Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm just really put off by Kitna's age. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Brad Johnson last year. He's an upgrade over Brad, but I'm scared that his arm has nothing left.

I'm too lazy to go look up the link, but during the first week of OTAs, the DMN blog reported that Kitna's arm appeared to be nothing to worry about, that it looked way stronger than Brad Johnson's.

I wasn't thrilled about Kitna either, but I do think he's an upgrade over Johnson, and can be a bus driver for us for a few games if necessary. Let's face it, no matter who our backup is, if we lose Tony for an extended period of time it'll be time to immediately start planning for the 2010 season.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Id take David Carr over Jon Kitna at this point in their careers any day.

Carr is more mobile, has a bigger arm, and has actually somewhat revitalized his career under the Giants. He's actually pretty damn good for a backup qb, and if you ask any Giants fans, we'd like to keep him long term if it was possible.

Kitna doesn't fix anything. The man's arm is shot. And you guys run a heavily vertical passing game. So how is he any improvement over Johnson? Theyre the same player.

You needed a big armed back up. He's not that. Being a veteran doesn't mean jack if you suck. And at this point in his career, Kitna sucks. Chris Simms would have been a much better option. Simms has an arm, and playoff experience. He was relatively good during that one year when Gruden didn't ruin his development.

And supposedly he turned his career around in Tennessee. I wouldve nabbed him for the right price.

I know its a dumb argument, because usually when your star qb gets hurt for a long period of time, you're screwed regardless, but I just feel there were a lot better options out there, and replacing Johnson with Kitna was a sideways move.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I just hear Jerry is considering a Pacman return? Hope he's just messing with the media.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he's just screwing around with the media on the Pacman issue, there is no room for him here...He's not going to be a top 3 corner, and he'd be awful at returning punts again, so for all the negativity it wouldn't even be worth it.

I think Mickens will be fine as a 4th corner, Pacman wouldn't even make sense at this point no matter how Jerry tried to spin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringing Pacman back would be a big joke. We know that Pacman has all world talent, and he could be a top corner if he really put his mind to it. Unfortunately he's just another one of those guys that waste their talent. I'd rather see what Mickens has as the 4th corner over getting Pacman back. At least he doesn't have a history that could get him banished from the league. Hell I'd rather have Alan Ball and Courtney Brown than Pacman right now. Pacman is just a no no right now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On some unrelated 4th and Long news, I really think Andrew Hawkins could end up being worth something to us, even if on the PS...I know everyone wants to assume everybody on this show sucks and that's cool, maybe so, but he's got some incredible quickness and agility, he's a smaller fast WR that we don't have right now top to bottom.

We wanted to give Amendola a look last year and Hawkins actually offers alot more versatility then he does, so I could see him being an interesting guy to bring in, especially with his ability to be a PR man.

His production at Toledo was pretty sick too playing both ways, call me crazy but I think he'd be worth giving a look, I'm pretty sure he's going to be the winner because he has the best fit on the team.

Quote:
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent been paying attention to it at all since the 1st episode. I dont really care all that much. I wouldnt get too excited for Hawkins though...or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good news here. Nothing to hang your hopes on, but it's at least something positive to hear about during this ghost town type time.

Pacman who? Unknown DBs shine at Cowboys practice

CARROLLTON, Texas (AP)—Maybe the Cowboys won’t need Adam “Pacman” Jones back in the secondary after all.

The biggest playmakers at organized team activities Tuesday were a pair of low-profile, third-year defensive backs: cornerback Alan Ball and safety Courtney Brown. Ball had an interception and each player had a couple of deflections, earning praise from teammates and coach Wade Phillips.

The performances came one day after the team backtracked on owner Jerry Jones’ comment that he was considering a reunion with Jones, the cornerback released following a troubled 2008 that included a fight with his team bodyguard and a six-game suspension.

Most of the offseason chatter about the Cowboys’ secondary has been about the free-agent signing of Gerald Sensabaugh, the return of a healthy Terence Newman and the development of second-year pros Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick. But Ball and Brown stole the show Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Although Ball is a corner and Brown a safety, Phillips said he hopes to engineer a switch. He wants each to learn the other position, and said he thinks their skills are better suited to their new spots. Both are listed at 6-foot-1, but Brown is about 20 pounds heavier at 204.

Phillips said Ball, though undersized, is a good tackler capable of handling the physical play required of a safety.

“Smaller guys have played safety before,” Phillips said. “Not many of them can do it. I think he is one that can.”

Ball appeared in 10 games last season, and had nine tackles and one pass deflection. He took most of his reps Tuesday as the first-team safety, filling in for Ken Hamlin, who was out for personal reasons.

Ball’s biggest fan Tuesday was linebacker Bradie James.

“Alan Ball is a guy I definitely would want to play with,” James said. “He has a high motor. He knows what to do. And he is a guy you can be confident in.”

