To our credit, I'm pretty positive that there hasn't been a player that we've harped on as sucking who proved us wrong to this point? I don't remember, someone tell me if we have.

I'll add this too, when communicating over PMs with Rob he told me he thinks Roy Williams will be better for the offense than T.O. -- He said it's better to have a guy that will get 8 or 9 catches a game and move the chains than a guy who will have 3 or 4 25+ yard plays...

So there is a bit of a prediction for anyone who wants to keep score.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Who cares who says what first? Most of us shared those sentiments. The constant badgering and pleading for a pat on the back get's old. Rob makes some good posts every now and then but, it's all brought down as a whole when he keeps reverting back to his old self. We all get our share of things right and we all get the first good comment in here but we dont all come on here constantly asking for some major internet kudos. It's like every other post. gah. It's not like he's a stranger to personal attacks either. Meh, I shouldnt have gone with the personal attack, myself...sorry. But, enough is enough already. How many times does this need to be expressed by a plethera of posters? geez. I guess the internet really is serious business.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I'm just trying to give everyone their due and settle it down in here. I can play peace maker too. haha.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who cares who says what first? Most of us shared those sentiments. The constant badgering and pleading for a pat on the back get's old. Rob makes some good posts every now and then but, it's all brought down as a whole when he keeps reverting back to his old self. We all get our share of things right and we all get the first good comment in here but we dont all come on here constantly asking for some major internet kudos. It's like every other post. gah. It's not like he's a stranger to personal attacks either. Meh, I shouldnt have gone with the personal attack, myself...sorry. But, enough is enough already. How many times does this need to be expressed by a plethera of posters? geez. I guess the internet really is serious business.

Exactly, that's the whole thing, he's always bringing up stuff from 3 years ago like and wants to puff his chest out and say "I said it first while you fannie boys were rooting him on", he has the same remarks about RW every few weeks like it's nothing new.

He doesn't want to talk about how he badgered us to draft Sidney Rice for a "red zone weapon" and how we were so stupid not to do it...Give it a few more weeks, then anything positive said you will be a "fan boy", and it will go back to Jerry Jones being terrible, Parcells being God, RW sucks and I told you guys first along with Spears, Abram Elams, etc etc etc.

Then he gets banned once he doesn't care anymore, and he comes back in two weeks...Same story, I wouldn't even read his post if you guys didn't quote him, I've got the same person on ignore under 5+ names at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I think the reason he brings it back up though is because he gets flamed extremely hard.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but he's had a lot of ideas on here where he's gotten flamed like crazy so when that idea he had starts to materialize (Roy sucking, Spears being tried at NT, etc..) I think it's more of a "so I guess I wasn't so crazy after all" to start and then it turns into something more.

I get it more because I get criticized a lot more than you guys. I say stuff that's pretty far out there and get flamed for it (not necessarily in here, but on other threads) so when I'm right, I like to come back and say **** you, who's the idiot now?

Just my viewpoint.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I think the reason he brings it back up though is because he gets flamed extremely hard.
And by the same posters every time.

Quote:
I think it's more of a "so I guess I wasn't so crazy after all" to start and then it turns into something more.
True.

Quote:
so when I'm right, I like to come back and say **** you, who's the idiot now?
Thank you.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
.... Most of us shared those sentiments. ...
Add that is what is irksome. The flat out inaccuracy. Um, NO MOST DID NOT! They certainly did not share the sentiments Roy was done.

History, invented yesterday, always tastes good.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Add that is what is irksome. The flat out inaccuracy. Um, NO MOST DID NOT! They certainly did not share the sentiments Roy was done.

History, invented yesterday, always tastes good.
Well unless you're talking years ago. But opinions obviously change in time, atleast they do for normal people...who has been praising Roy Williams for the last two years or so? Because, I honestly cannot recall.

and again, just because, my name isnt in one thread about Roy Williams means I loved the guy or wanted him here? Love that logic. I've wanted him gone as well for quite a while and have expressed that in many a posts scattered about in many a threads.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Just remembered.

Bradie James is a guy I was wrong about.

He had a fringe pro bowl year last year, which I never saw coming. I don't think he's ever going to be a "pro-bowl play maker" but he's certainly exceeded his expectations as a 4th round draft choice and he's done better than I thought he could.

Hope he keeps it up. Ill eat that crow.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just remembered.

Bradie James is a guy I was wrong about.

He had a fringe pro bowl year last year, which I never saw coming. I don't think he's ever going to be a "pro-bowl play maker" but he's certainly exceeded his expectations as a 4th round draft choice and he's done better than I thought he could.

Hope he keeps it up. Ill eat that crow.
Ha, you beat me to it lol, I thought about that at work and came back to post as a reminder :) Granted he's not an elite type of guy, but if can continue to be a vocal leader(which we do need), and perform to the level of last year I'll be happy.

Let's see how he follows it up though.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but he's had a lot of ideas on here where he's gotten flamed like crazy so when that idea he had starts to materialize (Roy sucking, Spears being tried at NT, etc..) I think it's more of a "so I guess I wasn't so crazy after all" to start and then it turns into something more.

I get it more because I get criticized a lot more than you guys. I say stuff that's pretty far out there and get flamed for it (not necessarily in here, but on other threads) so when I'm right, I like to come back and say **** you, who's the idiot now?

Just my viewpoint.

Rob is over playing that whole RW thing, yes there were people here who thought he could still play, but for one, Rob wasn't the first person on earth who thought Roy sucked, and he carries around this whole cocky and brash attitude like he was the first genius to figure that out.

ALOT of people around here felt that way, but we knew it was pointless to really argue about because a few years ago we knew his contract was going to make it hard for him to go, and he'd probably have to start....There were alot more of us that wanted him to just play running downs, and felt he could still make an impact there and force fumbles.

Yes he was right, but I don't think he got "flamed" for anything, people disagreed with him, that's what we do around here...Me and MOTH disagree on probably everything, or at least 90% of things but there is a certain way you can go about it.

Everyone here can play that same song and dance, go back and say what they called right, but Rob also had ALOT of things wrong to, so what makes him so special? Why do we always have to get into a RW argument when he comes around? OK, get your "haha I was right you were wrong" comments in, but we have heard his over and over and over now.

If he's discussing something new, fine, but he's like deja vu all over again talking about the same stuff and telling everybody they are/were wrong.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Anyway does anyone like Marcus Dixon? We stashed him away and were supposedly excited about him, he's someone that I'm tabbing to keep my eye on in Training Camp.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If he's discussing something new, fine, but he's like deja vu all over again talking about the same stuff and telling everybody they are/were wrong.
Again, another flat out lie presented as facts and fact is folks here go bonkers whenever I present a new thought. If only RW was the last of it.

Anyone remember me killing Romo for mechanics and ball security? How he had problems with the ball in cold and wet weather? Oh man, another one I got hammered on but I was .......

NEW? Draft was horrid. RW is better than TO b/c he can get first downs on a more consistent basis with less drama. TO is shot. Jenkins is a better FS fit. Martellus will self destruct. We have one too many RBs and will lose one to FA b/c of a too big contract for MBIII. Kosier is a difference maker in the OL in spite of his short comings. Meatball is still a moron and will be fired this year. Romo will be much better this year but still has ball security issues in the cold and wet weather. Our MLB will lose us 2 games this season with their over pursuit and bad angles. Our Secondary is much better and we might lead the league in sacks. Our run D will melt down like last year b/c we have a DE playing NT and running one-gap with mediocre MLB. Jerry will have a melt down this season on camera. If Carp actually plays OLB again-- he will make a difference. Spencer is a bust b/c he is a head case. Most of these rookies will make the team and do nothing b/c Jerry wants to keep validating his picks.

I could go on and on and on.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jenkins is a better FS fit.
I think he did alright considering teams would rather throw on him than Henry or T-New.... We also had pacman last year who didn't do as bad as most make it out to be unless you are talking returns.

Weird fact - I just saw that Jenkins was born in Neuenburg, Germany. Didn't know that.

Quote:
Martellus will self destruct.
He will do nothing but the opposite. He has incredible talent and we saw flashes of it his first season.

Quote:
We have one too many RBs and will lose one to FA b/c of a too big contract for MBIII.
Unfortunaltely you are right. I don't really think there is a question in who. Barber, Felix, or Choice... HMMMMMM.

Quote:
Kosier is a difference maker in the OL in spite of his short comings.
Maybe, but to be honest EVERYONE on our line is a difference maker. Kosier was just better than the garbage we had behind him. To be honest I really think Holland could hold his own there if he had to.

Quote:
Meatball is still a moron and will be fired this year.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr makes this defense amazing and Jason Garrett gets the axe?

Quote:
Romo will be much better this year but still has ball security issues in the cold and wet weather.
Again, I hope you are wrong but I doubt it, I wish he'd go Warner style and put some gloves on maybe that'll help. Small hands?

Quote:
Most of these rookies will make the team and do nothing b/c Jerry wants to keep validating his picks.
Who does he do that with now? And most probably will because they came to replace the terrible depth we have. I for one am excited about Butler, Williams (Jason and Brandon) and Mickens.

Quote:
Spencer is a bust b/c he is a head case.
Because he got wasted one night? Or for some other reason that only you know?

Quote:
Our run D will melt down like last year b/c we have a DE playing NT and running one-gap with mediocre MLB.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

We were 12th in run defense last year. BUT WAIT, we were also 21st in run offense, is that going to be a problem this year? If you are looking at the Ravens 2 big run plays then I guess I see where you are coming from. I don't have the numbers but I don't think a lot of them were up the middle. As for the MLB I can't disagree, I'm tired of bringing in these old geezers.

Quote:
Jerry will have a melt down this season on camera.
Just talking out of your ass.

Quote:
I could go on and on and on.
Please do so.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Just talking out of your ass.
So are you and everyone else here but I don't see you insulting them ... oh wait, you agree with them as do most ever-green Cowboy fans.

And with respect to Run D, you must have missed the the following games in addition to Ravens (pom poms must get in the way I guess) ....

G-Men week 9.
Redskins week 4.
St Louis week 7.
Philly week 17.

We got rolled and rolled EARLY.

Great Defense might get burned with big passes but never with the run.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 05-21-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anyway does anyone like Marcus Dixon? We stashed him away and were supposedly excited about him, he's someone that I'm tabbing to keep my eye on in Training Camp.
I think they like him, and let's not forget about Salivii. He's a guy that was drafted in the 2nd round and started 12 games, I think, for KC. He has some issues and was out of football for a while, but word is he has matured and the coaches really like him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have some good defensive convo goin on in here. I wish I could quote everything and talk in detail, but I just don't have that time right now.

A quick sidenote I want to discuss with you guys: I'm probably the minority in this belief, but I think the Cowboys would actually benefit from converting to a 4-3 defense.

Ratliff is a beast, but he'd be an even bigger beast as a 4-3 UT. Ware is a monster regardless of where you throw him.

And a 4-3 front will help alleviate the issue at NT. Igor would make a very stoute 4-3 NT, as would Marcus Spears. I personally believe Spears could salvage his career as a 4-3 NT.

Spencer and Ellis can rotate at DE.

Your LB core could then be quicker and smaller, and do a better job covering those intermediate routes.

In the 3-4, you still need a true NT, you need another pressure DE, and you have issues at ILB. A simple switch to a 4-3 front I think solves a lot of issues.

And for those worried about this effecting Ware's versatility, I don't see how it would. Ware can be just as versatile as a DE as he would as a LB. He can still drop in coverage on zone blitzes, and you can move him along the dline like we do with Tuck. I see no reason why he can't do that as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We have some good defensive convo goin on in here. I wish I could quote everything and talk in detail, but I just don't have that time right now.

A quick sidenote I want to discuss with you guys: I'm probably the minority in this belief, but I think the Cowboys would actually benefit from converting to a 4-3 defense.

Ratliff is a beast, but he'd be an even bigger beast as a 4-3 UT. Ware is a monster regardless of where you throw him.

And a 4-3 front will help alleviate the issue at NT. Igor would make a very stoute 4-3 NT, as would Marcus Spears. I personally believe Spears could salvage his career as a 4-3 NT.

Spencer and Ellis can rotate at DE.

Your LB core could then be quicker and smaller, and do a better job covering those intermediate routes.

In the 3-4, you still need a true NT, you need another pressure DE, and you have issues at ILB. A simple switch to a 4-3 front I think solves a lot of issues.

And for those worried about this effecting Ware's versatility, I don't see how it would. Ware can be just as versatile as a DE as he would as a LB. He can still drop in coverage on zone blitzes, and you can move him along the dline like we do with Tuck. I see no reason why he can't do that as well.
I'm pretty sure Jerry is sold on the 3-4. I would imagine he will not give up until he views himself as successful in building one.

Plus, even though most people think Ware would be fine where ever (I do), I don't think Jerry would risk it.

And I know this is still unlikely, but D has been pointing it out for awhile and the pieces are starting to fall into place for Wade to be demoted to DC.

I still have my doubts that Wade is that big of a *****, but you never know...
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think they like him, and let's not forget about Salivii. He's a guy that was drafted in the 2nd round and started 12 games, I think, for KC. He has some issues and was out of football for a while, but word is he has matured and the coaches really like him.
If he stays healthy Junior is a lock to make the team. His only competition was Anderson and he's out for a long while now. Dixon would either be a 5th end or would have to beat out Bowen. After the season Bowen just had...that wont happen. But again, if they like him enough and feel they can do it, maybe he's a 5th DE.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-21-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

It doesn't inspire much confidence with the fans when you have to go sign someone like Jonus Seawright to fill in as depth at the 2nd most important position on your defense.

It's just pathetic that some retread like Saivaii (sp?) and this fat whale we brought in is all we have behind Ratliff.

If he got injured, what would we do?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanback is out again. Knee surgery this time. Per DMN....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Saw that.

Bust.

He'll be back before the start of training camp though, so he'll still have a chance to show something.

Seems like a lost cause at this point.