Brown, who played corner in college at Cal Poly, appeared in nine games and recorded seven tackles last season. Phillips said he is more of a natural cornerback who was forced to play at safety last season. On Tuesday, he had two deflections, including a deep pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams that he knocked down at the last moment.

“If he can cover like he covered today, he might have a home right there,” Phillips said.

Phillips said he threw both into the Tampa game and that the 13-9 win was “one of our best games of the season.”

Newman, who battled a groin injury last season, said his young teammates have shown they can handle the strain of learning two positions. Their flexibility, he said, ensures the Cowboys will have depth.

“For those guys to play corner and safety, and have to learn both positions as well as the nickel—they are playing three different positions and they are not making any MEs,” Newman said. “Those are mental errors. It’s a good thing when they can do that and play good football.”

The team has been practicing at a high school stadium in suburban Carrollton since the collapse of its practice facility last month. A handful of players were sidelined with a variety of minor ailments that receiver Patrick Crayton(notes) said might have to do with the artificial turf.

“It’s a nice high school stadium, but I hate this stuff,” Crayton said. “(It’s) pitiful on your legs and joints. I wish we could have found a grass stadium. You have got to work with what you got.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly, Id take David Carr over Jon Kitna at this point in their careers any day.

Carr is more mobile, has a bigger arm, and has actually somewhat revitalized his career under the Giants. He's actually pretty damn good for a backup qb, and if you ask any Giants fans, we'd like to keep him long term if it was possible.

Kitna doesn't fix anything. The man's arm is shot. And you guys run a heavily vertical passing game. So how is he any improvement over Johnson? Theyre the same player.

You needed a big armed back up. He's not that. Being a veteran doesn't mean jack if you suck. And at this point in his career, Kitna sucks. Chris Simms would have been a much better option. Simms has an arm, and playoff experience. He was relatively good during that one year when Gruden didn't ruin his development.

And supposedly he turned his career around in Tennessee. I wouldve nabbed him for the right price.

I know its a dumb argument, because usually when your star qb gets hurt for a long period of time, you're screwed regardless, but I just feel there were a lot better options out there, and replacing Johnson with Kitna was a sideways move.
I usually respect your opinions, but you are way off on this one.

These were all from DMN bloggers that have attented all the OTAs:

-Yes, the 36-year-old Kitna can still throw ropes. Unlike the last couple of years, the experienced backup's arm strength won't be a concern for the Cowboys.

-WR Sam Hurd (right), who is somewhat of a forgotten man coming off of ankle surgery, did not contribute to the drop total. He caught everything he got his hands on, including a diving grab by the sideline on a low rope thrown by Jon Kitna. Hurd isn't a guy who gets great separation -- and he might not be 100 percent yet -- but his hands might be the best on the team.

-Jon Kitna certainly has a strong enough arm. He led Patrick Crayton perfectly on a double move for a would-be touchdown on cornerback Michael Hawkins. Kitna also rifled in a slant pass to Travis Wilson between the linebacker and corner.

Nobody thinks Kitna has Elway-type arm strength, but to say he's not an upgrade over Johnson is crazy talk.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Here was some encouraging news I read from Matt Moseley's blog:

Quote:
One more thing at safety: A long shot named Michael Hawkins flashed quite a bit Tuesday. He's a former Oklahoma player who was drafted by the Packers. I don't think there's a place on the roster for him, but he was pretty solid today.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...TA-Report.html

Gotta do my part to make sure nobody forgets his name, again if he stays healthy he's got the talent to play in this league no doubt about it, he's one to monitor into Training Camp.

Quote:
Tight end Martellus Bennett is drawing rave reviews from my guys in the scouting community. It's almost impossible for safeties and linebackers to cover him. And he's starting to use his size to his advantage. It's pretty startling to see a 265-pound guy come out of break and absolutely lose a safety.

I think we have reason to be excited about Bennett this year, we have been running lots of 2 TE sets, giving Bennett screens and getting the ball into his hands, he's a weapon that we need to use, I can't wait to see how much improved he comes back this year.

Quote:
Rookie safety DeAngelo Smith can cover some serious ground. He wouldn't allow Romo to complete anything in the flat.

Good look with Smith, he gives us some range in the secondary, and the most exciting part is that we won't have to rely on him in year one to contribute on the field right away...Nice to know he's showing some good signs so far.

Let's not forget how quick injuries happen, he may end up having to play quite a bit for us.

Also Wade seems to be really intrigued by Gerald Sensabaugh, now we don't have to worry about making a defense fit around a safety who can't cover:

Quote:
Coach Wade Phillips said the speed Sensabaugh brings to the strong safety position gives the secondary the latitude to do some things it hasn't done in recent seasons. "He looks outstanding," Phillips said. "He really has a lot of ability and is a good worker. He can really cover a lot of ground. You see that real quick with him. We feel good about him."

"This guy has got better speed and is a better coverage guy," Campo said. "He's a physical guy and can cover. That gives us a little bit stronger edge at the strong safety position."

This should make things alot easier for Wade in being able to call plays how he wants and put pressure on the QB, almost all of these guys were hand picked by him on that side of the ball, and think we should see an improvement on that side of the ball.

Playing for a big contract, I think he'll be at his best this year...All you hear from out secondary is speed, coverage ability, man to man skills, alot easier to blitz and put pressure on the the QB when you have a secondary with this ability.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
This is good news here. Nothing to hang your hopes on, but it's at least something positive to hear about during this ghost town type time.
I am happy for those two, Courtney Brown was a guy I was excited about last year but he really bombed the year at safety, and didn't show me much, I thought he was moving to CB this year anyway, but either way I won't be expecting much from him this year...Nice to know their playing hard.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

That's a damn good update LL. I like how the secondary is shaping up. Seems like DeAngelo is making quite a name for himself early on.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a damn good update LL. I like how the secondary is shaping up. Seems like DeAngelo is making quite a name for himself early on.
In two off season we went from a talent deficit to overload in the secondary IMHO.

Problem is we are still short at LB and OL.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...rth-money.html

Ware fluff, but I liked this part.

Quote:
He hears about disgruntled players such as the Eagles' Sheldon Brown and the Cardinals' Anquan Boldin and just shakes his head. The thought of skipping a voluntary workout or two has apparently never crossed his mind, in part, because he thinks it would be a poor example to his teammates.
I wish Sheldon Brown would follow Ware's example.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

More reasons why Ware is the man. Good up Sniper.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As bad as Kitna is, he's several degrees of magnitude improvement over Brad Johnson. Johnson started, what, 4 games last yr. during the interim of Romo's broken pinky & Dallas lost 3 of them. Those 3 losses crippled their whole season & were a huge obstacle between them & the elusive playoffs.

Couple of yrs. ago I posted that any NFL win vs. a team starting Kitna or Slash Stewart at QB should not count in the final season rcds. b/c both of those QBs found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, remember Dallas pulling out the W in Detroit on a turnover in the last minute 2 yrs. ago when Kitna tore them up all day? He seemed always have Dallas' number & I'm sure that was a big factor in the FO's decision to sign him.

Kitna's got a deceptively stronger arm than most think, most of his problems reside in his head & have to do with with game management & bad decision-making.

Last edited by LizardState : 06-14-2009 at 12:01 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone remember Kitna calling out Bradie a couple of years ago? Something like "#56 didn't know what he was doing out there". Wonder if they picked Kitna's brain about it, or if he was just talking s.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

lol I forgot about Kitna saying that. I bet Bradie lights him up in practice once for payback.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Anyone remember Kitna calling out Bradie a couple of years ago? Something like "#56 didn't know what he was doing out there". Wonder if they picked Kitna's brain about it, or if he was just talking s.
He may have been talking smack but he was also accurate.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis getting signed by the Raiders proves one thing - his career really is over. That will be the last contract he signs*.

*Unless of course they 'Deangelo Hall' him.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Ellis getting signed by the Raiders proves one thing - his career really is over. That will be the last contract he signs*.

*Unless of course they 'Deangelo Hall' him.
HAHAHA! Sadly that's true. Maybe he can help Burgess turn it on again, but the Raiders are in a hell hole right now.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Johnson makes a statement
12:47 PM Tue, Jun 16, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon/Blogger Bio | E-mail | News tips

With undrafted WR Kevin Ogletree sidelined by a knee injury, seventh-round pick Manny Johnson picked a pretty good time to have his best practice as a Cowboy.

Johnson made a tough catch on a deep ball against Mike Mickens early in the practice and finished the session with a flurry. He beat Mike Jenkins for three completions from Jon Kitna on the final drive of the day, causing all kinds of whooping and hollering by the offensive starters on the sideline.

Is that cause for concern about the '07 first-round pick who will play a major role this season? Perhaps. But it's probably just a speed bump for Jenkins, who has had a very good off-season.

It was a significant development for Johnson. He was below Ogletree on the depth chart. Ogletree had been working as the No. 3 receiver with Miles Austin and Sam Hurd nursing injuries.

Johnson has a major opportunity this minicamp with his primary competitors (Ogletree and Isaiah Stanback) for what will probably be the last WR roster spot out with knee injuries. The ex-Sooner seized the opportunity this morning.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Sounds like Romo maybe getting serious in his conditioning and may start lifting a bit extra this time around. He's always been a little doughy and has been criticized for it in the past, so it's good to see he may get his butt in gear and putt some effort in to it now. I'm not expecting him to come into TC looking like Brady Quinn, but a leaner more fit Romo can only be a good thing.

Last edited by Paul : 06-17-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Starting to get wiser with age, but he definately needs to hit the weights, he fell completely apart last year after some of those hits he took.

Had we gotten through Philly he would of been no good the next week, but I like how he's talking.

Quote: